• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Yeah, I noticed that too. I fixed that along with a few other things. If it still needs editing, just tell me.

2ypgojp.png

How are the colours?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The colours are good - it would be hard to tell apart from the DP sprite.
Here's an edited version with colours taken from the Sugimori art:
Drifloon.png

I don't know whether you like those colours better, but I've decided I'm going to use Sugimori art colours - the DP colours (and to a lesser extent, the Advance colours) are too bright in my opinion. Besides, it fits better with the current OW palette. (I'm probably going to have several different OW palettes, used in different parts of the region.)

Also, I've realised I've got the region's geographical location wrong, because I misinterpreted the shape of Johto, and therefore my region overlaps with Johto.

To fix it, I'm just going to modify Johto. I have a sketch of the modified Johto map, which I'm going to scan and go over in the same way as the Shika map.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
They look great! And the new Uxie I like too. ^^

The Sugimori colours will look better in my opinion. :)

Does this mean my Uxie is accepted? The one that has been edited?

~Smell

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
@Wichu, yeah, those colours looks better. And they make it look more Advance generation. But I think the difference between the shades is too little.

@KageX, looks great! A few problems though:

Too much black outline.
Ears need to be more smooth.
Shading on the stomach needs editing.

Guardian1239

I have much to learn.
Years
It looks good, but the flame on its tail is a little bright. Also, the flame needs to be curving in more by the time it disappears behind his back.

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
This Is AMAZING GAMES AND VERY GREAT GAME...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The Smell: Until I can be bothered to do a smaller repose (it looks a bit big - compare with Mew and Celebi), yes, it's accepted. The Pachirisu is accepted anyway.
KageX: That's pretty cool! Keep up the good work!

I'm currently redoing the Pokémon Summary in FRLG style:
Screenshot034.png

And, I added another page for the Trainer Memo, hence the (incomplete) Information section at the bottom.

And I implemented the Characteristics feature from DP, which is helpful when calculating a Pokémon's IVs:
Screenshot033.png

Any comments?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
KageX: Go on, why not?
I've been working on the summary screen a bit more. I changed the bar at the top, and added some more info to the 1st and 2nd pages.
Screenshot036.png

What should I put in the empty gap above the HP? Any suggestions?
Screenshot037.png

Until catch locations/dates are implemented, I can't really add to this (except for a new bit of info I have planned, giving the Pokémon's battle style). However, if there's a good suggestion for something else to put here, I might try adding it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, but in this case, it's above the Exp. Anyway, I added some more info to the second page:
Screenshot038.png

This tells you what the Pokémon's preferred battle style are. These, unlike its characteristic, change depending on how you train it. When the Pokémon is born, it has "no preferred style".

EDIT: I think I'll change the text colours :P

EDIT 2: I've pretty much finished page 3:
Screenshot039.png

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Wichu, how about moving the HP remaining up, and making a PP remaining (for all moves) under it?

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
Years
Wow, Wichu, you've seriously gone all-out on this. It's starting to reek of awesomeness. All my Pokémon will probably have the same fighting style as that Mudkip >.>

Sorry I haven't been able to contribute much as of late, creativity block <.< I can not wait to have a go at that beta...

Well, actually, I have a few Charcub substitutes. Sorry if you've already programmed the name into the game: Boncub (Bonfire), Coacub (Coal), Kincub (Kindle), Pircub (Pyre misspelt). Hope you like any of these~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Kincub sounds nice, as would Coalcub. (Coacub doesn't sound right.) I have another name possibility - Cubburn. I don't really like it though. By the way, it's very easy to change the name, so you don't have to worry about me changing it.

Anyway, I'll post some more details about the fighting styles.
There are six styles (not including no preference). They are: persistent, all-out, careful, tactical, instinctive, and calm. The first four have an effectiveness square - persistent beats all-out, which beats careful, which beats tactical, which beats persistent, returning to the start. The other two are supportive, with calm being more of an asset to defensive Pokémon, and instinctive to offensive.
The styles are relative to the average Pokémon of that species, so a calm Primeape is possible, as is an all-out Shuckle or a tactical Bibarel. Just don't expect them to be any good.

Also, the styles aren't exactly a new mechanic, just a different view on an older one. It might help to know that a trainer wanting a specific style should fight species using that style so their Pokémon can learn it, for example fighting an Alakazam to improve your Pokémon's tactics, or a Gyarados to improve "all-out"-ness.

No prizes for guessing what mechanic it describes :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back