Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Ad Content

#76   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:29 PM).

Update #4 of my Ultra Sun poison monotype challenge :

Poni Island completed !
    Set battle style + no Exp. Share / Rotom Powers/ Battle X items

Lusamine :
    Spoiler:

Kommo-o :
    Spoiler:

Necrozma :
    Spoiler:

Rimbombee :
    Spoiler:

Hapu :
    Spoiler:

Z-Crystals :

Current team :
    iEatGarbage the Alolan Muk Lv.51 @ Leftovers | Poison Touch | Crunch / Gunk Shot / Minimize / Ice Punch
    Boo the Gengar Lv.51 @ Choice Specs | Cursed Body | Shadow Ball / Sludge Bomb / Psychic / Energy Ball
    Alucard the Crobat Lv.51 @ Flyinium Z | Inner Focus | Fly / Cross Poison / U-turn / Defog
    NoBully the Toxapex Lv.49 @ Leftovers | Merciless | Scald / Venoshock / Toxic / Toxic Spikes
    Ribbon the Salazzle Lv.53 @ Firium Z | Corrosion | Flamethrower / Sludge Wave / Nasty Plot / Toxic
    Pinhead the Poipole Lv.40 @ Poisonium Z | Beast Boost | Sludge Wave / Hidden Power / Nasty Plot / Charm
      #77   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:47 PM).

Update #5 and last update of my Ultra Sun poison monotype challenge :

Elite Four completed !
      Set battle style + no Exp. Share / Rotom Powers/ Battle X items

Molayne :
      Spoiler:

Kahili :
      Spoiler:

Olivia :
      Spoiler:

Acerola :
      Spoiler:

Hau :
      Spoiler:

Z-Crystals :

Final team :
      iEatGarbage the Alolan Muk Lv.54
      Spoiler:

Boo the Gengar Lv.56
      Spoiler:

Alucard the Crobat Lv.54
      Spoiler:

NoBully the Toxapex Lv.52
      Spoiler:

Ribbon the Salazzle Lv.55
      Spoiler:

Pinhead the Naganadel Lv.51
      Spoiler:

Challenge done !

Hardest parts :
      Lusamine, Gladion (Mount Lanakila), Molayne & Kahili

Strongest pokémons :
      Gengar (with Choice Specs) & Salazzle was pretty good

Weakest pokémons :
      Arbok by far & probably Toxapex (I should have gone for Tentacruel instead)
        #78   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:35 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Znz.

Just finished my challenge but let's start another one !

Forum User Name : Znz
        Game : Ultra Sun
        Pokémon Type : Ghost
        Mode : Single
        Additional rules : Set battle style + Only Pokémon specific Z-Crystals are allowed + No items in battle / Pokémon Center or PC healing / Exp. Share / Totem Pokémon

The team I have in mind :
          #79   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:17 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by CasualToxicStall.
        Toxic's the name, stalling's the game

Forum User Name: Casual Toxic Stall
          Game(s): Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, Y, Ultra Moon
          Pokémon Type: Ground
          Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

Fire Red
          Update #1
          Spoiler:
          Cabbages the bulbasaur carried me until I could catch Giga and Terra. Had to over-level like crazy to deal with Misty and her water types. Surge was a pushover and Erika was a cake walk as well.

Update #2
          Spoiler:
          The rest of the gyms were a piece of cake. The elite four and champion destroyed me over and over until I did some serious grinding.

Final Team
          Spoiler:
          Giga Lvl 67 Brick Break|Surf|Megahorn|Dig
          Monty Lvl 66 Earthquake|Slash|Fissure|Cut
          Terra Lvl 66 Rock Blast|Earthquake|Mud Sport|Explosion
          Spike Lvl 66 Strength|Earthquake|Rock Blast|Horn Drill
          Annie Lvl 65 Headbutt|Leer|Thrash|Bonemerang
            #80   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:33 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Znz.

Update #1 of my Ultra Sun ghost monotype challenge :

Melemele Trial completed !
            Set battle style + Only Pokémon specific Z-Crystals are allowed + No items in battle / Pokémon Center or PC healing / Exp. Share / Totem Pokémon

· Teacher Emily was by far the hardest trainer, I had only Rowlet in my team and her Litten loved burning me with Ember
            · The Totem Pokémon was a breeze, I cursed him with my Gastly and my Dartrix took care of both Gumshoos and Yungoos with Razor Leaf
            · The Island Kahuna didn't stood a chance between my Gastly fighting immunity and my Dartrix Peck boosted by the Sharp Beak found earlier on Route 3

Screenshots :
            Spoiler:

Current team :

Spoiler:
              #81   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 3 Weeks Ago (4:27 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by MachoPony.
            Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
              Macho quakes his way through Johto Part 1

Spoiler:

Started, named self Macho. picked chikorita, did the starting stuff. chikorita beat silver. got pokeballs and caught Rocky 2 my first team member.

Rocky 2 levelled up a bit and progressed on through the rattatas and pidgeys of route 30 before hitting Violet City.

Sprout tower was nowhere near as tough as i expected. guess being overlevelled helps heh. Rocky 2 smashed the elder's bellsprout with a rock throw after missing and taking a vine whip. then got hypnosised by hoothoot, took a couple of tackles then woke up and rock throw OHKO.

On to the gym. cleaned house.
              VS Falkner
              pidgey annoyed me with a pair of sand attacks, but after 3 tries i hit rock throw for an OHKO. pidgeotto was next and i took a few gusts and missed some rock throws, finally hitting it down to low health, it roosted and a 2nd rock throw finished it.

Current Team:
              Spoiler:

Rocky 2 LV 16 Geodude
              Rock Throw
              Tackle
              Rock Polish
              Magnitude

Badges:
                #82   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 2 Weeks Ago (4:35 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by Aleimon Thimble.

Nature: Quirky
                I always like monotype runs :) They're not incredibly hard, but fun nevertheless. Monotype runs I've completed over the years include:

- Leaf Green: Mono Normal (Pidgeot, Raticate, Persian, Clefable, Snorlax, ?? - maybe Tauros)
                - Platinum: Mono Water (Empoleon, Tentacruel, Golduck, Gyarados, Gastrodon?, ?? - maybe Vaporeon)
                - Platinum: Mono Poison (Crobat, Gengar, Drapion, Tentacruel, Roserade, Toxicroak)
                - Black 2: Mono Bug (Heracross, Leavanny, Crustle, Galvantula, Volcarona, Yanmega)

I should do one on Emerald or Soul Silver.
                  #83   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (6:48 AM).

Update #2 of my Ultra Sun ghost monotype challenge :

Akala Trial completed !
                  Set battle style + Only Pokémon specific Z-Crystals are allowed + No items in battle / Pokémon Center or PC healing / Exp. Share / Totem Pokémon

Screenshots :
                  Spoiler:

· Alolan Marowak, that thing is a beast, Fire Punch OHKO'ed Totem Lurantis thanks to Thick Club. Not to mention the Electric immunity with his ability Lighting Rod
                  · PokéPelago at last, these PP berries come in handy

Current team :

Spoiler:
                    #84   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (9:04 PM).
                  Anti-Nonsense

Nature: Modest
                  Ice Waves
                  ddrox13's Monotype Challenge of Renegade Platinum with the Ice type.

Badges: 3/8

Ice is a really weird type early game. Because Ice-types are generally late game mons, they aren't really balanced around the early game. There's basically only two early level Ice moves - Icy Wind and Ice Shard - and then basically no intermediate moves before Ice Beam. On one hand, this means literally my whole team had Priority until I dropped it on Fjorm for Shadow Ball after Fantina. These two moves were essentially mandatory on everyone - leaving little room for the few coverage options I had. They also tend to have REALLY late evolutions - Lv40 for Snover, 42 for Snorunt (in the vanilla game), 33 for Swinub, rare item for Sneasel, location locked to the 7th gym for Eevee (again, vanilla), and so on. Those would be okay levels for the final bit of a 3-stage line, but those are all evolving from the base form, meaning they will almost always have subpar stats until the late game. Thankfully Renegade Plat also makes the "late game" levels start at around gym 5, which means we can start hitting those evo triggers earlier. After 3 gyms, my whole team has evolved once, bar Sneasel who can carry his own weight even without evolving and Snover who is... bad.

Also because of how garbage Ice is defensively, Speed is debatably my most important stat so far. Thankfully with a base 95 in Fjorm (Glaceon), a base 110 in Gjoll (Froslass), and a base 115 (soon to be 125) in Leiptr (Sneasel), we're fairly stocked in that department. On the other hand, thanks to aforementioned slow evolutions and just being, you know, slow, Hrid (Snover) and Sylgr (Piloswine) have been a bit of a liability thus far. I've faith in Sylgr - she's my Fire "resist", after all - but I worry for Hrid, as his typing makes it mostly impossible to just tank a hit and then nuke back, which leans towards him being a bit of a hail bot (which is pretty much how Abomasnow ended up the last time I did a Sinnoh Monotype).

Oh, and Thief is just really good in games where enemies have broken items super early like this one. So far, Leiptr has nabbed a Life Orb, some Leftovers, Light Clay for Sylgr to use, and some other junk. Technician also means I'll be keeping Thief for basically the whole run. Oh yeah, that's why Sneasel is so good before evolving - he literally has his final moveset already.

---

Anywho, on to what happened. I start this update with Gardenia. You'd expect her to be easy, but she has a Breloom (Technician Mach Punch), Belossom (BST 490), and Roserade (BST 515) among her ranks, and at this point I'm using Snorunt (BST 300) and Swinub (BST 250) among my main party members. Also I was trying not to use Fjorm to balance levels (she was still ~14 levels ahead from soloing the first quarter of the game), but Breloom I just didn't feel like dancing around Mach Punch, so Fjorm blew it up. Other than that, with a shot of Priority and a pinch of slow tf down wind, the other four members of my party managed to take out everyone else. And by that I mean I tried to use Hrid, Sylgr, and Gjoll as much as possible then just had Leiptr clean house.

Most of the Galactic Eterna Building was training for the three underlevelled party members (Hrid, Sylgr, Gjoll), but Fjorm and Leiptr again had to do most of the work during the Jupiter fight. The bike shop owner, in lieu of a bike (we already had one), granted me a Dawn Stone, which meant that Gjoll evolved into Froslass.

The Mira sidequest is mandatory in this game, so to wayward we go. I decided to use the opportunity to have my party healed after every battle to grind some more, and got everyone up to 32ish, or 33 in the case of Sylgr because I wanted to just have Sylgr evolve into Piloswine ASAP. Also Mira gives you a Dazzling Gleam TM. So that's a thing.

Now on-level with Fantina's party, it's time for... OH RIGHT THE AARON FIGHT. Yeah so Aaron of the Elite Four challenges you to an unofficial match as you're about to hit Hearthome, and even though the story progresses on a loss I kinda wanted to win, so after a few resets I was able to beat his Scizor with a crit Ice Beam from Fjorm, and therefore him. I am NOT looking forward to fighting that Scizor again.

The Fantina fight was really easy. Gjoll, now wielding Shadow Ball, tore through Drifblim and Dusclops. Leiptr took out Banette, while Fjorm handled Gengar and Spiritomb (ty Dazzling Gleam). Mismagius would have OHKOed my party, if not for Sylgr's Light Screen setup allowing Gjoll to eat a Shadow Ball and retaliate with a close-enough-to-lethal one of her own.

The Team

Spoiler:
                  I'll also be including some tidbits about important changes in Renegade Platinum for these Pokémon

Fjorm (Glaceon) (F) @ Metronome
                  Ability: Snow Cloak
                  Level: 36
                  Hasty Nature
                  - Ice Beam
                  - Dazzling Gleam
                  - Extrasensory
                  - Shadow Ball

Notable changes: Availability increased dramatically. Evolution changed to using an Ice Stone. Level-up movepool increased. Speed (formerly base 65) and Special Defense (formerly base 95) swapped. Gets Earth Power. Later.

Gjoll (Froslass) (F) @ Never-Melt Ice
                  Ability: Levitate
                  Level: 34
                  Rash Nature
                  - Shadow Ball
                  - Thunder Wave
                  - Ice Beam
                  - Ice Shard

Notable changes: Evolution to Glalie happens 10 levels earlier (32). Both evolutions gain Levitate. Glalie gains 30 Attack and Defense (now 110 each) at the cost of losing 20 SpAtk and SpDef (now 60 each). Froslass gains 30 SpAtk (now 110) at the cost of losing 10 Atk (now 70). Both result in a 20 point increase to BST (480 -> 500).

Sylgr (Piloswine) (F) @ Light Clay
                  Ability: Thick Fat
                  Level: 33
                  Gentle Nature
                  - Bulldoze
                  - Avalanche
                  - Ice Shard
                  - Light Screen

Notable changes: Gains Thick Fat over Oblivious. Movepool buffs. Bulldoze is in the game now, so it gets that too which is cool.

Hrid (Snover) (F) @ Leftovers
                  Ability: Snow Warning
                  Bashful Nature
                  - Wood Hammer
                  - Avalanche
                  - Ice Shard
                  - Leech Seed

Notable changes: Gains Soundproof as an alternate Ability. Learns Icicle Crash by level-up.

Leiptr (Sneasel) (F) @ Life Orb
                  Ability: Technician
                  Adamant Nature
                  - Thief
                  - Ice Shard
                  - Swords Dance
                  - Brick Break

Notable changes: Gains Technician as an Ability. Movepool buffs, including getting Crunch which I don't know why it didn't have before and Icicle Crash. Did I mention TECHNICIAN though?

Featuring guest appearances by:
                  ICEBOARD the Piplup as: The Starter
                  Totodile the Totodile as: The 2nd Pokemon for a mandatory double battle
                  NOT FALCO the Murkrow as: The trophy shiny and Fly slave

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
                  Challenges - TCG - Daily
                    #85   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 6 Days Ago (5:21 AM).
                  Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
                    Macho's Johto Journey: Ground Edition Part 2

Spoiler:

When we last left our hero, he just defeated the Sprout Tower elder and gym leader falkner with only a Geodude.

So i went further on to azalea town. caught Derp the wooper south of violet. couldve added onix or sanshrew to my team in union cave but decided to wait till i had a metal coat to get onix and skip sandshrew due to better ground types being available. (rip sandslash, maybe in gen 3) got through fine and hit Azalea town

VS Proton
                    Wooper took out zubat but was badly beaten up. so Rocky 2 came in to finish off koffing fairly easily. a few rock throws did it.

Hit up the gym, trained Derp through it.

VS Bugsy
                    Derp took a u-turn and struck incoming kakuna with mud shot. another pair took it down. Rocky 2 came in on scyther who kept dodging rock throws but also never used u-turn using focus energy, leer and quick attack instead eventually rock throw hit and knocked it out. metapod was a quick rock throw defeat.

and just outside the gym:
                    VS Silver
                    Derp took down gastly, Rocky 2 beat up zubat and after a few annoying misses thanks to smokescreen finally took down quilava with a rock throw.

Through ilex forest and towards goldenrod, nothing too troubling. Derp gained plenty of exp, dashed north of goldenrod and skipped most of the trainers to catch Barney the nidoranM trained him and derp in the underground, derp evolved there, barney evolved in the gym.

VS Whitney
                    Not as troublesome as you would think. Barney after some attract shenanigans beat up clefairy with a pair of double kicks. managed a leer on miltank before being stomped out. rocky was barely taking ANY damage from miltank, but it was being annoying with attract, hit a Magnitude 7 and then a few turns (and a super potion) later, finally hit a 2nd Magnitude also 7 to finish the job. kept using stomp and never used any other moves i swear it had milk drink and rollout in gsc. maybe they changed it for hgss.

Went further, hit up pokeathlon for awhile, got a metal coat on friday, then a moon stone the following monday. beat up sudowoodo. went back to union cave and after a ton of pokeballs (that's one stubborn Onix) i finally caught Snek. gave her the Metal coat and steelix is mine.

Current Team:
                    Spoiler:

Rocky 2 LV23 Geodude
                    Rock/Ground
                    Rock Throw
                    Rock Polish
                    Magnitude
                    Rollout

Barney LV20 Nidorino
                    Poison(/ground)
                    Poison Sting
                    Double Kick
                    Peck
                    Leer

Derp LV20 Quagsire
                    Water/Ground
                    Water Gun
                    Mud Shot
                    Mud Bomb
                    Tail Whip

SnekLV7 Steelix
                    Steel/Ground
                    Tackle
                    Bind
                    Screech
                    Harden

Badges:
                      #86   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 5 Days Ago (9:57 AM).

Update #3 of my Ultra Sun ghost monotype challenge :

Ula'ula Island & Aether Paradise completed !

Screenshots :
                      Spoiler:

Current team :

Spoiler:
                        #87   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old 2 Days Ago (7:34 PM). Edited 2 Days Ago by Spirit Shackle.
                      Anti-Nonsense

Nature: Modest
                      Ice Waves
                      ddrox13's Monotype Challenge of Renegade Platinum with the Ice type.

Badges: 5/8

Sinnoh's midgame is probably the cleanest execution of the iffy midgame segments (I generally define this as Gyms 3-6, but it varies by gen) in the series, in that it combines just enough railroading with a ton of freedom. Renegade Platinum takes away some of that freedom, but it still doesn't feel too railroady.

That said, the midgame here does have an interesting aspect usually reserved for later - pretty much everything is evolved, and a lot of Pokémon on both sides already have solid movesets. The enemy has some pretty insane coverage at this point. This means a lot comes down to the amount your team can cover for each other's weaknesses. Unfortunately, this is a monotype. Ice has a lot of weaknesses, and basically nothing to cover them other than ye olde "You don't get one-shot if you outspeed them and one-shot them first" strategy. As a whole, the Ice-type is fairly good at executing this strategy - It's the best offensive type in the game, after all.

The thing is, there's basically two main categories of Ice-types. There's the fast and powerful ones, like Lieptr (Weavile) and Gjoll (Froslass) and there's also the slow and bulky ones like Hrid (Abomasnow), Sylgr (Mamoswine), and newcomer Svol (Walrein). An odd case in Renegade Platinum is Fjorm (Glaceon), as she would normally fall into the slow and bulky category but, due to some stat changes, is actually really fast. As a rule, due to the Ice type's unfortunate matchup spread, the former category are just better than the latter. There are some exceptions, the most notable of which is Mamoswine (who's actually way faster than I remembered). However, in a Monotype situation, these are the types of things you need to play around. On one side, this means getting setups where Hrid can get off a big Wood Hammer, or finding a good way to get Sylgr in safely so she can Earthquake things to death, or just deciding when to use Ice Shard versus your other STABs. On the other, this means figuring out how to have someone like Lieptr literally never take damage. It's also important to really identify little details about how your team runs - For example, Fjorm and Gjoll are the only ones who can tank a Close Combat from anything - and come up with plans that work with those attributes - Fjorm has both Dazzling Gleam and Extrasensory while Gjoll has Draining Kiss to remove any Fighting-types they have to fight.

Point is, knowing your team inside and out is incredibly important in such a hard challenge.

---

Let's see, we were at Fantina's gym, right? Excellent.

Renegade Platinum has an extra scene at the Pokemon Mansion, brought to you by Commander Saturn, and yes it is mandatory. However, I do get a Lucky Egg for my trouble (and a Manaphy egg, but who cares). The grunts are fairly breezy - there's a free grind area coming up, so I don't use Hrid very much. Saturn, on the other hand, is fought as a Double Battle with the rival as your partner. Rabinov (the NPC) is thoroughly useless as anything other than an attack sponge, and Saturn's Bronzong and Toxicroak are no fun for me. I did manage to win though.

Solaceon. That little town in mid Sinnoh that you would forget about if it didn't have a Day Care. In this game, there's an easy exp grind trainer in the Day Care. Thanks to Traynee's swaths of Chansey, I decided to level my team to around 40. This, thankfully, meant that Hrid evolved into Abomasnow, which bring his stats up to par with the rest of the group. And by "up to par", I mean that literally every stat that isn't SpA (which is useless) and HP won't be weaker than Leiptr's for like two more lines.

After grabbing the Psychic TM from Lucian of the Elite Four, I head to Vilestone. There's a Fighting gym here. Yay. On the other hand, there's also a Razor Claw just before here, so Leiptr evolved into Weavile.

Maylene's team was pretty much designed to destroy mine, what with my one Fighting immunity and her excessive Fire coverage. That said, I had one major advantage - 3/5 of my team was faster than anything she could throw at me. Leiptr began by contributing by baiting out a High Jump Kick from her lead Medicham, which allowed me to switc. However, because Infernape actually used Close Combat, the SpDef debuff allowed Gjoll to clean up with a casual one-shot Shadow Ball. At this point, Maylene brought out Lucario. I had this great plan to have Sylgr push Earthquake on it, buuuut that failed due to an OHKO Drain Punch. At this point, I opted for my other Pokemon with a Ground attack - miss coverage herself, Fjorm. One Earth Power sealed that match. Her next Pokémon was Machamp, who fell to only a single Extrasensory from Fjorm. Toxicroak met a similar fate. Her last Pokémon was a Gallade, and I decided to let his Dawn Stone counterpart, Gjoll, take the OHKO with Shadow Ball. So to recap, literally nothing that took damage from an attack on either side survived the hit. Badge get.

After helping with some Galactic nerds, I get access to Fly. I then make my way to Pastoria, getting into a grand total of 0 battles because I'm actually overlevelled for once.

Pastoria finally gives me access to the Move Reminder, so I use it to fix up some movesets, including giving Sylgr Ancient Power. This, of course, means that Sylgr (finally) evolved into Mamoswine, meaning my team is now fully and completely evolved unless I decide to fill the 6th slot. Also, these movesets are probably nearly final, so this team isn't going to be changing anytime soon. Fun fact: Lieptr STILL has the highest SpDef on my team, despite being, you know, Weavile. Also the one practical type I don't really have a coverage move of is Electric - and of course the TBolt TM is locked behind Surf. Also I use the Route 112 Move Tutors (all three Plat tutors) to polish up those movesets a bit more.

Somehow Wake made it Rain in his gym, which would have been an issue if not for me wanting to lead Hrid anyway as a Grass-type. Hrid opened the Wake fight by nearly OHKOing Quagsire through the Rindo Berry, which meant she had to eat an Ice Punch before the hail tick finished the job. Poliwrath was my next foe, which Gjoll dispatched of in 3 hits of her fancy new Draining Kiss attack. Wake's counter to my Ghost-type was Sharpedo, so Leiptr was up to use Brick Break, which would have OHKOed if not for Focus Sash. But, like, Hail. Gyarados' subsequent challenge was met by my most physically tanky Pokémon, which is obviously Fjorm. Dragon Dance turn 1 scared me, but Fjorm managed to survive a +1 Aqua Tail and defeated the birb with two Ice Beams and two Hail ticks. I had to let Floatzel take down Sylgr to heal up Hrid, but a well placed Wood Hammer took out Wake's ace the following turn. Leiptr returned to the fray to deal with the final Ludicolo. Badge Get.

After we clean up some Galactic scum and some rogue ducks, I get to Celestic Town. I am immediately challenged by Lucas, who has that Infernape that neither me nor Rabinov picked. The fight was fairly hard, but we won. Also in Celestic Town is Cyrus I, who has a bunch of things I don't like that happen to be weak to Ground, so thanks Sylgr. And with that, I finally get Surf.

First order of business - I need someone to Surf with. None of my current team can... wait... WHY CAN WEAVILE LEARN SURF????? Uh anyway, I drag my original starter out of the box as a temporary Surfer, but only long enough to meet Svol the Spheal. She's going to end up as my HM tank - the only HMs needed to complete the story are Surf, Waterfall, and Strength - but I figure I should get her in fighting shape anyway, So, I went to the trainer at the daycare compliments of my shiny Fly bot, and leveled her up to the rest of the team. Svol evolved to Sealeo and then Walrein in the process. I bench Hrid for now - I still need a Flier for a little while. A little HM hunting and some move tutoring later, I'm fairly happy with Svol's moveset and Gjoll has the all-important Thunderbolt. I think this is a good place to stop. Pal Park next!

The Team

Spoiler:
                      I'll also be including some tidbits about important changes in Renegade Platinum for these Pokémon

Fjorm (Glaceon) (F) @ Scope Lens
                      Ability: Snow Cloak
                      Level: 48
                      Hasty Nature
                      - Ice Beam
                      - Dazzling Gleam
                      - Extrasensory
                      - Earth Power

Notable changes: Availability increased dramatically. Evolution changed to using an Ice Stone. Level-up movepool increased. Speed (formerly base 65) and Special Defense (formerly base 95) swapped. Gets Earth Power. Later.

Gjoll (Froslass) (F) @ Never-Melt Ice
                      Ability: Levitate
                      Level: 47
                      Rash Nature
                      - Shadow Ball
                      - Thunderbolt
                      - Ice Beam
                      - Draining Kiss

Notable changes: Evolution to Glalie happens 10 levels earlier (32). Both evolutions gain Levitate. Glalie gains 30 Attack and Defense (now 110 each) at the cost of losing 20 SpAtk and SpDef (now 60 each). Froslass gains 30 SpAtk (now 110) at the cost of losing 10 Atk (now 70). Both result in a 20 point increase to BST (480 -> 500).

Sylgr (Mamoswine) (F) @ Soft Sand
                      Gentle Nature
                      - Earthquake
                      - Icicle Crash
                      - Ice Shard
                      - Iron Head

Notable changes: Gains Thick Fat over Oblivious. Movepool buffs. Bulldoze is in the game now, so it gets that too which is cool.

Hrid (Abomasnow) (F) @ Leftovers
                      Ability: Snow Warning
                      Level: 46
                      Bashful Nature
                      - Wood Hammer
                      - Blizzard
                      - Ice Shard
                      - Outrage

Notable changes: Gains Soundproof as an alternate Ability. Learns Icicle Crash by level-up.

Leiptr (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
                      Ability: Technician
                      Adamant Nature
                      - Thief
                      - Ice Shard
                      - Ice Punch
                      - Brick Break

Notable changes: Gains Technician as an Ability. Movepool buffs, including getting Crunch which I don't know why it didn't have before and Icicle Crash. Did I mention TECHNICIAN though?

Svol (Walrein) (F) @ Mystic Water
                      Gentle Nature
                      - Surf
                      - Ice Beam
                      - Signal Beam
                      - Iron Head

Notable changes: Nothing really.

Featuring guest appearances by:
                      ICEBOARD the Piplup as: The Starter
                      TOTO the Totodile as: The 2nd Pokemon for a mandatory double battle
                      NOT FALCO the Murkrow as: The trophy shiny and Fly slave

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
                      Challenges - TCG - Daily

Quick Reply