• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a gym leader....

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Well, water is not super effective on any Pokemon with poison or bug soooooooooo. (Plus I was doing this for the fire, and the top is an edit)

For the Pokemon randomizer I got Scoliopede. So I'm going to wait for the number generator to choose my type.
I got number 4. So bug it is.
I will have four Pokemon.

Heracross
214.gif

Level: 34
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Close Combat
Night Slash
Rock Slide
U-Turn

Scizor
212.gif

Level: 36
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Metal Claw
X-Scissors
Sandstorm
U-Turn

Yanmega
469.gif

Level: 38
Ability: Speed Boost
Moves: Ancient Power
Shadow Ball
SolarBeam
U-Turn

Vespiquen
416.gif

Level: 40
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Power Gem
Toxic
U-Turn
Earthquake

TM You get is U-Turn.
The badge is the Lily badge.

I was doing mine on the fire because lotad is Water\Grass...You had to pick 2 bug pokeon with a wtaer weakness.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I was doing mine on the fire because lotad is Water\Grass...You had to pick 2 bug pokeon with a wtaer weakness.

I understand that. Just realized there are only two bug pokemon with said weakness. In such case, replace Heracross and Vespiquen with two shuckles. There you go. I'm too lazy to do the movesets and such.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I understand that. Just realized there are only two bug pokemon with said weakness. In such case, replace Heracross and Vespiquen with two shuckles. There you go. I'm too lazy to do the movesets and such.

Shuckle, Nincada, Wormadam (sandy cloak), Dwebble, Crustle, Larvesta, Volcarona, Anorith and Armaldo all would have counted as Bug-types who are weak to Water-type moves. There was plenty to chose from.

*whistles*

Years
The Pokemon Generator gave me Glameow.
The Number Generator gave me a 3.
I decided on 4 Pokemon.

First Pokemon
Glameow

Second Pokemon
Delcatty

Third Pokemon
Deerling

Fourth Pokemon
Girafarig

Badge: Glamour Badge

It's because of the name that I used two shiny sprites (or would have if the site didn't have a limit on who can post URLs ;-; ). Hope that's okay.

walakatapia

z.1004
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
I got Poliwrath and a number 8. So I'll pick water type and the badge is Tidal Badge.
The pokemon will be :
Cloyster
Wailord
Greninja
Kyogre(ROLF Just a joke.but seriously kyogre is a badass.)
Yeah those three will be mine and Greninja having the highest level and the hidden ability protean.
Moveset of Greninja will be :
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rock Slide
Scald
I'm only putting the ability and moves of Greninja because he's my main Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I got number 1 and the Pokemon Raikou.
For my Pokemon I choose..
Dedenne
Heat Rotom (as it is the only electric type weak to Water)
Pachirisu

My gym badge would be called.. Shock Badge!

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
I got number 1 and the Pokemon Raikou.
For my Pokemon I choose..
Dedenne!
Lucky me the last person was Water. Hahah.

My gym badge would be called.. Shock Badge!

You had to pick 3-5 pokemon with an Electric type and a water disadvantage.

Re-do the gym if you want to be taken seriously,please.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
You had to pick 3-5 pokemon with an Electric type and a water disadvantage.

Re-do the gym if you want to be taken seriously,please.

Sorry, I thought it was up to 5 and the last gym had to be weak to mine. Must have misread.

damientheomen3

Muffintop, Esq.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I got Litwick and the number 5. I'll pick the ghost type.

Golurk
Lampent
Misdreavus

I'd call my badge the Spirit Badge.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Heat Rotom (as it is the only electric type weak to Water)

Forgot Stunfisk. :3

I got Litwick and the number 5. I'll pick the ghost type.

Golurk
Lampent
Misdreavus

I'd call my badge the Spirit Badge.

And you forgot that you're meant to have two Pokémon weak to the previous gym. In this case you need two that are weak to Electric types.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Forgot Stunfisk. :3

And you forgot that you're meant to have two Pokémon weak to the previous gym. In this case you need two that are weak to Electric types.

Thx again Griff-meister!
HAH i see you like my thread so much that you are correcting people while im not here. If you want to be in charge of the thread while im not in the site it is fine by me :)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
It's no problem! I've taken a shine to the thread and I've always been a stickler for the rules. Speaking of which I rolled a Shiftry and an 8, so the eighth Gym Leader will be Dark!

150.gif

Gym Leader Sable
Darkest Desire / Temptation Badge / Dark Pulse TM
302.png
687.png
229.png

Sableye , Lv56 - Malamar , Lv59 - Houndoom , Lv56
Prankster------\------Contrary------/------Flash Fire
None----------\------Sitrus Berry-----/-------None

Sableye: Dark Pulse, Mean Look, Confuse Ray, Will-o-Wisp
Malamar: Superpower, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Aerial Ace
Houndoom: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb

"Darkness lingers, child. The moment you let your guard down; the moment you let it in, darkness strikes. If it cannot find an opening then it will make one, battering you down until you have nothing left. How could anyone beat that?!"​

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
This game is a little more complicated than others so if I screw up please correct me!

I drew a Servine and a 6, sooo...

Leader Haywood
"Fellow from the Forest"
-----
Exeggutor
103.png

-----
Trevenant
709.png

-----
Abomasnow
460.png

-----
Pine Badge
TM Ingrain

So there's my whack at it!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
This game is a little more complicated than others so if I screw up please correct me!

I drew a Servine and a 6, sooo...

Leader Haywood
"Fellow from the Forest"
-----
Exeggutor
103.png

-----
Trevenant
709.png

-----
Abomasnow
460.png

-----
Pine Badge
TM Ingrain

So there's my whack at it!

Yes it is correct! The first 2 have a Dark weakness, the 3rd doesn't. Nice one with Abomasnow BTW.
Speaking of Nice one, I got 8 And Watchog so my gym is normal-type:

Gym Leader Joey.
Opening line: "Hi remember me from the 1st route? I had a Rattata! And it is in the top percentage of rattatas! In fact, it is so strong i caught a bunch of other Pokemon!!!"

-Sends out Rattata-

Rattata:
lvl 55,male,Guts
Hyper fang
Super fang
Crunch
Double-edge

After using its first move:"Yes! Totally top percentage!"

2nd pokemon Furret:
lvl 56,male,Keen Eye
Hyper voice
Slam
Quick attack
Sucker punch

3rd pokemon Ursaring:
lvl 55,male,Quick feet
Hammer arm
Thrash
Feint attack
Slash

4th pokemon Stoutland:
lvl 58,male,Scrappy
Play rough
Giga impact
Thunder fang
Retaliate

About to lose:"Thes aren't in the top percentage! He is!!
-Sends out 5th pokemon Ratticate-
lvl 60,male,Guts
Endeavor
Double-edge
Hyper beam
Final gambit (Using only if it is NOT sent out last)

Upon victory:"I knew my pokemon were top percentage! No badge for you!"

Upon defeat:"So my pokemon weren't top percentage after all....Well here,take this. (Gives you badge). This is a top percentage badge,so keep it close to you! And because you are a top percentage trainer,you can have that too! (Hands you a rattata egg). Maybe it'll hatch to be a top-percentage Rattata just like mine!"

Rattata from the egg,lvl 1,male (100%),Guts:
Flame wheel
Bite
Tackle

I just made a pokemon gamers' worst nightmare

walakatapia

z.1004
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
I got a 3 and Groudon. There is no rule to doing two right? And may I pass the weakness rule because ground pokemon has no weakness to normal types soooo I choose:
Onix - Lvl 20
Stone Edge
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Explosion
Ability : Sturdy
No held Item

Hipopotas - Lvl 20
Earthquake
Bulldoze
Stealth Rock
Yawn
Ability : Sand Stream
No Held Item

Gible - Lvl 21
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Dragonbreath
Dragon Pulse
Ability : Sand Veil

Sandslash - Lvl 24(highest level)
Earthquake
Brick Break
Crush Claw
Slash
Ability : Sand Rush
Sitrus Berry

This gym gives the Earth Badge and TM 26 Earthquake
note(in case there is a ground pokemon with weakness to normal pls tell me or if i can't get over the weakness rule ill delete this post)

Last edited:

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
I got 4 and a Munna. Quite fitting I get the psychic type considering my username XD. Anyways, lets see here....
Matang, Level 25
Metal Claw
Take Down
Psyshock
Magnet Rise

Braixen, Level 25
Flame Charge
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Psybeam

Exeggcute, Level 25
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Reflect
Psyshock

Espeon, Level 29
Psybeam
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Charm

Reward: Preminition Badge and TM 03: Psyshock

That look ok to everyone? I tried to avoid using TM's other than psyshock seeing as I don't think the gym leaders in the games tend to do that either.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
I got 4 and a Munna. Quite fitting I get the psychic type considering my username XD. Anyways, lets see here....
Matang, Level 25
Metal Claw
Take Down
Psyshock
Magnet Rise

Braixen, Level 25
Flame Charge
Psyshock
Fire Spin
Psybeam

Exeggcute, Level 25
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Reflect
Psyshock

Espeon, Level 29
Psybeam
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Charm

Reward: Preminition Badge and TM 03: Psyshock

That look ok to everyone? I tried to avoid using TM's other than psyshock seeing as I don't think the gym leaders in the games tend to do that either.

First of all, you didnt pick 3 pokemon with a Ground type weakness, so this is invalid.
Second, Braixen is pure fire, so basically only metagross has a ground weakness.
Correct your mistake and i'll then treat your post as valid (according to rules,which no one seems to see).

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
First of all, you didnt pick 3 pokemon with a Ground type weakness, so this is invalid.
Second, Braixen is pure fire, so basically only metagross has a ground weakness.
Correct your mistake and i'll then treat your post as valid (according to rules,which no one seems to see).
Well that seems a bit harsh. First off, I read the intro. Secondly I seem to remember it being said that you needed 2 pokemon weak to the previous type. If I misread, my bad...but that doesn't mean I didn't read it. Thirdly, I forgot that Braixen is pure fire. I make the same mistake with the middle form of all of the starters. So yeah, thanks for coming off as mean for no reason :). I have no problem changing it, but I do have one with your way of asking me to do it.

Metang, Level 25
Metal Claw
Psyshock
Magnet Rise
Take Down

Bronzor, Level 25 w/ heatproof
Hypnosis
Psyshock
Confuse Ray
Safeguard

Espeon, Level 29
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Charm
Psybeam

There, all fixed up.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Well that seems a bit harsh. First off, I read the intro. Secondly I seem to remember it being said that you needed 2 pokemon weak to the previous type. If I misread, my bad...but that doesn't mean I didn't read it. Thirdly, I forgot that Braixen is pure fire. I make the same mistake with the middle form of all of the starters. So yeah, thanks for coming off as mean for no reason :). I have no problem changing it, but I do have one with your way of asking me to do it.

Metang, Level 25
Metal Claw
Psyshock
Magnet Rise
Take Down

Bronzor, Level 25 w/ heatproof
Hypnosis
Psyshock
Confuse Ray
Safeguard

Espeon, Level 29
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Charm
Psybeam

There, all fixed up.

Well, if you read some posts above you, you could see that i got tired of reminding people what were the rules, so i wrote in the intro that postst which do not follow the rules will be ignored. But, because i want everyone to enjoy the experience, i correct them again and again.
Second, you did need 2 pokemon because you had 4, but Braixen is not Psychic type, hence, you only had 1 Valid pokemon with a weakness and not 2.
Last of all, it isn't harsh if no one seems to understand. :)
For you, i will alter the rules (again) because people can't seem to understand them.

Back