• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Alright, I've just visited Johto. There are two problems I noticed, one being that I found Rattata and Drowzee whilst Surfing in the Slowpoke well. The other is probably more pivotal and I think it's actually been mentioned. I picked Sneasel before I even faced Bugsy and now I am unable to battle him.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Um, I caught a Larvitar in the cave in Botan City, and umm... It's moveset... Sorta creeped me out. D:

Years
Okay, a bug to list, if you go south of the ladder in Merson cave, you walk into the rock. Minor but something to report.

Love the effort put into this hack, a nice breakaway from Platinum, I plan to play it more. A minor issue to report, probably the fault of Lameboy DS, but the colour palettes don't really work properly in it, it also affects the border pretty badly. Anyway, like the effort put into the hack, Lameboy does not like it, but I like it. ^.^

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Okay, a bug to list, if you go south of the ladder in Merson cave, you walk into the rock. Minor but something to report.

Love the effort put into this hack, a nice breakaway from Platinum, I plan to play it more. A minor issue to report, probably the fault of Lameboy DS, but the colour palettes don't really work properly in it, it also affects the border pretty badly. Anyway, like the effort put into the hack, Lameboy does not like it, but I like it. ^.^

This was a fault in red too. You can walk on the rocks around the ladders in Red.

~Undefined~

Years
How much base power does Noise Pulse have? I'm guessing 60, the same as Water Pulse?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I'm working on a fix for various glitches right now. And I'm gonna keep on releasing updates until all the glitches are gone.

Is there any other glitches any of you would like to mention so I can fix them before the re-release tonight?

Years
Phanpy has a red backsprite and I think there might have been one or two typos with a couple people (Not sure though). I don't know if any other sprites are messed up (probably GSC Pokemon) but be sure to check. Check their Pokemon cries too if you can to see if they match the ones in the GSC games.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
I really love those new backpics. I already beat Karpman so far.

Anyway, why is Metal Claw getting critical hits every time.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
Found a wierd bug...
Does anyone else get a glitched screen when someone uses crabhammer? The screen is messed up, but still playable...

Maybe it's because I patched a Rom that already had Brown...

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Found a wierd bug...
Does anyone else get a glitched screen when someone uses crabhammer? The screen is messed up, but still playable...

Maybe it's because I patched a Rom that already had Brown...

The notes section is there for a reason. For reading.

I already fixed that glitch anyway so when I release the bug fix tonight you won't have to worry about that again.

pkemaniac999

in need of help for a hack, pm
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Umm

My poliwhirl evolved into a ?????? when i used kings rock, which then evolved into a kanghaskan when i trained it.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
If you play it on a vbagx on the wii through the homebrew channel, the in battle sprites are messed up, similar to what missingno did in the original red/blue except it happens when tim introduces himself before you pick your name. The player's front sprite is ok though (not the backsprite) [and this only happens on vbagx, the hack works fine on my pc though]

Also, this is a little off the topic of glitches, but I asked this a few times before, and was never answered. This is the last time I'll ask:
Are you going to release patches for red blue and yellow that make them linkable with brown? I heard you were before, but they aren't out yet. I always thought it would be cool to play yellow with new pokemon (or for that matter, the original red and blue also).

edit: another glitch: You can get past the guard that blocks cycling road the same way you can in red. If you need more details, like how to "encounter" this glitch, pm me or google it. You might want to search pokemon red and blue glitches. When you get on cycling road, you're on a "rented" (or stolen, which ever you feel like calling it at that time) and can continue up cycling road, which wouldn't mean much if you couldn't get into the gate house at all until you get a bike.

edit 2:if you go to the pokemon stats screen while fighting the ice type gym leader is using jynx, it's sprite will change to charizard's
I'm using the 1st brown 2.0 patch and am not sure what you ment by the sprite glitch, so this may have been what you were talking about, and/or fixed
Also when I deposit ITEMS into the pc, it just says " was stored via pc" It never said the name of the item.

edit 3:sorry I just saw in your 1st post that it said to pm you glitches, so I'm going to pm you this entire post. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Please help, I cant find the surf HM. Awsome hack. I missed it when hackers could change the battle graphics. How is it done?

~Undefined~

Years
Please help, I cant find the surf HM. Awsome hack. I missed it when hackers could change the battle graphics. How is it done?
When you get past the Snorlax near Castro Forest, there is a house on the route with a guy giving away HM03s.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Update 2:
- Pallettes of Back pictures are fixed
- I redesigned a few parts of the caves so you can't walk onto the top of the wall when exiting a ladder.
- Meganium's cry is fixed
- Larvitar and Pupitar now learn the correct moves
- You can't walk over the ledge in Ilex Forest anymore
- Those complaining about a magical fence near Jaeru won't have to worry about that anymore.
- Crabhammer's animation is fixed
- Metal Claw doesn't crit everytime anymore.
- Wing Attack's base damaged has been increased to 60
- Charziard can now learn fly via HM, while the Totodile family can't anymore.
- Poliwhirl doesn't evolve into ????? when given a King's Rock. It now evolves in to Politoed
- Espeon's Pokedex fixed.
- Bulbasaur is green once again, and squirtle's palette isn't as messed up.
- Fainting in Safari Zone glitch fixed
- You must now fight Bugsy before getting one of his gifts.

Issues I know about:
- Some emulators have weird lines through the Pokemon pics.
- TGB-Link isn't loading Brown for some reason.
- You can't hop over the ledges in Johto
- You can go through cycling road's check line like in Red. I don't think I can fix this

Last edited:

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2009
Thanks CBM.
You are putting lots of work into this, it is very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back