Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Old June 8th, 2018 (4:29 AM).
Hack Player

Nature: Timid
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DejiDenja View Post
    Before I download this, what is the differences between the three games? Are they similar, but have slight differences like in Gold, Silver, and Crystal?
    Yes, they are very similar. RP and IP have a few version exclusives.

AV (Aster Violet) has a few more differences:
    *Slightly more difficult.
    *Female trainer has a different look.
    *You get Eevee from the professor, in addition to the starter of your choice.
    *The other two starters are available in post game.
    *Route 503 has a house where you can re-battle the Champion in post game.
    *Two additional post game missions. Both start in Smoke City.

It's mostly post game stuff. But there are minor differences here and there.
    Have fun and tell us how it goes. :)
    ~TJ

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MachoPony View Post
    i encountered a problem when trying to download the files, i cant open them. i've opened plenty of RAR files before with 7zip but these refuse to open
    Not sure what the problem is. I can download, open and run the games just fine with WinRar.
    Have you tried re-downloading? It's amazing how many problems that fixes. ^_^

~TJ
    Old June 19th, 2018 (11:45 AM).

Downloading! Will try it out, seems p fun :D.
      Old July 14th, 2018 (11:38 PM). Edited July 15th, 2018 by layrapuna.

Why cant I increase the screen size? There is no screen size option. I have to play in small size.
        I am playing asterviolet v 1.33
        Old July 18th, 2018 (4:16 PM).
        Hack Player

Quote:
          Originally Posted by layrapuna View Post
          Why cant I increase the screen size? There is no screen size option. I have to play in small size.
          I am playing asterviolet v 1.33
          Changing the screen size could result in a corrupted save game. Therefore it was removed.
          Old August 7th, 2018 (1:49 PM).

In order to extract the file I had to use Express Zip to convert it into a .zip and then use 7zip to actually extract it. I'm not sure what you did to the rar file, but I'd suggest looking into fixing it. I've never had any issues unzipping rar files before. This was for Aster Violet.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, as figuring out how to get it to work took up all the time I had for games, but it looks really good (otherwise I wouldn't have put so much effort into getting it to work).
            Old August 8th, 2018 (2:09 AM).

Hmmm Seems Cool
              Old August 8th, 2018 (3:18 PM). Edited August 8th, 2018 by Takako Rune.
              Hack Player

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TheZealot View Post
                In order to extract the file I had to use Express Zip to convert it into a .zip and then use 7zip to actually extract it. I'm not sure what you did to the rar file, but I'd suggest looking into fixing it. I've never had any issues unzipping rar files before. This was for Aster Violet.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, as figuring out how to get it to work took up all the time I had for games, but it looks really good (otherwise I wouldn't have put so much effort into getting it to work).
                Hi, I'm archiving them normally through windows. (Right click, add to archive) Nothing special.

Usually with issues like this the download was interrupted.
                You might have to re-download the file.

I did upload a new version today. Maybe you have more luck with that one. ;)

I hope you enjoy the game. :)
                Old August 8th, 2018 (3:27 PM).

Yeah your files have a problem with 7-zip... for some reason. I had to actually use WinRar Trial :(
                  Old August 8th, 2018 (3:48 PM).
                  Hack Player

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by unavailableartist View Post
                    Yeah your files have a problem with 7-zip... for some reason. I had to actually use WinRar Trial :(
                    Strange. :/ I've never used 7-zip on windows.
                    WinRar is good enough for me.
                    Old August 8th, 2018 (4:59 PM). Edited August 8th, 2018 by unavailableartist.

Well it is non-free product... I'm sure it does the job well would be a shame if it didn't. :)
                      Old August 9th, 2018 (2:19 AM).

Some glitches I've noticed
                        Not major*
                        The water tiles by the man who wishes to surf just outside of snowfall, can be walked on.

Major Exploit*
                        Pricey evolution stones can be farmed from the man standing in front of the door at the professor's lab in sunshine town.
                        Old August 9th, 2018 (12:45 PM).
                        Hack Player

Quote:
                          Some glitches I've noticed
                          Not major*
                          The water tiles by the man who wishes to surf just outside of snowfall, can be walked on.

Major Exploit*
                          Pricey evolution stones can be farmed from the man standing in front of the door at the professor's lab in sunshine town.
                          Thanks. :) Always good to get feedback and glitch reports.

I'll put the tiles glitch on the to do list.

I have seen the exploit in Rose Pink and Iris Purple in a playthrough on youtube.
                          I've decided not to patch it. After all it is the players themselves who decide how they want to play the game. ;) The official games have their fair share of exploits too.
                          Because the event is different in Aster Violet it doesn't exist there though.

Do keep me informed if you find any more glitches or bugs. :)

~TJ
                          Old August 9th, 2018 (2:01 PM). Edited August 9th, 2018 by unavailableartist.

Ok, how about this one.
                            The return stone doesn't seem to deevolve some Eevee evolutions. Looks like it deevolves the official evolutions like Flareon, Glaceon... etc. But I doesn't work on Quakeon, also you can simply use the other stones on those without the return stone... however the name doesn't change back to whatever you evolved Quakeon to. So you would have "Quakeon" Flareon.

It is good work you've done with this one. I'd really like a game like yours with only orginal pokemon. Maybe a future project (might make my own) ;).
                            Old August 9th, 2018 (3:01 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Takako Rune View Post
                              Hi, I'm archiving them normally through windows. (Right click, add to archive) Nothing special.

Usually with issues like this the download was interrupted.
                              You might have to re-download the file.

I did upload a new version today. Maybe you have more luck with that one. ;)

I hope you enjoy the game. :)
                              I did try downloading it several times. I don't know much about winRar, but whatever. I managed to get it working. I've enjoyed it so far. It tends to be kind of laggy, but that's an issue I've seen with almost all the games made using Pokemon Essentials, and yours is much less laggy than most others I've played. The new Eeveelutions are cool, the story is pretty cool, the fact that Torchic is a starter is awesome (Blaziken is my all time favorite Pokemon, so you get extra points for giving me the choice to use him). It's a good game, keep up the great work!
                              Old August 10th, 2018 (2:36 AM).
                              Hack Player

@TheZealot
                                Thank you. ;) Glad you enjoy it.

Quote:
                                Ok, how about this one.
                                The return stone doesn't seem to deevolve some Eevee evolutions. Looks like it deevolves the official evolutions like Flareon, Glaceon... etc. But I doesn't work on Quakeon, also you can simply use the other stones on those without the return stone... however the name doesn't change back to whatever you evolved Quakeon to. So you would have "Quakeon" Flareon.

It is good work you've done with this one. I'd really like a game like yours with only orginal pokemon. Maybe a future project (might make my own) ;).
                                Thank you. :) Do that, there is no copyright on the idea.
                                You can also just copy any line of code you like.
                                If you do, remember to credit the people in the credit list.
                                Not all of it is mine. ;)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by deevolving not working.
                                Every eeveelution and almost all other pokemon deevolve normally.

The problem however is that when they do they retain the name of the evolved form.
                                Right now the only fix for that is to give them nicknames/go to the name rater.

~TJ
                                Old August 22nd, 2018 (3:23 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2018 by hirokimura.
                                Miltank's Fanboy Number One

Nature: Gentle
                                  Hey ! Downloaded the game and I've been playing it for some time, lemme check 4h59, (not 5 hours, 4h59 e_e) and I just beat third badge.
                                  I have few feedback to provide, but please keep in mind that I'm doing that for future advise for your games.
                                  Spoiler:

There are few things that I absolutely dislike in the game, but first I'll point what I like.
                                  I like the synthetic stones idea, that's just amazing. I mean with Eevee you can just evolve into glaceon, learn ice fang, then downgrade to eevee, evolve into flareon to learn fire fang, downgrade and go to champeon to have a good atk stat, this is really good because you can get so creative with the movesets and pokemons with multiple evolutions can learn moves they coudln't before (Looking at Poliwag family) I like it.

I also like how the beginning isn't a full speech thing, you're basically thrown in the wild, that's good. However, lack of anything story wise becomes really displeasant soon because we basically don't know what we're doing there. I mean, every important character (Professor, Gym leaders, Rivals) doesn't speak more than a trainer NPC, giving nothing for helping in the story and the maps for example, and that seems really plain imo. Gym leaders have to be somewhat memorable imo, in your game, they aren't at all. The electric gym leader doesn't even have any change compared to the vanilla essentials except his type. It's basically brock's gym with a pikachu, that's a weak point.

Another weak point is the constitution of maps. I mean, every map is a nightmare, a labyrinth on its own. There are so many directions that it's not intuitive at all, like that cave between second and third gym. It took literally a whole hour to get out of this...Just to return to the entrance because I was lost. When you find a way, it is a NPC blocked path, and you have to look again.
                                  Every map is so confusing, and the town are taking a lot of space while almost all of the houses can't be entered and for the one who can, this is almost always for having a random NPC speech, that's a shame :/
                                  I feel this is kinda bad in the sense that what I'm doing is basically move into a town, beat the gym and move into another, without any quest or event in the middle, that's kinda boring. Well, I didn't complete the game yet, but I expect at least something else.

And please, I didn't mean to be rude, I'm just giving an honest feedback. It's up to you to decide if it's pointless criticism or if this could help you.
                                  Old August 22nd, 2018 (2:09 PM).
                                  Hack Player

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by hirokimura View Post
                                    Hey ! Downloaded the game and I've been playing it for some time, lemme check 4h59, (not 5 hours, 4h59 e_e) and I just beat third badge.
                                    I have few feedback to provide, but please keep in mind that I'm doing that for future advise for your games.

And please, I didn't mean to be rude, I'm just giving an honest feedback. It's up to you to decide if it's pointless criticism or if this could help you.
                                    Thanks for the honest feedback. :)
                                    I can see all of these faults now too. ^^ I had little to no experience when I started development, and that shows.
                                    Now that I have more experience and a whole lot of feedback I'm hoping that the sequels will turn out much better. :)
                                    Don't hesitate to add any more feedback as you play more. ;)
                                    ~TJ
                                    Old August 23rd, 2018 (12:50 AM).
                                    Miltank's Fanboy Number One

Thanks for understanding, most of people can't stand when you give honest feedback even when you're in good intentions you know. I think having people who just say what is bad really benefits the maker or the artist, again, don't see any bad intentions in what I've written.

I can understand the beginner's error. I'm also in the middle of making my first fangame, and I tend to make lot of mistakes to start, and it's kinda good when people are pointing them, I like honest feedback ^^

I'm going to go in the entire game, because regardless of the things I mentioned, it seems interesting, I mean, I didn't even encounter the evil team yet so this is kinda early for a full feedback. I'm going to tell you more as I progress through the game ^^
                                      Old August 25th, 2018 (4:56 AM).
                                      Hack Player

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by hirokimura View Post
                                        Thanks for understanding, most of people can't stand when you give honest feedback even when you're in good intentions you know. I think having people who just say what is bad really benefits the maker or the artist, again, don't see any bad intentions in what I've written.

I can understand the beginner's error. I'm also in the middle of making my first fangame, and I tend to make lot of mistakes to start, and it's kinda good when people are pointing them, I like honest feedback ^^

I'm going to go in the entire game, because regardless of the things I mentioned, it seems interesting, I mean, I didn't even encounter the evil team yet so this is kinda early for a full feedback. I'm going to tell you more as I progress through the game ^^
                                        Thanks. :)

And good luck with your fan game. ;)
                                        Make lots of mistakes so you can learn from them. :laugh-squinted:
                                        Old September 6th, 2018 (3:58 AM).
                                        The Master of Pokemon Breeding

You might want to use a bigger screen size. The screen is so tiny I can't even see to play it. And I can't get it as a bigger screen myself.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
                                        Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
                                        Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
                                        Old September 8th, 2018 (9:46 AM).
                                        Hack Player

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
                                          You might want to use a bigger screen size. The screen is so tiny I can't even see to play it. And I can't get it as a bigger screen myself.
                                          I have pointed out before that changing the screen size corrupts the save files for some unknown reason.
                                          Therefore I have removed the option of changing screen size.
                                          If you want a bigger screen, you'll either have to change your screen's resolution or use some third party program.
                                          ~TJ
                                          Old September 22nd, 2018 (4:33 PM). Edited September 22nd, 2018 by FantasyGamerHina.
                                          FantasyGamerHina FantasyGamerHina is offline

I was wondering if it's possible for the screen/window resolution of this game to be increased because right now it's kinda small (the window I mean) and there's no way to make it full screen. That's the only thing that's keeping me from actually playing this game.

edit: Never mind. I just saw the post above. LOL. I guess I wont' be playing this game because even when I changed the resolution of my computer, it's still small.... that bug you mentioned could have something to do with the game's coding itself because there are other games like yours that can play just fine in full screen mode without corrupting the save file. Maybe ask someone for help on locating the problem?
                                            Old September 25th, 2018 (3:23 AM).
                                            The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Takako Rune View Post
                                            I have pointed out before that changing the screen size corrupts the save files for some unknown reason.
                                            Therefore I have removed the option of changing screen size.
                                            If you want a bigger screen, you'll either have to change your screen's resolution or use some third party program.
                                            ~TJ
                                            Or you tell me the code I use and where to make it bigger. Or I just not play it at all. I'm not giving myself an eye strain headache just to play a game.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
                                            Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
                                            Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
                                            Old September 25th, 2018 (12:22 PM). Edited October 8th, 2018 by Takako Rune.
                                            Hack Player

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
                                              Or you tell me the code I use and where to make it bigger. Or I just not play it at all. I'm not giving myself an eye strain headache just to play a game.
                                              If you have RPG Maker XP you can re-enable the option quite easily.

In the scripts (third icon from the right in the top menu bar), in the PScreen_Options script, there are several lines close to the bottom which are green.

Code:
                                              #       EnumOption.new(_INTL("Screen Size"),[_INTL("S"),_INTL("M"),_INTL("L"),_INTL("XL"),_INTL("Full")],
                                              #          proc { $PokemonSystem.screensize },
                                              #          proc {|value|
                                              #             oldvalue=$PokemonSystem.screensize
                                              #             $PokemonSystem.screensize=value
                                              #             if value!=oldvalue
                                              #               pbSetResizeFactor($PokemonSystem.screensize)
                                              #               ObjectSpace.each_object(TilemapLoader){|o| next if o.disposed?; o.updateClass }
                                              #             end
                                              #          }
                                              #       ),
                                              Remove the # in the beginning of all those lines. Press ok and save the project.

I do not recommend enabling it.
                                              If you do however, you should not close the game, as save file corruption almost always happens.
                                              You can try returning the screen size to normal before saving, perhaps that helps.
                                              Can't make any promises though.

~TJ
                                              Old September 25th, 2018 (5:04 PM).

Is there a button that speeds up the game?

Quick Reply