• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] "Past of the Past": A Beta Johto Journey

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
It seemed like we had unanimous support for this, so I'll post it here: the background for why our characters are currently where they are, as well as general world-building characterizing Johto with a few allusions for what's to come.

Looking forward to an overarching plot, and will contribute wherever I can!

----------The plot of ?Past of the Past? begins two weeks from Tohru Ayano?s arrival in the Johto region on an early-September evening, Tuesday. The Johtonese Congregate lifted a then twenty-year mandate prohibiting the distribution of Training licenses. The merger of Johto?s Lavender League into Kanto?s Battle Coalition produced the popular and profitable Indigo League as the tradition of Pok?mon Training proved itself a predominant career opportunity in the midst of economic depression. The League cycle thus continued beyond Johtonese shores where Pok?mon were either seen as too holy or too dangerous to be ?at an inferior man?s will,? as worded by official legislation.

----------In the absence of Johto-born Trainers, the United Legion of Trained Rational Academics claimed a high standing in public opinion. In their goal to educate, they issued propaganda through all accessible methods, informing consumers on how best to avoid the feral monsters that had been so idolized throughout history, those that could ? would ? easily devastate them and their property. They had traction, from the far north in Mahogany Town where it was publicized through the growing influence of electronic news: a little boy had been spontaneously sprang upon by a Gyarados near the Lake of Rage. The Legion?s demand for more barricades, more ranger stakeouts, curfews in highly-populated areas for those under a certain age, slowly prompted action. From the Kanto region, the group ?borrowed? the concept of a ?Pok?dex,? a portable encyclopedia with knowledge on every discovered species, from an ?anonymous source,? so true information could be available for all? or, at least, more. Full-body braces were invented for Abra and its evolutionary family, constrictive belts for Machop, Machoke, and Machamp. And the expert opinions of Legion?s elite were being repeated, on the radio, on the news; ?It?s just science,? the hosts would claim. ?Just ask the United Legion; they?re Professors.?

----------The Legion?s involvement in Johto incited a new era of wariness amidst its citizens. Pok?mon may still be part of many?s lives, but a divide spawned between ?ferals? and domesticated Pocket Monsters. The Pok?mon of the wild felt this rift and adapted quickly, as Pok?mon do, so that tension existed where there had been little. Routes were overgrown, their inhabitants suddenly less obliging when a human trolloped through their territory. A trust had been shattered; the balance between people and Pok?mon became, with every moment, less so.

----------Preceding the mandate?s demolition, conflict within the Legion hit the presses. A ?heated debate? about the ?ethics? of the organization ? consisting of some of the biggest names of Pok?mon research ? led to many affiliates disassociating themselves from the group and, by extension, their career altogether; whether the two acts of resignation were linked is unknown. It can be theorized that the mass renouncement encouraged the end of the mandate, as the Legion was one of its main proponents. After all, U.L.T.R.A. consists of some of the known world?s most brilliant minds, some of its most privileged, most ?in-the-know? individuals, the same with access to technology and knowledge that could have cracked into worlds unseen and found something

----------In present times, the Legion?s associates have been divided once more in acceptance of the next generation of Trainers. The minority of the already-minimized organization did so with open arms and, in fact, contributed, with the kingpin of the mobilization being Dr. Utsugi Iwata, the group?s youngest. Names were quite literally drawn from a hat, names of those of eligible age from specific locations, all pulled from the region?s database. The adolescents Itsuko proposed from far-off Kanto had some direct connection to him or a close coworker, as vague as those bonds may have been, anything to draw new faces towards Johto?s quickly-rejuvenating League. (Perhaps it was a bit rash to recreate it as instantaneously as the Congregate did, but Kanto?s had single-handedly saved its economy, and that amount of prosperity likely had the government salivating, even when contractual obligation had them booted from the Indigo League affiliation.)

----------Meanwhile, the cogs of Johtonese society are grinding as methodically as they have been. The obliteration of the two-decade mandate brought little applause. People are too scared to celebrate a decision that could possibly render a group of adolescents gored in the wilderness, because the attacks are increasing, seemingly, every month. If licenses were being forced on the region?s youth, there?d been rioting. Instead, the Legion proposes a ?test round.? ?Guinea pigs? from the isolated regions of Johto ? the walled-in Goldenrod, the isolated Mahogany ?, kids from Kanto with even less of a clue of how badly the situation has become. It?s a risk, fighting Pok?mon with Pok?mon, Itsuki says, but, fuck it. People are dying, and something needs to be done. There?s something bigger out there that all the Professors know, a group bigger than U.L.T.R.A. that must be stopped. Someone needs to go out there into those wilds, clear those paths, find those beasts and exterminate them until they find out their identities and kill them f? err, find those people foolish enough to wander into the tall grass without a Pok?mon, and challenge the gyms. Because someone has to! It?s not just status quo, it?s what it means to be Pok?mon Master.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys, just wondering what the discord was for this RP so I can join, if there is one.

Also if you don't mind, I would like to add this small bit to my character's personality.

"When he loses in a battle or anything that should make him unhappy, he tends to hide it and act as if everything is ok. However, this is only a ploy to hide his disappointment in himself or his true feelings. Which will wear him down over time if the mistake made is not corrected. Sometimes his feelings are true as not everything disappoints him."

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Hey guys, just wondering what the discord was for this RP so I can join, if there is one.
We have a dedicated channel in the main discord. There's an announcement linking to it at the top of the Roleplay Theatre.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Name: Detective Limon Beigeman

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Being held back by his incompetence in following the procedures, he is a quirky figure with the passion of a being who delivers justice into his own hands. Or that is what he always told himself to, for somebody who gets jittery most of the time and blindly suspects 'somewhat' innocent bystanders. Taking too little consideration on countermeasures done given the situation, there is no warning when and why he would bring his 'thunder fist' into action.

Despite the degrading performance, he is not the ultimate dunce by heart and spirit. He may not be the best in his job, but he has shown himself to be both caring and reliable. He can despise anyone, but he never truly looks down on anyone. He is not the cleverest person around, but he is quite diligent. At times he can be a rather pathetic defeatist, but in the end he stays true to his objective. And when someone yells for help, he will rush in to answer the call to save the day.

Orders from his superiors are still to be obeyed, but there are times when he can get reckless -- unaware of the danger ahead. And when he did, they can expect him to do the impossible.​

Backstory:
Before he became a detective, he was formerly a driver working in a taxi service called Lumi Cab. Every day was his lousy day, but he didn't look as lazy as many people may seem and got paid fairly for a whole roundabout in the biggest city, Lumiose.

One day, he spent his time to sleep all day in his apartment during a day off. By doing and feeling absolutely nothing, he didn't know that there was a burglar walking behind him and soon knocked him down unconscious with something small but hard. Until the police came, he was found lying down on the floor with a can of lemonade beside him. The medics carried him into the local hospital and nursed him back to health, only to find out that the damage was anything but major -- thus resulting in amnesia.

The day he opened his eyes, the TV was turned on loud by himself unintentionally. The broadcast exhibited a show called 'Alolan Detective Laki', and the first sight of the show after his memory loss has just hatched a will to become somebody else. He felt astonished with the way he would point out the truth and solve the cases, and to be part of the cool guy club, he devoted himself to become fully-fledged detective.

He got up and escaped from the hospital, bringing his rented cloth along as he was chased by the nurses. He went inside a law office, immediately signed up as a detective despite not fulfilling the requirements firsthand, and judging by his demeanor, it was as if he was perfectly confident with the decision he made. As expected, he failed miserably, but the chief noticed his vigor and determination in becoming one of them. From that point, he couldn't be happier to pass with a grim score.

...That was what the chief claimed. Almost everything seemed to be far fetched and contradictory with his tale -- especially for someone who, in fact lived in Saffron City. Although they somehow were convinced and so bought his story. Just in a mere three days, now he was in charge of investigating anything regarding the fishy activity in Johto. It was indeed seriously odd, no one other than them really knew whatever happened in the actual background. Whether he really fabricated his own history as a facade, or there was actually a hidden intention behind it, everything remained in the dark until anyone tried to bring the truth into light.​

Goals:
• Find out the suspicious activities running about in Johto Region.

Inventory: A name card, handcuffs, a taser, a transceiver, and a case report.

Party:
007MS.png

• Hydro Pump
• Water Gun
• Ice Punch
• Protect

RP Samples:

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024

Detective (cause that's a name to give your first children) Limon Beigmen has been thoroughly become Amnesiac--- I mean, Detective--- No i mean Morian--- I mean Accepted! Please don't mind my derping! Any questions ask me!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am planning to do the Bug Catching Side Quest in my next post on Route 29 so I can get the fishing pole.

If I remember correctly, it is only called fishing pole. Will I get upgrades for the fishing pole from other missions in the future or an all in one fishing pole?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I am planning to do the Bug Catching Side Quest in my next post on Route 29 so I can get the fishing pole.

If I remember correctly, it is only called fishing pole. Will I get upgrades for the fishing pole from other missions in the future or an all in one fishing pole?

For now, its just a simple fishing pole. Maybe in the future there will be better versions.

Questlog:

Tohru Ayano is under the way of doing the quest "A Cherry Walk"

Sora Asai has began the quest "Bug Hunting"

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
Everything I wrote here came straight out my butt.

CURRENTLY KNOWN OBJECTIVES
Infiltrate U.L.T.R.A.
Capture the ???????
Find substance that produces dopamine
Actually have fun​

AGE ? 28
GENDER ? M
SEXUALITY ? Irrelevant.

Spoiler:

Subject: Sabi Jun

Psychological Profile

----
Sabi Jun is an individual driven by personal interest. In spite of this, he holds no value over his achievements or failures, and instead, favors progression for its own sake. He continues his interminable odyssey by filling it with a myriad of experiments that venture into the unknown, all without setting a goal for the long-term. His ambitions are seemingly fueled by curiosity; mere impulses to mitigate the boredom present in work. This aimless conduct Jun firmly adheres to precludes his sense of contentment, and consequently, he finds it difficult to express any empathy for people who find comfort in the mundane.
----
Jun strives for optimization and he is quick to cut corners in order to minimize his own efforts. However, Jun also ensures success through any means and often resorts to extremes even when it is superfluous or even when it presents imminent danger. He disregards the ramifications of his actions, though he dislikes acting impetuous?albeit it is more a matter of predictability in his approach as opposed to a sincere consideration of ethics.
----
Jun is prone to megalomaniac tendencies. Seldom does he not attempt to involve himself in everyone?s affairs?even when there is no benefit in it for him?while simultaneously denouncing abstractions such as love and friendship to demean others of their sentiments and efforts. However, he appears self-aware to an extent; he fully realizes many of his own flaws derive from his own inability to dedicate himself to any meaningful cause beyond his own desultory endeavors of senseless lust.
----
His irreverence towards society is likely his way of challenging their ideals of personal happiness to deconstruct their inherent values. To mend the dissonance between the baseless purpose of perpetuating these values and the universe?s blatant indifference towards them, he frequents the same expeditions he openly mocks. His goal is to emulate the motivations of humanity, which?when stripped down to their underlying basis?appear just as fruitless to Jun as his own voyages into chaos.

Transcript

Chapter One: Resolution
----
The oceans reflected the last remnants of the sun as it sank into the horizon. Bare feet stood on warm sand, and the comfort rescinded the seductive ebb and flow of the tides. Stained shoes were tossed aside. As the day gradually diminished, the void before him grew darker. And once everything faded to black, that would be the moment to enter. There was no dread notwithstanding the uncertainty, and in fact, there was a moment of exhilaration; this was a one-way venture into the unknown and an opportunity to explore something different.
----
Before he could embark on his excursion, a grip bounded him in place. The flickering light emanated from the tip of an orange salamander wrapped in strips of gauze; an associate abandoned at the safety of a homestead. The dull expression it conveyed indicated its arrival here was not deliberate and was the result of aimless wandering. Nevertheless, the creature was present now and the light it provided made the void inaccessible, or at least unapproachable.
----
"Why are you here?" the boy posed.
----
Firmly clutched in the creature's tattered claws was a spherical object. It slogged towards its trainer?an organism it was familiar with?and placed the capsule container beside its trainer's feet. It gazed at its human acquaintance and displayed a longing for servitude; this behavior was not out of loyalty. Nothing else was to be expected from a specimen conditioned and molded to accept this master-and-pet dynamic from birth.
There once were humans and Pok?mon that ate together at the same table.
----
The pair sat down together, meditating. Recollecting. The young trainer observed the container that served to house a captive, and a brief moment, it felt as though there was modicum of empathy. The trainer came to a revelation that his inability to leave his own limitations and bounds was no different from his partner's confinement within some product of man. That pathetic form of irony brought some consolation for the constant losses, and it was enough to persuade the trainer to stray from his fateful path. In the end, there was nothing else to do but push forward.

Chapter Two: Bereavement
----
Emptied bottles of bronze glass occupied a majority of the desk, leaving limited space. A picture frame was faced down, its imagery purposely hidden out of personal stress. Thoughts instinctively translated themselves into brief strokes of black ink on paper, gradually becoming a process of repetition and diminishing in purpose. Face descended and submerged in rumination, and everything else was absorbed into the dark; only the dim glow of fluorescent lights rippled throughout the empty room.
----
This state of isolation developed into intoxicating trance, and it was one often visited to regain composure; the intent did not derive from for escapism as a recluse, but rather to embrace individualism. While the peace of solitude was calming with its ensured security, the loneliness that came with it was a feeling of unease.
----
The silence within research facility was only disturbed by the clamorous whirs of decrepit machinery and the occasional creaks of a chair when it was leaned back. It was this unnatural silence that was the source of disquiet; an overwhelming force that could only be broken by something outside it, while everything within its bounds was essentially trapped. A colleague entered the provision to offer liberation from the feeling of such ennui, though at the cost of unwanted disruption.
----
"Sabi? Why are you here?"
----
The aide's attention was momentarily seized by a woman who wore her lab coat in a meticulous fashion, as though her obligation in presentation preceded the attire's functional purpose for safety procedure. He waved, inert in motion and simple in its gesture .
----
"It's four in the morning, Sabi," she addressed whilst turning on the rest of the lights for the room, to which Sabi responded with a dismayed growl, "the lab isn't supposed to open up for another hour."
----
"The old coot gave me the key since I'm supposed to lock up the lab for tonight. Said something about leaving to meet his grand-kid today?something about League business. Or he just wants to stay home and fart all day."
----
"Oh, that's funny. I could have sworn I was given that task. Since you know, I was able to open the locked door. I'm here to get the lab ready for today." she approached the inebriated aide, his head buried into the desk with drool spilling over his own papers. "You didn't leave the lab, did you?"
----
"Listen?I've almost completed my algorithms," his head abruptly rose, and with the sleeve of his coat, he clumsily wiped the strand of saliva dangling from his mouth. "I'm so close... If I can just prove that all Pok?mon are comprised out of the same energy?if I can just find that link to decipher these anomalies?I'll be able to create an entire system that'll alter the genetics of any species. We can maximize efficiency, and replicate biological life; no more defects. Since the team discovered a couple of unidentified species westward, I've been thinking about continuing my research there." His voice trailed off into incomprehensible slurs.
----
"Remember when you said you were on the brink of some breakthrough? That was two months ago. Besides, the professor already ruled out your work as pseudoscience; there's nothing to really support your research?"
----
"Oh, enough with that squalor," he leaned back in his seat and exaggerated a groan, "the professor claims everything he didn't come up with himself as a pseudoscience; dogmatism is clearly his only way of defending his own flimsy theories against people who actually put effort into their work."
----
"Look, that's not the poi?"
----
"Seriously, who cares about some crazy eccentric has-been. Like what has he accomplished these past years? He invented some buggy device that generates inaccurate information at an inconsistent rate?let's give him a big fat Nobel prize for inspiring the youths to run off on monotonous journeys as they become his errand boys. He's so inept and irresponsible, he can't even remember basic things like his own grand-kid's name, or get someone's gender correct. How many times has he callously address you as a male?"
----
"I am a male."
----
"But this hormone therapy garbage clearly indicates you want to be addressed as the other; it's the assumption I find to be incorrect, not the technicalities."
----
"You're clearly drunk. Possibly deprived of a lot of sleep, given those baggy eyes. So, you can denigrate the professor all you want," the colleague hesitated before continuing, "but you do realize that all you're doing is projecting, right? You do this all the time."
----
"I ain't projecting?I'm not so deluded that I'm incapable of acknowledging my own flaws. I know I'm just some loon who's too stupid to stop running in circles, I know I've been gradually becoming more of a recluse?pushing family and friends away just for an improbable goal that I honestly only want to achieve simply because I can." The seat that supported Sabi's weight no longer provided any consolation, its cushion worn out over an extensive amount of time. He stood up, legs experiencing a rapid jolt followed by catharsis that dampened stance. "But maybe, you're right. I might just be projecting. This whole team will just spew out disincentives just to feel better about themselves."
----
"How about you just take the day off?head back home, and get some rest."
----
"Home's boring?nobody's there to ignore my childish antics; nobody to share hot gossip with; nobody for me to ignore when I come home four hours late. Nobody, there's just..."
The aide collapsed; his hands instinctively reached out for the closest entity in his proximity, and his hands clung onto the drapes of the colleague's coat, dragging the both of them down until they were slumped onto cold vinyl.
----
"What the hell!? Get off of me!"
----
"You're probably thinking?pitying me even?that I'm suffering, and this is just my crazy way to cope with the loss."
----
The duo remained dormant as a pair of hands reluctantly finding a place on Sabi's back; the intent was likely to hoist the sot off the floor rather than to strictly indulge in a moment of intimacy.
----
"I don't feel anything... and it's alarming me." Mirth erupted from Sabi's now agape mouth; an unusual surge of euphoria overwhelmed his body as the aide came to a revelation. His colleague?understandably shaken from an erratic display of mood?awkwardly chortled alongside drunkard's abrupt guffawing. "No, seriously?I don't feel ANYTHING down there. Are you seriously a guy? For real?"
----
"You slimy son of a?!" Face flushed with crimson, the assistant shoved his indecent coworker, causing the latter to plummet onto his back. "I don't exactly make my gender a secret!"
----
"HORMONE THERAPY IS A PSEUDOSCIENCE."
----
"Oh, my God. Shut up."
----
Sabi laid about idle as he compulsively laughed while he observed the prim scientist regain his composure from the salacious stunt, and then proceeded off elsewhere inside the lab. Sabi eyes shut after being overburden with exhaustion, and he heard only the aloof echoes of light footsteps. "You know, I'm glad you're here right now," he murmured as his words began to slur, "I wanted to ask you something, since you're the only one I trust."
----
"Uh-huh, you trust me so much that you don't even know my sex?"
----
"Listen?I trust you, don't mean I know everything about you," he retorted, "but anyways, there's something I want to confess. So, hear me out..."

Chapter Three: Journey
[The page is left blank.]​

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Ech is officially The fucking king.

Too bad this entire app is P S E U D O S C I E N T I F I C. Oak did nothing wrong!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Name: Tsubaki Akagi ? ? ?

Sexuality: Straight
Place of Birth: Ecruteak City
Currently Living: Goldenrod City

Childhood/Family Life: For many decades in Johto, the Akagi household remained a pro-traditions revered clan who puts strength and power above all else. Tsubaki's mother was a stay-at-home mom, while her father became the clan's head after his own father. He constantly encouraged the clan to remember their principles; because of that, they became a constant success in many business affairs, and even the members each were profound and world class pok?mon trainers. When it came to pok?mon themselves, the clan never saw them as 'partners', but more so tools for business. Powerful pok?mon was everything to the Akagi household, with anything less were saw as worth just as little as mere garbage.

Growing up, Tsubaki was mainly raised by her mother, while her father was constantly out supporting the clan and the household. Her mother was kind and wise, while her father was strict and prideful. Tsubaki herself, was shy and quiet around others when she was young. She had a simple and quiet childhood: spent most of her time going to school, and learned all sorts of pok?mon related topics. Alongside learning about pok?mon, she loved plants. She used to help her mother plant all sorts of species of flowers in their garden. On the other foot, because of her shy and meekly nature, she was constantly mocked and ridiculed by her cousins - fellow members of the Akagi household. Over time, this led to her having a lack of confidence, leading to that faithful day.

When her age became to her early 20s, she got a part-time job as a florist while she worked to complete university. However, despite her age, she was still as shy and gentle as anyone came. Her father disapproved of her nature. He wanted her to become stronger -which led to him forcing Tsubaki to do rigorous and relentless training with the pok?mon who were owned by the household. Pok?mon battling was not her strong suit however, as she lost battle after battle against her family members. Her kind nature disapproved of pok?mon becoming hurt, thus she often hesitated commanding pok?mon to deliver blows to another. One day, when Tsubaki lost against her cousin who was years younger than her, her father had enough of her apparent weak and cowardice nature. Her father was set to disown Tsubaki as a member of the family and his daughter entirely. He could not accept a weak individual in the clan, even if it was her daughter. Her father ordered Tsubaki to leave the household. Her mother, despite her love for her, was only left with disappointment with her daughter's lack of strength for the family. Tsubaki became a disgrace to her family name, as she was approached by insults and slurs by her family, as she finally left, leaving her life behind.

Education: Threw her childhood, she participated in school affairs, and kept going to school throughout her age until she eventually reach university to study steam power.

Regrets: Perhaps her greatest regret was getting to realize how pathetic her past self was. While she had recently decided to change her life for her own betterment, a part of her wishes she had the strength to make her mother and father recognize her from the get go. Perhaps she was too kind, which might of been the cause of her previous passive nature during her time training with the clan, and losing countless times.

Personality/Virtues/Skills: In a nutshell, her internal torment caused a spark within her that decided it was time for her to move on past her previous demeanor. Tsubaki these days now can be described as a sarcastic, sharp-tongued, yet witty individual with a strong will. Still, she remains kind and light-hearted for those who needed it, depending on a situation. She has a strong sense of pride and prefers to make her own choices, rather than letting others decide for her. As she grew, she learned to be independent, with a constant open mind towards new aspects of culture, and new beliefs around her environment.

From her never give up attitude towards the people and other matters she holds dear, one could say that is where her strength derives from. Perhaps it can be argued that she only grew strong herself from the harsh history she had. She was born weak in the eyes of her family and suffered for it, and to become independent, she had to work for it and make sacrifices. As such, she has the arrogance of a person who stands on her own, but still understands the feelings of those who are weak.

Other than pok?mon, she loves flowers above all else. Don't be surprised if she stops in the middle of the road, taking a gander of the wild flowers that bloomed nearby, known their exact species and classification. Her favourite type of pokemon is naturally Grass, and bug pokemon is her least favourite by far. Any sight of bugs, and she shakes and cringes like none as seen before.

Likes: Flowers, Jewelry, Puns, Coffee, Kimonos, the colour pink, sounds of a rainy day, Eevees

Dislikes: Bug Pokemon, Body odor, Snakes, People who chew with their mouth open, Mustard, Muk

Sakura Koto - The Master Thief Persona

It all started sometime after Tsubaki was kicked out of her family two years ago. Luckily for Tsubaki, she had support of a friend who lived in Goldenrod, right near the florist shop she worked in. As time came by to her current age, deep within herself, she became engulfed by solitude and sadness. This was set from her history, the experience of losing her home, a place in her family, due to the sole reason of being dependent.

Every now and then, she would notice her friend leaving the house at sporadic times, during the night. She never thought of that too much, as she always dismissed as her having her own plans. That was until, she didn't come home the following day from one faithful night. Concerned, Tsubaki decided to ask around the city, even to her workplace on whether or not anyone had witnessed her friend's whereabouts, but with success. Things looked hopeless as she was then considering police involvement - until she accidentally found a secret compartment of her friend's house, which led to a very mysterious basement. Cautious, she explored the secret area to find a variety of things she did not expect: many notes and news clippings about different types of jewelry, many shelves that held expensive-looking objects upon class casings, and even many computer monitors that showcased maps, diagrams, and security details about different types of shops, and museums. On the desks, she noticed many files on hand detailing plans of heists that read one single name as the title, "Sakara Koto". Her friend was secretly a master thief.
latest

Shocked, she stumbled upon one more monitor that read thus - "Moonlight Gem, said to be a magical jewelry stone that grants immortality". She heard about that gem from the news, but always believed the stone's powers to be mere superstition. Her attention became focused upon a warning of one name - the last name she thought to see. Beware of Akagi. Akagi as in... her household name? If this stone were to grant immortality, her father and the prominent members of her family might set their sights on it. Still, this was just a tentative theory; it could of all just of been coincidence. Still, in a quest to see if her theory was true or not, she went to her family's home in secret. There, she could overhear some of the members chatting to themselves in an arrogant tone - how the so called 'brat thief' got hers, how easy it was to bribe the police, and how much the head of the household want to find that legendary jewel.

It was true. Her family had killed her friend, because she tried to steal a gem which was also targeted by them. Back to her late friend's house, she was overcome with sorrow, yet anger. Her so called family had taken away everything she had ever loved. They were going to pay for this. In a vow to prevent her father on finding the jewel and from hypothetically gaining immortality, she dons her friend's thieving identity, and her name: Sakura Koto, the blossom of the shadows. Ever since then, she trained, and trained, and trained herself in mind, spirit, and body. The tremendous torment from her family to her, led her to seek her inner strength.

Years went by ever she began her thieving spree, researching the names of rich, yet corrupt individuals who would use their power to hurt others. She eventually adopted her predecessor's M.O., leaving behind calling cards in the brink of night before announcing she would steal from the likes of those she deems as only scum of the earth. Her first heist was a diamond she stole from a rich man who declared that he was going to shut down a local orphanage due to unpaid bills, only for her to claim the diamond and selling it in the black-markets to help with the orphanage's finances. While she adopted this "steal from the rich and give to the poor" motif, she eventually started a lust and desire for jewels and other priceless objects with rich history behind them, which sometimes would led her to sneak away some form of gold and silver for her... collection.

Still, her one and only true goal was within her sights: she was to claim the legendary jewel of immortality before her family were to get a hold of it. She was to soon see how dangerous her family's clan had become, who went as far as stamping out those who "got in their way" so to speak, plaguing Johto in a sheet of corruption and sacrifice. She vowed to stop their plans at all costs.

The "Personified Personality": Years of donning the thief, whenever she puts the mantle on, she comes across as cold and arrogant, yet have a mysterious aura, providing a metaphorical outlook on many situations in life.

Inventory:

+Yokai Mask
+Wolf Ears "attachment"
+Red Parasol
+A White Camilla

Starter Pokemon:

BULBASAUR "Kyoko"
bulbasaur.gif
| female | grass | bold
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip, Magical Leaf

RP Sample:

[Click here]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2023
XOJ5FrV.jpg

Name: Heemi Ozmora

Sexuality: Bisexual Biromantic

Appearance: (See Image)

Personality: Heemi is a girl with a dark sense of humor and kind intentions. She adores most water, ice, poison, ghost, and dark types. She is fairly easygoing, generally preferring to be a follower, and not a leader. She is also prone to depression, though she tries to look on the bright side of things, or at least find the humor in the darkness of a situation. That being said, overwhelmingly bad things happening to her or her friends can send her over the edge. She absolutely hates bullies and those who seek to hurt the weak and/or meek on purpose.

Heemi also has a fondness for exploring ruins and abandoned locations, finding them far more interesting than any normal city or town. That being said, her Sticky fingers when within these ruins get her into deep trouble more often than not. She's usually carrying around enough supplies for about two weeks of travel, although her sense of taste is oddly diminished, and she tends to enjoy the oddest flavor combinations imaginable, which leaves her snacks at questionable edibility for everyone else.
"Always prepare for lasers! The ancient people and pokemon of the world weren't as dumb as you may think." - Heemi, on exploration.

Backstory: Heemi was born in a small cabin in Viridian Forest to her single mother, Memree, who never told her much about her father. Memree was renowned in a small area for being an expert Poke-Witch, who was constantly brewing healing potions and other concoctions for hurt pokemon. This she did regardless of whether the pokemon belonged to local trainers seeking emergency aid, or was a completely wild pokemon who had gotten hurt when battling a trainer's pokemon. Heemi herself began aiding her mother in potion making at age 6, and quickly developed her unusual sense of taste as a result of tasting her own potions to see if they were correct.

Heemi eventually desired having a Pokemon of her own and going on grand adventures with them, though every time she tried to capture a Pokemon, it ended with her getting injured in some way. Not wanting her only daughter to get hurt trying to capture her new partner, Memree wrote to Professor Elm to see about getting Heemi her own pokemon. To that, Elm agreed as long as Heemi would go on a journey through the Johto region to help him with the Pokedex. Memree then reluctantly sent Heemi off to go to Elm's lab, a Journey which took Heemi much longer than anticipated due to having to take a detour no thanks to a hibernating Snorlax.

Goals: Heemi wishes for nothing more than to explore the world and catch as many new Pokemon friends as possible.

Inventory: Heemi has a rather large backpack, mostly filled with of food of questionable taste and texture, ranging from fairly reasonable things, such as Honey and Blackberries Mashed up into a jam, to the outright bizarre, such as Cinnamon Tofu. She also has a lot of Poke-Witch Luck Charms of various types and healing herbs that work on Humans, both given to her by her mother before she left. Her limited extra space is dedicated to a Waterproofed container which holds her letter leading her to Silent Hills, a compass, and a map.

Hometown: Deep Viridian Forest

Family: Her Mother, Memree, is extremely important to Heemi. The two plan to keep in touch via Memree's Abra teleporting letters back and forth between the two of them, but Heemi hasn't received a letter so far.

Starter Pokemon: Docile Female Squirtle nicknamed Lumina
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun
- Haze

Others: Heemi and Her Mother do not possess "Magic", just a really intimate knowledge of herbs and potion-making. Wanted to clarify that.

RP Sample: Heemi raced through the hallway of the ruined temple, screaming at the top of her lungs. "Why did it have to be the boulder thing?!" she shouted as she fled around a corner, the perfectly spherical boulder behind her slamming into the wall and breaking neatly in half. "Huh..." she paused, stepping over to the giant rock--only to see it wasn't a normal boulder at all, but a giant geode! "Hah! I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm--" she suddenly opened her eyes and groaned before sitting up in bed, realizing she had just been dreaming the entire time. "Aww, dang it! It always ends before I get back to civilization and get all the babes..." she grumbled, flopping back into bed and curling up into a ball, covers surrounding her. "Could've at least let me harvest the shinies, but no..." she whined to no one in particular, trying to go back to sleep.

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I noticed the out-of-character has not been updated to reflect my discontinuation with Miss Ayano. I thought it'd be more sophisticated, if not untimely, of me to proffer some closure. Considering my part in providing context to Past of the Past's narrative and what was entrusted in me regarding larger story events, I wouldn't want my relationship with the roleplay to end on an ambiguous note.

Nevertheless, this roleplay's events have evolved into an intriguing affair. I am thoroughly appreciative of the creativity its plot will breathe into the Pokemon journey sandbox "sub-genre," if you will, in my wake. Please inform You-Know-Who, if he ever needs help balancing side characters, or is of wont of other assets, I'd be glad to oblige!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am abandoning the 'Bug Catching' quest as I don't think there will ever be a chance to finish it. Plus the way things are going in the story, it will be impossible to finish the quest at all.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I have reasons to post the following list of Pokemon in Route 30-31:

Kirinriki
Pikachu (Alternate)
Pidgey
Rattata
Kokona
Buku
Slowpoke
Hoothoot
Caterpie
Spinarak (Alternate)
Ledyba (Both Variants)
Hoppip
Bellsprout
Poliwag (Both Variants)

It's all yours.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
cassie_1_trans.png
poke_ball.png
CHIKO (HAPPA)♂ — Growl / Tackle / Razor Leaf / Counter
poke_ball.png
NICO (BUHI)♂ — Growl / Cut / Astonish / Thief

"Hopin' to see you again, hon."

FORMAL TITLE: Nurse Joy
BIRTH NAME: Carrie Filemont née Anayo Tohru

HOMETOWN: Viridian City, Kanto
PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Violet City, Johto

APPEARANCE: 4'9"; warm beige complexion; dyed-pink hair; thickly-applied makeup; broad forehead, heart-shaped head; gangly body type, jutting hips; dark, almond eyes; a sad smile.

PERSONALITY:
  • Critical thinker; emotional appealer.
  • Acute with a habit of analyzing others' dispositions.
  • Maternal. Personally invests in other people and oft finds herself involved in their going-ons.
  • Self-conscious, self-important. Holds herself to heightened standards of civility.

BACKSTORY:
  • Born to Mr. Anayo Kaido (Johto immigrant) and Mrs. Anayo Jin (Kanto origin), Viridian City.
  • Anayo Tohru oversees Mr. Anayo's assault by neighbors. Event inspires move to Vermillion.
  • Anayo Yasu is born to Mr. and Mrs. Anayo.
  • Internship at Silph Co. at 15.
  • Anayo Yasu is incarcerated at Golden Gate Juvenile Center.
  • Uncle Fujimoto Makoto suffers heart attack performing blue-collar factor labor; announced deceased.
  • Fall-out with Mr. and Mrs. Anayo. Leaves home at 18.
  • Joins indie programming team supervised by Masaki Sonezaki. Adopts residence in Cerulean City with coworkers.
  • Anayo Yasu is released from Golden Gate.
  • Anayo Tohru formally changes her name.
  • Drug experimentation introduces X-item dependency.
  • Anayo Yasu consigned to mental institute after suicide attempt.
  • Carrie Filemont leaves Masaki's team to pursue a biomedical degree.
  • Carrie Filemont discovered responsible for selling prototype Public Computer code to rival programming company.
  • Masaki retaliates with leaked info of sexual relationships with Filemot, as well as Filemont's drug abuse.
  • Filemont is expelled from the University of Pewter College of Medical Sciences.
  • Anayo Yasu is moved to Diamond Melody Mental Home in Goldenrod City.
  • Filemont finds employment as a Nurse Joy in the neighboring Johto region.
  • U.L.T.R.A. affiliate Professor Elm offers residence to Filemont in Violet City "without catching."

INVENTORY:
CENTER LICENSE
"BLUE CARD"
FOLDABLE BIKE
PERSONAL LAPTOP
MAKEUP CLUTCH
POKé GEAR - NOKICHU CELL MODE
WOODEN OFUDA
WORN SATCHEL
BLACK APRICORN x3
ODD TAG
DIRE HIT x2
GUARD SPEC x1
POTION x3
HEAL BALL x2

Last edited:
Reactions: Ech

johhny03

Cool guy
Years
HELLO! I am Johhny I am very interested in this EPIC Roleplay!!
I am apologizing for the mistake I had made by posting my interest in the wrong thread! I am sor sorry! I hope you are not angry! :(

johhny03

Cool guy
Years
I am very confused that I have got no response... :(
But then I saw title and I saw..... FULL
Now I understand, RP (Roleplay) is a full house!
It is an unfortunate circumstance however I am not too sad.
There are many more RPs(Roleplays) for me to join, so I am not a sad guy.
It is OK, I will join one of the many more RPs(Roleplays) there are for me to join.
Goodbye, I hope your roleplay will be a successful one!
(if anyone here is able to be able to help me improving my grammatical power in the English language I will be happy, :))

Back