• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you doing to reach your goals?

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
Most of us have desires, goals, aspirations, etc. What are you doing to reach your goals?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Honestly, my crush on Korrina from Pokemon has been helping me work harder to make my dreams come true :D

I no longer have such a huge fear of people or so many word phobias now and i feel i can treat people more kindly now too thanks to her.

She helps me with my autism so much. Proof that Pokemon really is an amazing series x3; <3

Years
Behold, my unchanging approach!

Edit:
I'm actually pushing through some boundaries right now - namely embarrassment - so it can't be said that I'm not trying. How pathetically is neither here nor there.

I'm going to try getting into commercials and plays to show the academy that I'm eager to perform, accommodating my normal studies all the while, and I'm going to furnish myself with some friends - psychosis permitting, of course. Interweb people are all right, but when you're a person of such incurable fustian... yeah, it ain't easy to make pals.

Outdated:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Right now, my main goal is to do the best that I can in all my exams in the upcoming year so that I can get into the degree at university that will allow me to pursue my dream career. As a result, I know the specific score I have to reach and use a subset of goals to make sure that I'm performing the best in my exams that I can. I'm bad at time management but setting false deadlines for myself, and also making tasks small and manageable helps me get on top of reaching towards my goals. Studying well in advance for exams has also made me a lot more comfortable - at first I really couldn't be bothered but gradually increasing it from 10 mins a day to 15 mins etc. has helped me now study at least 3 or 4 hrs a day, which I never thought I could do in a million years.

Since motivation is a huge issue, I've also been using this app called Forest which allows you to grow cute trees in return for setting timers to do work :D So far so good, as it has helped me increase the amount of study I do each day. So hopefully all the work pays off!

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I actually have a life schedule and shit so I don't waste time too much. So I have hours that I plan for writing, reading, school, sports, cooking, friends, etc. And then when I do something that one improves at (ya know, writing rather than friends), I try to be self-critical. Self-reflection, writing down my thoughts, analyzing the problems I run into, and finding solutions. And I try to make effective use of my time while I do that. If I find I'm not doing my best, or failing to concentrate, I ask myself why, and what I could change to fix that.

I would have loved to schedule myself in earlier, because as a teen the idea of doing good at school, having hobbies, and having a social life seemed really daunting, but it's very possible, it turns out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I modified my lifting regiment in an effort to break my personal records on my compound lifts and continue to get big and joooooicy.

I'm taking on projects much more frequently and building a great portfolio of web design work and going to start applying for jobs after I'm done these next two/three projects I'm working on.

Negative progress has been made financially. Womp.

Last edited:

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Doing my best to become an observant, quick-thinking and reliable manager so I can eventually score a higher position, higher pay, and a solid career path.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
my main goal right now is to move in with my boyfriend eventually after i finish community college.

i am trying to achieve that by finishing said community college, and to hopefully get some sort of job after i finish cc. i can't really do a whole lot about it as of right now as my mental state can't handle doing both a job and school, so i'm just doing school for the moment.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I don't know what my goals are per se, I'm probably going to be the person in Bazh Luhrmann's Sunscreen who at 40 still doesn't know what they're doing. But I'm working on providing myself options to choose from - I'll finish my undergrad degree early next year, so I'll have to decide what postgrad study I'll be doing afterwards. I'm also slowly working up some options within NZ media which I'm kinda interested in pursuing - won a couple of writing awards here last year, so using my capability for writing could end up being the path I want to pursue after all. That's not to to say I'm not still on the path to teaching, but in many ways, it is a more exciting option than teaching.

Years
Most of my goals in life are on hold right now so I can focus on my health issues and work towards recovery. For those few goals that aren't dependent on my well being quite as much, it mostly comes down to practising the relevant skills.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm not really sure... I'm pretty much just winging it. Many of my goals include trying to overcome my ADHD and anxiety, but I also have hopes at being a better writer. It's challenging because there's so much for me to do that... again, I'm basically just winging it.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
deadass just powering through this last semester then i get to the next big part of my life its monotonous and boring as fuck atm but its 5 months left till im set Free

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Right now I'm just carrying on as best I can and waiting for the dates when things will happen so that I know what I can do next.

It's driving me absolutely fucking nuts.

Years
Right now I'm just carrying on as best I can and waiting for the dates when things will happen so that I know what I can do next.

It's driving me absolutely psyducking nuts.

I can partially relate to this but my own 'dates' are not for a fair bit of time. I'm trying to find ways to be productive in the meantime.

Back