• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CHESS YALL - The Tabletop Gaming Lounge

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Introduction

Come one and come all. Are you wondering what this club is about? Well look no further, everything non-video gaming related be it tabletop, role-playing, board or card gaming; you name it, this is the club for it!

Additional Info

For the TGL there is a main topic, however you don't necessarily have to stay on topic. This is supposed to be a little more laid back. So if you have something you want to talk about that isn't related to whatever the main topic is, then don't be afraid to post about it! You won't get in trouble unless it's something that doesn't belong in the TGL.

Rules!

Every game and every club has them. These will probably be updated as time goes on, but for now here's ours:

-Follow all PokeCommunity and FC&G Rules
-Respect is a must in this group
-No trolling, flaming, bashing.
-Have fun!
-Don't spam with requests or anything like that
-If someone hasn't gotten back to you about something you've posted within two weeks you may repost it

Current main topic:

Bustin' out a schedule

Signups:

While there is no official club signup sheet, as time goes on we will be hopefully hosting many games here so as those games are created their signups will be here.​

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Please forgive my ignorance Sonata-sensei and Don-sensei but what is CAH?

Cards against humanity! If you're not familiar with it, think of apples to apples but much much dirtier. We'll for sure be playing tomorrow but we might also play on Sunday for those that don't see this until then or can't join us tomorrow.

And I'll probably end up staying up all night and just open a room at the start of the day in case the site decides to get busy. I'll post the link and password to it tomorrow.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Cards against humanity! If you're not familiar with it, think of apples to apples but much much dirtier. We'll for sure be playing tomorrow but we might also play on Sunday for those that don't see this until then or can't join us tomorrow.

And I'll probably end up staying up all night and just open a room at the start of the day in case the site decides to get busy. I'll post the link and password to it tomorrow.

Oooh, interesting :) Never tried it buy I've heard of it quite a bit. I'm probably going to be joining :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm so down for CAH! I'll try to swing by if you guys are playing on Sunday, but I doubt I can make it for tomorrow.

Years
Okay, I'll probably be starting a room myself in an hour or two, depending on whether or not Sonata already has one.

EDIT: Targeting a 6 PM start for my session.

EDIT2: I mean, 6PM my time. Post was originally made at 4:36 PM my time, and it is now 5:15 PM my time.

Sonata will probably have a room already, though.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Well, we didn't really end up getting an official game going, but through the past two days we played through about 6 or 7 different games with the majority of the people that were interested. So now that that's out of the way, the question is what do we do now?

Remember, this club is not only a basic meeting grounds for people interested in playing games, but should also be treated as a place to come for all things related to tabletop gaming. Want a rate on a deck you've built? Drop the link. Need some inspiration for a character in a game? Just ask and you shall receive. Pretty much nothing is off limits guys. So if you don't feel like being part of the main conversation but still want to talk about TG related things, don't be afraid to post.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Yesterday's CAH games were awesome. I agree with GP, there should be many more of them, for non-supporters too.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
So how about trying to hammer out a date and time for another round of CAH? And then we can start looking at maybe brainstorming some other things we'd like to try and branch out to?

I could also make us a skype chat if we'd like to do that as well.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Yo! If y'all wanna do some CAH or something else (if you have any ideas for anything just throw them out, can be boardgameonline, chess, monopoly, literally anything) post some times that you should be free for the next week or two and we'll start working something out.

And if we get like 5 or 6 people who want to have a skype group we could do that as well. Things like CAH are always more fun when you can hear voices.

Years
Yo! If y'all wanna do some CAH or something else (if you have any ideas for anything just throw them out, can be boardgameonline, chess, monopoly, literally anything) post some times that you should be free for the next week or two and we'll start working something out.

And if we get like 5 or 6 people who want to have a skype group we could do that as well. Things like CAH are always more fun when you can hear voices.

Chess would be pretty cool, you could run it as a tourney perhaps. I haven't played in ages.
Uno or Rummy would be pretty fun too.
As long as I get my CAH in an accessible time :P

My timezone is GMT +8, it's currently 11:42am for me and it's usually easier for me to do things at night.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Chess would be pretty cool, you could run it as a tourney perhaps. I haven't played in ages.
Uno or Rummy would be pretty fun too.
As long as I get my CAH in an accessible time :P

My timezone is GMT +8, it's currently 11:42am for me and it's usually easier for me to do things at night.

I'd be interested in doing a chess tournament :) I haven't played in so long. I'd also love to play euchre, but I don't even know if anyone on PC plays that or how we'd go about it.

CAH is a must though. Play all the CAH.

Years
I'd be interested in doing a chess tournament :) I haven't played in so long. I'd also love to play euchre, but I don't even know if anyone on PC plays that or how we'd go about it.

CAH is a must though. Play all the CAH.

It's been a long time since I've played too, never heard of euchre though.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
As for games there are sites for CAH and Diplomacy in my knowledge. I also know a site with a few card games, but those games aren't even known all over my country, so the chance you know them is about 0. Also the site is non-English. Games like Mafia are possible to play via e-mail too, but that's not really necessary because of the existing game at Forum Games.

And I've never heard of euchre either, but I looked it up, and it shares some traits to games I know. I don't think it would be very hard to learn for me.

My timezone is GMT+1 by the way.

Back