The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Pokémon Essentials
Scripting Question Update Mega Evolution

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old October 9th, 2018 (8:29 AM).

Nature: Calm
    Hi, I just updated my Essentials into v17, and I've noticed that the Pokémon forms scripts (as well as mega evolution) have been changing. Now, you have to set up a Mega Evolution by coding it in the file 'pokemonforms.txt'. But, as I can see, the old mega evolutions (coded in the 'MultipleForms' module in v16) aren't in this file.

My question is then, are the mega evolutions programmed anywhere? If not so, is there a way to pass from v16 to v17?

Thanks in advance!
    Old October 9th, 2018 (9:23 AM). Edited October 9th, 2018 by Poq.

There's a script section for megas (and primal forms). The scripts there check pokemonforms.txt to see whether the pokémon has a mega, then check the battler to see if it has the right item (defined in pokemonforms.txt) whether it is mega, and define making the pokémon mega and unmega. All of these come into play in the battle scripts where mega evolution is actually triggered. I may be missing some content, but these are the main mega evolution scripts (you can do a more exhaustive search with the CTRL+SHIFT+F function). However, other than primal forms, which activate on entering battle if the pokémon has the correct item, the specific megas are not defined in the script itself, just in pokemonforms.txt.
      Old October 9th, 2018 (10:54 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Poq View Post
        There's a script section for megas (and primal forms). The scripts there check pokemonforms.txt to see whether the pokémon has a mega, then check the battler to see if it has the right item (defined in pokemonforms.txt) whether it is mega, and define making the pokémon mega and unmega. All of these come into play in the battle scripts where mega evolution is actually triggered. I may be missing some content, but these are the main mega evolution scripts (you can do a more exhaustive search with the CTRL+SHIFT+F function). However, other than primal forms, which activate on entering battle if the pokémon has the correct item, the specific megas are not defined in the script itself, just in pokemonforms.txt.
        Yes, that's alright, but as I can see, the mega evolution programmed in version 16 of Essentials aren't programmed in the 'pokemonforms.txt' file. So, how can I find them or update them from version 16 into 17.
        Old October 9th, 2018 (1:27 PM). Edited October 9th, 2018 by Poq.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by samukomini View Post
          Yes, that's alright, but as I can see, the mega evolution programmed in version 16 of Essentials aren't programmed in the 'pokemonforms.txt' file. So, how can I find them or update them from version 16 into 17.
          I haven't used v16, so I don't really have a reference for what you're asking. However, if there's a specific mega evolution you want to include, just add it to pokemonforms.txt. Just make sure you include all the relevant info like mega stone, form name, new base stats and ability and new height and weight.
          With a little digging, you could probably find a version of that PBS file with all the official mega evolutions already added, but it's not that much work to do it yourself either.

EDIT:
          This thread may have what you're looking for: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9917756
          Old October 10th, 2018 (7:27 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Poq View Post
            I haven't used v16, so I don't really have a reference for what you're asking. However, if there's a specific mega evolution you want to include, just add it to pokemonforms.txt. Just make sure you include all the relevant info like mega stone, form name, new base stats and ability and new height and weight.
            With a little digging, you could probably find a version of that PBS file with all the official mega evolutions already added, but it's not that much work to do it yourself either.

EDIT:
            This thread may have what you're looking for: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9917756
            Thank you so much! That's what I needed.

Quick Reply