• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roby's Battle Animations pack

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2016
Hello! This is the first time i post something here, i want to share with you my own battle animation pack i've created!

It includes fresh new animations (i made them on my own style, some of them are not similar to the original pokemon versions) and edited original ones, like Watergun.

the animation files come with their animation png files, and use the original sound files, already present in essentials (i use 1.6)
Update: added many new animations and tweaked old ones... again

Version 3.0
Changelog: added new animations (around 50) and fixed old ones
https://mega.nz/#!ZJlADIRa!ig8mzj7HdlWcq8v9AnkWMQdB4DPB5eyHFzfJcnbWnPU

OLD
Version 2.0
https://mega.nz/#!FRNzyYCS!O2YYHQep78EbwFXOW7JzwUq8ZLnPiBDCV1ErnENbTes
Version 1.0
https://mega.nz/#!MVsElZYR!TT0uF-DlYky7pLecBGf5vIwwwclAMDeJPwYC1S5N2VY

Soon i'll publish some screens!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 10, 2022
I'm so glad to see someone working on animations.

I think it would be a great idea making animations in a new way, so actually there are 18 types, why not creating 2 animations for each type? 1 for the physical moves, 1 for the specials and (maybe?) 1 for the status?

For example firepunch can be similar to the actual quick attack but with some flames. Fireblast, flamethrower (and all other fire specials) can be simply flames from pokemon A to pokemon B.

Pokemon Showdown has this type of animations, and I think it's the best idea ever. So every move will have its animation, don't worry if not unique like the original games.

I can't say this is a simple and quick work, but I think it's what Essentials really needs.

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
Years
I'm can't wait to get home and check out your work. I too have been working on animations for attack I have already improves some of the basic attack and added attacks as well .

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Awesome! Working on animations is a great idea. I really like yours (except maybe Pursuit and Wing Attack). The file "0001Water" is missing for the Water Gun animation though.

ReVaN777

Creator of Pokemon Titanium
Years
Awesome! Working on animations is a great idea. I really like yours (except maybe Pursuit and Wing Attack). The file "0001Water" is missing for the Water Gun animation though.

Awesome work Roby, i also was missing 0001Water. What I ended up doing is making a copy of the 00001Mixed witch is probably the same animation png he used. Worked fine. I was also not a big fan of wing and pursuit but the rest I didn't have and made my animation list for 294 to 321big help.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2016
Thank you everyone!
Yes, i foud that the animation sheet for watergun has the wrong name... In the next version everything will be fixed, for now simply edit my watergun and make it use "mixed" file!
In the next update i will create some new versions of my animations and many new ones ;)
If you find some sprites with cool animations and you think that they would be good to be used just tell me :D

Thanks for the feedback, i will have a look to pursuit and wing attack! (Sorry for double post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 10, 2016
Sorry for my mega noobness, but what is up with the .anm files in the same dir position of the animations folder? animations look great btw.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
How do I import them?

Copy-paste the .anm in the Pokémon Essentials folder.

Open the editor and select "Animations".

Import the .anm files one by one from there (be careful to create a new empty animation every time or you will erase the same animation again and again).

(There is an "Import all animations" option but I didn't manage to get it work).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2016
Hello there! soon i will add an update with 50 animations and an optional file with my animations data file, in order to let you install the pack without issues or without installing every single animation every time.

please let me know if everything is OK and stay tuned!

Hello! This is the first time i post something here, i want to share with you my own battle animation pack i've created!

It includes fresh new animations (i made them on my own style, some of them are not similar to the original pokemon versions) and edited original ones, like Watergun.

the animation files come with their animation png files, and use the original sound files, already present in essentials (i use 1.6)
Update: added many new animations and tweaked old ones... again

Version 3.0
Changelog: added new animations (around 50) and fixed old ones
https://mega.nz/#!ZJlADIRa!ig8mzj7HdlWcq8v9AnkWMQdB4DPB5eyHFzfJcnbWnPU

OLD
Version 2.0
https://mega.nz/#!FRNzyYCS!O2YYHQep78EbwFXOW7JzwUq8ZLnPiBDCV1ErnENbTes
Version 1.0
https://mega.nz/#!MVsElZYR!TT0uF-DlYky7pLecBGf5vIwwwclAMDeJPwYC1S5N2VY

Soon i'll publish some screens!

UPDATE 3.0 ONLINE

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
I tried the 9 new animations and they are looking great, good job and thanks for sharing!

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
awesome ty very much

can i use them at my games?

i can fully credit you. you want a link to your pokecommunity profile or where else?

my games are

www.pokemonpets.com and www.monstermmorpg.com

i already have animation system and yours can really improve it :)

an example

animation_pokemonpets_by_monstermmorpg-da27mw8.gif

Edit: actually i have seen many of yours on other sites

you sure you have composed all of these?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
Links not working anymore could you reupload somewhere else? or does anyone have a link that works?

Back