Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
625 posts
2.4 Years
Hi,

Balanced FireRed will be a "balanced and ideal" FireRed that aims to make it not able to be "cheesed" through, as well as including features from Gen 2 like Headbutt trees and a day/night system that would have improved the experience.

I am also planning on including a "Game Challenges" guide, with strategies and information for Blazing FR on:
Speedrunning
Nuzlocking and Nuzlocke Variants
No Deaths Runs

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
625 posts
2.4 Years
A good chunk of the dialogue is missing and the music goes silent when I catch a Pokemon. I know this is still in its alpha stage though and still needs work. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how future versions of this hack turn out.
Wait, really? Where? I haven't noticed anything like that. Check the newest patch I'm about to upload if you need to.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
625 posts
2.4 Years
For example your rivals text wont show and neither prof oak
What in the world. This doesn't happen with my ROM. Are you patching to v. 1.0 or a Squirrels ROM?

Edit: Also, what emu are you using?

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
625 posts
2.4 Years
Just a question at the first pokemart you can buy almost any item and pokeball is it gonna be like that in the real beta or what?
Yeah, but I'll adjust the prices of things so there's still some challenge

FeraligatrMaster

Male
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
12,230 posts
2.7 Years
Why have Mega Evolutions with no ability? Why not give them placeholder abilities instead? Unless you're planning to add their abilities, how about the following ones:

Mega Charizard X: Intimidate
Mega Blastoise: Rain Dish
Mega Beedrill: Swarm
Mega Kangaskhan: Inner Focus
Mega Pinsir: Hyper Cutter
Mega Gyarados: Intimidate
Mega Aerodactyl: Intimidate
Mega Ampharos: Volt Absorb
Mega Steelix: Rock Head
Mega Scizor: Hyper Cutter
Mega Heracross: Guts
Mega Houndoom: Intimidate
Mega Gardevoir: Synchronize
Mega Sableye: Pressure
Mega Mawile: Intimidate
Mega Aggron: Sturdy
Mega Sharpedo: Speed Boost
Mega Camerupt: Flash Fire
Mega Altaria: Cloud Nine
Mega Banette: Insomnia
Mega Absol: Pressure
Mega Glalie: Levitate
Mega Salamence: Air Lock
Mega Metagross: Hyper Cutter
Do you like Pokemon battles? If yes, then come play The Great Pokemon Battle 9!
Seen June 22nd, 2019
Posted November 9th, 2018
3 posts
1.8 Years
I think this hack has a lot of potential. Right now there needs to be A LOT of polishing. I know it is in alpha still though.

Somethings I think may improve the hack.
-Add more Pokemon diversity before the 1st gym. Right now if you face Brock you are forced to use Mankey if you didn't choose Vaporeon as your starter.
-Text bug is still there. I have patched it twice on Squirrels rom. I'm not sure what triggers it but it starts in the beginning.
-Show nature boons and banes
- Clean up poke mart item menu.
-Gust is physical when it should be special.
-EXP share makes the game WAY TOO easy. I like the idea of shared EXP but I feel like you should either remove it or make the game much more difficult to compensate for the extra EXP.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
625 posts
2.4 Years
I wanna be beta tester if there is any spots left pls and thank you this game looks cool
Yeah, just play the game and let me know lol

Why have Mega Evolutions with no ability? Why not give them placeholder abilities instead? Unless you're planning to add their abilities, how about the following ones:

Mega Charizard X: Intimidate
Mega Blastoise: Rain Dish
Mega Beedrill: Swarm
Mega Kangaskhan: Inner Focus
Mega Pinsir: Hyper Cutter
Mega Gyarados: Intimidate
Mega Aerodactyl: Intimidate
Mega Ampharos: Volt Absorb
Mega Steelix: Rock Head
Mega Scizor: Hyper Cutter
Mega Heracross: Guts
Mega Houndoom: Intimidate
Mega Gardevoir: Synchronize
Mega Sableye: Pressure
Mega Mawile: Intimidate
Mega Aggron: Sturdy
Mega Sharpedo: Speed Boost
Mega Camerupt: Flash Fire
Mega Altaria: Cloud Nine
Mega Banette: Insomnia
Mega Absol: Pressure
Mega Glalie: Levitate
Mega Salamence: Air Lock
Mega Metagross: Hyper Cutter
Nice, I actually found a lot of abilities not in the Ability Resource Thread in the ROM hacking section using the source code for Jambo51's FireRed 649, so I should be able to have all of the abilities for the 1st Gen Megas and most for beyond that

I think this hack has a lot of potential. Right now there needs to be A LOT of polishing. I know it is in alpha still though.

Somethings I think may improve the hack.
-Add more Pokemon diversity before the 1st gym. Right now if you face Brock you are forced to use Mankey if you didn't choose Vaporeon as your starter.
-Text bug is still there. I have patched it twice on Squirrels rom. I'm not sure what triggers it but it starts in the beginning.
-Show nature boons and banes
- Clean up poke mart item menu.
-Gust is physical when it should be special.
-EXP share makes the game WAY TOO easy. I like the idea of shared EXP but I feel like you should either remove it or make the game much more difficult to compensate for the extra EXP.
Your first comment was very much appreciated because I was planning on doing that exact same thing. I have already done the following:
-Replace all instances of Mankey with Makuhita
-Replace all instances of Spearow with Taillow
-Replace all instances of Rattata (early game) with Zigzagoon (planning on replacing all of them)
-Replace all instances of Geodude in Mt. Moon with Nosepass
-Added Bulbasaur to the Route above Cerulean City replacing half of Abra's spawns
-Replace all instances of Voltorb near the Power Plant with Electrike

I have no idea what text bug you're talking about. I'm wanting to see screenshots, please.

Nature boons and banes are implemented in Redux Blaze Alpha 0.2

I'm going to scale the items available with the amount of badges obtained. I'll keep you posted

Gust is special in Redux Blaze A 0.2

I'll think about making the game more difficult to compensate for the Exp All!

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
625 posts
2.4 Years
The missing text bug is from the fastest text option. I used the Universal Pokmon Randomizer to give the game "fastest text" and this breaks the fastest text option in-game. So don't use fastest text and you'll be alright.

Edit: Leon's ROMbase fixed this issue, so disregard this post if you're playing the latest.
Advertiser Content