We come close to find Singularity

Age 21
Male
Research Triangle / Jakarta
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
5,492 posts
9.8 Years
hello. i've been trying to configure my mail client with my PC email, and setting up incoming IMAP works just fine. however, when i move forward in setup to put in the SMTP details, my clients all say "couldn't finish: couldn't open a connection to the server." i have done this with outlook on windows, thunderburd on linux, and default android mail on android. i have tried with SSL, and without. i am following the configuration guide posted on the webmail site. can you look into what's going on?
the beat goes on (ノ^o^;)ノ
ヽ(;^o^ヽ) the beat goes on
( don’t stop the groovin’ )

tokyodrift

Age 25
Female
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
3,788 posts
8.2 Years
I don’t think PC email addresses are supported anymore. An admin could better answer this though.

Alexander Nicholi

Age 21
Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
5,492 posts
9.8 Years
I don’t think PC email addresses are supported anymore. An admin could better answer this though.
i sure hope thats not the case. its not that i actively use it but its like a phone number ive given out for years, i cant exactly take it back.

i have had various self-hosted mail servers but these days i use gandi. i redirect all of my mail to a unified inbox, which isnt something i have the ability to configure as i dont run pc's webmail.

if it's too much of a burden for them to run the mail server, might i ask if they could keep is going as a relay so addresses don't die?

Laslow

Ashe – House of Blue Lions

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Online now
Posted 7 Hours Ago
18,176 posts
16.8 Years
Emails are no longer being issued to new supporters; anyone with a supporter email (that isn’t a staff email) will continue to have access to email until any discontinuation of service, which if it does happen, we’d be sure to notify address holders of.

Our SMTP server is any permutation of “pokecommunity.com”; typically, “mail.pokecommunity.com” should work. It uses SSL via port 587 and requires authentication via the same credentials as your IMAP credentials.

Alexander Nicholi

Age 21
Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
5,492 posts
9.8 Years
Emails are no longer being issued to new supporters; anyone with a supporter email (that isn’t a staff email) will continue to have access to email until any discontinuation of service, which if it does happen, we’d be sure to notify address holders of.

Our SMTP server is any permutation of “pokecommunity.com”; typically, “mail.pokecommunity.com” should work. It uses SSL via port 587 and requires authentication via the same credentials as your IMAP credentials.
yeah, i used that information, and SMTP doesnt take. as i said IMAP worked fine, but ive been having this problem consistently for months now, ever since the server move when i had my credentials reset

Laslow

Ashe – House of Blue Lions

Male
Melbourne, Australia
Online now
Posted 7 Hours Ago
18,176 posts
16.8 Years
It’s quite possible you’ve accepted an old certificate for the server. These have changed with our movement between hosts; you’ll likely need to change your certificate trust settings on your PC and your phone.

Have you attempted setup on a fresh device?
Advertiser Content