• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fire Ash

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
So.. I decided to give this a try because the main post made it sound quite ambitious, didn't expected to be so dissapointed.
I don't have much to say, so I'll just list every single thing that I personally think is wrong or weird with this game.

1) Poorly designed title screen
2) B/W Menu with a FR/LG In-Game appearance and HG/SS Textboxes.
3) Isn't this game supposed to be about Ash? Then why the heck do you let us choose a female character (Leaf)?
4) Useless PC, bed that you can walk over and lots of pointless.. diplomas? inside the Player's room.
5) The script with your Mom healing you looks clearly bad, not accurate at all with the rest of the Pok?mon Games.
6) Poorly designed and not interesting Pallet Town and dialogues, btw.
7) Oak calls you "Ash" even if you use Leaf (what the heck dude?).
8) You can't interact with basically anything compared to the rest of the Pok?mon Games.
9) The most incorrect/silly music selection ever for a game in the Kanto Region.
-R/S/E's PokeMart and Pok?mon Center music.
-Oak's Lab music for Pallet Town and Viridian City (what the heck dude?)
-Elm's Lab music for Oak's Lab
-R/S/E's Route 110's music for Route 1 (what the heck dude?)
-R/S/E's Rival music for the battle against Jesse & James (what the heck dude?)
-Essentials' default fanfare when winning a battle (and it doesn't even have a music to go along with it after it's over compared to the rest of the Pok?mon Games, once it's over there's just.. silence)
-Petalburg Woods' music for Viridian Forest
10) Silly map mistakes like these or this.

Seriously, the lack of attention to detail is astonishing.
Are there plans to properly polish it at some point?
Bit harsh it is a fan game not Nintendo's next Pokemon game

Reinhartmax Not Trying to complain but I fault I'll let you know about a bug when I battled misty before taking down drake on orange island she used all level 40s (which is fine) but then she sent out a level 9 poliwag is that a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Reinhartmax Not Trying to complain but I fault I'll let you know about a bug when I battled misty before taking down drake on orange island she used all level 40s (which is fine) but then she sent out a level 9 poliwag is that a bug?

No it's not a bug. It's going to show up in Johto and I don't want it to be over-leveled there.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
it would make sense the poliwag is so level since at that point it is her first new pokemon since she got Togepi.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Um wow I was taking by surprise with this that happened as I played this game. I was just running in the grass trying to level up my Pokemon and I ran into Ho-oh is that suppose to happened?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
I went tto the website link, it worked fine there,

Anyway after playing a few minutes I noticed a big glaring flaw. The game's maps are perfect I'll admit. But the dialogue is very very lacking. Sure its a fan game, its your right to make it how you want, but I honestly felt that the start of the game was very boring and went too fast. I suppose its a slight bias due tot he way the Ash Gray Hack was made to mirror the anime's dialogue a lot more but I honestly feel that my bias aside the anime's dialogue isnt followed closely enough.

Second, I was expecting at the very least a scene with HO-OH before going to Viridian City, even if the spearow attack wasnt displayed in the interest of time. That to this day is a vital part of Ash's story.

Also the team rocket battle in Viridian City just feels hastily done. Sure its the first battle but I hope the subsequent encounters with Jessie and James have more of an actual cinematic exchange, and certainly more dialogue than just the moto and then the battle. That was passable in the Yellow version of the first gen, but so much more can be done here. Granted the size of th egame itself could be a big part why you kept it so basic, and bare bones, and I can understand that, so hopefully there'll be changes in time.

Next, I feel that the music needs to be changed out. Some of the default RPGmaker music can work for certain events, like a legendary pokemon encounter, or for scene in any of the pokemon movie parts of the game (if the movies are represented, which the first one I know has to be what with Mewtwo and all) but I was hoping to hear standard pokemon game music for pokemon battle sand trainer battles. Heck perhaps even using the anime soundtrack for certain points. But thats just me.

Lastly for some of Ash's pokemon there should be an interactable entity on the overworld to ensure you get the right one. This would be especially necessary for his shiny Noctowl later on and Heracross for that matter. The issue of event scripting will be kinda necessary for other pokemon Ash has collected such as the ones he has gotten from eggs and what not. I also cant help but notice caterpie are rarer than beedril in Viridian Forest which is very odd to me.

Overall due to the ambitious nature of this game, I give it a solid 3/5. I will continue playing the game without any issue, but I highly reccomend updating this game at some point to improve upon it. I however still like what you've done, there's not enough anime style games out there.

I think you should catch ho oh- and make a story time line based on that, that would shock everyone that played the game, getting ho-oh right off the bat

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
no, even if HO-OH were level 1 it would be overpowered for a new game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 14, 2017
how do I know that I am playing the most updated version of the game? I have been using the .exe file via wineskin. When I am in battle there is no music?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 27, 2017
Small bug I noticed as I was playing, each time you come back to Pallet Town after finishing a league, Mr. Mime is a Groudon, for some reason.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
how do I know that I am playing the most updated version of the game? I have been using the .exe file via wineskin. When I am in battle there is no music?
The latest version of the game should be on the website or linked at the beginning of this thread. Just redownload it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Small bug I noticed as I was playing, each time you come back to Pallet Town after finishing a league, Mr. Mime is a Groudon, for some reason.

Are you using the most recent version of the game? The bug was fixed but there still might be problems in the most recent version.

Back