• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's obviously very heavily inspired by France, but it's definitely not a clone of it. Which is a good thing, as I wouldn't really want to walk through France in a Pokémon game (I mean it sounds kind of cool, but it kind of takes the fantasy element out of it for me). I don't think the cloud is supposed to be hiding anything though, it kind of just looks like a pretty normal cloud pattern for a snowy area (I mean, it DOES need clouds to snow).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well in real life it doesn't always snow in mountains, usually it's snow and ice from the previous year. Which means if these games have seasons and we go to the mountains in the summer it may not snow but when we visit in the winter it is snowing/hailing.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
It's obviously very heavily inspired by France, but it's definitely not a clone of it. Which is a good thing, as I wouldn't really want to walk through France in a Pokémon game (I mean it sounds kind of cool, but it kind of takes the fantasy element out of it for me)

I feel exactly the same, that's why i hope they'll include elements from some other (european) countries, to have more variety.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Path Speculation

Anyone have a speculation as to the path we will take in the game? This is my guess...
Spoiler:

I think the legendary legend on the bottom right is where Xerneas is located and at the top is where the assumed Z______ Ancient City Kraken will be. That would leave Yveltal in the snowy mountain, but I assume that's for the evil team showdown and/or an Ice legendary.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It would be easy for one to assume that we would find the legends in the large mountain in the northeast corner, but like in GSC and HG/SS, I also think Yveltal and Xerneas will be located in two different locations. Yveltal likely being at the top of the mountain as you said and Xerneas being found in one of the forests on the map.

Since this is relevant to the map by the way, I've merged your thread here.

Years
Anyone have a speculation as to the path we will take in the game? This is my guess...
Spoiler:

I think the legendary legend on the bottom right is where Xerneas is located and at the top is where the assumed Z______ Ancient City Kraken will be. That would leave Yveltal in the snowy mountain, but I assume that's for the evil team showdown and/or an Ice legendary.

i'm actualy think that where you said there gonna be a seventh gym is the starting town(and that there are no gym).
i think these huge building will be something like dorms and in these game we will be going to a pokemon trainers school.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
If the rumors of Xerneas being about life and Yveltal being about death, as well as, the rumor of the Kraken being the Z______ legendary Pokemon, I assume these are their locations.

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I can't help but feel like the cloud placement is hiding some more of the map.

That's what we thought in B/W, and it wasn't the case :( I don't think there will be anything hidden, unless Xerneas blows around clouds ahaha.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
That port town near the power plant-ish area seems to be based off of La Havre, which is a maritime city, and it lies around the same location as the port town in Kalos. There is a park of some sort right next to La Havre and Paris so Idk what it actually is. Could be like the power plant in Kalos. I do see the Carnac Stones, and the Eiffel Tower. But, where is Mont Saint-Michel, or the D-day Beaches, the Château de Chambord, the Arc de Triomphe?

Mont Saint-Michel is the city on the small island between Poké-Britanny and Poké-Normandy. Poké-Normandy seems to have some sandy area where the river meets the ocean, so there is a chance that they will reference the D-Day Beaches there (but I consider that chance small). I hope that Lumiose City has some kind of Arc de Triomphe, that ties in with the Elite Four somehow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's what we thought in B/W, and it wasn't the case :( I don't think there will be anything hidden, unless Xerneas blows around clouds ahaha.
That's what some thought about B2W2 and it was the case, so who knows. Also Yvetal would be doing the cloud blowing not Xerneas xD

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I find the Kalos region's layout, if the Elite Four is on that mountaintop, is similar to Kanto/Johto - separated by a mountain range, but sharing the same E4 location. Maybe we'll see a "sequel" in the future where the countries next to France - Italy, Germany, Switzerland, and Belgium - are combined (or even "faction"'d; that'd be an interesting twist! Civil disputtesss!) to form a new region that uses the same E4 facilities. Cycling Road could give access to that, or that little town in the mountains under the clouds there.

Years
Kalos in Greek means beauty.We use it to underline the aesthetic pleasure caused by the perfection of the natural environment ( in this case ).

I don't think GF knows it tho. haha it might be a coincidence but Kalos region is such a beautiful region. haha

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Kalos in Greek means beauty.We use it to underline the aesthetic pleasure caused by the perfection of the natural environment ( in this case ).

I don't think GF knows it tho. haha it might be a coincidence but Kalos region is such a beautiful region. haha

GF knows it, they're pretty darn good at doing their research when it comes to naming stuff for Pokemon games.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
That's what some thought about B2W2 and it was the case, so who knows. Also Yvetal would be doing the cloud blowing not Xerneas xD
I think you just blew my mind. :P

I'd kind of be curious about if there is just a central area to the entire region, and that you just have to go to each point of the "star" at various times. Sadly, I think it will be linear again.

Cyclone

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I find the Kalos region's layout, if the Elite Four is on that mountaintop, is similar to Kanto/Johto - separated by a mountain range, but sharing the same E4 location. Maybe we'll see a "sequel" in the future where the countries next to France - Italy, Germany, Switzerland, and Belgium - are combined (or even "faction"'d; that'd be an interesting twist! Civil disputtesss!) to form a new region that uses the same E4 facilities. Cycling Road could give access to that, or that little town in the mountains under the clouds there.

The elite four makes way more sense to be the area I tagged it as... I'm almost 100% sure its either the elite four or some sort of end game challenge hall.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm still trying to figure out where that Train line on the right goes, it just goes right into the central hills and disappears

blue

gucci
Years
I'm still trying to figure out where that Train line on the right goes, it just goes right into the central hills and disappears

It's the magnet train that leads to Johto.

I actually think that this may be the transportation system you can use to access an area underground acting as a Subway system. It looks like there are mines in the top right hand corner so maybe they could be connected some how?

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

It looked like a cycle road to me, but a train works too... It probably goes to the end game for things to do after you beat the elite four.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
It looked like a cycle road to me, but a train works too... It probably goes to the end game for things to do after you beat the elite four.

You can tell it's a Train line by the platform and train tracks =P

And maybe, just kinda weird you don't see it pop out anywhere else, subway line perhaps?

Back