• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always have a rule for me, never spend more than 100$ of goodies for myself for each month. It helps my wallet keep it's weight, the only thing I don't want having a diet :P

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yeah I can't control it, even if I'm 19 and I have a sense of common logic. There are so many things I want to do with my life, more importantly make an ultimate kitchen to spend hours in, and if I were to get a credit card, I would max it in a week. I have self restraint, but cash is my kryptonite.
I'm the opposite. I don't spend money unnecessarily, most of the time. x: Though $150 was spent on a snake that died less than 6 months after I adopted her. I:

Irrelevant, but I'm eating canned bread right now. Way more disgusting than I expected. D;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its not unnecessary if its for your hobby/life's meaning. I really want to have a fancy oven, and fancy knives, and fancy utensils not to show that I'm in the loop or to show off, but because I want to use every literal object I can to make a dish. Not to mention with a credit card I would likely spend 200 a month on food alone trying to make anything and everything I can make. Its an addction, and giving myself an enabler would not help.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I meant things that aren't completely required. Then again, what is necessary varies by opinion. My weakness is Pokemon stuff. D; I've wasted so much money on the trading cards.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Ah then yeah, required stuff I can handle no prob. Video game budget is about 100 per month, and if I get a job soon its gonna be 200, cause I need to catch up with a lot of stuff. Gamecube is gonna be a real pain getting stuff though...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually got a lot of hobbies.. Yugioh TCG, Vanguard TCG, WoW TCG, movies & Pokemon manga :C

So I gotta carefully decide what to buy if I wanna commit to my decision of wasting 100$ per month for my hobbies ^^'

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, wow.
I haven't bought a video game since last year, getting Pokemon White version. x: I'm too cheap eheheh.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm sooooo stingy. I can barely spend like 20 bucks at once on myself.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't like spending huge amount of money at once :P

The max I would spend is like 20$. when there's a game that's like 25-30$, I just stand there holding the game, pondering on whether I should buy it or not xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I bought Tales of the Abyss for 35 and that was my spending for this month basically. I plan out video game purchases months in advance.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm eventually going to waste some money on Platinum version. Hopefully I can find it for a decent price on eBay. x: I actually am going to check now, before I forget again because I have the memory of a goldeen goldfish. I:

@Touj
I do the same thing haha. I don't like spending money, so I have to spend quite a while deciding on a video game. I don't even think I'm ever going to get Black/White 2. x:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Don't you have used games in any store's near you? Platinum should be dirt cheap.
cm-33295-050b6a2fac6da9.gif

First World Problems, eh?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Tom just got Platinum at Gamestop for 25-30 bucks used, without a case. Pokemon games don't get dirt cheap.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Pokemon games don't really come in cheap =/
I bought mines;

HeartGold, 35$ used with the box but without the Pokewalker
Diamond: 20$ with the box
White: 40$ brand new

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I found it used (no case or manual- just the game itself) for $24.99 in a game story. D; I've strayed from looking for Platinum and started searching for TCG packs eheheh. When I do buy them, though, it's for around $3 at Walmart because it's from the older games. I like the pre-Gen V Pokemon more, anyway (probably because I'm not as familiar with Unova Pokemon).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The hell? Bought platinum for 15 euros with box, SS with box and walker at 20. You guys have it bad, used games is a relatively new market here, and everyone or anyone who has it basically don't know what they're selling, its like a gold mine.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
To be fair he didn't do much shopping around, it was just there at Gamestop.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah but Gamestop is the scum of the earth, or so I hear. Aren't there other shops with used games? Haven't been to the states for seven years, and that's when EB games still existed. They were great, never had a problem with em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back