• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Name Change Curiosities

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
Years
Hello, There is a username I've been wanting for several years but it doesn't comply with the name change rules in that:

1) it has around 3k "total posts"
2) the member is banned

Is there any way to circumvent this? The user hasn't been online since 2006 and it's a little disheartening that I can't take their name for that reason.

I do understand if it turns out I can't have their name, but in that case I'm just wondering if anyone can answer my question:

Why do they have to not be banned, and why do they have to have no posts?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
are you eyeballing the username roxas as well bc big mood lol. anyway, i can't speak for bans, but i believe that the post count thing is like 'they posted a lot and have a higher chance of returning' than if someone posted no times and hasn't been on in forever. it might also be a case of server strain in deleting that many posts because when you take someone's username (as i recall), you basically have to delete that member that you're taking it from. i could be mistaken, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If a user has made many posts, they're a noticeable part of PC's history and we don't like to erase that unless they request it themselves.

Taking the name of a banned member can lead to confusion, especially if the banned member was a really bad egg. I think I'll confer more with the other admins on that particular point though.

Roxas

Years
If a user has made many posts, they're a noticeable part of PC's history and we don't like to erase that unless they request it themselves.

Taking the name of a banned member can lead to confusion, especially if the banned member was a really bad egg. I think I'll confer more with the other admins on that particular point though.

Well, if there is any chance of this working out, I'd love to discuss it with the mods. I've had my eyes on this particular username for several years now... Every time I think of changing my name with my crystal tier support, there's only one name I would want, but I can't use it because I go check the rules.

I hope maybe we can work something out. I've been on this site for a while and it has a lot of sentimental value for me, I don't plan to leave, but I have hope that maybe something can be done?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Is it an option for you to take an extremely similar name? As in, the name but like with a period or a dash or some other small extra character tacked on.

Roxas

Years
Is it an option for you to take an extremely similar name? As in, the name but like with a period or a dash or some other small extra character tacked on.

Mmmmm.... If there's even a small chance for me to take the name I want, I wouldn't want to add a dash or period at the end. If the name gets freed up somehow, I absolutely want it, letter for letter honestly. And I won't be changing my name unless I can get that name, either. I am pretty sure it's going to be this name for a loooong time unless I can somehow get my hands on the one I've been eyeing for years

Back