• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Fan Updated PBS

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
Hey so I'm new, but I've been working on the PBS files for Pokemon Essentials. So far I've added over 60 new abilities to the PBS file that are twists on pre-existing abilities such as Motordrive, Blaze, Moxie, Stamina, or Levitate. For instance Strong-Metal is a new ability that allows Pokemon to be immune to Fire + Ground-type attacks which I gave Bronzong. I updated the type match ups to include Fairy and to make Ice type a bit more defensive with resistances to Grass, Flying, and Dragon. I've also added one new move called Icy Spikes to make a version of spikes capable of freezing swap-in Pokemon. Lastly I've gone through and updated the abilities of all Pokemon along with adding Fairy type to a few Pokemon I felt deserved the typing such as Luvdisc.

So I'm looking for feedback on Pokemon from generations 1 - 5 (as my PBS file doesn't include Gen 6 or Gen 7 Pokemon) that are underrated, underused, or have bad stats/movesets. I'd especially like to hear from competitive players on why certain Pokemon are just not viable to use. I started doing it for fun, but now I feel like it might be helpful to those looking to make fan games or passion projects with. Since I really enjoy this part of game design I wanted to focus on it and see if I couldn't help contribute something I'm good at to others by creating a re-balanced, tweaked, and modified PBS file.

Anyways I'd like feedback and any ideas.
So feel free to throw me any suggestions you may have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
Fair enough. I was just toying around with the PBS files and thought maybe it'd be helpful in some capacity, but if not that's alright too. I just wanted to see if it had any merit.

Back