• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Game Grumps Fan Club - WHAT IS THIS?!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This was the first VS with Jon that I have watched, so I was thinking he was doing it to be funny. It worked, though. He won that basketball thing and the way he was making Arin mad with his terrible responses were really funny.
I dunno, it seemed like legitimate confusion to me. I really think that he was concentrating on the game and that's why he didn't answer.

And, in regards to the discussion, I actually agree with Jon. Though I know he didn't mean that it would give Arin an advantage, I think that, because both of them played the game for the exact same amount of time, they started off on a level playing field. So, from there, what they learned was merely due to their exploration of the controls (which, from Arin's Megaman Sequalitis, you would think would give him an edge...Game Grumps tells a different story).

As such, I don't really see him as in the wrong. He just learned how to play the game by playing the game. And one thing I noticed when I rewatched not long ago, even without watching the second episode, is that Jon's power bar went up every time he landed in the middle. If Arin had even just looked, he would have figured it out.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
Years
Username: Professor_Jared
Favorite Grump: Arin Hanson (Egoraptor)
Favorite Series: Castlevania I with Arin and Jontron
Favorite One-Off:
Gundam Battle Assault (Big Zam)

As to why Arin is my favorite Game Grump, he made the Awesome series, the even more awesome Sequelitis series, formed the Star Bomb band with Danny, and he does wonderful, humorous impressions. Additionally Arin also has an awesome sense of humor, plus I have been a fan of his work even before Game Grumps started.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Username: mame
Favorite Grump: Dan
Favorite Series: Pokemon FireRed
Favorite One-Off: Lizzie McGuire 3: Homecoming Havoc

Let's party.

Username: Richard FightmasterFavourite Grump: Jon
Favourite series: Sonic 06
Favourite one off: Super Tennis

Username: Professor_Jared
Favorite Grump: Arin Hanson (Egoraptor)
Favorite Series: Castlevania I with Arin and Jontron
Favorite One-Off:
Gundam Battle Assault (Big Zam)

As to why Arin is my favorite Game Grump, he made the Awesome series, the even more awesome Sequelitis series, formed the Star Bomb band with Danny, and he does wonderful, humorous impressions. Additionally Arin also has an awesome sense of humor, plus I have been a fan of his work even before Game Grumps started.

Welcome to the club guys! It's always incredibly awesome to see more lovelies on PC! I'm a little bit tired right now so I'll update the OP a little bit later, but in the meantime here's a Barry gif!
Spoiler:

Anyways, glad to see people liked yesterday's Nickelodeon Guts episode! For today's episode, we're going to be flipping back to the Dan era with a personal favorite of mine (and I think some other people's) Wind Waker HD: Fresh Air - Part 19!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I dunno, it seemed like legitimate confusion to me. I really think that he was concentrating on the game and that's why he didn't answer.

And, in regards to the discussion, I actually agree with Jon. Though I know he didn't mean that it would give Arin an advantage, I think that, because both of them played the game for the exact same amount of time, they started off on a level playing field. So, from there, what they learned was merely due to their exploration of the controls (which, from Arin's Megaman Sequalitis, you would think would give him an edge...Game Grumps tells a different story).

I can understand Arin's pseudo-rage though, because Jon had me fooled into thinking that he actually had figured out how to play. I thought he was just trolling Arin the whole time haha. But even if Jon had actually known what he was doing, everything was still fair.

As such, I don't really see him as in the wrong. He just learned how to play the game by playing the game. And one thing I noticed when I rewatched not long ago, even without watching the second episode, is that Jon's power bar went up every time he landed in the middle. If Arin had even just looked, he would have figured it out.

That pretty much sums up why Jon did nothing wrong.

but in the meantime here's a Barry gif!
Spoiler:

hahaha wasn't that from the new Cliffhorse video?

Anyways, glad to see people liked yesterday's Nickelodeon Guts episode! For today's episode, we're going to be flipping back to the Dan era with a personal favorite of mine (and I think some other people's) Wind Waker HD: Fresh Air - Part 19!

D: I'll be skipping this episode because I'm actually currently playing Wind Waker for the first time and I want to avoid spoilers (I'm still early in the game)... But the I'm looking forward to watching the series after I beat the game and the first episode looked promising!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
So, I took a bit of a hiatus from Grep after Jon left, and Wind Waker was the second series I watched all the way through with Dan (Super Mario World being the first), and I gotta say, this episode was pretty important to me. While it's pretty cliche at this point to be like "oh, Grumps cheers me up when I'm down", it's still definitely true, and hearing Dan talk about the stuff he's gone through like that really made me see him as more than just "Not Jon". I'm actually watching the video for NSP's Let's Get This Terrible Party Started right now, and with it obviously having Dan, as well as it starring Jon and being directed by Arin, it makes me reflect on how this episode was a realization for me. A realization that Dan isn't worse, he's just different, and both styles of Grumps can be equally valid. Honestly, whenever I fantasize about Jon being back, I don't have Dan gone, I have the three (plus Ross and Barry) coexisting on both GimbleGramps and Steam Train. But yeah! Windwaker 19 is memorable and important because of that!

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
For today's episode discussion, we actually aren't going to pick one from the vault. Instead, Friday's are going to be dedicated towards the past week's episodes that the Grumps have bee playing. So that will include:
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Cliff Horse
  • Unturned
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
  • Mount Your Friends
So...thoughts on any of these series/one offs so far?

Wobbu

Years
Didn't Barry and Suzy both make their debut on Steam Train this week? I hope Steam Train will continue to feature all members of the Grumps in future episodes.

Super Mario 3D Land
Similar to the Wind Waker series, I'm holding off on watching this series because I plan on buying the game at some point in the future, so I want to avoid being spoiled of the levels.

Cliffhorse
I really liked the joke about how this would be Barry's first and last appearance on Steam Train because he picked Cliffhorse to be played haha. I'm not sure what exactly the game is about, other than running up and down steep hills, but the commentary was entertaining and made up for the dullness of the game. I was pretty much was just waiting for them to run out of bounds haha.

Unturned
I have only watched the first episode but I plan on watching the others. It was getting boring and repetitive imo, but I'm interested in what will happen during the daytime. I like how Arin's style of playing was bugging Ross haha, as he was trapping himself in buildings.

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Hmm... I watched the first five minutes of the first episode and stopped. I'll come back to it but this is one of those series when the game looks really lackluster. Hopefully it will be like King's Quest, in which the commentary more than makes up for the game.

Mount Your Friends
This was a strange game haha. The episode was ok but definitely deserving of just being a one-off. I didn't watch the end, so I don't know who won, but I do plan on finishing the last five minutes sometime soon.

Years
They're playing Mount Your Friends? That's just about the weirdest game I've ever seen, I need to go watch that! Er, when I get my headphones. Although I do think it should be just a one-off, then again there aren't exactly many games that last more than a single episode on Steam Rolled.

EDIT: Wow I'm dumb it's not Steam Rolled I was just confused because Suzy is in it. Carry on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Super Mario 3D WorldI love the competition between Arin and Dan. Arin's such a cocky douche when he wins, and Dan's just like "all right, I won, cool" and Arin just flips. It's hilarious. The Grep Miiverse posts are funny too.

Cliffhorse
I honestly didn't like this episode. As much as I do like Barry, the gameplay was INCREDIBLY boring, and the commentary never varied beyond "whoah, this game's so fun". I had trouble getting through this one.

Unturned
I tend to skip Ross/Arin episodes lately. My bad.

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
Oh god, love these. My favourite one was 4 or 5 (can't remember the episode number), where they had the discussion about selling garlic to people in real life... I was cry-laughing from the hilarity. Great series!

Mount Your Friends
Ech, do they REALLY have to bring in Suzy more often? Her ruining Table Flip and Steam Rolled isn't enough, they have to put her on Steam Train, too? She has literally made me laugh one time, and that was a joke during the Monster Hunter series, but one laugh is not enough to redeem the sheer amount of negative things. From her complete lack of skill at video games, to her better-than-you-all-because-I'm-Egoraptor's-wife attitude, to her killing any fun in Table Flip (like when Ross and Dan are goofing around and she's like "hey! We have a game to play!"), to her literally saying nothing funny or interesting in any episode with one small exception. God I hate her.

Sorry bout that...

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
A little bit late for today's video but it's a video nonetheless. An instant classic one-off if you've seen this before: Amazing Frog?!

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
Years
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest: Arin and Danny pretty much confirmed all of my suspicions about Simon's Quest being one of the most monotonous and unfair Castlevania games of all time.

Additionally, I have seen James Rolfe the AVGN play Castlevania 2 before, but Arin and Danny just make watching the game play of Simon's quest so much more fun with their jokes and own blend of humor, and I will admit they outdo the AVGN when it comes to humor, especially for Simon's Quest.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
Years
Amazing frog was amazing, especially because Dan had never seen anything like it before! Whenever I am introducing someone to Game Grumps I usually show them the Amazing Frog? episode.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Annnnnd flipping rapidly to a new episode to discuss for today, Nintendo Land: Facecam - Part 1!

For people who have seen this series, what did you think of it as a whole?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Whenever Jon and Arin compete, it makes me so happy. The Animal Crossing facecam was hilarious, but I kinda disliked their b****ing about Skyward Sword. I did quite enjoy this series though.

Wobbu

Years
I was expecting a tie from the Nintendo Land Animal Crossing game. It appeared that both of them were terrible at chasing the elephant haha, and I didn't expect Jon to even get one hit on Arin, let alone three during the last round.

Wobbu

Years
Yes. Ngl, I would've acted like Dan if I was in his shoes. But the fact that Arin knew what was going to happen, and that he used that knowledge to mess with Dan, made the video really funny haha. The game wasn't really that scary, as it turned out. There were two parts that got me:
Spoiler:

Back