• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add New Pokemon In 15 Easy Steps!

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
Years
All right. This is my first tutorial, for all those who don't know me (all of you), I'm Tom. I have been trying to figure out how to add Pokemon, so I read every tutorial out there, but none seemed to work. So I took it upon myself and started to experiment. This tutorial works for me, I hope it works for you! I already wrote this, but my computer deleted it all, so here we go again.

NOTE ON EMERALD:
Spoiler:

What you'll need!
Spoiler:

STEP 1:
Spoiler:

STEP 2:
Spoiler:

STEP 3:
Spoiler:

STEP 4:
Spoiler:

STEP 5:
Spoiler:

STEP 6:
Spoiler:

STEP 7:
Spoiler:

STEP 8:
Spoiler:

STEP 9:
Spoiler:

STEP 10:
Spoiler:

STEP 11:
Spoiler:

STEP 12:
Spoiler:

STEP 13:
Spoiler:

STEP 14:
Spoiler:

STEP 15:
Spoiler:

Other Things You Can Do!
Spoiler:

Thank you!

Last edited:

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
Years
Thanks dude.This tutorial helped me a lot.But i don't get one thing:
661+10=671
From where you get those 10?

The ten are just a little extra to be safe. I don't think it's necessary, but I like to have it there...

Rom linking is against the rules, tpravetz...
Reported.

Aw, I forgot. Drat. I wasn't thinking of that when I posted them. I'll remove the link.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2009
DUDEs.. my bacsprite gets all messed up. either its the pallet or it just goes haywire, either way it gets screwed..HELP

tpravetz

... doesn't exist.
Years
Hmm... good Tutorial.
It looks helpful, by looking at the infomation and screenshots.
Good work!:)
Why thank you! As I said before, this is my first tutorial, and it very nice to get such compliments. :)
Hey nice tutorial helped me out a lot
I'm glad, and the same thing I said to Munchlax.
wow thank you for the changing pokemon. Also you may have found a way for fire red hackers to insert pokemon in those 25 empty spaces.
Was that not known before? I think it was. But it wasn't really me. I just read a ton of tutorials on the web, but none seemed to work for me, so I just sort of mixed them all together...

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
wow thank you for the changing pokemon. Also you may have found a way for fire red hackers to insert pokemon in those 25 empty spaces.
Do you even know why those 25 empty spaces aren't used?

Was that not known before? I think it was. But it wasn't really me. I just read a ton of tutorials on the web, but none seemed to work for me, so I just sort of mixed them all together...
What you posted is already known. What's not known is how to repoint the pokedex entries so the pokemon can be encountered in the wild without the game freezing.

Years
FinalZero said:
What you posted is already known. What's not known is how to repoint the pokedex entries so the pokemon can be encountered in the wild without the game freezing.

Weird... After I inserted the sprite 'n stuff, I tested if the sprite was inserted good... So, I set the Munchlax I inserted as one of the possible wildpkmn encounters, and the game didn't freeze when I encountered him.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Weird... After I inserted the sprite 'n stuff, I tested if the sprite was inserted good... So, I set the Munchlax I inserted as one of the possible wildpkmn encounters, and the game didn't freeze when I encountered him.
Was it a pokemon in one of the ???????? spots or not?

Years
Was it a pokemon in one of the ???????? spots or not?

Depends on how you see it. You know, right before Bulbasaur (in Poke Edit Pro that is) there's a "?????????" spot, which I presume is the Missingno. from the 3rd gen games. And after celebi, we have 25 "?" slots. I used the first "?" slot, right after celebi, and it worked fine for me. The only thing I still need to do, is import the backsprite, the shiny sprites, the icon sprite and the change the cry (it's still the cry of the Unown)

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Depends on how you see it. You know, right before Bulbasaur (in Poke Edit Pro that is) there's a "?????????" spot, which I presume is the Missingno. from the 3rd gen games. And after celebi, we have 25 "?" slots. I used the first "?" slot, right after celebi, and it worked fine for me. The only thing I still need to do, is import the backsprite, the shiny sprites, the icon sprite and the change the cry (it's still the cry of the Unown)
I meant one of the slots after celebi. Also, it's don't thinks it's Missingo that's before bulbasaur. Why would they purposely import a glitch like that? I don't know what it's supposed to be though. Maybe just a placeholder for the ? graphic? According to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ten_question_marks, it has a pokedex entry also; I'm not really sure what it's use is. Call is Missongno if you want, but it's not the same and I'd argue that it'd be a misnomer.

Tell me, what happens when you try to view the pokedex entry for the pokemon you inserted then?

Years
I meant one of the slots after celebi. Also, it's don't thinks it's Missingo that's before bulbasaur. Why would they purposely import a glitch like that? I don't know what it's supposed to be though. Maybe just a placeholder for the ? graphic? According to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ten_question_marks, it has a pokedex entry also; I'm not really sure what it's use is. Call is Missongno if you want, but it's not the same and I'd argue that it'd be a misnomer.

Tell me, what happens when you try to view the pokedex entry for the pokemon you inserted then?

I usually just avoid the first "???????" spot. I just assume that it serves as and importance there... Hmmm. Tell me what happens -DarK-.

Well, there's no Pokedex entry (the entry that got "used" [wasn't actually used, there was no info on it] is the pokemon which is currently the last one in your pokedex, which my case was a rattata), but the pokemon/game itself doesn't gets glitched up. I managed to insert it correctly (sprite, backsprite, shiny, icon, etc), but there's only one thing I'm having problems with: the cry. The cry is still the same as the Unown, and honestly, I have no idea how to change it without glitching the game. I tried using PokeCryGUI (included with Elite Map) but it glitched up my game's music and sounds.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
The cry is still the same as the Unown, and honestly, I have no idea how to change it without glitching the game. I tried using PokeCryGUI (included with Elite Map) but it glitched up my game's music and sounds.

Yes, the cry is the same as Unown, but this data isn't same.
PokeCry in Elitemap is blocked between the numbers 252 - 276.
I'll make new version of PokeCry with no "protection".

Years
Yes, the cry is the same as Unown, but this data isn't same.
PokeCry in Elitemap is blocked between the numbers 252 - 276.
I'll make new version of PokeCry with no "protection".

Will you? Great! That will be so awesome! The only thing that's left to do then is a Pokedex editor, to make sure that you get those entries can be added as well. Then adding pokemon to advance games would be as good as complete. ^^

Last edited:
Back