• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Future Foundation -Dangan Ronpa Fanclub

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Really, Mikan? The entire time? Or just in the end? :p

All the way yes - it's because that she was potrayed as so different, yet manages to do a 360 is why I adored her.. it might sound weird, but, I thought she was pretty cute at the beginning, you know, those classic 'girls' from anime?

Theeeeen....

You know what happens. xD

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Ah.. you must be referring to the "baby talk" she spoke in the Let's Play, right?
Yeah, that's it. Does she talk the same way in the localized version of the game or did they change it a bit?

Years
All the way yes - it's because that she was potrayed as so different, yet manages to do a 360 is why I adored her.. it might sound weird, but, I thought she was pretty cute at the beginning, you know, those classic 'girls' from anime?

Theeeeen....

You know what happens. xD
Ahah, yes I kinda understand you, that's almost what happened with me and Nagito. You know, I hated Nagito in the beggining, being so "passive" and then in the middle of the 1st trial I went "o.o Ok... We have a favorite character here!"

Years
Yeah, that's it. Does she talk the same way in the localized version of the game or did they change it a bit?

Nope! In the western localization, there is no more "Elmuh Fudd Syndwome," thank goodness. It would have been despair-inducing to hear such speech patterns dubbed. (Though had it been, I guess I coulda switched to the original Japanese voices.)
MonomiA_(11).png

Reactions: Nah
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
Only played 2 however form the pics of the cast of 1 the original cast looks pretty dull compared to the cast of 2. Will give it a try and waiting for the anime dub which I have no idea how it will be done since Funi is doing it and I am guessing like the 2nd game the 1st was dubbed by Bangzoom.

Years
On the topic of the English voice actors, I think it's interesting that the same dude that voiced Makoto Naegi also voiced Nagito Komaeda.

Fun Fact: Nagito's voice actor also did the voice of Henry in Fire Emblem Awakening. (Similarly, the va for Mikan did the voice of Tharja. I find that especially entertaining since those two characters share similar traits...)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
On the topic of the English voice actors, I think it's interesting that the same dude that voiced Makoto Naegi also voiced Nagito Komaeda.
I think that they did that because in the Japanese versions of the games Megumi Ogata voiced both Naegi and Komaeda, so maybe they wanted to do the same kind of thing with the English versions too.

That and I swear Bryce Papenbrook is in everything lately.

-Rilou-

Lost One Weeping
Years
Name- -rilou-
Fav Character- nagito komaeda!
despite the fact that komaeda is probably the most insane in the series, i still love him to death!
Did you get freaked out over the ending of Danganronpa 2?: not really.. i still never finished the game.. oops.

Last edited:
Years
There hasn't been any activity here in a while...
tumblr_inline_mtm7t5EN0k1s839qr.gif

Uh let's see... Oh! You know what's something I've always wondered about? I am curious to know if Monokuma has any rule regarding a failed murder attempt where no one ends up dead after the encounter. For example, let's say that in Chapter 1 in the first game, Leon got away from Sayaka without killing her. Since there has yet to be any precedent, I wonder if Monokuma would have a punishment for failing your pre-determined murder, but remaining unscathed... I'm willing to bet he would.
tumblr_inline_mtm7tgeekY1s839qr.gif

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015

Uh let's see... Oh! You know what's something I've always wondered about? I am curious to know if Monokuma has any rule regarding a failed murder attempt where no one ends up dead after the encounter. For example, let's say that in Chapter 1 in the first game, Leon got away from Sayaka without killing her. Since there has yet to be any precedent, I wonder if Monokuma would have a punishment for failing your pre-determined murder, but remaining unscathed... I'm willing to bet he would.

But how would he know she was not lying or something?

Talking about DR 1 I just got the game due to a sale on the PSN. Fun game but doesn't have the charm DR2 has. At least to me. Maybe it is due to knowing who lives and dies.

Years

Hum... I think nothing would happen. In that case I think they would tie Leon somewhere like they did to Nagito in DR2. Poor Nagito. :(

Talking about DR 1 I just got the game due to a sale on the PSN. Fun game but doesn't have the charm DR2 has. At least to me. Maybe it is due to knowing who lives and dies.
Nah, I think besides Celes and Kirigiri (if we don't count with Junko) every DR2 character is better than DR1.

Years
But how would he know she was not lying or something?
Monokuma sees all with the surveillance cameras. Nothing is secret for the students. Even if he didn't witness the events, the class could probably deduce who instigated the fight with evidence like the note, signs of struggle at the scene, wounds, etc.

Hum... I think nothing would happen. In that case I think they would tie Leon somewhere like they did to Nagito in DR2. Poor Nagito. :(

Nah, I think besides Celes and Kirigiri (if we don't count with Junko) every DR2 character is better than DR1.
Awwh, that actually does seem much more probable than a punishment. I'm kinda disappointed.
5(240).png

Hrmm... who's to say they'd hate Leon for protecting himself without any lethal damage? In my opinion, there'd be no reason to be angry at him if he had managed to protect himself without ending up killing Sayaka. In that same thought, I always did feel kinda sorry that was how things ended up how they in the game for him... Monokuma had refrained mentioning that killing in self-defense would still mark you as the blackened. There are ways to incapacitate an attacker without using lethal force, but it can be tricky to use such calculated movements when you are in an adrenaline-pumping fight for your life and are running on pure instinct of do or die.

In the alternate event that Chapter 1 had ended without any deaths and the class was able to determine that Sayaka had plotted the murder, Monokuma probably would have just laughed and watched the tension that ensues between all the students upon finding out that the seemingly innocent idol had been the first to have murderous thoughts. What if they tied Sayaka up?!
5(239).png

I bet had Sayaka lived, foolish Naegi would still be in denial she was capable of attempting murder... Naive child...

Years
Hrmm... who's to say they'd hate Leon for protecting himself without any lethal damage? In my opinion, there'd be no reason to be angry at him if he had managed to protect himself without ending up killing Sayaka. In that same thought, I always did feel kinda sorry that was how things ended up how they in the game for him... Monokuma had refrained mentioning that killing in self-defense would still mark you as the blackened. There are ways to incapacitate an attacker without using lethal force, but it can be tricky to use such calculated movements when you are in an adrenaline-pumping fight for your life and are running on pure instinct of do or die.

In the alternate event that Chapter 1 had ended without any deaths and the class was able to determine that Sayaka had plotted the murder, Monokuma probably would have just laughed and watched the tension that ensues between all the students upon finding out that the seemingly innocent idol had been the first to have murderous thoughts. What if they tied Sayaka up?!
5(239).png

I bet had Sayaka lived, foolish Naegi would still be in denial she was capable of attempting murder... Naive child...
Ahah so true, Naegi would be dead if it wasn't for Alter Ego, he's not fit for a main character on that kind of story. I had way more fun playing as Hajime Hinata.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
Anyone excited for the dub of the anime?

Wonder how it will be done since the game was at Bangzoom and the dub of the anime is Funi, People say at the end of the anime they spoiled a DR2 anime but not sure if it is true since I can't see it online (trailer)

Years
Anyone excited for the dub of the anime?

Wonder how it will be done since the game was at Bangzoom and the dub of the anime is Funi, People say at the end of the anime they spoiled a DR2 anime but not sure if it is true since I can't see it online (trailer)

So if the dubbing is being done at a different studio, does that mean that different voice actors may be used? Or do they plan to use the same cast as the game dub? If that's the case I might rewatch the anime.

I was assuming they would make a DR2 anime cuz why else would they have Monomi pop in at the very end? (I forget what she even said.) But I've yet to hear any announcements.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
Name: なぎ
Favourite Character: Nagito Komaeda.
Freaked out at the DR2 Ending? it took me by surprise, but i wouldn't say freaked out.

do wrong theories count as spoilers?
Spoiler:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Oh yeah they're gonna dub the anime....forgot about them doing that. Pretty sure that they're gonna do an anime for the second game, there's no reason for them not to. I just hope they don't.....rush the story like they kinda did with the first one.

[
do wrong theories count as spoilers?
Spoiler:
I didn't know about the kana thing until later (since I can't read any Japanese at all), but that idea came into my head too at the beginning of the game, and was waiting for them to reveal that, but then it didn't happen....

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2015
I think if DR2 was 26 eps that would feel better. I am waiting for the dub to watch the first anime but am currently playing the game first since I heard the anime skips some stuff.

Back