• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you think they will get rid of Ash's Z-Ring?

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
So, with Sun and Moon ending is less than a year, how do you think they will get rid of Ash's Z-Ring? There is always the possibility that he could keep it, but I am almost certain that he wouldn't bring it to Galar as it would be an advantage for him.

Would Tapu-Koko take it away when he loses? Will it just break? What are your thoughts?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I think that he will keep it, and just leave it at his house. Having it be destroyed or taken away would just make his Alola journey pointless.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
I think that he will keep it, and just leave it at his house. Having it be destroyed or taken away would just make his Alola journey pointless.

While that is true, why would he leave it at home if he has technically mastered it? Ash does do stupid things, but I don't think any of us would leave behind something that gave us a significant upstart from the competition.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
While that is true, why would he leave it at home if he has technically mastered it? Ash does do stupid things, but I don't think any of us would leave behind something that gave us a significant upstart from the competition.

He would just decide that he no longer needs it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It was explained in the episodes with Zoraora that without the power of the Tapus (or something along that nature) z moves wont work. Perhaps its possible that z moves are things specific to alola because of this power and thus will be rendered useless when he goes to Galar. It all depends on whether Zmoves continues to be a mechanic or if theyre going to introduce a new mechanic and leave zmoves in the wind like they did mega evolutions. If its the latter then i can def see ash leaving it at home as a souvenier of his journey around alola.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
It was explained in the episodes with Zoraora that without the power of the Tapus (or something along that nature) z moves wont work. Perhaps its possible that z moves are things specific to alola because of this power and thus will be rendered useless when he goes to Galar. It all depends on whether Zmoves continues to be a mechanic or if theyre going to introduce a new mechanic and leave zmoves in the wind like they did mega evolutions. If its the latter then i can def see ash leaving it at home as a souvenier of his journey around alola.

To be honest, I was sort of thinking the same thing. I haven't seen that episode yet, since I haven't had time, but I was thinking it was more to do with Necrozma like in the games. How Z-Crystals were created by Necrozma's light and stuff like that.

Years
+1 on leaving it in his house. but i think the above theory could also be something

remer

The Warrior
Years
Just a doubt,i remember seeing ash use gigavolt havoc in kanto against misty.So that means he can use it in any region right?Maybe,he will live it at home,saying that he wants to have a fresh start as always.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Just a doubt,i remember seeing ash use gigavolt havoc in kanto against misty.So that means he can use it in any region right?Maybe,he will live it at home,saying that he wants to have a fresh start as always.

Hmm. This is true. Im sure theyll come up with some reason for him not to keep it if they wish to change mechanics with the games though. Like... it breaks or something. Same with team rocket (who i see giving it to the boss as an accomplishment of smth they have done in the alola region).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

He would still gain the knowledge he learned throughout his Alola journey even when he loses the Z-ring, which is inevitable since he left Greninja back in Kalos upon Zygarde's request.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Hmm. This is true. Im sure theyll come up with some reason for him not to keep it if they wish to change mechanics with the games though. Like... it breaks or something. Same with team rocket (who i see giving it to the boss as an accomplishment of smth they have done in the alola region).

You're right, and that was something I really didn't want to bring up. Because giving up their Z-Ring probably also means giving up Mimikyu and Mareanie like they have before. It is really gosh darn depressing. At least Ash gets to see his old Pokemon time to time.

Well, that, or they will probably give it back to Nanu after their time in Alola, hopefully along with their Pokemon for him to take care of

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I don't think that Z-Moves will be an Alola exclusive mechanic. I think that they would stay around but not be of any importance like Mega Evolution. Ash will most likely leave it at home though.

Years
I think Ash should leave his Z-Ring to his house at the Pallet Town once he finishes his daily life at Alola, and also gradurating from Pokemon School, he is still studying at the Pokemon School on Melemele Island though.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
I'm calling that it either breaks during his last battle in Alola (some type of really powerful move), or Tapu Koko comes back to retrieve it from him. I mean it really all depends on the way things end. Ash could potentially be needed for something very important, and since he already has been with Nebby etc. that's the only thing I could assume. The island guardian gave him the ring for a reason, and I assume it might be taken back after he has completed that, not that Ash would really mind it at all.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 5, 2019

if thats true then how does ash use a z moves against misty in kanto?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Someone already pointed that out which is why i changed my stance to it possibly breaking :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Someone already pointed that out which is why i changed my stance to it possibly breaking :)

I don't think that's happening. It would mean that this saga meant nothing. This is the same reasoning for why I don't think that Tapu Koko is taking it back from him. I believe that Ash will leave his Z-Ring and Z-Crystals behind at his house.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm only saying it might break to keep him from taking it to the next region because peopl ebrought up the good point in 'why bring something that would give him a battling advantage in another region' which is a good logical conclusion to him just not taking them. tbh i can see him just leave them behind but i already know the backlash fans are going to have if he simply does with without reason for not taking something that has such an advantage, y'know?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeahhhh I don't see it being used beyond the Alola region, unless Galar has some loophole, somehow. Even then I'd prefer if the Z ring was exclusively for Alola.

Back