• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
And guys, there's another problem when any body wants to fight the player...

Exception: RuntimeError
Section067:352:in `initialize'Party 1 has no Pokemon.
Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section089:414:in `new'
Section089:414:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:753:in `eval'
Section019:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Section019:753:in `command_111'
Section019:292:in `execute_command'
Section019:190:in `update'
Section019:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:249:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:753:in `command_111'
Interpreter:292:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:99:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `loop'
Scene_Map:110:in `update'
Scene_Map:66:in `main'

it's saying that the player has no pokemon, and if it does have pokemon, check to see if the trainer your battling has pokemon, because it's one or the other :D

Um. whenever i go from Map ID: 005, to Map ID: 006, it says it not possible and i need ID: 007.

Why? o-o

hm.... did you get rid of the coding for all the maps in connections and replace it with the ones you want? becasue it seems to me that you are trying to walk onto a map that doesn't exist. though i could be wrong, can you post the error message?

Last edited:

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
it's saying that the player has no pokemon, and if it does have pokemon, check to see if the trainer your battling has pokemon, because it's one or the other :D

hm.... did you get rid of the coding for all the maps in connections and replace it with the ones you want? becasue it seems to me that you are trying to walk onto a map that doesn't exist. though i could be wrong, can you post the error message?

ohhh! i forgot about connections!
thank you!

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hello. Well I have been using this great Starter Kit for some time now and I have some questions:
1. How can I make my character run?
2. Is it possible to make an event reappear after like 5 minutes, but only if something happened, like this:

You beat the pokemon or catch it: Pokemon disappears and comes back after 5 minutes
You flee, Pokemon stays there...

Years
Hello. Well I have been using this great Starter Kit for some time now and I have some questions:
1. How can I make my character run?
2. Is it possible to make an event reappear after like 5 minutes, but only if something happened, like this:

You beat the pokemon or catch it: Pokemon disappears and comes back after 5 minutes
You flee, Pokemon stays there...

1.Press shift and u will be able to run. U can also change the speed of the character during an event by using the script $game_player.move_speed ($game_player.move_speed=4.8 for example).

2. I think u can use time dependent events to make it come back every 5 minutes. Take a look at it in the notes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I've got 2 problems. The first is that when you don't have the running shoes and you use the shift button, the player uses the running animation but has the same speed as walking.

The second is that when you go into the menu system and press shift, it shows the running animation. Anyone know how to fix these? I have a different animation for the walking and running charsets, if you were wondering.

Years
I've got 2 problems. The first is that when you don't have the running shoes and you use the shift button, the player uses the running animation but has the same speed as walking.

The second is that when you go into the menu system and press shift, it shows the running animation. Anyone know how to fix these? I have a different animation for the walking and running charsets, if you were wondering.

For the first one, replace the line 36 in Walk/Run
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0
by
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0 && $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes. It will solve your problem.

And for the second one, I dont understand why u have this bug... I dont have it... I must move to make the running animation appear. If i'm looking in the menu and that I press shift, it does nothing....

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
There is something really off about the music in the system, I think it's to do with the rewritten Audio.dll.

1. I ran from a town into a route which had long grass quite early (think Pallet Town), I entered a battle just as the music was fading in, and this caused the route music to play in battle. After the battle the music didn't play.
2. Sometimes MIDIs don't play certain instruments making the music sound really flat.
3. Sometimes the music cracks and pops.
4. Sometimes it plays twice at the same time causing it to echo.

I think the last three are probably hard to fix, the fixing the first one would be great.

Also where can I change the position of reflections?
issuegb9.jpg

First arrow shows that when surfing the reflection looks odd, so I want to cut off and move up reflections.
Second arrow show that if the reflection is tall enough, the reflection appears on land. The reflection appears when I move forward a square, but it doesn't there.

I need to stop posting here because I feel naggy. ._.;

Years
Well, the problem is not the position of the relection itself, it is to make it end at the bank of the water... I've already reported this bug to Poccil 2 days ago, I hope he will have a solution.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
For the first one, replace the line 36 in Walk/Run
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0
by
if meta[5] && meta[5]!="" && Input.press?(Input::A) && Input.dir4!=0 && $PokemonGlobal.runningShoes. It will solve your problem.

And for the second one, I dont understand why u have this bug... I dont have it... I must move to make the running animation appear. If i'm looking in the menu and that I press shift, it does nothing....

Thank you, works perfectly :)
It should fix the 2nd problem as well.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Well, you could make the tile, where the water touches the land make the terrain tag 1 and therefore nothing would be reflecting there.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
i have 2 questions: Please anybody answer!!!

How do i make a trainer with a shiny Pokémon???

And how i create new atacks, and HMs(like whirpool from G/S/C)???

PLEASE ANSWER
I need much this!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I have a question to ask... How can I set a shiny wild Pokemon battle like that Red Gyarados of Pokemon G/S/C? I followed the instruction " create a new script section that contains the following", but there's always error occurred.
Code:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}
I added the script to the script editor for once and even add it directly to the wild battle event, but it failed for both times. What can I do to enable the shiny wild Pokemon battle? Besides, the starterkit I'm currently using is still the Feb, 19th version, so is it impossible to use the shiny Pokemon event if I use this version? I'd appreciate it very much if you can help.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
i have 2 questions: Please anybody answer!!!

How do i make a trainer with a shiny Pokémon???

And how i create new atacks, and HMs(like whirpool from G/S/C)???

PLEASE ANSWER
I need much this!

for the new attacks, they are referred to as "moves" in the note file, (which for some reason only half explains how to add a new move, so most people assume that it takes some knowledge of ruby, when it doesn't)

Now, go to the pbs folder, click on moves, when it opens, go to the bottom of the page, and add a new line. (i always copy a move that does something similar to what i want the move to do, then edit it so that it is exactly like i want it)

there is a code that you will need to give it on line four, this page: http://upokecenter.com/games/rs/guides/attacks.html tells you what the hexal codes do.

i also want to point out that all of this is on page 81, which is only 2 pages ahead of this one, so next time please search first.

and sorry, but i don't think that HM's are editable. Sorry :(

I have a question to ask... How can I set a shiny wild Pokemon battle like that Red Gyarados of Pokemon G/S/C? I followed the instruction " create a new script section that contains the following", but there's always error occurred.
Code:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}
I added the script to the script editor for once and even add it directly to the wild battle event, but it failed for both times. What can I do to enable the shiny wild Pokemon battle? Besides, the starterkit I'm currently using is still the Feb, 19th version, so is it impossible to use the shiny Pokemon event if I use this version? I'd appreciate it very much if you can help.

lol, i did that too. :D nice to know i'm not the only one that sometimes doesn't read the whole thing. :3, i usually only read the first part then ask people questions. T-T (sorry for those of you that have had to answer my many thousands of questions.

ok, put that parte in to the scripts, and put this part:

Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = ON
Script: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = OFF

in an event for the garadose thing, .

Last edited:
Years
Uh.
When i lose a battle,
it sends me to Map025,
how to i change it?

U have to use the script : Kernel.pbSetPokemonCenter when u enter a pokemon center. That will put that pokemon center as a respawn point.

U could search in the topic, it has been explained previously :

That part of the script is not ready yet, actually.

Now, I have seen some people use the Healing Spot metadata setting other than intended; namely to say that a map has a Pokemon Center, rather than to say where the entrance to a Pokemon Center's map is. I have updated the description of the Healing Spot setting accordingly:

HealingSpot: If this setting is present, this map is a healing spot (such as a Pokemon Center), and this setting indicates this healing spot's entrance. This setting consists of three numbers, separated by
commas, that indicate the map ID and the X and Y coordinates of the entrance. When this map is entered, the location that the player goes with Teleport will be set to the point identified by this setting. This setting is not to be confused with the point that the player goes after he or she loses a battle; that point is set using a Script event command consisting of the text "pbSetPokemonCenter" (which sets it to the player's current location; see also "Home").

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
I did a search but nothing came up.

That doesn't make sense to me though.

Edit: Figured it out :) thanks.

NEW QUESTION: how come i can use my mach bike in Map: 004,
(Which happens to be indoors, and apparently, it changes from day to night?)
but not anywhere else?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I did a search but nothing came up.

That doesn't make sense to me though.

Edit: Figured it out :) thanks.

NEW QUESTION: how come i can use my mach bike in Map: 004,
(Which happens to be indoors, and apparently, it changes from day to night?)
but not anywhere else?

that is stated in the note.html file (which you should read before posting here)

there is a statment in the meta file (which is in the pbs folder) that says weather or not a map can have the bike in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back