The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
The Time Warp Challenge

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old March 27th, 2018 (11:20 PM). Edited May 14th, 2018 by Ahri.

Nature: Timid
The Time Warp Challenge

Backstory
You are a Pokemon Trainer living in the 30th century. You are passionate about history and time travel. You wish you could travel through time and witness grand events from the past with your own eyes. However, a Time Travel License is not something many can afford. To top it all off, you are also aware of the dangers that can arise when time traveling.

One fateful day, you receive an invitation to a scientific convention on the very topic that your mind is so set upon: time travel. Sources say that a new model of the Time Machine is to be unveiled. You arrive at the convention early and decide to take a stroll through the exhibit, checking the various gadgets and pieces of machinery on display. Towards the end of the room, you spot the one thing you've only seen on your communication and entertainment devices before: the new Time Machine.

Unable to contain your excitement, you just about dash towards the strange device. Struck by awe, you reach out your hand and touch the cold, shiny metal. As if drawn by an invisible force, you renounce any sense of reason and, next thing you know, you're seated inside the strange contraption. Your hands begin tracing all the buttons and levers excitedly.

Before you know it, a teal light surrounds the Machine as the various screens and dials light up. The door locks automatically and a slightly metallic voice announces that the device is ready for travel. Before you can react, you are blinded by the same teal light and lose consciousness.

When you come to, you realize that you're not at the convention anymore. In fact, what was once a building is now just a clearing in a wooded area. You push the door open and jump out of the Machine to discover that, not only did you travel through time, you also seem younger. You look around in amazement for a few moments then turn back towards the device that brought you here. It seems that you won't be able to travel back home due to the Machine's cooldown system. After a brief moment of introspection, you decide to take a better look at this new place your fate brought you to.

What will you find in this new (old) world?

General Rules
You may only trade in order to evolve your Pokemon.
Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are not allowed.
Ultra Beasts are not allowed.
Hacking/cheating is not allowed.
[Emergency Supplies][For eras that ban the use of PokeMarts] You may buy Pokeballs for the purpose of catching HM buddies. You may purchase 10 Full Restores and 10 Max Revives prior to facing the Elite Four.
[Lucky Strike] You may use the Game Corner in any game in order to obtain Pokemon or TMs but you may only purchase 40% of the coins required for your desired prize. You must earn the rest by using the mini games provided by each Game Corner. [NOT applicable to Mobster Mania]
The challenge ends when you defeat the Champion in the game of your choice. [Defeat Red in all the Johto games, Steven in Emerald, AZ in X/Y]

Please make sure to read the FAQ prior to starting your challenge as it contains the most common questions I have been asked so far. If you still have questions after reading it, I'll happily answer any of them. Thank you. (this is NOT a rule, it's just a request)

Jurassic Jam
Era Types: , Pokemon based on Reptiles.
Mandatory Pokemon: [Any fossil Pokemon available in your game]
Banned Types: , cute looking types.
Era Rules: There's no such thing as Markets or Currency so you must rely only on items you find/ are given.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add types to your team.

Ice Age
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Lapras
Johto: Piloswine
Hoenn: Walrein
Sinnoh: Mamoswine
Unova: Beartic
Kalos: Avalugg
Alola: Alolan Ninetales/ Alolan Sandslash
Banned Types:
Era Rules: There are no PokeMarts so you are restricted to items that you find/ are given.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add types to your team.

Stone Age
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon: Choose between the following in accordance to your chosen Generation/ game: Graveler (Golem)/ Marowak/ Relicanth/ Mamoswine/ Darmanitan/ Carbink/ Alolan Graveler (Golem)
Banned Types:
Era Rules: You may only use Berries/ Herbs and any items you can find/ are given. There are no shops and there is no currency.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add types (with the exception of Bronzor, Klink, Klefki and their respective evolutions) and types to your team.

Bronze Age
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto, Johto, Kalos, Alola: Any Pokemon from the Mineral Egg group
Hoenn: Bronzong or Any Pokemon from the Mineral Egg group (if playing Generation 3 games)
Sinnoh, Unova: Bronzong
Banned Types:
Era Rules: Trade posts are few and far between. You may only use shops every three towns/cities/villages.

Egyptian Era
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Arbok/ Golbat/ Persian
Johto: Heracross/ Espeon
Hoenn: Delcatty/ Dusclops
Sinnoh: Lucario/ Drapion
Unova: Liepard/ Krookodile/ Cohagrigus
Kalos: Meowstic/ Heliolisk
Alola: Salazzle/ Alolan Persian
Banned Types:
Era Rules:
Sphinx Rule- At least half of your Pokemon can not have a visible nose.
Slave rule- You are a slave building a pyramid. You have no money. You may only use things you find/ are given.

Ancient India
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Arbok
Johto: Noctowl
Hoenn: Altaria
Sinnoh: Medicham
Unova: Swanna/ Bouffalant
Kalos: Pyroar
Alola: Decidueye
Banned Types:
Era Rules: Before every major battle (Gym, Trial) you must make an offering to the Devas. Give up(Sell) 80% of your consumables and pray for success.

Ancient Greece
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Raichu
Johto: Houndoom
Hoenn: Absol
Sinnoh: Empoleon
Unova: Durant
Kalos: Talonflame
Alola: Primarina
Banned Types:
Era Rules: The threads of fate bind you. You must keep your starter in the first slot of your party the entire challenge and must not let it faint.

Ancient Rome
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Arcanine
Johto: Hitmonchan
Hoenn: Armaldo
Sinnoh: Empoleon
Unova: Conkeldurr/ Escavalier
Kalos: Aegislash
Alola: Lycanroc
Banned Types:
Era Rules: Your legions never back away from any challenge. Play the game in "Set" mode. You are not allowed to run away in wild encounters. You may not buy Repels but you are allowed to use the ones you find.

Medieval Era
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Beedril/ Golem/ Machoke
Johto: Scizor/ Skarmory/ Foretress
Hoenn: Ludicolo/ Aggron/ Armaldo
Sinnoh: Bastiodon/ Kricketune/ Gallade
Unova: Escavalier/ Bisharp/ Gothielle
Kalos: Aegislash/ Gogoat/ Talonflame/ Noivern
Alola: Turtonator/ Kommo-o/ Decidueye
Banned Types:
Era Rules: You are allowed to use markets and herb shops but you must trade and bargain(sell something in order to buy something).
(Optional) King Arthur- Your team must be based on Arthurian Characters.

Age of Discovery
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Lapras
Johto: Sunflora
Hoenn: Tropius
Sinnoh: Torterra
Unova: Archeops/ Sigilyph
Kalos: Barbaracle
Alola: Toucannon
Banned Types:
Era Rules: You are an eager explorer. You may not move on to the next area until you've explored everything that you could possibly explore in any given route/ town. (i.e. check every cave, patch of grass, house etc.)

Renaissance Era
Era Types: (only cute ones), types from the Fairy Egg Group
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Ditto
Johto: Smeargle
Hoenn: Masquerain/ Beautifly
Sinnoh: Chatot/ Roserade
Unova: Musharna
Kalos: Vivillon/ Florges/ Aromatisse (Y Exclusive)
Alola: Primarina/ Comfey/ Oricorio (except Pom-Pom Style)
Banned Types:
Era Rules: You may use any market (like Slateport Market)/ herb shop and may only use Department Stores to purchase TMs.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add and types to your team.

The Pirate Golden Age
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Kingler
Johto: Kingdra (or Seadra)
Hoenn: Crawdaunt or Sharpedo
Sinnoh: Weavile
Unova: Basculin
Kalos: Dragalgae/ Clawitzer/ Malamar
Alola: Carbominable/ Toxapex
Banned Types:
Era Rules:
Ship Rule- One Pokemon in your team must be designated as your vessel. This Pokemon is the only one that can and must learn Surf. Optionally, name this Pokemon like you would a ship.
(Optional) Alliance Rule~ only choose one:
Pirate- As a pirate, the rules don't apply to you. Choose one allowed type and swap it for a non-banned type.
Navy- You have been given orders to catch the pirates by any means necessary. Switch one allowed type and one banned type with each other.

Industrial Revolution
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Dugtrio
Johto: Steelix (or Onix)
Hoenn: Hariyama
Sinnoh: Bibarel
Unova: Conkeldurr
Kalos: Klefki
Alola: Alolan Dugtrio/ Incineroar
Banned Types:
Era Rules:
Wages Rule- Your wages are small. You may not use the Amulet Coin and you may not sell items with no function other than selling (such as Nuggets).
Danger Rule- Work is dangerous. Play in "Set" mode rather than "Shift".

Westward Expansion
Era Types: (except for those in the Fairy Egg Group, any Bovine, Equine or Deer Pokemon (such as Tauros, Rapidash, Stantler etc.)
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Rapidash/ Tauros
Johto: Onix/ Miltank
Hoenn: Nosepass/ Tauros
Sinnoh: Rotom (no forms allowed)/ Probopass
Unova: Sandile/ Timburr (or evolved forms)/ Bouffalant
Kalos: Diggersby
Alola: Mudsdale/ Komala
Banned Types:
Era Rules: You may only use PokeMarts after cashing in Nuggets and/or other items that you found.

The Progressive Era
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Eevee or one of its evolutions.
Johto: Scyther/Scizor or Onix/Steelix
Hoenn: A Pokemon with Pick Up ability.
Sinnoh: Evolution of an earlier Generation Pokemon (Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon, Lickilicky)
Unova: Simsage/ Simsear/ Simpour
Kalos: Sylveon
Alola: Mimikyu/ Alolan Exeggutor
Banned Types:
Era Rules:
(Optional for Generation 2 onwards)Women's Suffrage- All your Pokemon have to be Female.
Efficiency Movement- You must pick up any item you come across.
Eliminate Corruption- You must sell lower grade items for at least 1 better grade item.

Mobster Mania
Era Types: , any Pokemon with a blade-like appendage
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Gengar (Haunter)
Johto: Crobat
Hoenn: Sableye
Sinnoh: Toxicroak/ Hochkrow(Diamond Exclusive)
Unova: Scrafty
Kalos: Pangoro/ Malamar
Alola: Salazzle/ Alolan Raticate
Banned Types: , any cute Pokemon
Era Rules: Greed is a terrible thing. Your leading Pokemon must always hold the Amulet Coin. You must buy at least one of every item offered at the PokeMart.
High Roller- To obtain Game Corner prizes, you may only buy coins in order to use them to gamble and can only buy more if you run out.

The Sci-Fi Like Future
(the Time Machine didn't work)
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon: Magnezone (or lesser evolutions)
Banned Types:
Era Rules: You have complete freedom to use PokeMarts but, once better items are unlocked, you are not allowed to buy lesser quality items anymore.

The Post- Apocalyptic Scenario
Era Types: , any Pokemon with a base defense equal to or greater than 115.
Mandatory Pokemon: One tough looking type Pokemon
Banned Types: , Pokemon from the Human-Like Egg Group
Era Rules:
Salvage Rule- The shops have been destroyed for the most part so there's very little supplies left. You may only scavenge for (buy) the lowest grade items available (i.e. Potions, Pokeballs, Antidotes etc.)
Zombie Rule- At least one of your Pokemon must know the move "Bite".
Left 4 Dead Rule- You are only allowed to use PokeCenters when you arrive in a town for the first time, in order to create a checkpoint. If one of your Pokemon faints, you may not use the PokeCenter until your entire team faints.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add and types to your team.

Time Rift
Era Types:
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Alakazam (Kadabra)
Johto: Girafarig (Wobbuffet in Crystal)
Hoenn: Solrock/ Lunatone
Sinnoh: Chimeco
Unova: Sigilyph
Kalos: Trevenant/ Gourgeist
Alola: Bewear/ Oranguru/ Dhelmise
Banned Types:
Era Rules: You must use a main team throughout your challenge. This main team is the team you use to beat Kahunas, the Elite Four and the Champion.
Lost- Every time you reach a Badge/Trial, choose an Era. You may choose a type and a rule from said Era to use until you beat the next Gym. Eras may not be repeated (you may repeat Eras in Johto if you run out of choices).

Sign-Up

If you wish to take part in this challenge, please fill the following form:
Username*:
Game:
Era:

* Please use your Pokecommunity name as your Username.
Spoiler:
Username: Ahri
Game: Pokemon Platinum
Era: Mobster Mania

Challengers
Spoiler:
Ahri- Platinum- Mobster Mania
Lrachelr5- Soul Silver- Pirate Golden Age
Zemanahrad- Ultimate- Industrial Era- Johto, Hoenn, Unova
Swagroar- Platinum- Pirates Golden Age
Cymry- Ultra Sun- Ancient Greece
CodeHelmet- Yellow- Discovery Age

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Digital Waffle- Fire Red- Jurassic Jam
Disturb Not The Harmony- Blue- Bronze Age
CodeHelmet- Yellow- Pirates Golden Age

FAQ
What about types not mentioned in my era of choice?

Types that are not mentioned in your particular era are all off limits. You may, however, use dual types that have one type in your "era type" category and one type not on either of the two lists (era type & banned type). Dual types containing one allowed type and one banned type are not allowed.

Some of the Mandatory Pokemon share types with my "banned types"/ are "banned types". What do I do?

Mandatory Pokemon were chosen as representatives for certain features/ landmarks/ events/ personalities/ characteristics of each particular era (most notable example being Honchcrow for Mobster Mania despite the fact that Flying types are banned.

What IS a Mandatory Pokemon?

See the question above. Mandatory Pokemon have to be part of your team by the time you are ready to enter the Hall of Fame. I tried my best to choose Pokemon that are available pre-Elite Four for every Generation.

There are no Fairy Types in pre-Generation 6 games. What do I do?

If you are playing through a Generation prior to Generation 6 and your chosen Era has "Fairy" as one of the Era types, you may use any Pokemon that gains the Fairy typing in Generation 6 (such as Clefairy, Mawile, Marill, etc.). If said Pokemon are dual-type, make sure their other typing is not on the "Banned Types" list.

Can I do an Ultimate run?

Yes, of course. There's two types of Ultimate runs associated with the Time Warp challenge. The first type is playing through every Era and the second type is playing through the same Era in all 7 generations.

Some of these Era rules seem too hard to uphold. Can you make it any easier?

The Era rules take into account the various time periods you're supposedly playing through. I feel the rules are ok the way they are. It's a challenge after all.

You didn't add "insert Era name here". Will it be added in the future?

If you click on the tiny link at the bottom of this post, you'll end up on the old thread which shows the "Credits" section for this challenge. Some Eras were added with help from our lovely community. If you have any ideas, drop me a Private Message any time.

I don't agree with "insert Pokemon name here" being a representative for "insert Era name here". Can you change it?

Some of the Eras were pretty difficult in terms of selecting Pokemon for as there just didn't seem to be anything representing exactly what I wanted to convey. If you have any better suggestions, I'm all ears. Just drop me a PM/VM any time.

WOW! This challenge is HUGE! Pretty awesome though!

Hehe. Thank you. When I took over, originally, there were only three Eras. I managed to expand it, first with help from the community and second, by adding a few Eras on my own as I was reposting the thread. I'm happy to see it getting praise.

Old thread containing Credits & Whatnot

If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

Old March 28th, 2018 (2:53 PM).
57 61 66 66 6C 65

Nature: Lax
    Hello, I'd like to participate!

Username: Digital Waffle
    Game: Fire-Red
    Era: Jurassic Jam

Depending on how this goes I might make it an Ultimate , although I'm not particularly sure about what do with Gen IV - V
    Old March 28th, 2018 (3:20 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Waffle View Post
    Hello, I'd like to participate!

Username: Digital Waffle
    Game: Fire-Red
    Era: Jurassic Jam

Depending on how this goes I might make it an Ultimate , although I'm not particularly sure about what do with Gen IV - V

Added you to the challengers list. And you can just do the other type of Ultimate which is playing through every era if you lack certain games. Or well, use Emulators I suppose ^^

Old March 29th, 2018 (3:30 AM). Edited March 29th, 2018 by Swagroar.

Nature: Quiet
    WOW, I'm glad this got an overhaul! Although will the Champions from the previous thread not be included? Because I know in the previous thread, I completed Medieval Era twice (Black 2 Challenge Mode in 2014 and Omega Ruby in 2015), although I would kinda get if old completions wouldn't be included in this revamp. And for that matter, I know that when I was doing it in Black 2 you did say that you can treat Pokemon like Azumarill as Fairy-type in pre-3DS era games, so if that still rings true that should probably be mentioned for clarification.

And for Stone Age, remember how I asked about not being able to buy anything period? Well, it says "Berries/ Herbs and any items you can find/ are given", and I did that challenge on Black on another forum, thinking that herbs are excluded from the "can't buy" rule, so I did buy herbs and don't want to submit it if I would be dishonest about buying those when they're not allowed.

That aside, I like these revamps and new additions! Hopefully I'll try one of these new ones down the road. Also, for Ancient Rome, I take it that means no Repels, either? (Geez I know I'm asking a lot of questions but there are things I want to make sure of)
    Old March 29th, 2018 (8:23 AM).
    57 61 66 66 6C 65

Checking in! 3 badges done - getting that game corner mon took an eternity - but we're ready to go.

Spoiler:

- Withdrew the Potion from the PC
      - Obtained Malfoy the male Charmander
      - Beat Pokemon Rival Pancake

- Trained Malfoy up a bit by burning down everything in its path on the forest
      - Defeated Gym Leader Brock, obtaining TM 39
      - Malfoy evolved

- Got the Running Shoes
      - Obtained the Helix Fossil Praise Helix

- Obtained Scylla the female Magikarp
      - After quite a while Scylla evolved
      - Defeated Gym Leader Misty, obtaining TM 06

- Obtained HM 01 Cut
      - Defeated Gym Leader Lt. Surge, obtaining TM 34
      - Dragon Types are now unlocked

- Obtained Norbert the female Dratini

Team:
      Norbert the female Dratini, Level 22
      Ability: Shed Skin
      ~ Shock Wave
      ~ Dragon Rage
      ~ Thunder Wave
      ~ Twister

Scylla the female Gyarados, Level 35
      Ability: Intimidate
      ~ Bite
      ~ Dragon Rage
      ~ Secret Power
      ~ Water Pulse

Malfoy the male Charmeleon, Level 34
      Ability: Blaze
      ~ Scratch
      ~ Aerial Ace
      ~ Flamethrower
      ~ Metal Claw
      Old March 29th, 2018 (11:12 AM).

Nature: Gentle
      Username: LRachelR5
      Game: SoulSilver
      Era: Pirate Golden Age
      Optional Rule: Navy I am going to swap Bug type with Ghost type

VPP: yet to hatch. Raise one for yourself at VPP
      Old March 29th, 2018 (7:49 PM). Edited March 29th, 2018 by Ahri.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Swagroar View Post
      snip
      Because this is a new thread/ a revamp, I decided to have a fresh start which is why I didn't move any of the old Champions over. I wasn't trying to disregard people's accomplishments, I just felt that Time Warp needed a completely fresh start.

As for the whole "herbs and berries" business on Stone Age, the rulesays you may USE only herbs and berries and items that you find/are given. It doesn't say anything about you being allowed to BUY them. Guess I'll clarify that in the rules because there's no buying in the Stone Age either.

See, I completely forgot about the Fairy type business so I'm glad some of the old veterans stuck around to remind me. I'll add it in the FAQ.

You were also correct in the assumption that you're not allowed to buy Repels in Ancient Rome. I'll clarify that in the rules.

Oh and what other forum did you complete Time Warp on? I'm curious now >_>

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lrachelr5 View Post
      Username: LRachelR5
      Game: SoulSilver
      Optional Rule: Navy I am going to swap Bug type with Ghost type
      Will add you to the challengers list in a minute ^^

Old March 30th, 2018 (1:05 PM). Edited March 31st, 2018 by Digital Waffle.
      57 61 66 66 6C 65

Do~one.

I think I'll go for the Ultimate - all generations with this era -, although I might have to do some of them outside of order (and they might not all be as speedy as this one).

Spoiler:

- Got the Silph Scope
        - Beat Pokemon Rival Pancake (Lavender Tower)
        - Malfoy evolved
        - Norbert evolved
        - Obtained the Pokéflute
        - Beat Gym Leader Erika, obtaining TM 19

- Got HM 02 Fly
        - Got HM 03 Surf
        - Got HM 04 Strength
        - Beat Gym Leader Koga, obtaining TM 06

- Revived Lady Helix, the female Omanyte (all hail)
        - Beat Pokemon Rival Pancake (Silph Corp)
        - Beat Rocket Boss Giovanni
        - Obtained a Master Ball, shame it's pretty useless by now :T
        - Beat Gym Leader Sabrina, obtaining TM 04

- Lady Helix evolved
        - Beat Gym Leader Blaine, obtaining TM 38
        - Got dragged to Sevii Islands by Bill, ugh
        - Beat Gym Leader Giovanni, obtaining TM 26
        - Beat Pokemon Rival Pancake (Rt. 22)

- Norbert evolved
        - Beat Elite Four Lorelei
        - Beat Elite Four Bruno
        - Beat Elite Four Agatha
        - Beat Elite Four Lance

- Beat Pokemon Champion Pancake

END OF CHALLENGE

Team:
        Lady Helix the female Omastar, level 57
        Ability: Swift Swim
        - Surf
        - Ancient Power
        - Mud Shot
        - Bite

Norbert the female Dragonair, Level 60
        Ability: Inner Focus
        ~ Brick Break
        ~ Dragon Claw
        ~ Surf
        ~ Wing Attack

Scylla the female Gyarados, Level 57
        ~ Dragon Dance
        ~ Earthquake
        ~ Strength
        ~ Surf

Malfoy the male Charmeleon, Level 57
        Ability: Blaze
        ~ Strength
        ~ Fly
        ~ Flamethrower
        ~ Steel Wing

Just in case anybody cares, here are my final thoughts about the challenge:
        Spoiler:

It was ... interesting. Ultimately it wasn't that far off from a monotype, or even a monocolor and I predict that as the generations go by it'll be mostly water types a' coming. I usually keep smaller parties of like 2 ~ 3 Pokémon and the extra experience sinkhole(s) kinda tripped me a little bit because I meant that now I'm getting even with curve / underlevelled which means I had to grind.

Which as we all know is not the most pleasant experience so I guess I'll run with fewer Pokémon next time around?

Omastar was the revelation for me, being surprisingly useful; it'd probably be even more useful if I had bothered to go back to Rock Tunnel for some Rock Slide.

Dragonite was surprisingly meh given its pseudolegendary status. It did deal with Lance beautifully so it did its job but it was kinda ehhh. Dratini and Dragonair weren't exactly the most reliable mons depending on Dragon Rage to kill most things.

And some doubts for Ahri:
        • There is, surprisingly enough, one available fossil Pokémon in GSC; it does however involve an in-game trade (in Kanto) for a Chansey. Do we need to go through all the trouble of trying to get a Chansey, to trade it for an Aerodactyl that far into the game?
        • Can I use stuff my Mom buys for me in Johto or is that considered "buying" things?
        • In Generation IV, the only way to get a fossil is through random processes (Rock Smashing in HGSS/ Underground Digging in DPP). Is this necessary? Because this seems potentially very time consuming and not exactly very fun.
        • According to Bulbapedia the only way to get fossils in Sun / Moon is to buy them, and yet the rules say "No commerce"; is buying one of the fossils necessary?
        Old March 31st, 2018 (9:58 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Digital Waffle View Post
        Do~one.

I think I'll go for the Ultimate - all generations with this era -, although I might have to do some of them outside of order (and they might not all be as speedy as this one).

And some doubts for Ahri:
        • There is, surprisingly enough, one available fossil Pokémon in GSC; it does however involve an in-game trade (in Kanto) for a Chansey. Do we need to go through all the trouble of trying to get a Chansey, to trade it for an Aerodactyl that far into the game?
        • Can I use stuff my Mom buys for me in Johto or is that considered "buying" things?
        • In Generation IV, the only way to get a fossil is through random processes (Rock Smashing in HGSS/ Underground Digging in DPP). Is this necessary? Because this seems potentially very time consuming and not exactly very fun.
        • According to Bulbapedia the only way to get fossils in Sun / Moon is to buy them, and yet the rules say "No commerce"; is buying one of the fossils necessary?
        There's a few routes where you can hunt for a Chansey. Sure, the encounter rate is low but rules are rules.
        Yes, you can use the stuff your Mom buys for you in Johto since technically, YOU didn't buy those items.
        I never had trouble obtaining fossils in The Underground in Sinnoh. And Gen 4 Johto fossils aren't all that rare either. The fastest way to get them is to go to the Ruins of Alph and smash some rocks. Doesn't sound THAT time consuming to me.
        And feel free to buy them in Sun/Moon as well since obtaining Mandatory Pokemon generally overrides certain rules.

Oh and I'll add you to the champions list when I get home in the morning.

Old April 14th, 2018 (5:04 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
        Username: Zemanahrad
        Game: One from each gen, because I'll be doing Ultimate run
        Era: Industrial Era

I'll probably start with Sacred Gold (493 hack of Heart Gold) if this type of hacks is okay.
        Old April 15th, 2018 (3:41 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
        Username: Zemanahrad
        Game: One from each gen, because I'll be doing Ultimate run
        Era: Industrial Era

I'll probably start with Sacred Gold (493 hack of Heart Gold) if this type of hacks is okay.

Will add you to the list when I get home. And yeah, hacks like Sacred Gold are allowed.

Old April 21st, 2018 (5:11 AM). Edited April 24th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Sacred Gold

CHAPTER 1 - Zeman Twist

Well, finally got Sacred Gold working and I started it right away. I would say, everything is SET wink, wink...
        My employer sent me to prof. Elm. He need help with some eggs... I'M SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH HEAVY MACHINERY, NOT SOME EGGS! Anyway, I took Cyndaquil as my starter, named him Spyro. I know these games are hard, so I trained him to lvl 10 right away in first few patches of grass. Then I finally set up to Mr. Pokémon.
        Hey, there's Cynthia waiting there and I got free Eevee. I'm going to use you my dear... let's call him Sei. And I trained him to level 10 as well.
        Some red-haired kid worker wanted to battle with me, but had no chance againts my Adaptability Eevee's Tackle.
        My employer, also known as Mum, decided to take all my money from my journey. She also said that I should look for new kid workers for her factory.
        Now I can finally catch Pokémon, so I went to Route 46 to catch Phanpy, but ended up with Houndour. Welcome to the team, Fanga.
        And with that I got to Violet City. I cleared Sprout Tower and got Water Stone to evolve Sei into Vaporeon. This is probably earliest I ever evolved something with stone. And Sei learned Water Gun at level 13, so it was good call.
        My team was Sei at level 14 and Fanga and Spyro at level 15 when I challenged the Gym. Everything seemed good, until Chatot showed up. It beat both Sei and Fanga with Uproar, before finally falling to Spyro, but Spyro lost right after that to Pidgeotto.
        I trained a little bit more until level 20 and challenged Gym again. It was still hard, but I won in the end.
        Next Route was pain to get through because all the Grass and Electric-types, but I got to the Union Cave where I caight 2 new members of my team - Onix (Naill) and Aron (Paul). And with that I saved my game.

Team

Spyro, Bold Male Quilava
        lvl 24, Flash Fire
        - Flame Wheel
        - Leer
        - SmokeScreen
        - Quick Attack

Sei, Impish Male Vaporeon
        lvl 21, Hydration
        - Water Pulse
        - Bite
        - Quick Attack
        - Sand-Attack

Fanga, Hardy Female Houndour
        lvl 21, Early Bird
        - Ember
        - Roar
        - Smog
        - Bite

Naill, Lonely Male Onix
        lvl 21, Sturdy
        - Rock Throw
        - Screech
        - Bind
        - Rage

Paul, Bashful Male Aron
        lvl 20, Rock Head
        - Metal Claw
        - Iron Defense
        - Headbutt
        - Mud-Slap
        Old April 21st, 2018 (7:08 AM). Edited April 23rd, 2018 by Swagroar.

Nature: Quiet
        To answer your question, I did Stone Age on the Azurilland forums for their Azurilland Plays when they did BW. But again, that was before I knew that there was no currency period and thought that herbs were an exception. But I digress. Here's another one for me to have a shot at!

Username: Swagroar
        Game: Platinum. Might expand to an Ultimate later but for now this is what I'll do
        Era: Pirate Golden Age. Navy, swap Fighting for Rock EDIT: I've decided after thinking it through carefully that I'm not gonna use either of the extra rules and that's final. There are some Pokemon I'd like to try out throughout this and the Rock-types aren't among them.

Thanks!
        Old April 23rd, 2018 (6:44 PM).
        Just your average Spaceball

Username: CodeHelmet
          Game: Yellow
          Optional: Navy. Swapping out Dark(since it doesn’t exist) for Electric(since I want my starter).

Also an off the cuff question but for Yellow version, can we use our mandatory starter to catch an approved type before boxing our furry little rodent in Eras where Electric isn’t allowed? Also, regarding Ancient Greece, would Pikachu be ok if it’s Yellow version seeing as I don’t feel like trading it to evolve it(and I like it following me around).
          Old April 24th, 2018 (2:11 PM). Edited May 4th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.

Update#1: Brock and Misty
            Spoiler:
            Started my Pirate Journey with my trusted partner...

Ketchup level 5

Although he hasn't been tamed yet(he bites), we've become good friends. Our rival in..

Gary *Its Gary Mother***** Oak*

He received...

Eevee level 5

and challenged us to a battle wherein we won by the luck of a Tail(overuse of Tail Whip that is). After reaching Viridian City, we added a partner to our crew by recruiting Patches.

Patches
            level 4

After a bit of training in Viridian Forest, we met our next challenge in Brock. *cue music* music

Brock

vs.

Tom Ato *Get the joke?*

Brock sends out....

Geodude level 10

Tom Ato sends out....

Ketchup *Careful he bites*
            level 15

Proceeded to use Double Team x 6, avoiding Geodude's Tackle for the rest of the battle. Then did Tail Whip x 6 to whittle down his Defense before finishing him off after 3 Quick Attacks.

Brock then sends out....

Onix level 12

With Ketchup's evasion maxed, I merely whittle down its Defense with Tail Whip and then proceeded to take him down with Quick Attack while avoiding dealing damage during attempts at using Bide(auto fails without damage). Onix falls and the Boulderbadge is mine(wherein Ketchup bites Brock for calling him weak).

After that, I traveled to Cerulean City where I added to my crew again with...

Barbosa level 8

After some training, we went to meet our next challenge.

Misty *I have a thing for red heads*

vs.

Tom Ato

Misty sends out....

Staryu level 18

Tom Ato sends out....

Ketchup level 20

Thundershock rips through it like a knife through hot butter. After a Tackle that missed by Staryu, a second Thundershock finishes it off. Puzzled by shock, Misty sends out her next Pokemon in....

Starmie level 21

This one was a bit tougher to take down and fortunately she spent two turns boosting its defense(first with X Defend and then with Harden). While doing that I merely Thundershocked it before it fell. I did manage to survive a wicked Bubblebeam though.

Currently in Vermilion with following team:

Ketchup level 22
            Thundershock
            Double Team
            Tail Whip
            Quick Attack

Patches level 20
            Peck
            Growl
            Leer
            Fury Attack

Barbosa level 20
            Slash
            Sand Attack
            Scratch
            Dig

Update#2: Lt.Surge and Sabrina
            Spoiler:
            As I typically do in any run I do on Yellow, I try to mix things up. Lt.Surge is the next Gym Leader for sure but after that I had options as I didn't have to fight Erika right away in order to progress. As such, I made the decision to battle Sabrina after I get through Rock Tunnel. That meant I'd have to do all three Team Rocket related areas first: Rocket Game Corner in Celadon, Pokemon Tower in Lavendar and Silph Co. in Saffron.

After doing some solid training aboard the SS.Anne(fitting name for a ship), including another battle with our esteemed rival Gary, I made my way to Vermilion Gym. Against Lt.Surge, the obvious choice was Barbosa due to his clear type advantage. However, as I said in my opening, I opted to spice things up by battling him Electric mouse to Electric mouse. Prior to challenging Surge, I went and grabbed another member of my team in...

Scotty level 10

Although that's "technically" violating the rule of not adding a Grass type until after defeating Surge, it was never going to battle to begin with and I would rather teach it Cut than doing so to Barbosa. That way I can save that slot on Barbosa for Swift(a move it learns naturally and a move I may have to utilize in a later Gym Battle).

*Cue Music* Music

Lt.Surge

vs.

Tom Ato

Lt.Surge sends out...

Raichu level 28

Tom Ato sends out...

Ketchup level 27

Like in the Anime, Lt.Surge tries and give me a solid physical move in Mega Kick but due to the moves poor accuracy, he misses. I follow it up with Double Team and continue to do so until Evasion is maxed. He did manage to land a Thunderbolt but due to the Electric vs. Electric bout, it didn't do a lot of damage. I then proceeded to whittle him down with Quick Attacks before finishing him off with my own Thunderbolt(which it learns naturally at level 26, hence why I love Yellow version).

With Scotty now rightfully apart of my team, I went and trained him along with other crew members to level 27(wherein it learned Razor Leaf). Ketchup grew to level 28 when battling Lt.Surge but otherwise everyone was ready for the long journey through Rock Tunnel(which Scotty destroyed). Upon reaching Celadon City, it was time for Rocket Game Corner. Barbosa, Patches and occasionally Ketchup, were simply overwhelming. I then made my way over to Pokemon Tower where Barbosa's Dig was simply too much for the Ghost Pokemon(thank god its Generation 1). After acquiring PokeFlute from Mr.Fuji, I went and got the Super Rod before progressing to Fuchsia City for Surf and Strength HM's. I then backtracked along Cycling Road gaining more experience for Barbosa and Patches(who by then had evolved into a Sandslash and Fearow respectively). I then grabbed the Fly HM for Patches as I had a task to do prior to Silph.

I flew back to Cerulean and back to Route 10 wherein I fished my mandatory crewmember in...

Argonaut level 15

I promptly taught it Surf to use in battle since I'll have to level him later on down the line but up next was Silph. Patches and Barbosa made quick work of the Poison, Psychic and Electric Pokemon, with Scotty lending a hand when needed. After defeating my rival and Giovanni for the Master Ball, I went and challenged the Fighting Dojo for the 6th and final member of my team.

Hephaestus level 30

I promptly taught it Strength to use in battle, although he and Argonaut were spectators for the upcoming Gym Battle. Ketchup made short work of the Slowpokes and Slowbro's while Patches dealt with the obscure Psychic type. For the Ghost Trainers, Barbosa was more than ready with Dig. Finally it was time to face Sabrina.

Sabrina

vs.

Tom Ato

Sabrina sends out...

Abra level 50

Tom Ato sends out...

Patches level 45

Prior to this battle, I taught my feathered friend a couple new moves. First one is Double Team, which I acquired in a PokeMart for a Nugget. This would allow me to avoid getting hit by Sabrina's fast Psychic types. The second move was Swift, a move that is virtually guaranteed to hit. Now while Sabrina's Pokemon are arguably much higher in level than her Red/Blue contingent, her team has a major flaw. Her opening Abra only knows two moves: Flash and Teleport. Teleport won't do anything and Flash, while annoying, doesn't always work. To prepare for the possibility of losing Accuracy, I also acquired some X-Accuracy for some miscellaneous items I scavenged.

Her Abra opens with Teleport and I open with Double Team. I raise my Evasion to its max while it uses Flash five times, managing to reduce my Accuracy three times. I then used X-Accuracy to repair the damage caused by Flash wherein she used Teleport twice and Flash once(wherein it failed). I then used a STAB Drill Peck to knock out her Abra.

She then sends out

Kadabra level 50

Kadabra outspeeds me but due to Double Team misses with Psybeam. Another Drill Peck knocks it out in one go before I face her ace:

Alakazam level 50

Her Alakazam can be a real monster were it not for its sheer weakness to Physical moves. Although it's faster, my Evasion all but made this battle a foregone conclusion. I flew up high using Fly and connected for a KO. With Marshbadge in hand, I had some grinding to do for Argonaut in Diglett Cave.

As of right now, team is the following:

Ketchup level 44 *Bit low for my liking*
            Quick Attack
            Double Team
            Thunder
            Thunderbolt

Patches level 46
            Drill Peck
            Fly
            Double Team
            Swift

Scotty level 40
            Cut
            Razor Leaf
            Leech Seed
            Vine Whip

Barbosa level 45
            Slash
            Sand Attack
            Dig
            Swift

Hephaestus level 38
            Strength
            Rolling Kick
            Jump Kick
            Meditate

Argonaut level 31
            Surf
            Ice Beam
            Double Team
            Hyper Beam *Had to do a lot of gambling for this one*

Update#3 Erika and Koga.
            Spoiler:
            So as I left off last time, I managed to defeat Sabrina using Patches and did a lot of grinding to get Argonaut to a respectable level. However, due to my aggressive battling, most of my team is well above what Erika has and hence would be a cakewalk if I were to use them. As such, I opted to use one of my newer members and one that has a Type Disadvantage to her Pokemon as well. Should make for an interesting bout you would think no? Eh it kind of was :)

*Cue Music* Music

Erika

vs.

Tom Ato

Erika sends out...

Tangela level 30

Tom Ato sends out...

Argonaut level 31

Although Argonaut had a level on Tangela and fortunately a speed advantage, Erika's Tangela didn't make this first round easy. I started off with Double Team so as to avoid taking heavy damage from her Grass moves but she starts off with Constrict. Dealt little damage but its side-effect is that it has a chance at lowering speed and it got lowered. That gave her Tangela first strike for the rest of the battle and she followed it up with a nasty Mega Drain on Round 2 that did significant damage. Fortunately her HP didn't get healed because I hadn't inflicted any yet but rest assured that had I done so, her Tangela likely would be near full HP as I lost half of my HP bar on that attack. I did a second round of Double Team after surviving that super-effective hit and had a decision to make. Do I risk possibly fainting from a second Mega Drain to go with another Double Team or do I heal with a Potion and hope I get lucky.

I chose to roll the dice and go with a third Double Team and lady luck was fortunately on my side as her next Mega Drain missed. I opted to heal my damage prior to Round 4 and she missed again with Mega Drain. I then finished off raising my Evasion wherein she managed to land a Vine Whip that knocked off about 40% of my HP. Now it was my turn to start fighting back and I unleash an Ice Beam that knocks off about half of its HP. Her next attack misses and I finish it off with a Hyper Beam. Since its a KO, I have no recharge wait time.

Up next....

Weepinbell level 32

Weepinbell can be really nasty since it knows Razor Leaf and fortunately its speed isn't the best but thanks to Tangela's Constrict, it has the upper hand. However, due to Double Team, I avoid its first round of Razor Leaf and I counter with a solid Ice Beam. Erika then heals her Pokemon with a Super Potion while I hit it again with another Ice Beam, taking it back down to about 50%. I opted to heal my own damage since I didn't want to risk getting wrecked by that Razor Leaf. Fortunately I was spared and I finished her Weepinbell off with a Hyper Beam.

Erika's Ace...

Gloom level 32

If there is one drawback to Oddish line is that they're slower than their Bellsprout counterparts. However, their Physical abilities are much stronger and Erika's Gloom packs a punch with Acid and its signature move in Petal Dance. Were it not for Double Team, I honestly think I'd been KO'd because she used Petal Dance from the start after I used an Ice Beam to soften her Gloom up. She then repaired the damage with another Super Potion wherein I tried to finish it with a Hyper Beam. I unfortunately wasn't able to do so(had a SLIVER of HP left) and I was forced to recharge. During that brief moment of vulnerability, she tried using Petal Dance again and missed. Had she connected, I'd been KO'd for sure. I finished her Gloom off with an Ice Beam and earned myself the Rainbow Badge.

Up next was Koga and his team consists of the Venonat line who are all level 44 or higher. This was going to be a tough bout because they all know Toxic and Psychic. Since Fighting Types don't do so well against Bug and Poison, Hephaestus was a spectator for this bout. Argonaut had just finished his first Gym fight but wasn't ready to battle Koga's Bugs at level 32. Therefore I had to decide on whether to train Argonaut more and then fight or go right at him with my more Experienced crew. I opted to go at him with my experienced crew since Patches and Barbosa can more than handle his annoying Bugs.

Koga

vs.

Tom Ato

Koga sends out...

Venonat level 44

Tom Ato sends out...

Barbosa level 45

I opted to give Barbosa the nod as he hasn't been in an official Gym Battle yet. He had the edge over Koga's first Venonat due to being higher and level but also due to being an evolved form with better speed. As such, it was quick KO with Dig.

Up next....

Venonat level 46

Even with the level advantage, Barbosa still had the speed advantage so was able to get underground for a Dig before Koga could unleash Toxic. Connected for another OHKO.

Next...

Venonat level 48

This is where I thought the level gap might be enough for his Venonat to gain a speed advantage over me but I was wrong. I was able to get another Dig off prior to him using Psychic. Connected on Dig for another OHKO.

Koga's Ace...

Venomoth level 50

This is where it got interesting. I definitely didn't have the speed advantage and to make matters worse, it knows Double Team or the move I've been abusing since Brock. To start the battle off, he goes Double Team to boost its evasion while I go Dig to try and finish the battle quickly. He uses Double Team again and my Dig misses. He then unleashes Toxic and badly poisons Barbosa and I'm left with a choice to swap out to Patches so as to remove the possibility of the Poison damage becoming worse or switch strategies to one of Accuracy(aka Swift). I couldn't risk going Slash because of the fact he'd already used Double Team twice so I opted to go for the sure-fire Swift. Venomoth goes with Psychic and knocks me down to about 55% before my Swift connects bringing him down to 60%. Toxic drops me to about 50% and I'm starting to wonder if this bout is going to spiral out of control since I'm getting a taste of my own Double Team medicine.

I said to hell with it and opted to roll with Slash. Koga responds with another Psychic and I was down to virtually 10% after that hit or on the ropes. It all came down to my Slash attack and whether it would connect. If it did, odds are I'd win. If it did not, Barbosa was going to fall and odds are Koga would defeat the rest of my team thanks to his love of Double Team. Lady Luck must be with me because the Slash hit and KO'd his Venomoth for the win and the Soul Badge.

Team as of now:

Ketchup level 44
            Quick Attack
            Double Team
            Thunder
            Thunderbolt

Patches level 46
            Drill Peck
            Fly
            Double Team
            Swift

Barbosa level 46
            Slash
            Sand Attack
            Dig
            Swift

Scotty level 40
            Cut
            Razor Leaf
            Leech Seed
            Toxic

Hephaestus level 38
            Strength
            Rolling Kick
            Jump Kick
            Meditate

Argonaut level 32
            Surf
            Ice Beam
            Double Team
            Hyper Beam

Update#4 Blaine and Giovanni
            Spoiler:
            So after posting my bouts with Erika and Koga last night, I realized I kind of messed up my battle with Koga's Venomoth and made it much harder than it should have been. I forgot Barbosa knows Sand Attack and it along with Double Team are the two most abusing moves in Generation 1 since there are no abilities or Pokemon moves save for Swift to counter such actions(there is X-Accuracy but that's an item and why I opted to use it in my battle with Sabrina).

Anyways the Sea Routes were up next and were ideal for Scotty and Ketchup to get some much needed levels. I went through the Cinnabar Mansion with Barbosa and Patches dealing with the annoying Wild Pokemon while Argonaut and Hephaestus dealt with the Burglars and Scientists respectively. Prior to entering the Cinnabar Gym though, I decided to Fly back to one of my favorite training grounds in Yellow: Cycling Road. There you will find Doduo, Dodrio, Fearow and Ponyta(an ideal spot for Water Pokemon to train!!). There I busted some heads and grinded Argonaut all the way to level 48. I even gave my other Pokemon some love, although Hephaestus was much harder due to its Flying Type weakness(its a wonder if FIghting Mono runs would be more difficult than Bug Mono runs). Eventually, everyone was sitting pretty at level 50 save for Argonaut and Hephaestus at level 48. Before battling Blaine, I opted to squeeze a bit more experience by battling the Burglars and other Fire Type Trainers since I was going to have a speed disadvantage when facing Blaine. Managed to hit level 49 in doing so.

Cue Music!! Music

Blaine

vs.

Tom Ato

Blaine sends out....

Ninetales level 48 *Love Vulpix line*

Tom Ato sends out...

Argonaut level 49

Although I have the level advantage, Fire Pokemon have incredible speed and Ninetales is one of the fastest there is(with Rapidash being the speed demon). Flamethrower, despite being NVE can still do some wicked damage and his Ninetales also has Quick Attack and annoying Confuse Ray. Final move happens to be a let down in Tail Whip but Ninetales is still a formidable Pokemon.

Due to my speed deficiency, I know that if I'm going to survive this, I'm going to have to avoid taking hits altogether so I open with Double Team but know that I'll be taking w/e Blaine opens up with. I was betting on Flamethrower but he opts to open with Quick Attack, dealing modest damage to my bulky Crab. I choose to continue going with Double Team and Blaine sends a Confuse Ray my way that fortunately doesn't cause me to fail using Double Team and take damage. With two Double Teams now enacted, I decide to roll the dice and continue with Double Team despite being Confused. Blaine then opts to use Tail Whip and lowers my Defense. May think that's a waste of a move but in reality that's smart because damage I take from Quick Attack or from Confusion is now amplified. I manage to survive a second round of Confusion to enact my third Double Team. Seeing as my luck is holding, I figure I'd continue with Double Team. Blaine then chooses to send a Flamethrower my way but misses and my Confusion breaks prior to my 4th use of Double Team. I continue using Double Team until Evasion is maxed while Blaine's Ninetales misses with another Flamethrower but connects on a Tail Whip(lowering my Defense a 2nd time). With Evasion maxed, its time to fight back and I choose to unleash my water power in Surf. Prior to doing so, Blaine orders a Quick Attack that manages to connect and deals significantly more damage due to not only the two Tail Whips but also the fact it was Critical Hit! It drops me to about half HP, but my ensuing Surf is enough to knock out his Ninetales.

Up next...

Rapidash level 50

The Speed Demon of Fire Types, Rapidash outspeeds just about everyone save for maybe Psychic Types and Dugtrio. Anyways, if there's one bad thing about Rapidash is that its moveset stinks. Fire Spin is an excellent lockdown move but its accuracy in Generation 1 frankly sucks. Take Down is nice but it has recoil and Stomp doesn't have enough power compared to other Normal type moves(granted it does cause flinching). Its final move is Growl, which honestly is a waste of a moveslot. With my Evasion maxed, I opt to repair the life damage I took in my bout with Ninetales while Blaine tries to use Stomp and misses. I then order another Surf but Rapidash tries to prevent me by using Fire Spin and misses. My Surf connects and KO's it on a Critical Hit.

Blaine's Ace...

Arcanine level 54

This Pokemon is a force to be reckoned with. Not only can it reduce Physical damage with Reflect but sports Take Down, Flamethrower and the vaunted Fire Blast. Blaine opens with Fire Blast and it SOMEHOW connects. Not only do I lose like 50% of my HP but I get burned in the process! Hah... guess I should have brought Burn Heal. Anyways, my Surf hits but doesn't KO his Arcanine and I take Burn Damage. Blaine then uses a Hyper Potion and fully heals his Arcanine before another Surf hits and drops it back down to near death and I take more Fire Damage. Rather than healing it again with another potion, Blaine opts to try and finish me off with Flamethrower but misses. My Surf hits and finishes off Arcanine for the Volcano Badge.

Up next was Giovanni and his line up is a doozy unless your super high leveled. I battled all the trainers in the Gym, gaining what Experience I could get. After healing at the Pokemon Center, it was time to get it on!!

Giovanni

vs.

Tom Ato

Giovanni sends out...

Dugtrio level 50

Tom Ato sends out...

Patches level 51

You might think I'd go with Argonaut being that this is a GROUND Type Gym but that's just it. Its a GROUND Type Gym and Ground moves can't freaking touch Patches and Giovanni's Dugtrio has not one, not two but three Ground Type moves to go along with Sand Attack(the move I abuse lol). Knowing this, I prepared by getting some X-Accuracy in Celadon City(Sold the Revive you find in the Gym for it). Dugtrio is one of the fastest Pokemon in the game so I knew I wasn't going to get first move but seeing as I had a 1/4 odds of Giovanni choosing Sand Attack, I knew that I had a good chance to get my Evasion maxed without suffering too much on the Accuracy front. So while I'm going Double Team x 6, Giovanni uses Guard Spec(a signature from his earlier bouts) and tries using Fissure, Earthquake, Sand Attack(miss), Sand Attack(hit) and Earthquake. With Evasion maxed, I give Dugtrio a critical Drill Peck and KO it.

Up next...

Persian level 53

This sly Cat knows Double Team so rather than going with the more powerful Fly, I decide to open with Drill Peck. Unfortunately, Persian's speed allowed it to go first and it used the move I feared it would use.... Double Team. However, and fortunately for me, my Drill Peck got a Critical Hit!!!! With STAB to go along with it, his Persian fell in one shot. Huge win there...

Up next...

Nidoqueen level 53

This behemoth Tank is a danger to Flying Types due to it knowing Thunder. Fortunately for me, Thunder's accuracy is piss poor and with Evasion maxed, the likelihood of Thunder connecting was very low. To make matters worse for Giovanni's Nidoqueen, I had the speed advantage so Patches flew into the sky and avoided his Thunder attack altogether. Fly connects, dealing massive damage but due to it being the more defensive of the Nidoran line, it managed to survive with about 30% HP. It tries another attempt at Thunder but misses and I finish Nidoqueen off the next round with Drill Peck.

Up next...

Nidoking level 55

The more aggressive or Attack oriented variant of the Nidoran line still isn't a threat for Patches despite also knowing Thunder and the strong Thrash move. Nidoking is also faster than its female brethren but not enough to overcome the speed difference(despite being 4 levels higher). I open with Fly and Giovanni opens with Thunder. His attack misses while my Fly connects on the next turn dropping Nidoking to about 25% HP. He tries, in vain, to knock me out with Thunder but I finish his Nidoking off with Drill Peck on the next turn.

Giovanni's Ace...

Rhydon level 55

Giovanni's final Pokemon is a powerhouse but has one fatal flaw: its speed. Therefore when I swapped over to Argonaut at level 50, I took a nasty Earthquake. If there is one strength of Kingler though is that it can take a physical hit and I managed to survive with about 30% of HP. I retaliated with Surf and KO'd Rhydon to claim the Earth Badge.

After healing at the Pokemon center, I faced my rival for the 2nd to last time and managed to sweep him like it was nothing. Argonaut abused Double Team to avoid getting hit by his Sandslash, although I did get hit a few times with Swift. Knocked it out with Surf after maxing my Evasion. KO'd his Kadabra with Hyper Beam after avoiding a Psychic attack. His Exeggcute wasn't too difficult despite being at a Type disadvantage(knocked it out with Ice Beam). His Ninetales fell to a swift Surf and his Cloyster fell to a Hyper Beam after I weakened it with a couple Surf attacks. His Jolteon proved to be a real pain because he opened with Thunder Wave and paralyzed me(which prevented my attack). Having no choice I swapped to Barbosa and knocked his Jolteon out with Dig.

Team prior to Victory Road:

Ketchup level 50
            Quick Attack
            Double Team
            Thunder
            Thunderbolt

Barbosa level 53
            Slash
            Sand Attack
            Dig
            Swift

Patches level 52
            Drill Peck
            Fly
            Double Team
            Swift

Argonaut level 52
            Surf
            Ice Beam
            Double Team
            Hyper Beam

Scotty level 50
            Cut
            Razor Leaf
            Leech Seed
            Toxic

Hephaestus level 48
            Strength
            Hi Jump Kick
            Jump Kick
            Rolling Kick

Update#5: Elite 4 and Final Battle
            Spoiler:
            Getting through Victory Road wasn't too difficult but I had more training to do prior to battling the Elite 4. I went back to my trusty Cycling Road training spot and grinded everyone to level 55. Typically I shoot for 60 but 55 is the bare minimum and seeing as this is a Challenge, I figure I wanted to finish this as soon as possible. As you will have noticed with my previous 4 updates, I've had special "Music" linked for each pair of Gym Battles(who conveniently appear as well). For my Elite 4 and Champion battles, I've decided to pair each Elite 4 member with a Champion Theme. You may disagree with my choices but I find them to be fitting.

Up first is Lorelai, hence cue music! Music

Lorelei

vs.

Tom Ato

Lorelei sends out...

Dewgong level 54

Tom Ato sends out...

Hephaestus level 55

I normally fight Lorelei with either Grass Types(aka Scotty) or with my trusty starter(aka Ketchup) but seeing as Hephaestus has been itching to fight, I couldn't deny my Fighting crewmember the opportunity to kick some Ice. Having the level and speed edge, Hephaestus got the first move and unleashed a wicked Hi Jump Kick. Although its power is not as much as a Thunderbolt, it still benefits from STAB and a far stronger Attack stat than Ketchup's Special. Dewgong falls to like 10% HP and Lorelei follows with Rest! While she completely heals, it also means I have two shots and knocking it out so I go with the less powerful but more accurate Jump Kick and knock out her Dewgong.

Up next...

Cloyster level 53

I have the level and speed advantage again and drop a Hi Jump Kick that hits. Due to Cloysters exceptionally strong Physical Defense, HP drops to about 40% wherein Lorelei responds with Ice Beam. Deals decent damage, dropping me down to about 55% HP. I follow up with Jump Kick and drop her Bivalve Pokemon.

Up next...

Slowbro level 54

This is where it got interesting because it would be suicide to remain so I had to decide on who to swap in for Hephaestus knowing that Jynx and later on Lapras are around the corner. I decide to bring in Ketchup seeing as its speed gives it an advantage. In doing so, Lorelei uses Amnesia to raise its Special by 2. My first move is to go with Double Team seeing as I have to plan for the Pokemon coming afterwards and Lorelei responds with Amnesia again(now +4). I repeat Double Team and she unleashes Surf that THANKFULLY misses(that might had been a KO had it hit). I keep Double Team going while she uses Withdraw to raise her Defense and then tries again with Surf and Psychic(missing on both). With Evasion now maxed, I unleashed a Thunderbolt that drops her Hermit Crab to about 30%(Amnesia does wonders on Special Defense). Lorelei responds with a Psychic Attack that misses. Prior to my next move, Lorelei uses a Full Restore, hence my Thunderbolt that I thought was going to finish it off instead brings it back down to where it was once. Ordered another Thunderbolt and thankfully she didn't heal her Pokemon so it fell to Ketchup's Electricity.

Up next...

Jynx level 56

Of all her Pokemon, I hate her Jynx the most. Being part Psychic means that its the fastest Pokemon she has. Fortunately, I'm countering with my fastest Pokemon that also has max Evasion so I should be able to win this fight on paper with little or no difficulty. Didn't exactly go according to plan. First off, I drop a Quick Attack seeing as Jynx's weakness is to Physical moves. It drops its HP down to about 65% since Pikachu's Attack stat frankly sucks. Jynx's responds with an Ice Punch that connects and FREEZES Pikachu. I had no choice but to use a Full Restore on Pikachu to repair the damage but also remove the status condition. Jynx's next move is Lovely Kiss, which connects and puts me to Sleep!! So much for Evasion as they say. I use the Pokeflute to wake up Ketchup and Jynx tries using another Ice Punch but misses. I use another Quick Attack that drops it to about 30% while Jynx tries to use Thrash(that misses). I finish Jynx off with a third and final Quick Attack and that bout was harder than I thought it would be.

Lorelei's Ace....

Lapras level 56 *Favorite Water Type*

Lapras is her ace for a reason. Although its slow, its a true powerhouse by boasting both strong Physical and Special stats. Its true strength though is its massive HP pool that only can frankly only be matched by Snorlax. I start the round with Thunder and it misses while Lapras opens with Blizzard that also misses. I try again with Thunder and get hit with the miss curse. Lapras responds with Blizzard and also misses. I swap to Thunderbolt and take off about 45% of its HP. Lorelei sends a Confuse Ray my way and it connects so I'm like crap.... I hate confusion. I suck it up though and order a Thunderbolt which goes through and knocks it out due to a Critical Hit(Speed kills!).

With Lorelei defeated, up next is Bruno. Cue new Music!! Music

Bruno

vs.

Tom Ato

Bruno sends out...

Onix level 53

Tom Ato sends out...

Scotty level 55

Throughout the entire game, I've yet to use Scotty in a Gym Battle so what better time to give it some love than right now. Against Bruno's two Onix, Scotty should win in one blow with Razor Leaf. Machamp and Hitmonlee shouldn't be too much trouble due to Fighting not doing so hot against Poison typing. The real concern is his Hitmonchan that knows not only two SE moves in Fire Punch and Ice Punch but knows Double Team. Anyways, Onix is up first so I knock it out with Razor Leaf. Short but expected due to its x4 weakness.

Up next....

Hitmonchan level 55

This is where the real battle starts so I start off with Toxic so that if he were to use Double Team, I would at least cause him to take some serious damage over time. Hitmonchan starts off with Fire Punch and I lose about 40% of my HP(good hit) while it loses a bit due to Poison. I follow it up with Leech Seed since as everyone knows, Toxic/Leech Seed combo rules. Hitmonchan follows up with Ice Punch and I lose another 40%(hence I'm down to 20%) but Leech Seed sucks about 4% back. I follow up with a Full Restore since I didn't want to risk losing Scotty and Hitmonchan follows up with Double Team(and taking progressively more damage from Toxic). I follow up with Razor Leaf that misses and he follows up with Fire Punch(where I lose 40% but gain back like 8%). At this point Hitmonchan is down to about 70% HP from Poison Damage so I try Razor Leaf one more time and it connects for a Critical Hit. It takes Hitmonchan down to about 10% and it unleashes another Fire Punch wherein I drop to about 30%(but I gain back like 15% and Hitmonchan faints from the Poison).

Up next...

Hitmonlee level 55

With my toughest test behind me, I open with Toxic since Hitmonlee also knows Double Team so I wanted to get that status condition on him before his Evasion becomes too much. Hitmonlee opens with Double Kick and deals minimal damage. I follow it up with Leech Seed and Hitmonlee tries a Mega Kick but misses due to its extremely poor accuracy(might had KO'd me had it connected). I give Scotty a Full Restore to ensure it survives the next attack and Hitmonlee responds with a wicked Hi Jump Kick that drops me to about 70% despite it not being very effective. I then follow up with a Critical Razor Leaf that drops Hitmonlee down to about 10%. Hitmonlee responds with Double Team and faints from Toxic's Poison.

Up next....

Onix level 56

As Sun Tzu famously once said: "Victorious Warriors win first and then go to war while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win". This battle was over before it started. 1-hit KO.

Bruno's Ace...

Machamp level 58

For Bruno's final Pokemon, why stop with what has worked so far. I open with Toxic and Machamp starts off with Leer. I then follow up with Leech Seed and Machamp responds with a wicked Karate Chop that nearly faints Scotty(drops me to about 15% but thanks to Leech Seed I recover to about 20%). I utilize one more Full Restore hoping that it will be the last one I use and Machamp tries using Submission but misses. I follow up with a Razor Leaf and Machamp drops to about 15% wherein it uses Strength(dropping me to about 40%) and then nearly faints from the Poison. I finish it off with Cut to claim victory.

With Bruno now in the rear view mirror, my hardest test(imo) is before me. Cue Music! Music

Agatha

vs.

Tom Ato

Agatha sends out....

Gengar level 56

Tom Ato sends out....

Barbosa level 55

Against Agatha, I will never have the speed advantage so I pray that I can get through this fight without Paralysis and get by without getting hampered by Confusion. If I had a Psychic Type like Kadabra or even Starmie, this battle would be over in 5 Psychic Attacks. I open up against her first Gengar and one that knows Mega Drain of all moves so I'm going to be paying a price for sure. I open with Dig but seeing as Agatha's Gengar gets the first move, it opens with Confuse Ray(ugh). I manage to get by the first round of Confusion to dig a hole so I manage to avoid Mega Drain on round 2. I also get lucky and manage to avoid Confusion on round 2 to land a super effective Dig on her Gengar for a OHKO.

Up next....

Golbat level 56

Agatha's Golbat knows Toxic so I go into this battle with the intention of knocking it out fast. Unfortunately, it has the first move and opens with Toxic(UGH!!!). I manage to break Confusion and counter with Slash and knock it down to 20% but start taking Poison damage. I use the next turn to use a Full Restore while it uses Confuse Ray(again UGH!!). I get hit with a Wing Attack the next round and get smacked by the Confusion(UGH!!). Agatha follows up with Leech Life(does minor damage) while I get by the Confusion to unleash a Swift attack that knocks out Golbat.

Up next....

Haunter level 55

Agatha's weakest Pokemon by level and Evolution no less. Despite that it still has the speed advantage and opens with Hypnosis that puts me to sleep. I use Pokeflute next round while it uses Dream Eater(guess she thought I didn't have that handy item). I get hit with a Lick Attack that fortunately doesn't Paralyze me but I still have that nagging Confusion to worry about. Fortunately I get by another round of it to Dig a hole. Haunter starts the next round with Hypnosis(which misses) and I break my Confusion to land a OHKO.

Up next....

Arbok level 58

Although Arbok has the level advantage, I have the speed advantage. Due to that, I dig a hole before it could use Glare and I knock it out in one hit.

Agatha's Ace....

Gengar level 60

Arguably Agatha's strongest Pokemon being that it knows Psychic. I follow the same script against her last two Ghosts by calling for Dig and she opens with Psychic that deals massive damage by dropping my life all the way to 15%. Were it a Psychic Pokemon for STAB, I might had been knocked out. Anyways I did my hole and avoid a second Psychic Attack to unleash another OHKO(got to love weak Defense).

Agatha is now done, so now my second to last test. Cue Music!!! Music You know its real folks!!!

Lance

vs.

Tom Ato

Lance sends out....

Gyrados level 58

Tom Ato sends out...

Argonaut level 55

Gyrados is a physical powerhouse but fortunately for me knows no SE Special moves. It has the level and speed advantage so I'm going to have to absorb w/e it throws my way. Knowing that my real test is later on in the battle, I open with my age old Double Team tactic but not before I take a Hydro Pump whallop(down to 70% HP). Gyrados then goes with Dragon Rage that deals a whopping 40 Damage(still significant though) while I use Double Team a second time. For round 3, it tries using Hyper Beam but thankfully it misses. I manage to max my Evasion while not taking any more damage. I then go on offense and fire an Ice Beam that is SE despite current type advantages saying otherwise. It drops it down to 25% before I finish it off the following round.

Up next....

Dragonair level 56

I actually had the speed advantage here despite being one level lower. I open with an Ice Beam that is SE and a Critical Hit one no less. It OHKO's it before it can even move(which is fortunate because it knew Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt).

Up next....

Dragonair level 56

This Dragonair's moveset is different than its teammate. Had the first move this time around again and hit with a solid Ice Beam that again scored a Critical OHKO. Insane luck so far I know.

Up next....

Aerodactyl level 60

Lance's speed demon who ironically also had Swift. Fortunately, it tried using Hyper Beam and missed for round 1 and I countered with Surf that knocked it down to like 5%(honestly I don't know how it survived). Lance followed up with a Wing Attack that also missed and I finished it off with another Surf.

Lance's Ace....

Dragonite level 62

I understand this "Champion" battle is nothing like future versions of Lance(like HG/SS). Despite that, this version of Dragonite has a counter for everything and has a level and speed advantage to go with it. Only thing going for me is that all of its moves have piss poor accuracy so I manage to take his Dragonite out in two Ice Beams. It tried unleashing two Thunder attacks to no avail.

With Lance defeated, one battle to end all battles. Cue Music!!! Music

Gary

vs.

Tom Ato

Gary sends out...

Sandslash level 61

Tom Ato sends out...

Barbosa level 56

I opted to battle Ground Mouse to Ground Mouse. The difference between our two Pokemon though is that I have a move that will ultimately win me this fight: Sand Attack. Gary's Sandslash has the advantage though and get's first move. Gary doesn't waste time by unleashing a STAB Earthquake that drops me to 40% and I hit with a Sand Attack. He follows up with a Slash attack but misses and I keep up with the Sand Attacks. My goal here isn't necessarily to knock it out but to set-up my sweeper for later. I keep up the Sand Attacks and manage to avoid getting hit. I then use a turn to drop a Full Restore prior to switching out as I want Barbosa at full HP for Jolteon. I get hit with a Swift Attack upon doing so but not enough to warrant using a 2nd. I switch to my sweeper in Argonaut wherein I start using Double Team. Thanks to the Sand Attacks, Sandslash can't land anything but Swift so I'm able to max my Evasion without suffering much damage(I took one Swift to drop to 80% HP). I then counter-attack with Surf and knock it out after two such attacks.

Up next...

Alakazam level 59

This battle outcome was set up in the previous battle and Alakazam had no chance. It tried to knock me out with Psychic but I unleashed a Hyper Beam and it dropped in one hit. OHKO FTW!!!

Up next...

Exeggutor level 61

Gary's Grass/Psychic Type Pokemon has a really crappy moveset for its typing and level. I knock it out after two Ice beams while dodging a Stomp and Barrage.

Up next...

Cloyster level 61

This one would be easy since while I can't do much damage to him, he could hardly scratch me if he were to land a hit. I whittle him down using Surf attacks while his attacks miss left and right. Ultimately I finish him off with a Hyper Beam.

Up next...

Ninetales level 63

This one didn't last long. It tried locking me down with Fire Spin but failed and fell after two Surf attacks.

Gary's Ace....

Jolteon level 65

I have a love/hate relationship with this Pokemon. I love its speed and power but I hate facing it. Rather than risk getting OHKO on a lucky shot, I swap to Barbosa wherein I get hit by Pin Missile during the switch-in. Doesn't faze me all too much and he unleashes a Quick Attack prior to me digging a hole. I pop-up and I become Champion of the world!!!!

Final results:

Ketchup level 55

Barbosa level 56

Patches level 55

Scotty level 55

Hephaestus level 55

Argonaut level 57

MVP: Hard to argue its not Argonaut.
            Old April 24th, 2018 (2:43 PM).

Huh. Okay, I'll have to redo Jurassic Jam, Ice Age, Stone Age, and Egyptian Era. Fair enough. I can always try using a different team this time.

Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
              Game: Blue
              Era: Bronze Age

* One thing I never did ask in the last thread: are Banned Types banned on Pokemon alone or also in movesets? I've been assuming "also on movesets", such that, say, Gyarados could not learn Thunderbolt in the Pirate Age. The eras when Normal types are banned seem to contradict that, though, unless there's the usual mercy clause that you're allowed to violate the rule until your first non-violating move turns up.
              * For Bronze Age, I'm going to assume "every third" means Pallet | Viridian | Pewter | Cerulean | Vermillion | Lavender | Celadon | Saffron | Fuchsia | Cinnabar.

Spoiler:

Get Charmander. Later get 5 PokeBalls from Oak after beating Route 22 Gary.

Most notable thing in Mt. Moon is that I get to the second floor before a Geodude appears.

The lack of instant natural STAB for Geodude in Gen 1 is tedious. :\ Well, it's not like Charizard needs the Dig TM in this run anyway.

Fueled up on PokeBalls and Repels at Cerulean. Got DUX as an HM servant. And now for Misty, the SECOND hardest boss in the game.

Mostly, leveling to L33 and learning Slash made all the difference. That's kind of disgusting. :S Lt. Surge, as always, proved the easiest boss in the game.

Things go smoothly from that point out. Erika and Koga were obviously jokes. I hit the Safari Zone for a Nidoqueen, then get to Cinnabar and resurrect my fossils, expanding my team.

And I need it, because I just came to the unfortunate realization that a Charizard/Graveler-based team really stinks against Blastoise. *long pause* This is going to be a very interesting grinding session fueled by smashing my team into the E4 until this works.

At L66 (about twenty higher than I entered...), I finally manage to get through the Elite Four and Champion. Almost the entire holdup was Lorelei. Once I could clear her consistently, I swept the league.

CHAMPS:
              Bronze the L56 Graveler (Second-Most Valuable Pokemon)
              Drakon the L66 Charizard (MVP)
              Aero the L30 Aerodactyl (mainly served as Dewgong fodder)
              Remy the L31 Kabuto (should have leveled more)
              Q the L38 Nidoqueen (MVP versus Lance and his horrid AI)

Honorable mention: DUX the faithful Fly/Cut HM junkie.

Worst enemy: Lorelei is essentially the final boss of this Era in Gen 1, with honorable mention to Champion's Blastoise. With Electric banned, there's no good counter to Lapras except possibly Mega Drain Kabutops. Meanwhile, she can hit literally everything with SE STAB.
              MVP: Gen 1 Slash. Since this always crits AND has a high Base Power, it's essentially a free Hyper Beam every turn. Basically saved the run at both Misty and Lorelei.

Challenge complete!
              Completed Challenges: Zodiac Challenge (Red) | Time Warp Challenge (Blue: Jurassic Jam | Stone Age | Egyptian Era | Medieval Era) | Solo Challenge (Blue: Blastoise | Red: Nidoking | Raticate) | Body Type Challenge: Quadrupedal (Blue) | Anime Style Challenge (Gold) | Randomized Nuzlocke (Blue) | Mono-Pokemon Challenge (Red: Gengar x3) | No Move Left Behind Challenge (Red) | Gender Fairness Challenge (Gold) | Champion Challenge Master (Blue | Gold)
              Old April 25th, 2018 (10:01 AM).

Sorry guys... I've had a hectic past couple of weeks with a lot of overtime so I haven't had a chance to answer all your questions. I'll make sure to make any proper adjustments to the 1st post and answer everything as soon as I get home in the morning.

From what I remember by reading through the thread:

In Pokemon Yellow you can keep Pikachu as your Mandatory Pokemon. And you can also use your starter until you've caught your first team member if you're playing Yellow on other eras.

As for banned types, the ban does not extend to moves. Just affects Pokemon Types. So you can have Thunderbolt on Gyarados if you want to. But if you want an extra challenge, feel free to apply the ban to moves as well. That is entirely optional.

Old April 27th, 2018 (8:13 AM).

CHAPTER 2 - I'm running out of ideas for these

Last time I ended in Union Cave, where I caught Naill and Paul. Between the gaming sessions I decided that I don't want to use Paul and caught Machop - Evan.
              Now that I trained a little the game wasn't that hard and I easily cleared Slowpoke Well.
              Bugsy was annoying and it took me several tries to beat him.
              Whitney, yeah THAT Whitney, was easily even after she beat my Evan. Well, Spyro took care of most of the battle after that.
              I picked Piplup - Leon in the Pokémon Centrum as my last team member.
              Morty's Gengar countered my team and I had to train again... Now I'm overleveled and THAT GENGAR STILL HAVE UPPERHAND. But now I can at least beat it.
              Up until next Gym I was overleveled.
              Chuck's Poliwrath is next... Ohh god, what is with these signature Pokémon being good? It was never a thing in Pokémon.
              Jasmine's Steelix is next! But first, let me evolve my Onix into Steelix too. I got Metal Coat and used it immediately on Naill. And then I only used Spyro and Fanga in Jasmine's Gym.
              I'm currently lost somewhere in Mahogany City and beating random Rocket Grunts.

I also had to get item to evolve Evan into Machamp. To get it, I had to complete one in-game trade - but they're reworked in this game. I had to catch Noctowl to trade it for Torkoal to get the item.

Team

Spyro, Bold Male Typhlosion
              lvl 50, Flash Fire
              - Flamethrower
              - Rollout
              - ThunderPunch
              - Quick Attack

lvl 45, Hydration
              - Surf
              - Bite
              - Aurora Beam
              - Aqua Ring

Fanga, Hardy Female Houndoum
              lvl 47, Early Bird
              - Fire Fang
              - Faint Attacl
              - Smog
              - Bite

Naill, Lonely Male Steelix
              lvl 45, Sturdy
              - Iron Tail
              - DragonBreath
              - Curse
              - Sandstorm

Evan, Naughty Male Machamp
              lvl 47, No Guard
              - Wake-Up Slap
              - Focus Energy
              - Cross Chop
              - Stone Edge

Leon, Serious Male Empoleon
              lvl 45, Torrent
              - Surf
              - Water Sport
              - Peck
              - Aqua Jet
              Old April 27th, 2018 (1:32 PM).

First post updated with all the Challengers and Champions.

Old April 27th, 2018 (8:49 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
                First post updated with all the Challengers and Champions.
                Updated and complete. Man... know I why I grind to 60 before doing the E4. Makes things SOOO much easier....
                Old April 28th, 2018 (11:50 AM).

Nature: Docile
                  Username: Cymry
                  Game: Ultra Sun
                  Era: Ancient Greece

Going to give one of the new eras a go.

Current Team: Just arrived at Akala Island

Orpheus the Modest Brionne, Male, Lv. 19
                  Ability: Torrent
                  Moves: Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Icy Wind, Disarming Voice

Pelagios the Adamant Inkay, Male, Lv. 16
                  Ability: Contrary
                  Item: Oran Berry
                  Moves: Topsy-Turvy, Peck, Foul Play, Psywave

Nikephoros the Bold Magnemite, Lv. 16
                  Ability: Sturdy
                  Item: Quick Claw
                  Moves: Light Screen, Magnet Bomb, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

Hesperos the Adamant Growlithe, Male, Lv. 14
                  Moves: Roar, Ember, Leer, Odor Stealth

Anthousa the Modest Cottonee, Female, Lv. 13
                  Ability: Prankster
                  Moves: Mega Drain, Fairy Wind, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Calisto the Timid Oricorio, Female, Lv. 14
                  Ability: Dancer
                  Moves: Pound, Roost, Peck, Air Cutter
                  Time Warp: Progressive Era (White, Y)
                  Solo: Lapras (Y)
                  Potterlocke (Y)
                  Monosize XS (Sun)
                  Trainer Personality Examination (White)
                  Old April 28th, 2018 (7:52 PM). Edited May 16th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.

Username: CodeHelmet
                    Game: Yellow
                    Era: Age of Discovery

Planned Team:

*<3*

Changed my Team around a bit. Also... updates!

Update#1: Brock and Misty
                    Spoiler:
                    So I got my starter in Pikachu and won my first bout with my rival Gary. Being in an Era where Electric isn't allowed I sped through the first part of the game and even battled Gary a 2nd time to ensure Jolteon later on(just wouldn't be the same without it). Once I got 5 Pokeballs from Professor Oak, I made my way to Viridian Forest where I caught my first true team member in....

Aelita level 5

Bug types might not be allowed but its final form is what I'm after and I train religiously before it evolves into Metapod and finally...

After learning Confusion upon evolution, I box my starter and breeze through Viridian Forest. After healing, I make my way to Pewter Gym.

Cue Music! Music

Brock

vs.

Columbus *Age of Discovery eh?*

Brock sends out...

Geodude level 10

Columbus sends out...

Aelita level 12

I rip through Geodude with Confusion and after taking a Tackle attack, I defeat Geodude in round 2.

Brock's Ace....

Onix level 12

Same deal as last time where I rip through with Confusion. Brock opens with Bide so I take the next few turns using Harden to raise my Defense before the Bide attack fails(due to no damage inflicted). I then finish off Onix with Confusion and I claim the Boulderbadge.

On my way to Cerulean, I battle more trainers and catch my second team member...

MarcoPolo level 8

I backtrack to train Marco in Viridian Forest before proceeding through Mount Moon. I eventually reach Cerulean City wherein I battle my rival Gary(Marco is MVP with Slash and Sand Attack) and I catch my third team member in...

Newton level 12

I trained Newton to level 20, thereby learning Wrap and Sleep Powder. Sleep Powder alone will make the battle with Misty a cakewalk.

Misty

vs.

Columbus

Misty sends out...

Staryu level 18

Columbus sends out...

Newton level 20

Despite having a higher level, Staryu's speed is quite impressive. It opens with a Tackle that does average damage. I respond with Sleep Powder that puts it to sleep. I then work on raising my special stat via its Growth move and manage to raise it to max before Staryu wakes up. It hits me with another Tackle that drops me further but I knock it out with an enhanced Vine Whip.

Misty's Ace...

Starmie level 21

Incredible speed for a Pokemon so early in the game but I get lucky that Misty opts to forego using Bubblebeam. Instead she uses Harden to raise its Defense that does nothing to stop me from OHKO it with Vine Whip. With its fall, I have the Cascade Badge.

I make my way back to Bill's House, claim the SS.Ticket and arrive in Vermilion City. Team is as follows:

Aelita level 22
                    Tackle
                    Stun Spore
                    Sleep Powder
                    Confusion

MarcoPolo level 22
                    Slash
                    Sand Attack
                    Scratch
                    Dig

Newton level 21
                    Wrap
                    Growth
                    Sleep Powder
                    Vine Whip

Update#2 Lt.Surge and Erika
                    Spoiler:
                    Unlike my last challenge where I skipped Erika, I opted to go in order. Newton and MarcoPolo gained exceptional experience battling on SS.Anne while my Aelita stood on the sidelines knowing her true value would come later on in the journey. Rival battle went smoothly with MarcoPolo more than rising to the occasion as my team's current Ace. After healing at the Pokemon Center, I taught Cut to Newton(replacing Wrap) and battled the three Trainers to give MarcoPolo a warmup. Finally it was time for Lt.Surge. Cue Music! Music

Lt.Surge

vs.

Columbus

Lt.Surge sends out...

Raichu level 28

Columbus sends out...

MarcoPolo level 27

Unlike in my last challenge, I waste no time with this one by opting to go with what works best. Raichu has the speed advantage and could deliver a solid physical punch with Mega Punch or Mega Kick. His other moves are Thunderbolt, which is completely useless and Growl. I expected a Mega Punch but what do I get round 1? Growl.... I facepalmed so hard when MarcoPolo dug a hole I literally wanted to find a meme for this moment. Round 2 he tries using Thunderbolt(which wouldn't have worked even if I was topside) and I come up to connect with Dig to OHKO to claim the Thunder Badge.

The rest of my planned team isn't available until Celadon City so I have to brave Rock Tunnel with my current roster. I presently only have 6 Pokemon species caught so I can't go and claim the Flash HM(not like its absolutely mandatory). I grind to level 30 knowing that the road ahead is long and arduous. Although Vine Whip and Dig have 10 PP respectively, I forget how invaluable Aelita's Confusion can be for Rock Type Pokemon(and the fact it has 25 PP). After battling the Trainers on Route 9&10, I heal at the Pokemon Center before making my way into the dark cave that is Rock Tunnel. All three of my team members share in the responsibility of fighting the ever mounting obstacles but eventually I come out on the other side victorious. After healing at Lavendar Town I make my way over to Celadon City to pick up my next two Team Members...

Stooges level 22

and

Serena level 18

Stooges is after the Three Stooges(for its next form) while Serena... honestly I can't think of a better name than Serena for a Vulpix. It just fits and I'd likely lose my mind if the Anime character Serena were to catch one. Final member of my team won't come until the very tail end of update#3. After backtracking to Cerulean for some training(can do so with Saffron now unlocked), I opt to do Rocket Game Corner first. After wiping the floor with everyone and claiming the Silph Scope, I walk over to Celadon Gym and battle every Trainer I could encounter to maximize my Experience. I healed up and then squared off with Erika.

Erika

vs.

Columbus

Erika sends out...

Tangela level 30

Columbus sends out...

Serena level 31

On non-challenge runs, I typically like facing her with a Fire Pokemon that knows Flamethrower but I have to challenge myself a bit. As a backup, I have Stooges waiting in the wings with Drill Peck. On the opening round, I have the speed advantage so I open with Ember and it takes a huge chunk of HP from Tangela. Erika responds by having it use Bind and I get locked down for three turns. I then use Ember again and manage to KO it.

Erika's 2nd Pokemon...

Weepinbell level 32

Weepinbell can be nasty thanks to Acid, two status moves(Stun Spore/Sleep Powder) and its signature Razor Leaf. Fortunately Vulpix has the speed edge so I open with Confuse Ray and it manages to cause damage via Confusion. I then follow it up with Ember but then she hits me with a Stun Spore, Paralyzing my Serena. It now holds the speed edge but I opt to stick it out due to wanting to finish it off. It opens the next round with Acid and I take a good chunk of damage because Vulpix's defense isn't very good. To make matters worse, my Defense also drops. By a stroke of good luck though, Paralysis doesn't stop my from using Ember and I knock out her Weepinbell.

Erika's Ace...

Gloom level 32

With Serena in poor shape, I open the final battle by swapping to Stooges. I take a nasty Pedal Dance but thanks to Stooges typing, it doesn't knock me out. Due to Stooges speed, I have the advantage going forward and unleash a wicked Drill Peck that nearly knocks her Gloom out. Her response is another Petal Dance attack that just barely misses knocking me out(I had 3 HP left lol). I open the final round with Drill Peck and finish her Gloom off to claim the Rainbow Badge.

Current Team Update:

Aelita level 34
                    Psybeam
                    Double Team
                    Sleep Powder
                    Confusion

MarcoPolo level 34
                    Slash
                    Sand Attack
                    Dig
                    Swift

Newton level 34
                    Cut
                    Razor Leaf
                    Growth
                    Sleep Powder

Serena level 31
                    Quick Attack
                    Confuse Ray
                    Ember
                    Tail Whip

Stooges level 31
                    Peck
                    Fly
                    Drill Peck
                    Fury Attack

Update#3 Koga and Sabrina
                    Spoiler:
                    After backtracking to Pokemon Tower(where Aelita's Psybeam and Confusion attacks really shined) to claim the PokeFlute, I battled my way to Fuchsia City(including a couple wild Snorlax that are always an annoyance). Grinded in my favorite training spot on Cycling Road so that I could evolve Stooges and teach it a couple new moves in Double Team and Swift(which I got for free). I thought about teaching it Tri Attack(its signature move) but opted for Swift seeing as it virtually never misses. Anyways, time for Koga, cue Music! Music

Koga

vs.

Columbus

Koga sends out...

Venonat level 44

Columbus sends out...

Serena level 47

I realize I got a bit of a level advantage but... I'm still in my native Vulpix form as I can't bring up the courage to evolve her into a Ninetales(at least for now). Regardless, this first matchup was no contest. Serena used Flamethrower! It was Super Effective! Venonat fainted!

Up next....

Venonat level 46

Same deal as before lol. Serena used Flamethrower! Critical Hit! It was Super Effective! Venonat fainted!

Next in line....

Venonat level 48

Although Venonat has the level advantage, I still have the speed advantage. Serena used Flamethrower! Critical Hit! It was Super Effective! Venonat Fainted! Two Crit's in a row is pure luck but the real fight has yet to begin.

Koga's Ace...

Venomoth level 50

Not only do I not have the level advantage but I don't have the speed advantage. Fortunately I have MarcoPolo and Stooges as back up both knowing Swift in the event his Venomoth goes wild on Double Team. Koga opens with Toxic so Serena gets badly poisoned. I counter-attack with another Flamethrower that brings his Venomoth down to about 33%. He then uses Psychic the next round and knocks out Serena with a Critical Hit after the Poison weakened her a bit. I then send out Stooges and manage to finish him off with a Drill Peck due to the fact I had the speed edge. With Soulbadge in hand, I make my way to Saffron and Silph.

After clearing it out and battling my rival once more, I got my final Team member in...

Magellan level 15

I made my way to Saffron Gym where Newton shredded the Slowpokes/Slowbro's with Razor Leaf and Aelita battled the Ghost Pokemon with Psychic. After healing everyone up and planning my Gym strategy, I challenged Sabrina.

Sabrina

vs.

Columbus

Sabrina sends out...

Abra level 50

Columbus sends out...

Stooges level 49

Stooges gets the nod with the aim of raising my Evasion with Double Team. I have a few X-Accuracy in my backpack after selling non-essential items to barter for them to prepare for its Flash but I do have Swift just in case. I open with a max Evasion strategy and get hit with 4 Flash Attacks(three of which successfully land). I spend the next three turns repairing the Accuracy damage while I fortunately don't suffer any further reduction thanks to two Teleports and one failed Flash. I then use Fly and knock out Abra in one hit.

Up next....

Kadabra level 50

Evasion being maxed in this game makes battles such a cakewalk. Kadabra's first attack misses while my Drill Peck scores a critical hit for a OHKO.

Sabrina's Ace...

Alakazam level 50

Sabrina opens with Reflect so my Drill Peck wasn't able to knock it out in one hit. She then uses Recover and I opt to use Fly. Her next move was Psychic, which misses and I land a brutal blow that manages to knock it out. Marshbadge is mine!

I then go and grind the living hell out of Magellan before heading to Fuchsia and the eventual Sea Journey to Cinnabar Island.

Current Team:

Magellan level 50
                    Body Slam
                    Ice Beam
                    Surf
                    Strength

Stooges level 50
                    Drill Peck
                    Fly
                    Double Team
                    Swift

Aelita level 50
                    Psybeam
                    Double Team
                    Sleep Powder
                    Psychic

MarcoPolo level 50
                    Slash
                    Sand Attack
                    Dig
                    Swift

Newton level 50
                    Cut
                    Razor Leaf
                    Growth
                    Sleep Powder

Serena level 50
                    Quick Attack
                    Confuse Ray
                    Flamethrower
                    Fire Spin

Haven't gotten the urge to evolve her just yet. Also haven't decided if I'm going to do Double Team on her or not.

Update#4 Blaine, Giovanni and more!!
                    Spoiler:
                    So I've been slacking since my last update so I decided to do EVERYTHING in one fell swoop. Rummaged through the Cinnabar Mansion to claim the key to Blaine's Gym where Magellan was ready to throttle him hard after disposing of the annoying apprentice trainers prior to him for valuable Experience. Cue Music!! Music

Blaine

vs.

Columbus

Blaine sends out...

Ninetales level 48

Columbus sends out...

Magellan level 52

Although I have the level advantage, Blaine's Pokemon have the speed edge so I'm going to have to withstand whatever they throw my way. However, I'm likely going to OHKO all but his Arcanine using Surf(although we shall see with the last one). Anyways, Blaine opens with a Quick Attack that does relatively minor damage while I respond with a Surf attack that OHKO's Ninetales(poor Ninetales.... just love that Pokemon).

Up next....

Rapidash level 50

Blaine opens with Take Down that fortunately misses. I counter with Surf for another OHKO.

Blaine's Ace...

Arcanine level 54

Blaine opens the round with Reflect, halving all Physical Damage without realizing that I won't be using Physical moves to take him down. I open with another Surf that is a critical hit for a OHKO. Volcano badge is now mine! I make my way to Viridian Gym, quickly disposing of the apprentice trainers before healing and deciding who gets the honor of taking down Giovanni. After making my decision, it was time to claim the final badge.

Giovanni

vs.

Columbus

Giovanni sends out...

Dugtrio level 50

Columbus sends out...

Aelita level 51

I typically like facing Giovanni with a Flying Type Pokemon due to the fact it removes ALL his powerful Ground Type moves from the table. I mean sure I have Thunder and Rock Slide to worry about but Aelita knows Double Team and as we all know, Double Team makes those moves virtually worthless. Even moves like Thrash and Slash aren't as scary. The only Pokemon of Giovanni's I may have an issue with is his Persian due to knowing the very same move: Double Team. Anyways, with Giovanni's Pokemon being relatively weak to Special attacks(two of which are very vulnerable to Psychic), this should go relatively easy. I do have a few X-Accuracy in my backpack from the Sabrina battle to be on the safe side. Anyways, I open with Double Team x 6. Giovanni has the speed edge and opens with Earthquake, Dig, Fissure, and Dig. With Evasion now maxed, I order a Psychic attack while Giovanni attempts an Earthquake move in vain. Psychic hits and badly damages his Dugtrio. I finish it off the next round with a Psybeam attack.

Up next....

Persian level 53

Persian opens with a Screech attack that drops my Defense stat by 2. I open with Sleep Powder and put the cat to sleep wherein I hit it with Psychic and drop it to about 40%. As it continued to slumber I knock it out with a Critical Hit Psybeam. Easier than I thought it would be... Sleep OP, plz nerf :D

Up next...

Nidoqueen level 53

Ah my favorite Poison Type. This was sadly no contest.... Giovanni opens with Thunder that predictably misses and I open with Psychic. OHKO.

Up next...

Nidoking level 55

I dodge yet another Thunder Attack to unleash another Psychic. Another OHKO... woot!

Giovanni's Ace...

Rhydon level 55

Giovanni opens with Rock Slide(since its Super Effective if it hits) and I dodge it to unleash another Psychic. Although not Super Effective, its enough to whittle down Rhydon to roughly half HP. He tries again with Rock Slide and I finish it off with a Critical Hit Psychic. Earth Badge is now mine!! After healing, I go to Route 22 and dispose of my rival and make the long arduous trek through Victory Road. Finally I make it to Indigo Plateau and the Elite Four. Before facing them, I opted to grind to level 60 on Cycling Road. Why 60? It's comfortably high enough to where I could breeze through without too much trouble but not so overly high level that I'm stronger than Blue's Pokemon. Also rather than going to the lengths of describing the Elite Four and Champion matches like the last challenge, I'll simply give the cliff notes version:

Lorelei: Newton shredded her Water Types while her Jynx was a pain. I managed to put it to sleep before knocking it out and finishing off her Lapras in the same manner as her other Water Types.
                    Bruno: MarcoPolo used Dig on his first Onix and OHKO'd it. I then used Sand Attack x 6 on Hitmonlee before swapping to Stooges. I raised Stooges Evasion and had to use Swift to knock out his Hitmonlee due to the use of Double Team. Hitmonchan fell in one blow from Drill Peck and I had to grind like crazy on his 2nd Onix(but it eventually fell). His Machamp fell to a Fly OHKO.
                    Agatha: Aelita was the MVP of this bout. I opened with Double Team to raise her Evasion while Agatha opened with Substitute and then tried to Confuse me with Confuse Ray but failed at least twice. Also tried landing Lick and Mega Drain attacks but thanks to Double Team, nothing landed. I then used Psybeam to break the Substitute before finishing it off with Psychic. The next four Pokemon battles went like so: Agatha used a move and missed. I used Psychic and Agatha's Pokemon faints.
                    Lance: Since I lacked an Electric Type like Pikachu, I lacked a Pokemon with a clear advantage over Gyrados' Water/Flying Typing. MarcoPolo and Serena would be suicide while Newton, Stooges and Aelita had already battled. That left Magellan as the go-to option and I simply grinded down Gyrados with one Ice Beam after another and managed to tank a Leer and Dragon Rage attack. His two Dragonairs fell to Ice Beam OHKO's while his speed demon Aerodactyl managed to land a strong Hyper Beam before being knocked out by Surf. Against his Dragonite, I was fortunate to get a Critical Hit Ice Beam to OHKO it.
                    Blue: I used Full Restores on everyone prior to the fight to ensure I was ready to go. I opened with Magellan seeing as Sandslash was his first Pokemon and I OHKO it with Surf. After surviving a Psybeam, I hit with a strong Body Slam that doesn't knock it out but paralyzes it. I then follow it up with a Strength attack that KO's it. Against Exeggutor, Ice Beam for the win! Ninetales falls to a Surf before I Body Slam Cloyster into Paralysis. I will attest that Cloyster is a Physical Tank but being that I'm extremely resistant to his Water/Ice moves, Cloyster eventually falls. His Jolteon... dear god I hate facing Electric Types(much less Jolteon). Fortunately, I love having Ground Types so MarcoPolo swaps in and OHKO's it with a Dig Attack.

MVP of this Yellow run has to go to Magellan in my book. Sweeps Lance and Blue virtually solo ;D Honorable mention to Aelita though by taking down Agatha and getting me through the early parts of the game. I never used Serena in my Elite Four run and I never evolved her either :D

Vulpix rules!
                    Old April 29th, 2018 (3:15 AM). Edited April 29th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.

CHAPTER 3 - The workers in the factory

Last time I was beating Team Rocket and stopped their attempt to have best factory in the Johto.
                    I also met champion of Kanto and Johto. He told me that if I beat him, he'll tell where to find legendary kid worker - Red.
                    And with that, I challenged Pryce to battle. Having 2 Fire-Types helped a lot. Probably first Gym that was easy. To the next Gym!
                    Clair... Her Gym has so annoying puzzle to do over and over again, when you have to heal afteer each battle. Also, I have only one Dragon-Type and one Ice-Type attacks so this will be interesting battle. I don't remember the details, but Gyarados is probably only Pokémon (and Gengar, but there are more Gyarados' in the game) that gives my whole team troubles. I really need that Electric-Type after I beat the league.
                    I did Kimono Girls side-quest and caught Ho-Oh in the Master Ball.
                    Victory Road time! Last encounter with Silver in Johto! And... I lost...
                    Let's do some training! Now all my Pokémon are around level 65, because I don't know what levels are E4 and most of the champions have Pokémon around level 65 in other games.
                    Silver's down.
                    Now it's time to face the E4 and Lance...
                    Will - I have Fanga to deal with Psychic-Types and Sei have Bite and I'm overleveled, so this one is not a problem.
                    Koga - Okay, this one was interesting. I had nothing to deal with these Poison-Types, so I just went with pure power - that's interesting, right?
                    Bruno - Once again, I don't have anything to deal with this one, but I!m still overleveled, so I can deal with it.
                    Karen - Finally someone I can beat with strategy! And by strategy I mean using No Guard Evan's DynamicPunch!
                    And finally, champion Lance another Gyarados - Ice-Beam (or Aurora Beam, I'm not sure which one I had at that moment)!

And with that, I became champion of the E4. With the money I my mum won, we could get eletricity into my mum's company so all the kid workers don't have to work in the dark.

So I caught Mareep, since I really needed Eletric-Type to deal with Water-Types and Gyarados. I swapped it with Leon, as Sei was enough for a Water-Type.

And because this is getting really long, I'll put whole Kanto region in one sentence. I was overleveled after the E4, so I had no problem dealing with Kanto Gym Leaders.

And finally, the legendary kid worker - Red. He said he would work for my mum only if I beat him. His team was around level 90, while mine was around level 78. It was long and hard battle, but in the end, Red has new contract and now I'm new legendary kid worker - Zeman Twist.

After I returned home, I was awarded by more work in My Mum's Factory. I overheard my mum saying that she would like to expand to other regions too, now that she controls Kanto and Johto. She mentioned Hoenn as her next target.

Team

Spyro, Bold Male Typhlosion
                    lvl 77, Flash Fire
                    - Flamethrower
                    - Eruption
                    - ThunderPunch
                    - Earth Power

lvl 80, Hydration
                    - Surf
                    - Bite
                    - Ice Beam
                    - Waterfall

Fanga, Hardy Female Houndoum
                    lvl 77, Intimidate
                    - Flamethrower
                    - Faint Attacl
                    - Nasty Plot
                    - Dark Pulse

Naill, Lonely Male Steelix
                    lvl 80, Sturdy
                    - Earthquake
                    - DragonBreath
                    - Curse
                    - Iron Tail

Evan, Naughty Male Machamp
                    lvl 76, No Guard
                    - DynamicPunch
                    - Rock Climb
                    - Strength
                    - Stone Edge

Li, Relaxed Female Ampharos
                    lvl 78, Static
                    - Discharge
                    - Signal Beam
                    - Flash
                    - Power Gem

So first part completed and I'll probably start another run on Omega Ruby soon.
                    Old May 1st, 2018 (5:21 AM). Edited May 1st, 2018 by Zemanahrad.

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Omega Ruby

CHAPTER 4 - Hoenncoming

Few days after my win againts Red, I was tasked by my mum to go to the new region called Hoenn. I'm supposed to find this mysterious guy who controls the market with best metal and steel in the world and convince him to join My Mum's Corp in order to rule over another region.
                    So I was transported in the back of a truck like some kind of furniture into town called Littleroot Town. Here I met with my contact May. She's kid worker like me, but helps in some kind of science stuff.She's weak.
                    She sent me to guy named Norman in the next city. He knew something, but would give this info only if I beat him in battle. And I can challenge him only if I have 4 Hoenn Badges! Okay, let's hunt some badges.
                    Norman told me to go to Rusboro City and beat local Gym Leader Roxanne. So I did that.
                    After the heated Gym Battle I got into fight between Devon Corp - something like My Mum's Corp but worse and Team Magma - some weirdos in devil's costumes. I sided with Devon Corp and was taken to their leader... some Stoner.
                    He knew who I was looking for and told me to deliver his Letter to guy named Steven in Dewfort Town. He should know the person I want.
                    So I took a boat to the island, where the town lies and am currently searching for this Steven guy.

Team

Chicana, Lax Female Combusken
                    lvl 17, Blaze
                    - Ember
                    - Growl
                    - Peck
                    - Double Kick

Gall, Quiet Male Wingull
                    lvl 15, Keen Eye
                    - Water Pulse
                    - Mist
                    - Supersonic
                    - Wing Attack

Xer, Hasty Male Makuhita
                    lvl 12, Thick Fat
                    - Fake Out
                    - Sand Attack
                    - Arm Thrust
                    - Focus Energy
                    Old May 4th, 2018 (12:29 PM).

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Omega Ruby

CHAPTER 5 - Electricity is not permitted here!

After few days of searching, I somehow got to local Gym. Gym Leader Brawly is friend of this Steven. I have to beat him to make him tell me where to find him.
                    So Gall destroyed Brawly and I finally got some info about Steven. Apparently he's big stone nerd. or where they minerals?
                    Doesn't matter! Found him in cave outside of the town. He is so lame. He only talks about how he has the best steel in the world. He even gave me disk with steel wings. I'm not even asking him about that mysterious Steel guy. I hope I'll never find him again.
                    Ohh and there were some parts that need to be delivered into Slateport City. Guess who have to do it? No, not Steven... But me.
                    So I was transported to another city. And guess what? Devon is fighting Magma again, so it's on me (again) to help them.
                    Now I'm free to do anything I want to. So I make my way to another Gym, while meeting with May again. She still works for the profesor. She should be taken to our factory.
                    Next City is one big mall. With a lot of kid workers working there.
                    Wattson, local Gym Leader was pushover. I only beat him to get another badge so I get information from Norman. Which will be same with next Gym.

Team

Chicana, Lax Female Combusken
                    lvl 28, Blaze
                    - Flame Charge
                    - Cut
                    - Peck
                    - Double Kick

Gall, Quiet Male Wingull
                    lvl 24, Keen Eye
                    - Water Pulse
                    - Quick Attack
                    - Supersonic