• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
You don't cast an arte that is the same as the FoF. Each arte that can be altered only works in a specific FoF. If you check the arte in your menu, it should say at the bottom what it turns into when cast in a FoF and the little element icon next to it says what type of FoF it needs to be cast in. For example, I believe Jade's Stalagmite (ground) becomes Eruption (fire) when cast in a Fire FoF. But his Thunder Lance (wind) becomes Lightning Tempest (also wind) when cast in a Wind FoF, so it's not always completely different. It just depends on the arte.

Also, you can only use the altered artes when cast in a FoF that is actually glowing, rather than the white ones. To convert a white one to a glowing/powered one, cast an arte of the same element while in it. I think. (It's... been a long time since I played.)

I don't know if this belongs in the Quick Question thread or not...

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
I doubt I get any responses to this, but I need a good support monster for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, any suggestions? I have a healer and a glass cannon monster, just need something that will buff my glass cannon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
Buying Retro Games

Does anyone know where I can buy retro games? I've tried local pawn shops (and failed with them), thrift stores, and the flea market and idk where else to look! I've been searching the web for local video game stores but I can only find gamestop near me! So this is kind of a 2 part question. How can I find local shops that sell retro games in ways other than the internet? and Where are the best kind of shops to look for these kinds of games.

Btw, I am mostly looking for old GB/GBC games and systems and I can't seem to find them anywhere!

Also, try not to tell me to look online or at least on ebay/amazon because I've looked there and the prices are too much for me Dx.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
I believe this is the correct place to post. Hopefully I'm not mistaken. Anyway, can someone please tell me if the Nintendo DS Lite's touchscreen will fit the Nintendo DSi? I need a replacement, and I can't find a reliable source as to where I can get one (no, I will not have Nintendo themselves repair it, as they charge $75). I found a DS Lite screen on Amazon for $1. I figure, even if it doesn't work, it's not much money wasted. However, I would like to know if it will fit and work with my DSi. Better yet, if anyone can tell me where I could buy a new touchscreen FOR the DSi that is a reliable, reputable source?

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
@Above I strongly doubt it, but not sure.

Here, asking this on behalf of a friend, I need you smart people to help me on this:

"Also, my 3DS behaved oddly last night, if anyone can explain, I'd be grateful!

So, I turn it on with the wireless switch active, and when I SR over a Kyurem on Pokemon White the screen just crashes at the white screen. No Pokemon White Logo or anything, just the white screen immediately after SRing won't move.
I tried it 5 or 6 times, powered the system off, it still did it.
So I put Pokemon Platinum in there, and as soon as I select my save file, it comes up with that blue screen and the Communications Error message, that you get when you switch off your DS mid-trade.
I turned off the Wireless switch, but because of the c-gear and how I just press "yes", though it works now, it makes SRs a lot longer. Anyone have a clue?"

Thanks to any help!

Renyui!

ascender
Years
So I bought a new macbook pro yesterday, and I've found myself pretty limited gaming wise. Is there anyway around these limitations, or can anyone suggest any good pc games that are on mac as well?

----

Workin' on my backlog tonight. Out of these three games, which would you guys suggest for me to work on/maybe finish over the weekend? (note. i have a 5 day weekend due to my study break. so i have a lot of spare time. woo.)

Kingdom Hearts: BBS
No More Heroes
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
So I bought a new macbook pro yesterday, and I've found myself pretty limited gaming wise. Is there anyway around these limitations, or can anyone suggest any good pc games that are on mac as well?

If you wish, you could just download steam and have a look. Or, you could bootcamp Windows onto it if you really wanted to play some Windows games! :)​

Workin' on my backlog tonight. Out of these three games, which would you guys suggest for me to work on/maybe finish over the weekend? (note. i have a 5 day weekend due to my study break. so i have a lot of spare time. woo.)

Kingdom Hearts: BBS
No More Heroes
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

I think No More Heroes would be a good one to go with.​

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Last person in the universe to buy a PS3

I think i would go close to holding that tag, I only last night bought a Playstation 3 (160gb) over buying Pokemon cards this week and I am wondering what are some good games that are around atm.

I got Killzone 2 and GT5 with the console for $345 with free shipping and I bought WWE '12 seperately. I usually am into sports game but I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons to different genres.

So any game reviews or referrals?.

Thanks

Years
I think i would go close to holding that tag, I only last night bought a Playstation 3 (160gb) over buying Pokemon cards this week and I am wondering what are some good games that are around atm.

I got Killzone 2 and GT5 with the console for $345 with free shipping and I bought WWE '12 seperately. I usually am into sports game but I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons to different genres.

Thanks

Sports games:
-FIFA '12
-F1 2011

Other notable games:
-Silent Hill HD Collection
-ICO HD Collection
-Infamous 1+2
-Metal Gear Solid series
-Tales of Grace
-Journey

That should sort you out for a while! :P​

TY

Thanks

I would say FIFA 12 and Midnight Club LA, as both of them are good games. (i played them myself on ps3 aswell, but i dont own FIFA 12)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Don't forget Little Big Planet. The second one is better, so if you can only get one of them, go for that one... but otherwise I'd pick them both up. They're lots of fun and a must-have for anyone with a PS3.

TY

Okay, im looking for 1 person for Black Ops Zombies , as most online are too greedy or selfish and all my friends are addicted to MW3...

this request is for PS3 though, PSN is puck22...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
So I finally got myself a 3DS and I don't know what games I should get. It came with four simulation games that I plan to trade in since EBGames seems to highly value those games.

I believe I'll get that new Kingdom Hearts game and possibly that Final Fantasy rhythm game since I do like the Final Fantasy soundtracks. Along with any Harvest Moon title that I can find.

I tend to like the turn based RPGs like Golden Sun and Final Fantasy. Another genre I like is strategy games like FF:Tactics and Fire Emblem so I think I should give Pokemon Conquest a try unless someone has a reason why I shouldn't. Not too flash with platformers so don't recommend me any please.

So what games do you guys think I should add or drop from my list?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Your mileage may vary, but when Paper Mario eventually comes out, I'd certainly recommend it. My experience is only based on the GameCube and Wii versions, but I've always really enjoyed them as RPGs sprinkled with a little bit of platforming. The platforming elements don't really over-ride the RPG element, but you probably should be aware of it before going in.

That and Mario Kart 7. 'Cause that should just come with every 3DS.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
You should defiently get SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked, and (if they make this) SMT Devil Survivor 2 Overclocked.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2012
How much money would i get if i trade my wii into game?

i have the everything
-the wii, its box, senser, holder(for the wii), remote,wii fit board and 2 games wii fit cd, and mariokart.

Years
Moved into Quick Questions.

It completely depends on the company that you are trading it into. However, you aren't look at much, £40 cash and £50 trade in, maybe. I haven't checked in a long time.​

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
i have the everything
-the wii, its box, senser, holder(for the wii), remote,wii fit board and 2 games wii fit cd, and mariokart.

If everything is in good condition then I'd say you're looking at about £80 trade-in and maybe around £60-70 cash. Game aren't the best when it comes to trading in. Everything has to be literally in excellent condition to get cash.

Back