• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forks or Chopsticks?

Western Cutlery or Chopsticks?

• Western Cutlery (forks, knives, etc.)

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Chopsticks

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Both

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Eating with chopsticks is a lot of fun, but I have nothing to warrant it. Like I don't even eat chicken fingers or meatballs or snacks out of a jar or anything to play around with them, but I'm quite skilled with them since I've been using them with Asian food for 25+ years.

Years
Still haven't learned to use chopsticks....people have shown me but alas I am a failure :< so the usual forks and spoons for me, regardless of what food.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I mean, definitely depends on the cuisine - I'm not busting out the chopsticks to eat spaghetti

I am Asian though, so meals at home are usually eaten with chopsticks. I'm not actually good at using them, and my dad did not notice/inform me until I was like 13, then tried to "correct" the way I hold chopsticks but like dude I had been eating like this for at least 10 years at that point, not that easy to change

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I mean, definitely depends on the cuisine - I'm not busting out the chopsticks to eat spaghetti

I am Asian though, so meals at home are usually eaten with chopsticks. I'm not actually good at using them, and my dad did not notice/inform me until I was like 13, then tried to "correct" the way I hold chopsticks but like dude I had been eating like this for at least 10 years at that point, not that easy to change

Wait, there's a correct way to hold them? How was your form different?

Years
I haven't used chopsticks since like high school... I would absolutely suck with them. Until I can learn how to use them properly, forks it is.

Years
Chopsticks if they're available and I have the patience to try using them, otherwise it's forks all the way. I have just about no practice with chopsticks so if I'm hungry I'm not even bothering.

Plus I tend to forget about them even at places where I could get them. :(

Years
cXAUhTp.jpg

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Forks, even at Asian restaurants. My motor skills aren't strong, so chopsticks are very difficult for me to use...

Last edited:
Years
I actually find chopsticks easier than using a knife and fork. I was never really one for etiquette growing up and I was a very fussy eater and most of the food I did eat was food that was generally eaten by hand (sandwiches, chips & burgers, fruit, snack food) or with a spoon (porridge, stew) so I didn't really use a knife and fork growing up much at all. I'm much less of a fussy eater now and I can of course use a knife and fork, I just didn't much.

Then the first time I moved away from home was to Beijing and that was also the time I started regularly eating out at restaurants with friends, and the cutlery of most establishments was of course chopsticks so I was thrust into using them and it's not really that hard to master if you have to do it. Was an expert after two weeks and now I'll instinctively always choose chopsticks.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Honestly, I can't use chopsticks for the life of me. I think a lot of it is due to poor motor coordination. I've never been able to figure them out no matter how hard I try. :c So, western cutlery for me.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Chopsticks are easy to use. My 8 year old self used it improperly but it still worked, I got the food in my mouth.

Back