• 10 replies

Astronaut

space adventure

Non-binary
Seen 53 Minutes Ago
Posted 54 Minutes Ago
32,964 posts
11.8 Years
To what level do you feel like you're actually learning and gaining ideas and skills from participating in discussions here in the Theatre? Do you mostly see it as casual fun to reply to a thread, or are you the kind who gets heavily invested and tries to soak up as many hints and tricks as possible maybe?

Personally, for me it varies a lot. Some days I just feel like reminiscing and think back on my past RPs and reply something fitting from that. Other days I guess i can be more invested and really want to analyze a topic here. Those days are too rate lately though, I want to work on that! There have been so many nice proper discussions here lately and I hope we can all become more comfortable and cool roleplayers for it~

So, what's your own style in the Theatre threads? (:

jombii

Crobat is ProBat

Male
Philippines
Seen June 28th, 2019
Posted April 13th, 2019
3,414 posts
5.3 Years
Well, I always do try to answer the posts here in the discussion. I particularly like discussions regarding play style as it gives me a glimpse on how other people play and maybe incorporate some details of it in my writing. I mean, we're all here to improve right?

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Minute Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,236 posts
7.4 Years
I'm pretty variable. Sometimes I could chat in here for hours about in-depth character characteristics and writing styles and GMing/World Building. Other days I want to cast Liam Neeson for the Gunpowder movie.

Arsenic

Flying High

Age 22
Male
In the skies
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
3,196 posts
8.3 Years
I enjoy casually sifting through the threads here. I'm sure I've picked up a lot more than I've realized from here! It also is a good way to interact with the theatre whilst I'm not in a RP currently!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit

Age 23
Male
Ambrette Town, Kalos
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted June 7th, 2019
2,630 posts
4.1 Years
Right now, I'm definitely doing this more for casual fun and just having a nice chat and get my thoughts typed out but I know I've been picking things up from these discussions as I can see the evolution in my writing. This stems from both these discussions and from reading others' works.

Retro Bug

Seen July 18th, 2016
Posted May 27th, 2016
1,176 posts
11.2 Years
I like to keep everything casual and avoid threads that I know will make me want to go into full rant discussion mode. I feel like you have one person disagree from the majority (and sometimes around here it gets hive mind-y) & then get 2-3 people "ganging" up on them, which I feel can be a bit intimidating when you're only expressing your opinion.

"I'm ready for a nap..."
[YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
Pokémon:

The Meta Journey

Winter

거기 너 I fancy you

Age 22
Non-binary
Seen June 12th, 2019
Posted December 21st, 2017
8,221 posts
4.6 Years
I like posting/reading the Theatre threads and getting to know how other roleplayers' minds operate (which eventually lets me know them better as a creative person).

Sometimes it reminds me that I have very little experience in roleplaying, compared to others, and acts as a little motivator to participate more...
Out Of My Mind
Seen June 11th, 2017
Posted February 25th, 2017
397 posts
5.8 Years
Honestly I never really take most of these other conversations very seriously, although I probably should. Most of them mostly just seem like fun little questions to get the opinions of various players, get people involved, etc. That being said, some conversations tend to be useful here, and even necessary *cough cough* Thread that just went up about elitism *cough cough*

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted July 18th, 2019
13,230 posts
6.5 Years
Mostly its just casual fun in the rpt. I've been thinking about posting some more not so casual threads, but idk.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure

Female
Louisiana
Seen June 26th, 2018
Posted June 24th, 2018
671 posts
10.5 Years
I don't think I'm gaining much. I do like looking at the threads to get an insight about the other member's opinions and positions on things, but that's more of a way to get them know them better than improving myself personally.

I am a bit disappointed that we have a lot of threads that don't get a lot of replies before they're forgotten about. I wish we had more discussions that warranted deeper or longer discussion, but the problem with those threads is that you have to think of something interesting to talk about! Not really that easy.

Other than that I think this is a good place for general discussion or forum games or something. :)
Anya Odile // Bae'd to Quest // The Frozen Gate
Advertiser Content