• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Making a fan game on android possible?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 24, 2018
I know, Androids aren't made for making games. But I have seen coding on Android, so it is possible. Anyways, I just wanted to know:
If I were to design maps for a whole game using a pixel editor app, would I be able to add grass, wild pokemon, starters, trainers, etc, with some app or something? Thanks for helping me.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
You'd have to do a LOT more work with much worse looking results than if you just used Pokemon Essentials

More work? Yes. Worse looking? Not sure I follow the logic there. A sprite is a sprite. It's not like 3d where the power limitations of a handheld device could come in to play. If you mean worse as in the player is looking at a smaller screen, then you might have a point. Even then, it's a moot one considering Pokémon is a series synomomous with handheld screens.

TheLad

Tim
Years
are there any tools that would even support this since you need specific libraries and are you developing on a phone? since you have many android development tools on pc

remer

The Warrior
Years
I have seen this program called Android app studio for PC's.Maybe that's the one you need.Gamemaker studio also has the facility for that but you have to pay a price.Maybe there are others too.Just search on the internet.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2019
Probably would be easiest to simply do ROM hacking and emulate on the phone, no?

As questionable as that can be

JoelMatthews

Trans Dude with a Chill 'Tude
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Probably would be easiest to simply do ROM hacking and emulate on the phone, no?

As questionable as that can be

i was about to suggest the same thing, i play romhacks on my phone's emulator all the time and it works like a charm

Back