Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #426    
Old December 17th, 2012 (6:10 AM).
lizzzz's Avatar
lizzzz lizzzz is offline
I want to be the very best!
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Illinois
    Age: 27
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 36
    ahhh!! yay!! I'm so happy for a new version to play!! I love all the creativity and thoughtfulness that you've put into this game. I just want to say that it is a real treasure. Good luck on everything, and I will be sure to sing you more praises after I finish the new alpha!

    Relevant Advertising!

      #427    
    Old December 17th, 2012 (10:05 AM).
    MoonsAreBlue MoonsAreBlue is offline
       
      Join Date: Dec 2012
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 4
      Thanks for the video on the puzzle. I'm still having a problem though. When I move the second stone into place (the middle one), I press A on it, and I don't get a message saying it's in the right place. When I complete the puzzle, both of the outside stones say they are in the right place, nothing on the middle stone, and the game doesn't send me to the next area. Can you help me out? I followed the video exactly as you posted twice and got the same results both times.
        #428    
      Old December 17th, 2012 (3:47 PM).
      U.Flame's Avatar
      U.Flame U.Flame is offline
      Suuuper Busy
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jun 2008
      Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
      Age: 22
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 1,258
      I was wondering, what effect does/will the info you choose at the beginning have?(Speaking of, the catchphrase that was supposed to be random at the start said "unavoidable train". Lol, I'm keeping that.)

      The choice of virtue, catchphrase, and even the possibility to steal berries from the sleeping Pokemon, are there effects to these later?
      __________________
      Hacks I'm working on:
      Pokemon Sapphire Hoenn's Rebirth - My own hack, making progress whenever possible.
      3rd Gen Multiplayer Project - Research and development, occasionally testing, sometimes with support.
      Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
      Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

      Hacks I've worked on in the past:
      Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
      Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

      Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

      Times I've been ninja'd: 18
      Times I've ninja'd people: 3
        #429    
      Old December 17th, 2012 (4:23 PM).
      Knitewulf Knitewulf is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2010
        Posts: 8
        I cannot wait for the Alpha version this sounds like an amazing game
        __________________
          #430    
        Old December 17th, 2012 (11:32 PM).
        XeroNos's Avatar
        XeroNos XeroNos is offline
           
          Join Date: Jan 2011
          Location: Finding new Challenges !!
          Age: 28
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 3,015
          Have not you checked previous page. PPG ha finally released it. Where are you living???
            #431    
          Old December 18th, 2012 (12:19 AM).
          GXS's Avatar
          GXS GXS is offline
          <---Following Red ;P
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2011
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 44
          Quote:
          @GXS: THANK YOU for bringing that bug to my attention! That is one I did not know about (Dying to the Vulpix is supposed to return you to the start of Blackriver - I know just what the problem is. I forgot to fix the flight position when I had to script and map this dungeon over again due to the ROM breaking; and when work gives me a break I'll release a patch with this bug repaired as soon as I can Until then, I recommend everyone save before challenging Argo the Vulpix, and to simply reload if they die.
          No problem, like I said I really wanna see this rom do well because it has so much potential :D
          __________________



          ~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
            #432    
          Old December 18th, 2012 (7:50 AM).
          MoosePlus's Avatar
          MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2012
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 9
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MoonsAreBlue View Post
            Thanks for the video on the puzzle. I'm still having a problem though. When I move the second stone into place (the middle one), I press A on it, and I don't get a message saying it's in the right place. When I complete the puzzle, both of the outside stones say they are in the right place, nothing on the middle stone, and the game doesn't send me to the next area. Can you help me out? I followed the video exactly as you posted twice and got the same results both times.
            ahh shucks sadly i've the same problem! =( (except the stone on the right gives the "come back later" message)
            btw PPG i think it'll be a good idea to edit the start of your thread to include the release of the alpha so that more people would know about it =)
              #433    
            Old December 18th, 2012 (1:04 PM).
            GXS's Avatar
            GXS GXS is offline
            <---Following Red ;P
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jun 2011
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 44
            I agree about updating the title page :D
            __________________



            ~Credit To Impo For The Beautiful Trainer Card~
              #434    
            Old December 18th, 2012 (1:07 PM).
            Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
            Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
            Proud to hack Ruby Version!
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Mar 2008
            Location: Nevada
            Age: 31
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 176
            @Those having problems with the puzzle: I did playtest this (of course XD ) and didn't have any problems then - but obviously something's gone wrong in between making the video and making the patch. I can't look into this until I get home from work but I just wanted to post and say thanks for reporting it, all of you; and that I haven't been ignoring you guys I'll also try and get a bugfix patch out ASAP to deal with this and the Vulpix-death glitch.
            __________________
            Signature under construction. Watch this space~
              #435    
            Old December 18th, 2012 (3:20 PM).
            MoonsAreBlue MoonsAreBlue is offline
               
              Join Date: Dec 2012
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 4
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
              @Those having problems with the puzzle: I did playtest this (of course XD ) and didn't have any problems then - but obviously something's gone wrong in between making the video and making the patch. I can't look into this until I get home from work but I just wanted to post and say thanks for reporting it, all of you; and that I haven't been ignoring you guys I'll also try and get a bugfix patch out ASAP to deal with this and the Vulpix-death glitch.
              Thank you for looking into it! It seems MoosePlus and I have the exact same problem. I forgot to mention that the stone on the right says to come back to it later.
                #436    
              Old December 18th, 2012 (10:49 PM).
              MoosePlus's Avatar
              MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2012
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 9
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MoonsAreBlue View Post
                Thank you for looking into it! It seems MoosePlus and I have the exact same problem. I forgot to mention that the stone on the right says to come back to it later.
                haha at least we now know that the problem is the same! so there'd be less problems to look into i hope!
                oh and thanks very much PPG for looking into the bug =)
                  #437    
                Old December 18th, 2012 (11:17 PM).
                XeroNos's Avatar
                XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2011
                  Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                  Age: 28
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 3,015
                  At least put the alpha release on the first page PPG. Most people I heard leave this thread without downloading the alpha as they don't know about it's release yet.
                    #438    
                  Old December 21st, 2012 (9:21 PM). Edited December 21st, 2012 by mew_nani.
                  mew_nani's Avatar
                  mew_nani mew_nani is offline
                  Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2010
                    Location: Far Lands
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 1,836
                    Slight problem.

                    I tried downloading and applying the alpha patch but I kept getting a "Invalid checksum!" error. I tried applying it and ignoring the error and tried the ROM but it spazzed out. Can you reupload the patch please? T^T

                    EDIT: Nevermind, it works now. Must have been a bad ROM.

                    DX

                    Well I found a rather hazardous bug: if you defeat Freya while poisoned and die of poison in PikPik Grove you'll be teleported back to the dungeon. If you solve the puzzle and exit the dungeon neither Freya nor the exit portal will be there and you will be stuck, unable to continue.
                    __________________

                    I support:

                    R.I.P Isaac J. Southerland Jr.
                    1946 - 2017
                      #439    
                    Old December 23rd, 2012 (11:59 PM).
                    Dylanrockin's Avatar
                    Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                    That guy
                       
                      Join Date: May 2011
                      Age: 22
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 277
                      So... I whited out at the start of the first main dungeon, because I couldn't find anywhere to heal. And I was sent to this glitchy area where I couldnt leave, it was the first mini-dungeon and I couldn't do anything but run around a glitchy mess of tiles.
                        #440    
                      Old December 24th, 2012 (12:19 AM).
                      XeroNos's Avatar
                      XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jan 2011
                        Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                        Age: 28
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Brave
                        Posts: 3,015
                        Yeah probably she will be back after a day or two. You know she might have known this bug
                          #441    
                        Old December 25th, 2012 (9:54 PM).
                        Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                        Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                        Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2008
                        Location: Nevada
                        Age: 31
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 176
                        Bugfix patch!

                        In response to continued death glitch bugs, I played through this entirely once more, allowing myself to die on as many maps as possible, and the only place I had any issues at all was death to Argo the Vulpix (which has now been fixed). Dying in a Mini-Dungeon spawned me back in a mini-dungeon, dying in Pikpik Grove took me back to the entrance of Pikpik Grove, and so on. Death due to poisoning in unusual areas such as on the World Map or after an important flag is set but before moving to a different map that would reset the spawn point (such as in the Freya example above) could admittedly lead to issues though, and it's honesty something I'd never thought of ' If you're poisoned and have zero way to heal, it's better to let yourself die before triggering important scripts or battles if at all possible, and I''ll see if scripting differently can lead to a fix.
                        __________________
                        Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                          #442    
                        Old December 26th, 2012 (6:35 AM).
                        MoosePlus's Avatar
                        MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 9
                          the patch does work...thanks a million! =)
                            #443    
                          Old December 26th, 2012 (7:45 AM).
                          Dylanrockin's Avatar
                          Dylanrockin Dylanrockin is offline
                          That guy
                             
                            Join Date: May 2011
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Timid
                            Posts: 277
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Pink Parka Girl View Post
                            Bugfix patch!

                            In response to continued death glitch bugs, I played through this entirely once more, allowing myself to die on as many maps as possible, and the only place I had any issues at all was death to Argo the Vulpix (which has now been fixed). Dying in a Mini-Dungeon spawned me back in a mini-dungeon, dying in Pikpik Grove took me back to the entrance of Pikpik Grove, and so on. Death due to poisoning in unusual areas such as on the World Map or after an important flag is set but before moving to a different map that would reset the spawn point (such as in the Freya example above) could admittedly lead to issues though, and it's honesty something I'd never thought of ' If you're poisoned and have zero way to heal, it's better to let yourself die before triggering important scripts or battles if at all possible, and I''ll see if scripting differently can lead to a fix.
                            Problem with the bugfix, I can't apply since it is just a "file" not an IPS or UPS file patch, unless there is something that I am not seeing.
                              #444    
                            Old December 26th, 2012 (2:03 PM).
                            naruto4000's Avatar
                            naruto4000 naruto4000 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2011
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 6
                              having same problem as dylanrockin
                                #445    
                              Old December 26th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
                              XeroNos's Avatar
                              XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2011
                                Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                                Age: 28
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 3,015
                                Hey PPG what sort of file you putted in the rar file. There is nothing which could run it.. Fix it please
                                  #446    
                                Old December 26th, 2012 (11:57 PM).
                                Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                Memento Mori
                                • Gold Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Calm
                                Posts: 14,508
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
                                Hey PPG what sort of file you putted in the rar file. There is nothing which could run it.. Fix it please
                                zip file is not rar but can be extracted by using rar extracting programs as well.
                                __________________
                                ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                  #447    
                                Old December 27th, 2012 (12:18 AM).
                                MoosePlus's Avatar
                                MoosePlus MoosePlus is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2012
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 9
                                  guys just extract the file, add the extension .ups to it, then use it as a normal patch, patch it as you would (i used a clean ruby axve rom as usual), then rename your save file to the same name as the newest rom (the one that just got patched), and then you're ready to play =)
                                  or maybe there's a quicker method? at least this one worked for me
                                    #448    
                                  Old December 27th, 2012 (1:49 AM).
                                  Perri Lightfoot's Avatar
                                  Perri Lightfoot Perri Lightfoot is offline
                                  Proud to hack Ruby Version!
                                  • Crystal Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                                  Location: Nevada
                                  Age: 31
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 176
                                  Obviously, something went wrong with the patch I've had no Internet access from my computer for days now (other than a brief trip to Starbucks to post the patch) and am writing this from an iPhone. Needless to say, I can't reupload immediately. In the meantime, extract the file from the .zip and manually add the .ups extension (Google can point you to sites with tutorials on how to edit a file's extension if you don't know how) and patch to a clean Ruby (AXVE) ROM as usual. I'll post a bugfix for the .zip (ironic, I know!) as soon as I can!
                                  __________________
                                  Signature under construction. Watch this space~
                                    #449    
                                  Old December 27th, 2012 (5:18 PM).
                                  Binoachinx Binoachinx is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 3
                                    Hey, I have some questions regarding this ROM.

                                    When I download it through the link provided in the original post, it gives me a .zip file which, when unzipped, results in a 1.5 mB file named after the hack, without any .gba extension. Is this normal? I thought ROMs were bigger than that.

                                    Other than that, the ROM seems really cool, keep up the good work!
                                      #450    
                                    Old December 27th, 2012 (11:49 PM).
                                    Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
                                    Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
                                    Memento Mori
                                    • Gold Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                                    Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
                                    Age: 25
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 14,508
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Binoachinx View Post
                                    Hey, I have some questions regarding this ROM.

                                    When I download it through the link provided in the original post, it gives me a .zip file which, when unzipped, results in a 1.5 mB file named after the hack, without any .gba extension. Is this normal? I thought ROMs were bigger than that.

                                    Other than that, the ROM seems really cool, keep up the good work!
                                    Because it's not a ROM for god's sake...
                                    Distributing ROMs is against the rules.
                                    The file you get is a patch, UPS one, it seems, you need to use patching program and patch a ROM.
                                    __________________
                                    ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

                                    Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                                    Closed Thread

                                    Quick Reply

                                    Join the conversation!

                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                    Sponsored Links
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:13 AM.