The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Demo (JOHTO + KANTO Campaigns Released) Pokémon Tri-Master (~2.0 GB)

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Closed Thread

Old February 12th, 2018 (12:55 PM).

can you get the dusk form lycanroc?

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 12th, 2018 (1:15 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AliGamerFTW View Post
      can you get the dusk form lycanroc?
      No, I didn't really want to add USUM content yet since you can get them in the latest games {XD}
      Old February 13th, 2018 (1:02 AM).

how do you get the elemental stones
        like water stone shiny stone etc
        Old February 13th, 2018 (6:45 AM).

Nature: Brave
          hi , awesome game , i have gotten the same bug (meeting N and not being able to move)
          i think i have the latest version.. so what do i do?
          Should I send you my save file?
          Old February 13th, 2018 (7:23 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AngelsAdvent77 View Post

Just currently trying to think of what to replace HOENN Contest Halls with. . . . .

you could send the player to the ``digimon world´´ to the some task or something like that to be able to obtain some of the digimons instead of giving them away
            Old February 13th, 2018 (8:31 AM).

i found a glitch in the game
              in the route before celadon city if you interact with the 4th berry, your game crashes
              all i wanted were berries and this happened XD
              Old February 13th, 2018 (11:05 AM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Somebuddy View Post
                hi , awesome game , i have gotten the same bug (meeting N and not being able to move)
                i think i have the latest version.. so what do i do?
                Should I send you my save file?
                The bug is gone as of the latest version.
                Please update to the latest version ("JK 2.0") and use one of the 4 boulders before N to escape bug.
                See 1st post under "Got Bugs?" for more info.
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nito91 View Post
                you could send the player to the ``digimon world´´ to the some task or something like that to be able to obtain some of the digimons instead of giving them away
                Kinda already did. Wait til the JOHTO Campaign to see :laugh-squinted:
                Quote:
                i found a glitch in the game
                in the route before celadon city if you interact with the 4th berry, your game crashes
                all i wanted were berries and this happened XD
                I've checked and found nothing wrong with berry trees on Route 7.
                Quote:
                how do you get the elemental stones
                like water stone shiny stone etc
                Celadon Department Store (after 6th Badge)
                Goldenrod Department Store
                Old February 13th, 2018 (2:57 PM).

How to evolve magmar into magmortar ?
                  Old February 13th, 2018 (3:05 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kyotsu441 View Post
                    How to evolve magmar into magmortar ?
                    Level up Magmar during the Day holding Magmarizer.

I've also added a chart for Trade Evolution changes to page 1 of this thread :nod:
                    Old February 13th, 2018 (3:12 PM).

Also do you plan on making a list for fakemon's location or do you want to leave us look for them ?
                      I already found quite a few of them but may be missing some .
                      Old February 13th, 2018 (3:15 PM).

Quote:
                        Also do you plan on making a list for fakemon's location or do you want to leave us look for them ?
                        I already found quite a few of them but may be missing some .
                        Good question !
                        I'd prefer to keep locations of Fakemon unknown at this point.
                        Locations will probably be revealed someday . . . just not now :smile:
                        Old February 13th, 2018 (3:17 PM).

Okay and just a list of those who are avaible without locations could be possible? To see which one I'm missing '-'
                          Old February 13th, 2018 (3:21 PM). Edited February 13th, 2018 by AngelsAdvent77.

Quote:
                            Okay and just a list of those who are avaible without locations could be possible? To see which one I'm missing '-'
                            There's a good amount so I'll have to take a look and check. I'll PM you some locations later.

PS:The official Pokemon games lack 25 Unique Combinations (ex. DARK/ELECTRIC).
                            If you have a specific Unique Type combination you want to capture, let me know and I'll include it in the PM (if there's one, lol)!
                            Old February 13th, 2018 (3:27 PM).

I don't really have some specific ones even if from what i saw by looking into the graphics the yatagaryu / frosthra and the grass/dragon type one seams like the most interesting for my team ;)
                              Old February 13th, 2018 (3:28 PM).

Quote:
                                I don't really have some specific ones even if from what i saw by looking into the graphics the yatagaryu / frosthra and the grass/dragon type one seams like the most interesting for my team ;)
                                Got it. I'll check their locations and some others and PM you later !
                                Old February 13th, 2018 (3:30 PM).

Thank you so much and loved the Kanto part ( that i just finished actually ) ;)
                                  Old February 14th, 2018 (6:19 AM).

How do you get an ice stone and shiny stone (other than from the department store in celadon city)
                                    Old February 14th, 2018 (8:47 AM). Edited February 14th, 2018 by kikuhonda2611.

I cant seem to find the exit of Viridian forest
                                      Im tripping
                                      Old February 14th, 2018 (9:32 AM).

Quote:
                                        How do you get an ice stone and shiny stone (other than from the department store in celadon city)
                                        Ice Stone = Seafoam Island
                                        Shiny Stone, I forgot :laugh-squinted:
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by kikuhonda2611 View Post
                                        I cant seem to find the exit of Viridian forest
                                        Im tripping
                                        Exit is North East. You'll find it eventually :smile:
                                        Old February 14th, 2018 (9:40 AM).

So first of all, I just started with the newest version of the game and want to tell you my first impressions and some other random thoughts. I am currently in the town of the second gym.

At first I thought this game had to be "utter trash" because one project spanning over 3 whole regions with a lot of extras, that has to be poorly made. But I was almost immediately convinced otherwise. The new tileset really looks nice and it isn't only converted 1:1 but instead newly interpreted (Viridian forest), finding small anime cutscenes included totally surprised me and on top of all that you offer both Digimon and Fakemon, of which I am a total fan xD

Besides all the praise, I have some small things to remark too. Some trainer sprites aren't that beautiful, some tiles are wrongly placed (half a stump of a tree in the forest) and through some you can simply walk.
                                          The level caps are in my opinion a little too heavy, especially with the gym leaders having access to some rather strong evolved pokemon (Sudowodo kicked my ass hard until I cheesed the whole fight with Carbink and so far I have no idea what to do against Milotic...) and once a pokemon goes over the cap it essentially becomes useless as it most often dies without attacking even once. This fact paired with the enormous amount of trainers in the Viridian forest made the whole tour not really enjoyable as I had to change my team several times just to be able to fight.
                                          Although I am out of ideas at the moment how to progress, I won't so easily give up and give it my all to see more of your so far awesome game xD

On another note I support the notion to make digimon more available somehow, be it post-game or some other way, as I like to spice fangames up by using not traditional pokemon but more fakemon as far as it goes. While talking about fakemon, I would really like the graphic with the fakemon too, if you would be so kind to send that to me. Even though I am only at the beginning, I would like to know what I can await in the future to help with motivation, as I want to use most likely quite a few of those =D

Keep up the good work =)
                                          Greetings, Fantasylord
                                          Old February 14th, 2018 (10:53 AM).
                                          AngelsAdvent77 AngelsAdvent77 is offline

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Fantasylord View Post
                                            Keep up the good work =)
                                            Greetings, Fantasylord
                                            Thanks for the detailed comments ! I look forward to more of these from various players :laugh-squinted:

I believe I will address 2 things that most people seem to want to know about:

Fakemon: Fakemon were added in order to fill the gap of the 25 missing combinations of elements the official Pokémon games lack (ex: DARK/FAIRY etc. etc). I believe I was able to add all but one unique type combination. They may not all be strong but any such Fakemon can be added to a team to be an interesting member !

I also made the encounter rate of Fakemon to be only 1%. The reason for that is that Fakemon should be unique and thus rare. The other reason (that may not be so popular) is that their rarity is to replace Shininess. When creating Digimon and Fakemon, I opted not to make a duplicate set of graphics for Shiny Pokémon. To maintain consistency in the game, I had to set Shiny encounters to 0 ! However, I believe the 1% encounter rate is still better than the Shiny encounter rate, lol !

Digimon: Digimon Partner selection is supposed to be like a Starter selection in the sense that the ones you don’t pick won’t be available in the wild. For ex. way back in Gen I, picking Charmander meant you couldn’t get Bulbasaur or Squirtle anywhere in the game. This has continued for Starter Pokemon even into Gen VII (although you get a Starter gift post-Game).

I’ll probably make ALL Digimon Partners available post-Game. However, for the main game you get 1 in KANTO, 1 in JOHTO, and 1 in HOENN.

Small note on level caps: I’m still monitoring difficulty level and believe being ‘too hard’ is at least better than ‘too easy’. However, I’m open to making adjustments in the future if needed.
                                            Old February 14th, 2018 (11:04 AM).

I whole-heartedly agree with you on the difficulty part. If I had to choose between too hard and too easy, I would always go for too hard. Typical main pokemon games are simply too easy, so team building and strategy play no part and that makes it rather boring.

But I feel other level cap options could be better. Pokemon Reborn for example has a similar level cap scheme, starting at one point and raising the cap after every one or two gyms by 5 levels with the pokemon over the cap sometimes doing nothing, sometimes doing a different attack or sometimes following your order, so it is still being useable and doesnt have to be benched immediately until the next gym is over. And they had cheap items called "Common Candy" which reduces your pokemon level by 1 to work around overleveling. Pokemon Rejuvenation I think it was, had hard caps, so after reaching the level cap, the pokemon only gained 1 Exp from each pokemon so it was almost impossible to overlevel.

Something like this could make teambuilding a little more enjoyable in my opinion at least.
                                              Old February 14th, 2018 (11:37 AM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Fantasylord View Post
                                                Something like this could make teambuilding a little more enjoyable in my opinion at least.
                                                Yes, I’m familiar with the level caps of the game you mentioned. However, I’ll take a look at them again sometime to see what changes I can make for my own game. I’ll probably avoid the candy thing since I don’t like the idea of lowering Pokémon levels, lol.

The main reason I had to impose level caps was b/c a lot of players had sent me their save files during early testing. Pretty much all those players had Pokémon on average 10-15 levels higher than the current Gym Leader they had to face ! That’s why I set the level caps to be a maximum of 5 levels above each Gym Leader.

Now, the part about over-leveled Pokémon going to sleep immediately was kinda hastily added at the last moment ,lol. During play-testing, I found over-leveled Pokemon to still obey your commands most of the time. Instead of adjusting the math, I was lazy and imposed the 100% sleep rule, lol ! I’ll probably look into this in later releases.

Essentially, I don’t want to create a game where every player can “1-shot” any opponent.
                                                At the same time, I don’t want to create a game that’s so frustrating, players feel like quitting. I’m sure all fan game creators want this. So, right now I guess I’m just trying to find a good middle-ground for my own game :laugh-squinted:

Having said all of this . . . . I DID put in a “Contingency Plan” in the event that someone really really didn’t want level caps. You can PM me your save file about this if you want.
                                                However, I recommend you try to continue to around the 4th or 5th Gym Badges before you make a decision XD

Again, thanks A LOT for your input ! I got some interesting ideas now :laugh-squinted:
                                                Old February 14th, 2018 (7:32 PM).

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by kikuhonda2611 View Post
                                                  Still cannot
                                                  Can you send me the map so I can figure it myself, pls
                                                  You should keep searching. If not, you can send me your Save file and I can transfer you out of the forest.
                                                  Old February 14th, 2018 (8:59 PM).
                                                  TheNegroShoddy TheNegroShoddy is offline

Haven't played a traditional Pokemon extensively since DP, are all of those forms of Eevee official? If so, GameFreak really went overboard.
                                                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply