Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 13th, 2011 (7:06 AM).
DAT SNARKITUDE

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachy View Post

Well, technically Halloween doesn't count. You could dress in full on drag, and/or crossdress just fine and people wouldn't care. ;)

You may want to skip the first 50 seconds...he starts off with something a bit tangental.

Totally worth watching.
Lol on the first part. There's actually another animal (some sort of sea-dwelling mollusc) who does the same stabbing thing, only they're hermaphroditic so it's double the fun.

@Ty: I like your picture better. Your picture ftw. xD

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
Fire ~ Field eggs
3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
than diamonds. It can trample
anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
de: Ponita
fr: Ponyta
cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old October 13th, 2011 (9:37 AM).

Re: gender roles: I'm okay with things (activities, fashions, etc.) being gendered, but, you know, most aspects of gender are artificial (I say most because I can't be certain there aren't some genetic factors) so I'm not okay with the assumption of a person's biological sex determining their gender. I'd love it if people were truly free to be feminine or masculine or both or whatever. Ain't nothin' wrong with having categories and divisions in our interests and behaviors, but pushing them on people makes me very upset like you have no idea.

Ty, I'm glad you've got your priorities straight. Oh I'm so punny. I really really hope you keep your head up and don't fall into the ex-boyfriend spiral. A friend of mine keeps trying to stop falling for his awful, manipulative ex, but has a lot of trouble.

And I loved that picture from the facebook link so much I have to post it here.

Old October 13th, 2011 (9:51 AM).
Certified Responsible Adult

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
And I loved that picture from the facebook link so much I have to post it here.

I have seen that picture a million times, and I laugh every time I see it. XD

ALSO Pachy, that video was awesome. ^__^
Old October 13th, 2011 (7:58 PM).
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Ha! I've seen that picture gay marriage all over the place all over the place! Here's another cool image that Christians who bash gays have a tendency to forget:

Oh, and here's another Facebook page to report. Don't post in it, though; that supposedly makes it harder to remove. It's the Westboro Baptist Church :\
Old October 13th, 2011 (9:42 PM).
married to the music

Nature: Brave
Hahahaha.. >__> Love that sign and that billboard.

As for those facebook pages, I get wanting to find them to report 'em, though I wouldn't be someone who would willingly look for them. It would just end up pissing me off.

눈부시게 아름다운 건 항상 그래
쓰러질 듯 또 흔들려

previously known as Drew
paired to Palamon
Old October 13th, 2011 (10:31 PM).
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
    Thanks everyone, lol. Since everyone has been so supportive, I have decided to work as a webcam model as well; anyone want a private show? ...Btw, I am totally being sarcastic, haha. I would not be able to live with myself!!!

The "love thy neighbor" passage doesn't get through to some Christians because of their parents, family, and church interpreting the bible for them, and ingraining that interpretation into their sense of morality - basically societal brainwashing!

Btw...the WBC seems to only rally LGBT and heterosexual allies, because the other side does not want to be associated with their defamatory remarks about veterans/soldiers. So they are really just helping gay people garner more support and more of a voice. :p
    I reported the page ;)

Don't be a rotten apple!
    Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
    !

Old October 14th, 2011 (7:49 AM).
    DAT SNARKITUDE

I feel the need to join in all this picture sharing.

:D

Fire ~ Field eggs
    3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old October 14th, 2011 (9:59 AM). Edited October 14th, 2011 by Esper.

That "love thy neighbor" line can easily be gotten around with "love the sinner; hate the sin."

In other news, a challenge in California by haters activists to remove a new law which would require schools include queer people in their teaching of history failed to get enough signatures to even be put up on the ballot. :p

Edit: also thought I'd throw in this little article that debunks some of the myths around gender differences since we were just talking about that in previous pages. Language warning though, so don't click if that's too much for you.
    Old October 14th, 2011 (11:23 AM).
    twitter.com/puccarts

Nature: Serious
      Hey Ty, you're an extremely handsome guy! Though I hope you don't take what I have to say next harshly but just how I (personally) think you could've handled it better for next time. You're free to disagree.
      I know you were just fooling around to one-up your ex and show that he has nothing on you anymore.. but personally I don't think you should've lowered yourself to taking undie-shots and making them public with us. It may not be a big deal to you because you're not actually showing anything and you probably don't feel uncomfortable doing so, but I think it would've been classier if you just skipped it altogether. Personally I think a guy comes off as being more handsome with a nice outfit and a great smile. BUT what's done is done and I think it's good, no AMAZING, that you've moved on to find someone who's more intimate and who is more deserving of your love.
      Don't give up on trying to find the right guy for you, hun :3 *Blows kisses* <3
      Old October 14th, 2011 (11:36 AM).
      Conservative Patriot

Nature: Jolly
      Quote:
      That "love thy neighbor" line can easily be gotten around with "love the sinner; hate the sin."

In other news, a challenge in California by haters activists to remove a new law which would require schools include queer people in their teaching of history failed to get enough signatures to even be put up on the ballot. :p

Edit: also thought I'd throw in this little article that debunks some of the myths around gender differences since we were just talking about that in previous pages. Language warning though, so don't click if that's too much for you.
      There still is an possibility that it will get on the ballot. November 2012 is still open. In fact, Jerry Brown signed legislation that moves all ballot initiatives to November anyway.
      Old October 14th, 2011 (2:59 PM).
      Don't Ask, Just Tell

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kura View Post
        Hey Ty, you're an extremely handsome guy! Though I hope you don't take what I have to say next harshly but just how I (personally) think you could've handled it better for next time. You're free to disagree.
        I know you were just fooling around to one-up your ex and show that he has nothing on you anymore.. but personally I don't think you should've lowered yourself to taking undie-shots and making them public with us. It may not be a big deal to you because you're not actually showing anything and you probably don't feel uncomfortable doing so, but I think it would've been classier if you just skipped it altogether. Personally I think a guy comes off as being more handsome with a nice outfit and a great smile. BUT what's done is done and I think it's good, no AMAZING, that you've moved on to find someone who's more intimate and who is more deserving of your love.
        Don't give up on trying to find the right guy for you, hun :3 *Blows kisses* <3
        Yeah, I know it was a bit too much. Oh, those are basketball shorts by the way; I am comfortable with wear just those since I am so used to scrimmaging shirts v. skins. But yes, I tend to wear sweaters/khakis/button-ups/polos/cardigans among other preppy and "square" clothing most of the time, lmao.

thanks, I hope so as well! I am going to be extremely selective next time. *catches kisses*

Don't be a rotten apple!
        Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
        !

Old October 14th, 2011 (3:06 PM). Edited October 14th, 2011 by Shining Raichu.
        Expect me like you expect Jesus.

Nature: Adamant
        I disagree, I think any excuse for a man to take pictures in his underwear is a good enough one for me! :P

Also, is it wrong that I watched that video and all I could think about was how disappointed I was that that guy wasn't gay?
        Old October 14th, 2011 (3:45 PM).
        White Kyurem Cometh

Hey, guys. Here's a page that dispels just about every stereotype about homosexuals. http://gaylife.about.com/od/amiga1/a/gaymyths.htm
        Old October 14th, 2011 (4:29 PM).
        Expect me like you expect Jesus.

Nature: Adamant
        This is a very good link! Personally my favourite part is this:

Quote:
        Someone Made Him Gay
        Studies have shown that being gay is not directly related to one's environment. For instance, many mothers in retrospect regret being too close to their sons, thinking that is what "made" them gay. However, their relationship with their child had little to do with them being gay. Homosexuals are born, not made. Research continues in an effort to find the source of homosexuality, but blaming oneself or environment is not the answer.
        I've seen so many parents blame themselves for their kids being gay. Not only is this annoying in the sense that it could not possibly be true, but also in the sense that if they blame themselves, they are in essence implying that their child being gay is a situation that requires blame. That has always bothered me.
        Old October 14th, 2011 (4:55 PM).
        White Kyurem Cometh

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
        I've seen so many parents blame themselves for their kids being gay. Not only is this annoying in the sense that it could not possibly be true, but also in the sense that if they blame themselves, they are in essence implying that their child being gay is a situation that requires blame. That has always bothered me.
        Well said! People who don't think gays should adopt often say "The kids will turn gay!" There are two things wrong with that: 1. People are born with their sexual orientation. 2. Even if it did make them gay, what's wrong with that? NOTHING!
        Old October 14th, 2011 (5:48 PM).
        DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
        Also, is it wrong that I watched that video and all I could think about was how disappointed I was that that guy wasn't gay?
        Actually, me too. xD

Quote:
        Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post

Well said! People who don't think gays should adopt often say "The kids will turn gay!" There are two things wrong with that: 1. People are born with their sexual orientation. 2. Even if it did make them gay, what's wrong with that? NOTHING!
        My favourite argument against this is "oh yeah, because straight parents always have straight kids, right?!"

Fire ~ Field eggs
        3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old October 14th, 2011 (8:51 PM).
        (>^.(>0.0)>

Nature: Careful
        Quote:
        My mom said this exact thing to me when I told her, actually. "It's my fault for raising you wrong."

Offtopic:
        Spoiler:
        Off topic, but I actually just made a video game, that is quite "Fruity", so I thought I'd post it here.
        http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/581553
        (Yes that was a horrible joke, someone slap me.)
        Old October 15th, 2011 (2:40 AM). Edited October 15th, 2011 by Melody.
        Banned

Well don't leave the Bis out of the fun...there are myths about us too! x3

http://gaylife.about.com/od/bisexual/a/biman.htm

But yeah...it's totally wrong for blame to be placed when someone comes out. It doesn't matter if they were born that way or not...more often than not, they didn't choose to be that way. I certainly didn't choose to be Bi on a whim. I spent most of my adolescence using sheer force of will to FORCE myself to lean straight. I still catch myself doing it and end up having to slap myself for it...though I don't get angry for stopping myself if I know the person is straight.

I DO understand a phobic person's feelings, to a certain degree, because I spent so much time denying what I was. But phobia has to stop at a certain point, and prejudice begins. I've always reassured people who took me as gay that "No, I'm not gay, I'm bi...and I'm not the kind who hits on straight people." I don't even hit on people I don't know well! I'm far too shy anyway. xD
          I'm not the type who hangs out anywhere social, just to pick up partners. I'd rather that I get to know someone naturally, by legitimately crossing paths with them...not because I camped out in their favorite bar just so I could drum up an excuse to talk to them and waste my cheesy, socially awkward pickup lines on someone who would likely turn out straight anyway. XD

My problem lies in the fact that I live, currently, in a tiny central Texas town where I go to college. Now I know I might have a little less of a tough time in my hometown with it, because it's bigger, but that's not the point. The point, and therefore the real problem is that this is such a small community, is that a small community can be just as overwhelmingly accepting and accepting as they can be hostile. If more swing to hostility, it could become a problem. :<

Of course I've already come out to a few people...but those are folks I can trust not to blab it everywhere. I don't see a need to tell someone I'm bi unless I have a crush on them or begin to see them as more than just a friend.
          Old October 15th, 2011 (4:09 PM).
          DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Pachy View Post
          Well don't leave the Bis out of the fun...there are myths about us too! x3

http://gaylife.about.com/od/bisexual/a/biman.htm
          There are like ten times more about trans people. xD
          http://www.bilerico.com/2011/07/you_are_not_transsexual.php

Fire ~ Field eggs
          3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old October 15th, 2011 (7:31 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post

There are like ten times more about trans people. xD
          http://www.bilerico.com/2011/07/you_are_not_transsexual.php
          Ugh. That list. I hate both that there isn't accurate enough language to explain so many concepts to people simply and make things easy for them to understand what isn't this and what is that, but at the same time I wish it wasn't necessary to explain anything at all.
          Old October 16th, 2011 (7:52 AM).
          DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
          Ugh. That list. I hate both that there isn't accurate enough language to explain so many concepts to people simply and make things easy for them to understand what isn't this and what is that, but at the same time I wish it wasn't necessary to explain anything at all.
          Yeah, I feel exactly the same way since some people are just soooo annoying about it.
          It certainly doesn't help that there's actually disagreement within the community, but I guess you kind of see that in any community. >.>

Fire ~ Field eggs
          3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old October 16th, 2011 (11:51 AM).
          Conservative Patriot

Quote:

Yeah, I feel exactly the same way since some people are just soooo annoying about it.
          It certainly doesn't help that there's actually disagreement within the community, but I guess you kind of see that in any community. >.>
          You'd have to ask yourself if LGBT is actually a cohesive community to begin with, or is the sense of community something people imagine to give themselves a sense of belonging?
          Old October 16th, 2011 (12:13 PM).
          DAT SNARKITUDE

Quote:
          Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
          You'd have to ask yourself if LGBT is actually a cohesive community to begin with, or is the sense of community something people imagine to give themselves a sense of belonging?
          I was really talking about the trans community in particular, but yes I think there is community here, both in T and LGBT in general. We may not all know each other but the reason we're together is because we are many people working as one to further ourselves in the world, i.e. make ourselves accepted by "the common folk".

I mean, do we not all want to have equal rights and for people to regard us and treat us like the human beings we are? That's true whether you're gay, trans, intersex or whatever.

tl;dr: I do think we are a community because most of us work together in some way.

Fire ~ Field eggs
          3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Cry

Other names:

Old October 16th, 2011 (12:23 PM). Edited October 16th, 2011 by -Jared-.
          Certified Responsible Adult

Nature: Gentle
          Quote:

I was really talking about the trans community in particular, but yes I think there is community here, both in T and LGBT in general. We may not all know each other but the reason we're together is because we are many people working as one to further ourselves in the world, i.e. make ourselves accepted by "the common folk".

I mean, do we not all want to have equal rights and for people to regard us and treat us like the human beings we are? That's true whether you're gay, trans, intersex or whatever.

tl;dr: I do think we are a community because most of us work together in some way.
          I agree wholeheartedly with the above, and would like to add that one of the most important parts of a community is that members have that "sense of community." And the fact that people believe there is an LGBT community is proof that the community exists. We want to have people we can talk to and rely on, so we gather, whether online or in real life, and that is what makes the community.
          Old October 16th, 2011 (12:31 PM).
          Conservative Patriot

Quote:

I see some evidence to the contrary regularly. Just one example that you brought up is the nonacceptance of transsexuals by homosexuals and bisexuals. There is also an internal fight between "masculine" and feminine" and whether one side should be looked down upon with disdain for furthering negative stereotypes.

Quick Reply