• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

GengyGengar

Sp00py
Years
On my first playthrough, I picked Treecko because Sceptile is bæ and is tied with Feraligatr as my favourite starter Pokemon. On my second playthrough, which was a Nuzlocke, I picked Torchic and named it CptFalcon in anticipation for its evolution to Blaziken. Sadly, my 3DS broke before I could get that far, so CptFalcon the Combusken is lying in wait.

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
Years
I picked Torchic the first time around, then when I reset my game to try to get the rest of the starters I don't have to complete the Kalos pokédex (right now, I just need the last Sinnoh starter and I can get that in ORAS, not to mention a few legendaries), I picked Treecko... though, I wish I would have gone with Mudkip (and not just because I liek Mudkipz). :)

Ashietigerable

Ashietigerable
Years
Hi guys, I'm very new to this forum and trying to find a thread to post on and this one seems like a good start :D I have picked Torchic most frequently because I am keen on fire types and I guess the fighting side is ok HOWEVER I am currently playing OR again and I chose Mudkip for only like the 5th time ever, I am having loads of fun on this play through! I'm really not keen on Treecko purely for asthetic reasons (I think he looks dumb) Have a nice day :) x

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Mudkip is a bad bi-- axolotl that don't need no man/woman. Mudkip is water pokemon so it was my auto-choice. I'm glad I got it too. Swampert is a tank.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I picked Torchic. I love Fire-types. Blaziken has also been certified as Uncompetitive™ two generations in a row by Smogon, which makes it edgier and, hence, a more attractive choice. Compounding this is the fact that Swampert is ugly and Sceptile looks downright stupid.

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
Mudkip! I just like Swampert a lot, although I was a little tempted to go with Treecko for old times' sake since it was my other favorite starter back when I still played Emerald.

Vengeful One

I'll put something amazing here eventually...
Years
I picked treecko because thats the same one I chose 11 years ago and I just love me some grass pokemon. And how could you not go with his cuteness!

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
God, mudkip gets good like so late in the game it's not even kidding, this guy doesnt get a decent water type move until you get surf.
treeko is just the same, it got pretty bad moveset in the beginning part of the games.
SO TORCHIC THE OG 3 gen Starter MEGA BABY. It's fighting and fire plus speed boost ability is better then those two. Plus it gets coverages earlier in it's movepool. fighting being a really good type in the beginning.

nightsmith97

Know Thyself
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
I chose Mudkip. There are plenty of great Grass-types to choose from, especially early on in the game (Shroomish, anyone?). On this playthrough I'm opting out of using a Fire-type on my team. I have other types that cover what Fire-types are strong against.

Years
I chose Treecko because it reminds me of my first pokemon adventure in emerald. I love how he Mega Evolves and get Dragon as secondary type.

Years
I chose Treecko because it reminds me of my first pokemon adventure in emerald. I love how he Mega Evolves and get Dragon as secondary type.

Drogan

Master of the Cannons
Years
I chose Treecko. I love Sceptile's design and I never really use the grass starter much, so why not.

Back