• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I just finished up everything in the desert FINALLY. It's a really big place and has Alot of stuff in it. Including the chance to get the 2 other fossil pokemon in the hack, Cranidos and Sheldon. Inferno Mountain also has your only chance at getting Darmanitan Zen Mode as well.
Darmantian? Wow... it seems there're more and more useful Fire types... even more than we can use :D Especially if you use Victini =D

Also, I just uploaded a beta 1 patch that fixes the stats of Mismagnius. I saw in yape that it's HP and def was WAY higher then what it really is. For those who battled V and had a lot of trouble with Mismagnius, sorry about that. ^.^
It's Mismagius... there's no N in it =D (no pun
BW_N_Sprite.png
intended :D)

when i restarted the game and i caught a bulbasaur it wasnt holding anything... i thought the starters hold exp. shares. but can you make a guy/girl give you an exp share?
They don't always hold Exp. Share. Don't worry about Exp. Shares... you will get enough of them once you catch other starters.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years

Darmantian? Wow... it seems there're more and more useful Fire types... even more than we can use :D Especially if you use Victini =D

It's Mismagius... there's no N in it =D (no pun
BW_N_Sprite.png
intended :D)

They don't always hold Exp. Share. Don't worry about Exp. Shares... you will get enough of them once you catch other starters.

lol Hilarious thing you did there with N. But yea, it's a 50/50 chance they'll be holding the exp.share. I won't have anyone give you one because the hack pretty much already gives you unlimited exp.shares if you keep catching the starters.

@Yambo Dos

No, it can't.

Yambo Dos

Veteran
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2012
Alot of Dratinis value drops without that ability.

So far I'm enjoying the game, and I hope you will continue to work hard on it. I hope you are ok with constructive criticism because I will be supplying you with it--because I really want to play a beautiful end product.

A few gimmicks I've noticed between the games beginning through Tiki.

-One of the bug trainers pokemon emits Staryu cry when it dies.. I believe it's the first trainer on the final stretch of the forrest.
-I feel like there should be a mart or pokemon center earlier in the game, Tiki just has too much in between and I got frustrated having to return home to heal.
-Axew having intimidate really pissed me off. If dratini can't receive its natural DW ability, Axew shouldn't receive intimidate. There are other pokemon that get the ability that are not legit (scraggy for example. It already has two great abilities, why give it intimidate??) I do like the concept of giving Archeops a new ability, but maybe not such an amazing ability--perhaps it should have sturdy or something that is shared among its typing.
-By the time I got to the first mart my Gible needed Super potions to adequately heal, but none are available... I just barely thrive with potions
-The first grunt you battle has croagunk that uses dark pulse but the animation is for feint attack.
- Lastly..... I feel like the hax in this game ****s me over every time!!! I know it's called hax for a reason but seriously. I get hit with a mud slap and it lowers my accuracy 1 stage, then I proceed to miss the next 3 attacks; meanwhile my paralyzed opponent breaks through parahax and proceeds to take me out... Facepalm moments can make or break games.

Anyways.... I really am enjoying the game, and a lot of these things are nitpicky so please don't take them personally. :)

Keep it up!!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
BlackKyurem.png
WhiteKyurem.png

Dont know if you want to use em...(Most likely not)

But if you plan on animation...I am the guy!

Wtf?! What?!, do you possibly think that we can insert that in the hack?!, the limit of an Image in GBA is 64x64, while BW/BW2 sprites are 96x96, and plus the animation sprites that you posted on my thread are not yours there from spriters.pokecheck.org olol! :), And even if you do animations there's not that much knowledge in inserting GIF images in GBA hacks, and even if we use Emerald it will probably only have half of the frames as it originally does... :) Could have have resized them you know? :), this sprites are not even yours... :)

-One of the bug trainers pokemon emits Staryu cry when it dies.. I believe it's the first trainer on the final stretch of the forrest.

The cry of Staryu is not a bug we just haven't inserted new cries yet... :)

-Axew having intimidate really pissed me off. If dratini can't receive its natural DW ability, Axew shouldn't receive intimidate. There are other pokemon that get the ability that are not legit (scraggy for example. It already has two great abilities, why give it intimidate??) I do like the concept of giving Archeops a new ability, but maybe not such an amazing ability--perhaps it should have sturdy or something that is shared among its typing.

It's not that easy to make new abilities in a GBA hack... :)

-By the time I got to the first mart my Gible needed Super potions to adequately heal, but none are available... I just barely thrive with potions

The mart Items will be changed in BETA2 and it will be 100% sure that the difficulty will go lower... :)

-The first grunt you battle has croagunk that uses dark pulse but the animation is for feint attack.

Again it's not that easy to insert new Animations in a GBA hack... :)

- Lastly..... I feel like the hax in this game ****s me over every time!!! I know it's called hax for a reason but seriously. I get hit with a mud slap and it lowers my accuracy 1 stage, then I proceed to miss the next 3 attacks; meanwhile my paralyzed opponent breaks through parahax and proceeds to take me out... Facepalm moments can make or break games.

It's naturally like that even in FireRed.. :)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
-Axew having intimidate really pissed me off. If dratini can't receive its natural DW ability, Axew shouldn't receive intimidate.
Then give an idea for Kibago's line ability that is present in III gen.
As Rivarly and Mold Breaker are introduced in IV gen, it's impossible to have them.

I do like the concept of giving Archeops a new ability, but maybe not such an amazing ability--perhaps it should have sturdy or something that is shared among its typing.
Sturdy is useless in III gen as it doesn't prevent Pokemon from being beaten by one attack.

Years
Ahh still at Mystic Falls but now challenging the Gym...I am very happy to see this place has the third gym but My team had already crossed Lv 45+... Also there is a house in accessible in Mystic Falls.. I wonder what's inside it???

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Ahh still at Mystic Falls but now challenging the Gym...I am very happy to see this place has the third gym but My team had already crossed Lv 45+... Also there is a house in accessible in Mystic Falls.. I wonder what's inside it???

You'll find out in beta 2.

Haven't gotten much work done today due to my frustration of Bayonetta 2 being released as a Wii U exclusive. So I've been beating on my friend's pillow all day to let the anger out. I have edited a few trainers and tested areas that I've set up so far today, however. This weekend will be dry, so I'll surely get a lot done. Also, HM Surf will be available after the 6th major city for those wondering when it'll be time to surf the seas.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Yes, Mystic Falls is where you can revive the fossils. 2 more fossils, Sheldon and Cranidos, will also be available later in the hack and you can revive them in Montage Fortress. So there will be 2 places to revive fossils. Aerodactyl will also be available later.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I have got fourth badge from iceland gym i dont know what to do next please help

After you get your 4th badge and defeat Evil Pete on Numassity path, the beta ends. The full game is in working progress and will be released by the end of the year. With Part 2 coming sometime next year.

I have a Question about a small idea I thought of looking and playing competitive battles. In standard play, most people use Ditto's new Imposter Ability and use a Choice Scarf with it. That's pretty much 99% of Ditto's sets you'll ever encounter when playing against someone. I have no idea (I don't think anyone else does either) how to create Ditto's imposter ability into a gba hack. For those who don't know, imposter makes ditto instantly transform into the opponent's Pokemon as soon as it comes in the battle and copies all of it's stats(except HP), boosts, and moves.

Here's my question, do you think it would be cool and make Ditto much more useful if I gave it the Speed Boost Ability? It's the closest way to imitate the standard Ditto we see in current gen and will somewhat feel like Imposter Choice Scarf'd Ditto(It''ll be faster then your opponent's Pokemon possibly as soon as it comes in. You would still have to Transform though, sadly).

It's just an idea and I would like some opinions on it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I have a Question about a small idea I thought of looking and playing competitive battles. In standard play, most people use Ditto's new Imposter Ability and use a Choice Scarf with it. That's pretty much 99% of Ditto's sets you'll ever encounter when playing against someone. I have no idea (I don't think anyone else does either) how to create Ditto's imposter ability into a gba hack. For those who don't know, imposter makes ditto instantly transform into the opponent's Pokemon as soon as it comes in the battle and copies all of it's stats(except HP), boosts, and moves.

Here's my question, do you think it would be cool and make Ditto much more useful if I gave it the Speed Boost Ability? It's the closest way to imitate the standard Ditto we see in current gen and will somewhat feel like Imposter Choice Scarf'd Ditto(It''ll be faster then your opponent's Pokemon possibly as soon as it comes in. You would still have to Transform though, sadly).

Sounds like an interesting choice. Aside from breeding, Ditto is useless in gen. III games. Implementing something like impostor is something quite hard to do, it would involve a heck tons of ASM for it to be done, so putting in Speed Boost will likely make it useful without requiring too much work.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
After you get your 4th badge and defeat Evil Pete on Numassity path, the beta ends. The full game is in working progress and will be released by the end of the year. With Part 2 coming sometime next year.

Something I learned from hacking for many years is that, competitive play just doesn't go too well with the games. I competitive battle myself and I have thought about it, but some things just wouldn't have the desired effect I would want (and most people wouldn't even know how to use these sets and such).

Ditto, with imposter, is technically uncounterable if switched in correctly. It's a beast. But think about it...with speed boost (that wouldn't really make sense...), it would get boosted one stage after it comes in. So assuming it comes in on a safe switch (since it's stats are so low I doubt it would even survive one hit), it can transform...and get here's another point: the reason Ditto is so beast in competitive play is that most pokemon counter themselves. In the games, pokemon aren't gonna have "movesets" that you can pick on the spot. So if a Ditto transforms into say...in your hack a Pichu. Pichu knows...no ground moves...so it would just be kinda useless. And Ditto's HP sucks and it will die soon. So there's a long winded example lmao.

I would just leave competitive play out of it, it's okay here and there to add some things, but remember most people won't even know how to use them and will just disregard it entirely.

Oh, but if you wanted to make a Ditto as a boss, you could just make an event that has the Ditto transform before taking you on...since no matter what it would (in the case of imposter) transform into the first pokemon you send out anyway...

Years

Well to be honest I never used Ditto to battle with it. the only suggestion i could give you about it is to make it appear shiny.. you know given as a trade or gift poke from someone.. Talking about that is a breeding center available yet in the beta???

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Well to be honest I never used Ditto to battle with it. the only suggestion i could give you about it is to make it appear shiny.. you know given as a trade or gift poke from someone.. Talking about that is a breeding center available yet in the beta???

There's one on Nursery Road, but I'm not sure if it's buged or not. I think someone mentioned it wasn't working properly. I'll check it out sometime later.

Thanks everyone for your opinion on the ditto idea.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Be glad you did not encounter it in competitive battling...
This Ditto transformed into my 3 QD Volcarona... and with Choice Scarf, I could only watch my team getting owned.

Back