• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

Years
I agree with that sentiment, thanks for you input everyone!

This also, in the unlikely case I disappear or quit, gives people the most content possible to reference from for their own hacks.

I spent the last couple of days binging dragon ball super but now that I'm caught up I can do some more work on this xD

Same! How'd you like the end of the last season of Super?! (VM me if you'd like :p)

And yeah, not going to say much, but Prism was able to be picked up and continued by another team in part due to how the release cycles were done.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
raJcJ9e.png

Now available on your local Route 53, Spinda. Replacing Unown, I'm sure some of you will enjoy having one on your team.

Shiny version looks pretty great, too.
zkzizvM.png

This is the sheet I made that's being used (row 1 #3 and last row #2 omitted)

spinda_gsc_style_by_piacarrot-db0905x.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Yeah, the game now sets all the unown flags at the beginning so they all will appear.

This is really cool! 26 Spinda are less intimidating than 2^32.

(You could get rid of the unown flag code entirely, though. So, no CheckUnownLetter routine in battle/core.asm, and nothing that uses UnlockedUnowns.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I like this idea, although I think I will wait until there are good number of islands to play.
Naranja was far too buggy for my tastes, in a gamebreaker way; I recall once getting completely stuck.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
The new maps are great, nice variety of Pokemon the routes feel organic and the tiles are nice and vibrant.

The new bark town theme plays when you turn the radio in your room off, but other then that no bugs.

Getting lapras early on is kind of cheap, I think a sentret would be better as it can learn surf but doesn't make squirtle redundant.

As for ideas, crystal onix should be water/ice or water/rock as type combos that keep the weak to fire/resists water aspect make no sense as far as I know.

Also crystal steelix if you decide to do it could have a sail/fin where onix's horn was, just to make it more aquatic looking, its spikes could be smaller crystals like with mega steelix, I'm wish I could contribute a sprite but I'm bad at pixel art.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Still working on it, at school on a campus with no wifi though, so my access to PC and other social media is limited to when I can go out on weekends.

HeavyMecha

Weighed Down By Technology
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 21, 2018
Some nice updates to share with you all. I have successfully added a new tier of fishing rod, tentatively called the MASTER ROD, it will fish up level 50 Pokemon from the deepest parts of waters you decide to cast it in.

Thanks to FIQ's code, I also have double speed in the game now! This is pretty much the beginning of the improved framerate code, so expect some faster gameplay. since Running Shoes aren't in this one and the Skateboard isn't obtainable until Mandarin Island North.

I've successfully ported a MIDI of The 6th ED of the Japanese Anime as the title screen music of Orange. It's still a bit rough around the edges in some parts but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Next is WAV cries, so expect Wingull to sound like an actual Wingull next patch! Also, Gen 6/7 Pikachu cry anyone?

Mind if I ask, but where does the latest alpha end?

Like... can the game be beaten?

Mystelex

I've successfully ported a MIDI of The 6th ED of the Japanese Anime as the title screen music of Orange. It's still a bit rough around the edges in some parts but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Next is WAV cries, so expect Wingull to sound like an actual Wingull next patch! Also, Gen 6/7 Pikachu cry anyone?

This sounds so cool! I love custom music!
Say, would you consider replacing the surf theme with this instead? Haha, that would better in my opinion.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Sorry, I hold the gen 2 surf theme far too dear to replace. Right now it's actually used as the title menu theme, where you select options and new game :p

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2021
This hack is really cool. Looking forward to play the complete version. Please don`t give up

Back