• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: OWM: OverWorld Manager

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 23, 2020
Is there a download for the latest version that is compiled and ready to use?
The version before it is over a year older and the new one has a lot of bug fixes.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 22, 2023
I tried to load Pokemon emerald and this message shows up: Can't load Profile from INI...
Can anyone help me? ><

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
I don't know why but after resizing some overworlds to use 9 frames I've got a strange problem.
All the frames in OWM seems to be in the correct order but while playing it looks like they're scrambled.
For example if I select "Look down" as movement on AMap the frame displayed is the one looking right.
I tried to change the order of the frames but I can't manage to obtain the right "combination" since it seems that it doesn't acknowledge how to associate frames anymore (for example, the looking right frame is not the reflection of the looking left frame).
What could be the problem?

Posting because I'm running into this same issue and I can't seem to find a solution to it.
The sprites are pulled straight out of a vanilla FireRed ROM using OWM. I'm trying to feed them into a Ruby ROM. (Koga, for instance)
They look fine in-game, the only issue is that the directions are all jumbled up. This seems to be restricted to sprites that have no walking frames (which is unfortunately a majority of the ones I want to use).
I was able to rip a sprite for a Team Rocket grunt using the same methodology and it's working 100%.
I've tried loading in only the 3 static frames also, no dice.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I've spent hours on this already and if I can't get this to work, it's going to seriously derail my entire project.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
*EMERGENCY HELP!!!* So I have been working of a mod for a couple of months now. I imported some OW sprites and went to save and clicked 'save as' with the same name as the rom I was editing. Now in the folder location, the rom is completely GONE. No trace, nothing. Been searching my computer for hours without any success. As anyone had this problem or heard of it? Apparently there is a safety feature for overworld manager, does anyone know how to access that?

Years
*EMERGENCY HELP!!!* So I have been working of a mod for a couple of months now. I imported some OW sprites and went to save and clicked 'save as' with the same name as the rom I was editing. Now in the folder location, the rom is completely GONE. No trace, nothing. Been searching my computer for hours without any success. As anyone had this problem or heard of it? Apparently there is a safety feature for overworld manager, does anyone know how to access that?

That feature MIGHT be broken. Try searching by the search bar, I suppose? If you have already done that, then start from a backup.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
idk why but it crashes when ever it tries to actually open the rom, its able to analyze it but it closes whenever i try to open it. I'm using the latest version and with all the python stuff installed.
it worked when i used the old version but it only loaded the first 70 or so sprites so it was pretty useless lol

im using the pokemon emerald liberate rom base btw

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
I've tried using this tool to add a custom overworld sprite to my ROM, following the Anthroyd video guides step by step. But now all of my overworld sprites have broken and have become glitched!

JOJ2ehO.png

I've already removed the new overworld sprite I added to try and fix this issue, but it didn't work. Now I don't know what else to do, and I've already put in a lot of effort in what I've made so far. I don't want to have to scrap everything just to start over from scratch!

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Back