• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD Challenge Runs

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
To moderators: The challenge board seemed to be mostly for the main series games, and as this is for a side series, I wasn't sure it would belong there. If I'm in error, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I've been thinking that, with all the challenge runs you see for the main series pokemon games, it might be interesting to see what all challenge runs people can come up with for a side series like PMD. Watching some videos of runs on "The Binding of Isaac" gave me the idea that, instead of a run spanning the whole game, it could be something more along the lines of the videos I watched: Pick a dungeon (and specific game if need be), list some conditions, and explain the goal. Here's a few examples I came up with:

No Item Run
Dungeon: Any longer than 15F or have multiple parts.
Conditions: No held items, no items in inventory, only thing allowed to pick up is money.
(Exception: If you find a situation where you have to pass over an item to progress, say during a monster house, you can, but you must drop the item afterwards)
Goal: Complete the dungeon or beat the boss, if applicable.

Blind Run
Dungeon: Any
Conditions: Minimaps are turned off, Take one Blind Seed per floor. Blind seed must be used immediately on each floor.
Goal: Complete the dungeon.

Havoc Run
Dungeon: Any that you can stockpile multiple missions for.
Conditions: Take at minimum 6 missions for a single dungeon.
Goal: Complete all 6 in one go. (If you cannot, the run is a fail)

What do you guys think? Would it be something many of you would be up to doing? What are some challenge run ideas you have?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 19, 2018
An absurdly hard full game challenge run I came up with and am doing in Sky right now is to play a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon with absolutely no items or IQ skills. (Don't even think about trying the no items part in Super, just don't. It's hard enough with items)

Rules:
Do not use any items, this includes consuming items, holding items, throwing items, getting an item thrown at you, and placing items (yes this does include elixirs and apples, which immediately makes the playthrough infinitely harder)

Turn off every IQ skill at the start of Beach Cave. When you get the Escapist skill, you cannot do any missions where you send another Pokémon back to Wigglytuff Guild. You also can't use the skill to exit dungeons after successfully completing a mission. You must finish the dungeon by reaching the final floor.

Back