• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am new and I want to make a rom hack that goes back to the basics.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 19, 2023
So far all I have is the nameless region concept, about 20-30 Pokemon and designs of crucial characters that I want to develop individually. Problem is that I have had this idea for about 5 years now and only just started learning basic mapping, rom editing, etc. I was hoping to make the game solo, but with school coming up and not a lot to go off of except how the region is basically going to be mapped, I need some people who can either teach me what I need to know or team up with so I can make it the best I can.

I want to keep the ideas relatively private because the main goal of this is to not set off any radars before it comes into fruition. But I can say that the gist is similar to Team Rocket being evil, except they are just evil scientists who just want to be in charge no matter what, even if it means breaking the laws of nature. The region is based on Scotland/Ireland, and 95% of the town names are rough translations for small phrases in Irish, maybe even mashed together so it fits.

If you read this far, thanks for taking the time. And for those wondering, I have tried my best every time I want to make the game, but the rom either glitches, or, I lose my place. I am using a Squirrels version of Fire Red and would prefer to keep the FRLG tileset, but maybe some new blocks. If I figure out how, I'll show what maps I made in Advance Map before the latest one glitched.

Back