• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Don't worry, you won't have too. But to re-load your save files, on your gba emulator go to File-Load-then find the save file on your computer, then click it. Don't go to "Load game" when you're reloading a save file from a different patch or rom.

I do Control+R to restart my emulator. Ive got the Save Settings right so that I can save my game in it. Also, I dont know if this is a nod to someone, but I can never seem to get a Male Bagon as a starter. I thought it was like you saying that you loved Bagon and decided to make it female or if I'm just having crap luck with it. But yeah, knowing we never have to go see Ivan again after delivering the parcel is a load off my mind.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Nope, there really isn't any mandatory pokemon for you to have in your party. Mine sat in my PC with all the other legendaries.

As for sacred ash, I guess Victini would have to be holding it and the last alive?

I dont think thats how sacred ash works. I'd love to know though. I've had victini holding it and being the last alive, full health, low health, about to faint, fainted, and nothing happens. you cant USE the item either, its annoying.

oh that was weird, i just used it. has to be done outside of battle when victini is only one alive.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2018
just wanted to say that DR1 is such an awesome game that i have been w8ing on DR2 all day long or more like since u said it will take 2 days...do u have an update on the date of it coming out?
and will it be playable till the end of the game or just a beta?(in that case on newer beta will we get to keep our team from the prev beta)

and once again iwill say Awsome Game i have played a lot of hacks and this is defently my fav and the main reason for it is that u toke ur time and got the breeding and lower lvl moves so that the pokemons will be able to be it's best version

Years
Well, I cant download the official walkthrough posted on the first page of this thread, mainly due to it wanting me to sign up, which is always a hassle and so much more junk mail in the email account I rarely use anymore.

Overall, Im just now downloading this hack and gonna give it a whirl.
Seriously you don't need to wait for a long time to sign up. The setup there is so simple :(

i cant do that either because some scientist dude is blocking saying "you cant enter. walk away". afaik ive finished everything on these islands. i only downloaded this game about 3 days ago
Well it seems then you have still more events to do then. Go to the Huntik route and keep going North into it. Jump into the water and move north to reach the three legendary dogs and after them The Dark Hideout and complete the missions there

hey, what emulator should i use? ive tried no$gba and thats not working, neither is visualboyadvance
You again bro. Well VBA is guaranteed the best emulator. Can you tell me exactly what is your problem. Try re patching your ips file with another ROM and see the result???

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Here's my updated team and levels as of getting through the Mount Moon area:

Excadrill- 33
Shelgon- 31
Munna- 29
Zebstrika- 28
Torkoal- 29
Swellow- 22

Seriously you don't need to wait for a long time to sign up. The setup there is so simple :(
To be quite honest: I dont really care about a walkthrough for this hack. More than likely, Im gonna end up having my starter fully evolved and Lvl 100 before the third gym, so there's really no need for a walkthrough. And I know folks are gonna say "that ruins the game for you man!" but like I said, I really dont care anymore. These hacks are always set way too difficult for me. I mean, the Gym Leader always has Pokemon that are nearly 20 levels above the highest Random Encounter rate of the previous area when it should be around 8 levels higher.

Last edited:

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Dunno if this was reported as a bug or not. But when you fight Sydney in the gateway buildinng place (south of the daycare) then you go back to heal your pokemon, you have to go through Battle Cave again and when you do, Prof.Ivan does his shpiel again and you have to battle him again. All the time his sprite is not even in the room since he left.

DCson17

a modest hacker
Years
This game looks beautiful, with a whole lot of promise.
I'll have to DL it when I get a chance later. x

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Dunno if this was reported as a bug or not. But when you fight Sydney in the gateway buildinng place (south of the daycare) then you go back to heal your pokemon, you have to go through Battle Cave again and when you do, Prof.Ivan does his shpiel again and you have to battle him again. All the time his sprite is not even in the room since he left.
That falls into "repeated events" category which was reported many times before ;)

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
hey dark rising girl i have a suggestion for u, in DR2 plz put deino and axew as starters or early in the game , i love hydreigon my favorite pokemon, and like haxorus as well, thanx in advance

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Also the double battles that you scripted with just one trainer are a bit buggy. I had one pokemon left, but because it was a double battle, the game thought I had two pokemon alive. So at the start of the battle, I sent out my living poke, as well as the last poke that died. But it had 0 health. it let me choose a move for it to use but when the fighting came, it did not make its move and the ai did not target it either because it was dead.

Lets just call it the living dead glitch or the zombie glitch lol.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Hoo. Gee.. Life's making me so buuuusssssyyyyy!!!!!!! Oh my.. XD

@DRG: DR2 up? Where!? O.o
@alienhunterx: Well, not for me (After playing an old version of the game, with no lucky eggs YET!)
@Ash493: I'd have to agree for Lucario.. XD As well as Ferro (but would that make Umbreon more than a legendary too? XD)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
what happen to the map when you want to fly. I cant Fly anywhere but the place that Im at. im at novella town.

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Does anyone know if Zekrom's Teravolt ability works in this hack? I tried using EQ on a pokemon that has levitate, but it never worked?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Does anyone know if Zekrom's Teravolt ability works in this hack? I tried using EQ on a pokemon that has levitate, but it never worked?

That's a 5th gen ability. It's not in the hack.

what happen to the map when you want to fly. I cant Fly anywhere but the place that Im at. im at novella town.

When you're in Novellatown, you should only be able to fly to the Dark Rising HQ or Pinnocle City. I don't know why you can only fly to Novella Town but there's plenty of ways to get to other cities that you may want to get too.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY

The Dark Rising 2 thread will be submitted tonight. Keep it mind, the thread still has to be reviewed by the mods and please note the thread does not mean there's a playable demo of the hack. It's simply the thread to discuss and view DR2. The hack will be released later this yr or sometime next year. You can check out the thread in the progression hacks section within the next 24 hours. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
when i downloaded the walkthrough guide it's not completed it stops when you get the ditto from the scientist and doesn't go after that

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
OK, I know it's supposed to be a harder than normal hack, but come on: Throwing Lvl 50 Pokemon at me before I even fight the 3rd Gym? Im glad I used Gameshark Codes to power level my team up. I barely survived so far, and my Salamence is Lvl 66!

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
It seems I missed the mystic badge... My "5th" badge was actually my fourth and now I can't use fly nor do I have a town map >.<

hey dude, the first bade you will not get until the last gym, so that is normal. remember going past the gym that was closed in the forest at the start? yer, thats the final gym.

Years
when i downloaded the walkthrough guide it's not completed it stops when you get the ditto from the scientist and doesn't go after that
Why the heck.... I swear it is complete and ends after you beat Adrian in the castle

OK, I know it's supposed to be a harder than normal hack, but come on: Throwing Lvl 50 Pokemon at me before I even fight the 3rd Gym? Im glad I used Gameshark Codes to power level my team up. I barely survived so far, and my Salamence is Lvl 66!
Seriously man You tired of leveling up with VS Seeker and Lucky Eggs........ What can I say more????

Last edited:
Back