• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advanced Over World Sprite Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Hello!!!
Really that tuto helped a lot to me...
They put something that I don't know what is happening causes!!
In the first 5 times that I followed the tutorial worked perfectly...
but when I turned off and later I tied PC didn't work more....
I already tried to redo all of the steps and he/she always gives that same mistake!

PS: I put the same MINIS in the spaces 151 and in the 152

The rom just recognizes the 151 minis... all the other ones after the 151 appear as in the image...
What do I make!?

Years
Hello!!!
Really that tuto helped a lot to me...
They put something that I don't know what is happening causes!!
In the first 5 times that I followed the tutorial worked perfectly...
but when I turned off and later I tied PC didn't work more....
I already tried to redo all of the steps and he/she always gives that same mistake!

PS: I put the same MINIS in the spaces 151 and in the 152

The rom just recognizes the 151 minis... all the other ones after the 151 appear as in the image...
What do I make!?
Have you been restarting amap?
Here's a 6 step tutorial...
1. Close advance map
2. Go to your kitchen..
3. Pick some thing up to eat
4. eat it
5. go back
6. start Advance map editor

(This might could be done faster, but then it would be long enough to I could claim it a toturial...)

Years
Great! And I'm still waiting for how to add new trainers (Not only a picture but the new data for the pokemon and moves...) and pokemon out of 386...Keep researching!

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Have you been restarting amap?
Here's a 6 step tutorial...
1. Close advance map
2. Go to your kitchen..
3. Pick some thing up to eat
4. eat it
5. go back
6. start Advance map editor

(This might could be done faster, but then it would be long enough to I could claim it a toturial...)

(¬_¬)
Hum.... unhappily it didn't work...

I already tried more times and it is always the same mistake...
Any mini after the 151 is accepted by the rom.... just for AMAP.
All of the minis that I put in the new spaces appear the child's mini....
I don't know more than to do....
Help me please!! @. @

Last edited:
Years
(¬_¬)
Hum.... unhappily it didn't work...

I already tried more times and it is always the same mistake...
Any mini after the 151 is accepted by the rom.... just for AMAP.
All of the minis that I put in the new spaces appear the child's mini....
I don't know more than to do....
Help me please!! @. @

And you are sure you pointed the new offset to the overworlds? Have you been chaning the new sprites? I had kind of same problem but then I reeliezed that I had messed up the offset that points to the sprites offsets

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Curse!!!!
I already tried vary times and always the same mistake!!
I already used several different offsets...
but when I will play the rom it doesn't recognize the new sprits...
but AMAP yes!!
I am being already crazy!!!! xD

Years
Curse!!!!
I already tried vary times and always the same mistake!!
I already used several different offsets...
but when I will play the rom it doesn't recognize the new sprits...
but AMAP yes!!
I am being already crazy!!!! xD

I said your patch didn't work, not the download link!

I currently got 97% in the story mode, but I can't win the last battle with Goku vs Hidogaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan?

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Finally I got!!!
But... another problem appeared!

The other frames don't work.... only the 0, but starting from the 1 it doesn't work! Why does anybody know!?

image => I managed to do OWE to recognize the new sprites!

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
Years
I'm having the same problem as Derlo, I have managed to add one sprite to OWE but I cannot seem to have more than one frame, if I click the arrow I get "Run time error '9' subscript out of range"

Does anyone have a solution to this?

***MAJOR EDIT***
Fixed my own problem by downloading an earlier version: Xeon's overworld editor v.1.0.0.12
A change to the .ini is needed but all is fine afterwards, no error messages (as of yet).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Years
Finally I got!!!
But... another problem appeared!

The other frames don't work.... only the 0, but starting from the 1 it doesn't work! Why does anybody know!?

image => I managed to do OWE to recognize the new sprites!
That's because the Overworld editor by hackmew don't read the Frame limit from the rom, but from a list inside the tool, after using the 151 or how many there are, sprites then the tool has no limits... You could fix that by either change overworld editor or edit the source (Which followed)

I'm having the same problem as Derlo, I have managed to add one sprite to OWE but I cannot seem to have more than one frame, if I click the arrow I get "Run time error '9' subscript out of range"

Does anyone have a solution to this?

***MAJOR EDIT***
Fixed my own problem by downloading an earlier version: Xeon's overworld editor v.1.0.0.12
A change to the .ini is needed but all is fine afterwards, no error messages (as of yet).

Hope this helps!
Yeah, As you see the orginal let you load as many frames as you want, then It just start to load the next sprite...

Derlo

Tired....
Years
Buaa!! xP
Same me using old OWE... the rom doesn't recognize the movements.... (at least with me)..
That feels because of a "key" that exists in the rom, so much for the counting of the minis as for the numbers of minis with more than 1 frame that is already certain in the original rom!

I just found the restraint for the counting of minis...
But for the frames... not yet!

With some of you new Frames did work in the rom without problem?!
With me, same editing them, it happened mistakes in all of the minis that were close to the new mini when he was moved.

See you later!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back