• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
Another thing which I really don't get is that why does Mewtwo's voice does not match when u fight Adrian?Another thing I wanna let u know is that I know music inserter and he may be able to help u if u ask him. His name is FredWTF on youtube. I would suggest that u talk to him and see if he maybe able to help u or not. If all goes to my expectations, probably, The Magician from House of the Dead II intro's theme may make the cut. Please let me know how it turns out i.e if u wish to ask him. Lastly, did u play House of The Dead?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2014
Hey guys I got stuck in this awesome game after you battle Atem in his gym. Any Help?

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey, how is the hack doing?, anyways, when there will an update that features original pokemon cries?, sorry if i bother you like this....but i'm really looking forward to that update....

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
hey, how is the hack doing?, anyways, when there will an update that features original pokemon cries?, sorry if i bother you like this....but i'm really looking forward to that update....

With all of the work being focused on 1.5 & the sequel, I'm not sure. If we find time for it, we'll put the original cries into the hack. For now, you're going to have to play with the volume on mute lol.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
urm heyas again, another probably stupid question, just got one of N's dragons and the stone for the other disapeared, is it possible to get the other one too or not?
and if i do end up doing a walkthrough i'll probably do it with throttle on or something - to me its more fun to speed through a game :) the main interface in pokemon is always so incredibly slow :)
oh and what does one do after the N event?

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
Originally Posted by saad20006
hello darkrisinggirl,
please help me i don't no what i have to do after the snow badge in the pokemon dark rising 1 beta 1 i don't have TM : surf and i search for a solution everywher and in all cities
please answer me and thank you
PS: i like your hack pokemon version !
The cave that Kayo was standing in front of should be open now. You can go through it to reach a new path where you'll eventually come across evil Pete. tks but where's the cave that kayo was standing in front of it , i love your version of pokemon and i want to finish it soon :)

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
Originally Posted by saad20006
hello darkrisinggirl,
please help me i don't no what i have to do after the snow badge in the pokemon dark rising 1 beta 1 i don't have TM : surf and i search for a solution everywher and in all cities
please answer me and thank you
PS: i like your hack pokemon version !
The cave that Kayo was standing in front of should be open now. You can go through it to reach a new path where you'll eventually come across evil Pete. tks but where's the cave that kayo was standing in front of it , i love your version of pokemon and i want to finish it soon :)

after getting the snow badge you can go trough the cave now, that cave is located at the west part of the snow gym.. that cave will bring you to numassity path hope it helps

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
urm heyas again, another probably stupid question, just got one of N's dragons and the stone for the other disapeared, is it possible to get the other one too or not?
and if i do end up doing a walkthrough i'll probably do it with throttle on or something - to me its more fun to speed through a game :) the main interface in pokemon is always so incredibly slow :)
oh and what does one do after the N event?

The door dray and florina was guarding is available now. I believe you can get only one not sure. And sure speed up is fine

Years
I am not sure if anyone else got this bug. But as I headed back to the first town after the second battle with Pete. I found among the trees the male trainer overworld sprite over a tree. Clicked on it and froze my game....Should of saved the game beforehand but was having way too much from the story and getting to lvl 20 with my female Gible. Anyways, please debug.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Did you defeat all of the gym leaders? There's a few that's not mandatory such as Nora in Numassity City (I'm shocked no one had problems with her "signature" Pokemon btw), Kai in Iceland City, and you could skip Bruce in Montage Fortress as well. As for Darugis, yes his sprite is complete. I believe it's somewhere buried in the thread, but you'll have to wait until Dark Rising 2 to finally confront it in a battle. If you thought Adrian was tough.....lol....As for the legendaries in part 2; all of the legendaries that weren't present in part 1 is in part 2. I've already inserted all of the Pokemon who'll be in it(All of their sprites, still doing their stats/moves/etc) They'll also be more newer moves in the next one as well to better benefit some Pokemon. Like Gunk Shot, etc(I'm trying to get the Physical/Special Split in part 2. Still working on it). You can expect to see the 4 Musket-deers, The 3 birds, Latias/Latios, and others.

Uhh, the reason I breezed through it cuz I had my lvl. 72 Zoroark, dully EV trained with Max. Sp atk and Spd. And Dark Pulsed away.. (w/ blackglasses btw.)

Arceus will be available in DR 2? O.o

Oh, and could make the legendaries a little lower in level?.. I did not like the lvl. 70-80 legends.. I like their lower level movesets.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Uhh, the reason I breezed through it cuz I had my lvl. 72 Zoroark, dully EV trained with Max. Sp atk and Spd. And Dark Pulsed away.. (w/ blackglasses btw.)

Arceus will be available in DR 2? O.o

Oh, and could make the legendaries a little lower in level?.. I did not like the lvl. 70-80 legends.. I like their lower level movesets.

Yeah, Arceus will be available in DR 2. Arceus has to be the one to take down Darugis in the final battle, right? An update on Dark Rising 1.5 & Dark Rising 2 will be posted sometime early next week.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Yeah, Arceus will be available in DR 2. Arceus has to be the one to take down Darugis in the final battle, right? An update on Dark Rising 1.5 & Dark Rising 2 will be posted sometime early next week.

I think it should be Ferrothorn. HAHA! You do know that's a joke, right?
Yay!! Is there a separate thread already for DR 2?

Years
If you're writing it out in text, send it to me and I'll update it on the main post every time you add more to the walkthrough. If it's a video, let me know and I'll have your video walkthrough highlighted on the main post.
Actually its text walk through. So I will send you now. Tell me your mail address or any other way. Thanks for the encouragement by the way !!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I said it because normally a walk through is present on first page of the hack thread. How can I do that?
Why don't you make a complete WT and then send it to DRG so she can put it into the first post instead of updating? ;)

in terms of weaknesses, I'd say Umbreon is better. But do you think Ferrothorn has better stats and movesets than Umbreon? He could be a lead, a wall, at the same time he could do some damage..
Well... Ferr's advantage lies in better attack stats but Umbreon's power lies in better HP and speed =)
Especially HP works best for a wall =)

I think it should be Ferrothorn. HAHA! You do know that's a joke, right?
Yay!! Is there a separate thread already for DR 2?
-.-' You are pretty obssesed with that steel ball o.O

Years
I was inside Waters Caverns right now and saw this old man beside some rocks as shown. When I talk with him he does nothing
2v36ibp.jpg

Gravyty 0

Pokemon physicist
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
I found a bug when I try to leave Mystic Falls,I back to face the veteran

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
The problem with missing badge is finnal badge. ccan you make that all legendary have their own signature moves?

STEEL TYPE POKEMON RULES!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
HI! I'm new at this forum; first of all thanks DarkRisingGirl for your great hack, I'm adoring it! Please have some patience trying to understand me as I'm from Spain and i know very little English.
I would need some help with this hack; I was playing the beta1 and reached "Aroma Path", then I realized I couldn't go forward or doing anything, so I searched the name of the hack in Google and I ended founding this forum.
Then I downloaded the "final version" of Dark Rising, and I could enter to the cave were Giovanni is... And here comes the doubt: Am I supposed to beat Giovanni? Cos' he's holding lvl90 pokemons and my strongest pokemon it0's just at lvl42, so beating Giovanni is kind of a impossible deal. Please help me! And thanks 4 everything, this forum is great keep it up!

Back