• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Also, I found this image on pokemoner:

SrVhjgT.jpg

[link redacted for linking to a ROM sharing website]

May you use this as the title screen? Please please please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 27, 2023
This may be against what many people want but I'd love this hack to be purely Emerald only with upgraded mechanics. There are already so many hacks that try to squeeze in as many Pokemon as possible, not saying that's a bad thing. I mean, you can't have it all. It's either you focus on quality or quantity.

But an Emerald hack with new moves, new abilities, upgraded battle/breeding mechanics, and quality of life updates all around; AND an upgraded Battle Frontier to top it all off? I'm smiling just thinking about it...

Edit: After playing through the game, I've noticed Pokemon from other region. I think that's good as long as adding more Pokemon is not the top priority.
I also like how the TM givers tell you straight that TMs are reusable now.

However, non-deletable HMs are still a thing. Could this be changed in the future?

Edit: Don't know if I should double-post or just keep editing this but could buying Lava Cookies be made easier in the next update? Right now, you have to buy them one at a time from Mt. Chimney.

And maybe you could also add more spaces to the bag. I've seen other hacks do that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Loved your hack! I only have one question: Once Flare Blitz isn't avaliable in the game, I've tried to change the base power from flame wheel from 60 to 90, using PGE's Attack Editor. In the program, it looks right after I changed and saved, but in the game, it still shows 60 BP... How can I properly change Flame Wheel Base Power? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Loved the hack. I've tried to change "Flame Wheel" base power to 90, since there's no Flare Blitz yet, but I have no sucess in this. I used PGE's Attack Editor to change the BP to 90 and the PP to 15 and it suposely worked but in the game it still has 60 BP and 25 PP. What can I do to solve this? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2017
This may be against what many people want but I'd love this hack to be purely Emerald only with upgraded mechanics. There are already so many hacks that try to squeeze in as many Pokemon as possible, not saying that's a bad thing. I mean, you can't have it all. It's either you focus on quality or quantity.

But an Emerald hack with new moves, new abilities, upgraded battle/breeding mechanics, and quality of life updates all around; AND an upgraded Battle Frontier to top it all off? I'm smiling just thinking about it...

Edit: After playing through the game, I've noticed Pokemon from other region. I think that's good as long as adding more Pokemon is not the top priority.

However, non-deletable HMs are still a thing. Could this be changed in the future?

Edit: Don't know if I should double-post or just keep editing this but could buying Lava Cookies be made easier in the next update? Right now, you have to buy them one at a time from Mt. Chimney.

And maybe you could also add more spaces to the bag. I've seen other hacks do that.

Mega evolutions for the 386 pokemon should happen though, they are a new mechanic and many of them are great designs (Banette, Altaria, Mawile, Sableye)

Years
UPDATE:

With the updated Emerald engine undergoing a reboot, I believe that it would be optimal to put the Sigma Emerald project on hold for now. Updates will continue to be released regarding minor bugs whenever I have free time, however the extension of the TM roster, cross-gen evo 'mons and the overhaul of the Battle Frontier will not come until the completion of the new engine. I deeply apologize for doing this, but with so little time to work on the hack, I believe that it is for the best. I owe my gratitude to those who have supported and helped with the project during the past few years.

Thanks for the feedback. Just a few more things.

What about Egg Moves? Will it be any updates towards that. I wanted to breed a Dragon Rush Charizard, but it didn't work. Will the expanded TM roster have Dragon Rush in it?
Egg moves will not be touched until the new moves are introduced with the new battle engine. Currently, post-Gen 3 moves cannot be bred onto eggs.

Also, I found this image on pokemoner:

SrVhjgT.jpg

[link redacted for linking to a ROM sharing website]

May you use this as the title screen? Please please please?
Well, not as the title screen for the actual game :P But it's a nice banner, I'm going to try to get ahold of whoever made it so that it can be used as the cover image on the OP.

I plan to introduce extended bag space alongside the TM expansion.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 10, 2018
Hey! I just wanted say that I had bug against an Voltorb with the the Ability Soundproof, where it was immune to all moves. I was able to win because I had a Kirlia in my team with ability trace so I could win with struggle (which worked surprisingly).
I didnt see anyone else who had this problem so I thought should post about it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2017
UPDATE:

With the updated Emerald engine undergoing a reboot, I believe that it would be optimal to put the Sigma Emerald project on hold for now. Updates will continue to be released regarding minor bugs whenever I have free time, however the extension of the TM roster, cross-gen evo 'mons and the overhaul of the Battle Frontier will not come until the completion of the new engine. I deeply apologize for doing this, but with so little time to work on the hack, I believe that it is for the best. I owe my gratitude to those who have supported and helped with the project during the past few years.

Egg moves will not be touched until the new moves are introduced with the new battle engine. Currently, post-Gen 3 moves cannot be bred onto eggs.

Well, not as the title screen for the actual game :P But it's a nice banner, I'm going to try to get ahold of whoever made it so that it can be used as the cover image on the OP.

I plan to introduce extended bag space alongside the TM expansion.

What about mega evolutions?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 15, 2020
I can't seem to soft reset?? A, B, select, and start all work in game. Anybody have an idea as to what's going on. I'm using gpsp on my 3ds.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 27, 2023
Is it going to be difficult to add names beside TM numbers on shops? Because TM numbers change between generations and saying "TM75 Swords Dance" instead of "TM75" removes the confusion.

QUICK EDIT: Also, is there a TM/Move tutor location list somewhere? And if the stats judge at the Battle Frontier could be changed to say all the highest individual IVs instead of picking one at random, that would be awesome.

Heck, how about updating breeding mechanics to the latest gen?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 27, 2017
Loving this hack so far. Thing that's bothering me a bit is, will my save games (regular and save states) be compatible with future updates?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
Can't wait until the next update for this hack drops. Can hardly wait not knowing what awesome features will get added.

EDIT: There is an annoying bug with my Kirlia's Draining Kiss that I'd like to see fixed though; the game freezes (music still plays) for around a good minute after the angel descends in the move's animation, until the animation is finally finished. Makes the move pretty much unusable which sucks since it's in Kirlia's learnset and it'd be a useful move to have early game.

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
Years
I just want to say that this hack is awesome, it shows the best of original Emerald, but with all those new mechanics and details that we love of the recent pkm games, I already love the fact of the 386 original pokedex, but you should add only all the pending evolutions that were shown until the 4th generation:
- Mismagius
- Honchkrow
- Weavile
- Gliscor
- Marmortar
- Electivire
- Magnezone
- Tangrowth
- Lickylicky
- Ambipom
- Probopass
- Togekiss
- Rhyperior
- Yanmega
- Dusknoir
- Gallade
- Mamoswine
- Froslass
- Porigon-Z
- Leafeon
- Glaceon
- Silveon

And maybe all pre-evos added:
- Munchlax
- Bonsly
- Mime Jr.
- Happiny
- Mantyke

all this in order to have really complete all possible species if all the possible evolutions and alternate forms of the pkms available in the first 3 generations are contemplated. Maybe you can do a survey about it to see what the community thinks :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
I understand that this project is on hold for now, but there was one thing that really stuck out to me as being improvable. By the looks of your encounter document, you can only obtain one Unown in this game. For people who might want different kinds, I think it would be better to put Unown in the Regi chambers with the braille. This is thematically quite appropriate and gives people the chance to hunt for all of them. No doubt there is something else that would work better for Unown's current location in the game?

EDIT: Just found a shiny on my second encounter of the game... I don't have Poke Balls yet. Is there a Gameshark or Action Replay code to put Poke Balls in my bag for this hack? I tried several vanilla Emerald codes and nothing worked. If there was a way for me to actually catch this thing then I'd be very appreciative!

EDIT2: I caught another Sentret and made it shiny with a save editor. Still kinda counts, right?

Attachments

• Shiny Sentret.png
    Shiny Sentret.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
Years
A few suggestions, change types of next pkms:
- Butterfree: Bug/Psychic
- Ninetales: Fire/Psychic (Pokedex entries says that he gain paranormal powers at certain age)
- Parasect: Bug/Ghost (cuz he's actually dead, just check the pokedex entries, the parasite mushroom on his bag alredy kill his host, and simply uses the remaining corpse to carry and scatter their spores, and infect some other paras to establish a new and zombie symbiotic relationship)
- Meowth/Persian: Normal/Dark (like alolan forms, just to add more variety)
- Ponyta/Rapidash: Fire/Normal (like Litleo and Pyroar) or Fire/Fairy (cuz Rapidash is literally a "unicorn")
- Farfetch'd: Flying/Fighting (like Hawlucha)
- Noctowl: Ghost/Flying
- Ariados: Bug/Dark
- Ampharos: Electric/Dragon (likes his mega)
- Sunflora: Grass/Fire (awesome combo type for a pkm that really needs a buff)
- Bellossom: Grass/Fairy
- Aipom/Ambipom: Normal/Fighting
- Misdreavus/Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
- Dunsparce: Normal/Ground
- Sceptile: Grass/Dragon (like his mega)

And that's all for now I think...Also, I just want to say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!" for this awesome hack, a Marvelous work :D

Last edited:

Trainer 766

A few suggestions, change types of next pkms:
- Butterfree: Bug/Psychic
- Ninetales: Fire/Psychic (Pokedex entries says that he gain paranormal powers at certain age)
- Parasect: Bug/Ghost (cuz he's actually dead, just check the pokedex entries, the parasite mushroom on his bag alredy kill his host, and simply uses the remaining corpse to carry and scatter their spores, and infect some other paras to establish a new and zombie symbiotic relationship)
- Meowth/Persian: Normal/Dark (like alolan forms, just to add more variety)
- Ponyta/Rapidash: Fire/Normal (like Litleo and Pyroar) or Fire/Fairy (cuz Rapidash is literally a "unicorn")
- Farfetch'd: Flying/Fighting (like Hawlucha)
- Noctowl: Ghost/Flying
- Ariados: Bug/Dark
- Ampharos: Electric/Dragon (likes his mega)
- Sunflora: Grass/Fire (awesome combo type for a pkm that really needs a buff)
- Bellossom: Grass/Fairy
- Aipom/Ambipom: Normal/Fighting
- Misdreavus/Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
- Dunsparce: Normal/Ground
- Sceptile: Grass/Dragon (like his mega)

And that's all for now I think...Also, I just want to say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!" for this awesome hack, a Marvelous work :D
........ just........... why?

Back