• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: & Development: A table to keep track of compatibility and Who can test on real hardware.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
since the dawn of Pokémon hacking, there has always been one constant... Emulation, as we get to see more accurate come to the market of the downloadable hacker, we must ask ourselves... "Should we still use VisualBoy Advance?"... the answer is still yes, but we must also test for compatibility on other emulators and even, the original GBA hardware (or GBC for those Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal hacks) so, this thread is to cover two things at once, for one, who has original hardware to test past and even current hacks on?

and two, what are these hacks compatible with? Just VBA? just No$GBA? Original Hardware? These are the questions we must ask ourselves.

and for question number two, I have taken the liberty of making a chart which will hopefully document all, if not most of the Pokémon hacks we know of, and whether they work in various emulators and flash carts/Actual hardware.

if there is a compatibility issue for a hack in any circumstance, feel free to reply here using the following template

Name: (forum Username)
Hack: (Name of hack), (Link to hack)
hack played on: (Name your emulators and flashcarts here*)
Results: (use separate results for separate emulators/flashcarts+actual hardware here)
*Emulators and flashcarts are not all the same, different experiences happen, this one is to mitigate fraudulent "This hack doesn't work at all" replies that did not specify what emulator or flash cartridge they used to play said hack.

if you have actual hardware with a flashcart not on the list, I'd be glad to know what the flash cart is so I can put it on the list, but if you don't have a flash cart, an emulator can work just as well for compiling results.

Due to instant requests, here is an editable spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NHxwKR8W_MA0g0nxe4t5tCYAtOP9sS2_BM2yzcvbkxs/edit?usp=sharing

I trust no fraudulent claims will be made

If a hack was for R/B/G/Y or G/S/C, make sure you don't blank out the GBA listings just yet, if the hack is for a GBA game however, you may need to Black BG any and all non-GBA Game Boy (Color) Emulators

Edit: it came (back) to my attention that there is a GB/C emulator for GBA flashcarts, please list said emulator if possible if you used a GBC hack in a GBA flashcart.

I also need a link to the hack on the reply, preferably from this forum, so that I can test and verify the result for myself.

Last edited:
Back