• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon TCG Card Editor

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
1. That is correct. The 'x' is just a visual thing. The multiple hits on a single attack come from the effect itself.

Oops! I guess I forgot all about the '-' sign. I can add that in the next release.
Yes, you can add weakness and resistance to colorless.
I don't think it's possible to add more than one weakness or resistance. I'd have to look again to double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's just 1 byte of data for each.
Yes, the next thing I look into will be the Trainers. Not sure if it can be done, but I will check on it when I get time.

About colorless weakness/resistance there is no Colorless optionto be selected in the box. I've tried write in box "colorless" and doesn't work...

There's another editor that I found and because of this one I know the possibility to add double resist!

PS: Im new at forum, so I can't post links/images in my comments yet. You can find the image of double resist here:

"raw.githubusercontent.com/xCrystal/TCGRandomizer/master/screenshots/window.png"

But, please, for real, consider make a similar tool to PTCG2! I'm very thankful for your job done with this one, but you are the only person in years that I saw made a tool to this game and I have no hope to find someone that could do the same as you, to the second game... Imo the second game is much more deeper and complete than the first one (strategically speaking) and it makes the game much better.

Well, I don't wanna be ungrateful with your job, but think about it fondly please! I'm sure several other players share the same situation as me! 😄

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2023
Dont work for me. I can load the rom but as soon i choose a pokemon i get an error window. Trying so save any changes give me another error window.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 9, 2021
I really wish more people were hacking Pokemon TCG 2. Adding the new types and Pokemon and a bunch of abilities could make a great game

Years
Hi everyone! Good afternoon (at least for me 😅) ok, I have a question, what takes to make a PTCG hack rom? just make some re-works in some cards and add 2gen cards

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 23, 2021
Can you replace the effect of a pokemon card attack into an effect of a trainer card using your tool? For example Kangaskhan's Fetch attack that draws one card to now having the Bill trainer card's effect to draw 2 cards instead? If possible what are the effect values and the text description values to put into the tool if you have them please? It would be nice to see attacking moves having effects of trainer cards like Lass, Switch, Recycle, or even Revive!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 13, 2022
Thanks a lot for this awesome tool!

I made an account here just for your tool. Its fantastic.
I REALLY wish you would make one for team GR too, since there is soo much more combo potential, a much bigger card pool to toy around with and much more interesting npc fights.
Sad, that rain dance is locked to blastoise only and some of the attack effects don't work as poke powers :(

so yeah, just came to say that this is great! and i do hope you consider doing one for team GR aswell.

Edit:
And i want to inform that, indeed, changing the rarity of a card does affect the pack pulling! Sweet :D

Last edited:

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
either i read past it or its not been asked but
could one also change the evolution options and icons/ names?

basically could one add pichu by replacing an other one?
admitted baby pokemon might be too hard to implement unless pikachu becomes a stage 1 instead

but its the general idea

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
considering Atecaincorp's post's, i think i got my answer haha
man that is a bummer, would have loved to add in or even eplace all cards for fakemons haha

as such i also wish to know if such plans exists?

Sotireon

Strong pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Alot of people on this thread seem to know about TCG1 and TCG2. I would love to get into hacking the TCG2 game cause it has so muchh more to offer. I know the creator of this tool dislikes the sequel but was wondering if any of you can point me in the direction of modding the sequel and original with other tools aside from this one. This tool is awesome! and id like to do more.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 7, 2023
what id really love to see is someone make a tcg gba with gen 1 and 2 in it +gymleader and neo sets

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
I may not have noticed or it was to obv. but was there a way to change the card's image so if i wanted to make custom pokemon cards for the rom hack.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 18, 2023
so we can edit cards but can we add cards and expand the collection available in the game or is that not plausible at this time?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I would absolutely LOVE to see a card editor for Pokémon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR!, it's one of my favorite games ever

Days
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
As of now, there is a fan translation of tcg2 for those of us who never even knew about it, and thanks to the first one being available for the switch it is kinda getting more popular now.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Just wanted to give a brief "PSA" for anyone else using this awesome tool!

As great as it is, it is not "all-powerful." It is capable of swapping around attacks and some PKMN Powers, but not all of them.

Specifically, it cannot edit "innate" PKMN Powers. These are the PKMN Powers that are always active so long as the Pokemon is in play. There are 11 of them in total:

• Charizard's Energy Burn
  • Blastoise's Rain Dance
  • Omanyte's Clairovoyance
  • Machamp's Strikes Back
  • Kabuto's Kabuto Armour
  • Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power
  • Haunter's Transparency
  • Mr. Mime's Invisible Wall
  • Mew's Neutralizing Shield
  • Dodrio's Retreat Aid
  • Snorlax's Thick-Skinned

These powers are innate to the very Pokemon itself. A Charizard with two new attacks will still have a secret, innate Energy Burn converting all its energies to Fire.

What's more, other Pokemon cannot be given innate powers. Even if you try to give Arcanine Energy Burn, or Hitomchan Strikes Back, it will not work in-game.

"Selectable" PKMN Powers, however (the ones that always begin with "once per turn, before your attack)" can indeed be swapped out for attacks and attacks can likewise be swapped out for Selectable PKMN Powers. Alakazam's Damage Swap can be replaced with a normal attack and a Bulbasaur could be given Damage Swap.

Finally, enemy AI is a bit on the dumb side. If you swap out a Selected PKMN Power with an attack, the enemy AI will never select that attack because it still thinks it's still a PKMN Power.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else using the tool. 😁

Years
Just wanted to give a brief "PSA" for anyone else using this awesome tool!

As great as it is, it is not "all-powerful." It is capable of swapping around attacks and some PKMN Powers, but not all of them.

Specifically, it cannot edit "innate" PKMN Powers. These are the PKMN Powers that are always active so long as the Pokemon is in play. There are 11 of them in total:

• Charizard's Energy Burn
  • Blastoise's Rain Dance
  • Omanyte's Clairovoyance
  • Machamp's Strikes Back
  • Kabuto's Kabuto Armour
  • Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power
  • Haunter's Transparency
  • Mr. Mime's Invisible Wall
  • Mew's Neutralizing Shield
  • Dodrio's Retreat Aid
  • Snorlax's Thick-Skinned

These powers are innate to the very Pokemon itself. A Charizard with two new attacks will still have a secret, innate Energy Burn converting all its energies to Fire.

What's more, other Pokemon cannot be given innate powers. Even if you try to give Arcanine Energy Burn, or Hitomchan Strikes Back, it will not work in-game.

"Selectable" PKMN Powers, however (the ones that always begin with "once per turn, before your attack)" can indeed be swapped out for attacks and attacks can likewise be swapped out for Selectable PKMN Powers. Alakazam's Damage Swap can be replaced with a normal attack and a Bulbasaur could be given Damage Swap.

Finally, enemy AI is a bit on the dumb side. If you swap out a Selected PKMN Power with an attack, the enemy AI will never select that attack because it still thinks it's still a PKMN Power.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else using the tool. 😁

Just for reference, these are the PKMN Powers that aren't innate:
  • Damage Swap (Alakazam)
  • Energy Trans (Venusaur)
  • Shift (Venomoth)
  • Heal (Vileplume)
  • Peek (Mankey)
  • Step In (Dragonite)
  • Curse (Gengar)
  • Strange Behavior (Slowbro)
  • Clairvoyance (Omanyte)
  • Cowardice (Tentacool)