• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I've never read any of the Harry Potter books, when I had the chance I was little and I hadn't realized how awesome reading was. By the time I even thought about reading them the first movie came out and after I watched it I no longer read the book. I know the books and the movies aren't the same, but the beginning and ending are and I don't like to know the end.

I've also never read LOTR (I should) and I haven't seen any of the movies. Actually, scratch that. I HAVE seen one, I think, but I was little and I got scared and cried and ugh. I think I'm scarred now. I can't make it passed the beginning without wanting to cry. I want to though, I really do. :(

E: Oh yeah, I haven't seen Perks either. X)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I used to love the Harry Potter series, but I haven't seen any of the movies or read any of the books after The Order of Phoenix. Still an excellent series , that I really want to catch up with. I don't really read books as much as I want to, only really read manga series. I don't really have certain series I've follow, but one of my favorite books is The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke.
Pottermore! Is that place any fun? :c

I tried it a few times but lost interest after a while, but it was sort of fun.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
The books couldn't possible have been over-hyped, and I'll explain why.
So the books can't be over hyped because...there was detailed planning involved? That's something a lot of fantasy writers who create epics do, they sit down and craft out the history of their world, it's not unique to Rowling's writing process and it definitely doesn't mean what she creates gets more attention than it deserves - though that last notion is entirely subjective.

Also, on the topic of Lovecraft, Rats in the Walls is my favorite thing from him, honestly made me a little paranoid for a few days after.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Slender:
Psh, you're too kind! X}
I'm really glad you like it though, seriously.

Your mom is awesome... but...
A fork? Why?

@Pedro:
Eh, let's just agree to disagree my friend.
You are certainly a Harry Potter fanboy though!

@Somniac:
Okay, so you have great taste in music, and literature.
You're amazingly beautiful, and you aren't a priss...
You're not real. There is no chance that a girl like you even exists.
None. I going crazy, and imagining you. Or you're a dude.

Honest

Hi!
Years

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I don't care for The Perks Of Being a Wallflower in the slightest. I found the book to be more than insufferable and the movie... yeah, I'd rather not rattle on about the movie.
'and in that moment, I swear we were *pukes out brains*'

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
You make me want to cry Harlequin. :c

tumblr_inline_mkny23UIH71qz4rgp.gif

Nice to know that I've still got the ability to make members cry!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It really wasn't!!!! Emma Watson was ok, not great, but I put that down to that film being her first foray into American cinema rather than her acting ability itself.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Actually, I just said that line for the pun. Sorry!

Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I think I just managed to connect with the story well, and that's why I liked it so much. Had I watched it for the first time in, say, undergrad school, I wouldn't be surprised if I thought differently.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Random question here, but has anyone here not heard Thrift Shop?

On a side-note, I really wanna see Perks :/

Honest

Hi!
Years
Random question here, but has anyone here not heard Thrift Shop?

On a side-note, I really wanna see Perks :/

You really should get around to watching it. I personally consider it my favorite movie of all time.

Trift Shop? Yeah, I was about to go pop some tags actually. Got only $20 in my pocket. This is awesome. :3

And with that, I'm off to bed. Night DCC!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
You really should get around to watching it. I personally consider it my favorite movie of all time.

Trift Shop? Yeah, I was about to go pop some tags actually. Got only $20 in my pocket. This is awesome. :3

And with that, I'm off to bed. Night DCC!

I really want to cause Emma Watson + everyone keeps saying they loved it :/

Anyways, night Dipu bby~

Please be joking, this is not good for my temper *takes medicine*.

Treecko

Years
Night Dipu! I don't even know what to say about Thrift Shop. It's really catchy and pretty amusing but can also get annoying cause they play it on the radio a ton. But to assault someone cause they won't stop singing it kind of takes it too far in my opinion.

Anyway, I should follow in Dipu's footsteps and go to bed myself soon. So goodnight DCC!

Years
Awww Aaron you had to get off just as I was getting on.

Anyways, on the subject of Thrift Shop I think it was a good song and Macklemore is pretty good. I wasn't a fan of his other songs though probably because this song is just too catchy!

It even came No.1 in the last triple j Hottest 100, a music poll voted by the listeners of the station in Australia.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hello DCC!
Goodnight Dipu & AWsquared~

Thrift Shop? It's around 3rd place on the Hits Chart on my radio station at the moment.

I wear your grand dad's clothes. I look incredible. (Y)

Treecko

Years
Well I just spent an hour writing a blog on how much I love the library. So yeah still here a bit. Not in bed yet. .___. Anyone else go to the library alot? I love that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back