• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
lmao, if you let me die, I am coming after you with a rake. :( (Not really, but you know.)

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Eh, don't kill me chaos. And don't run out of PP on me. And if you're plying DPPt, teach me Bullet Punch. lol.
Well, I am beggining Syd's challenge. With Blue. I think there was a Nuzlocke on my Blue, but then I got bored and started abusing the Mew Glitch with the Abra I caught. xD
I'll get to raising that Lv. 11 Scyther I named GLITCH, and hopepfully make some progress before I move to Silver.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
lmao, if you let me die, I am coming after you with a rake. :( (Not really, but you know.)
Don't worry I won't. (Mainly because your my only Pokémon that can fight Atm)
Eh, don't kill me chaos. And don't run out of PP on me. And if you're plying DPPt, teach me Bullet Punch. lol.
Well, I am beggining Syd's challenge. With Blue. I think there was a Nuzlocke on my Blue, but then I got bored and started abusing the Mew Glitch with the Abra I caught. xD
I'll get to raising that Lv. 11 Scyther I named GLITCH, and hopepfully make some progress before I move to Silver.
I'm Playing Heart Gold so I'm only getting Bullet Punch for you at Clair :(
Your Moveset will prob. be this: Cut,Rock Smash,Bullet Punch,X Scissor
(Abusing Technition :D)

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
@chaos : So, I look like a Tech HM Slave ? Hm, that's cool, since Cut gets to 75 BP, Rock Smash to 60 BP and Bullet Punch to an outrageous 90 BP.
Which is cool.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
/sucks at sticking to a theme

Guys, I hate Diamond so much. lmao I have been in the damn forest all day, just grinding a Tyrogue to level 20, and then I am getting the heck out of here. I think this is an abandoned random challenge, cause there is no way I would have ever randomly decided "Hm, I think I'll trade a Chinchou and Tyrogue to Diamond!" I mean...really. lol But it's not as bad as how tomorrow will be when I go to FireRed. Sick.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
/sucks at sticking to a theme

Guys, I hate Diamond so much. lmao I have been in the damn forest all day, just grinding a Tyrogue to level 20, and then I am getting the heck out of here. I think this is an abandoned random challenge, cause there is no way I would have ever randomly decided "Hm, I think I'll trade a Chinchou and Tyrogue to Diamond!" I mean...really. lol But it's not as bad as how tomorrow will be when I go to FireRed. Sick.
Especially a Tyrogue! >.>
See, this is why I do my best to get into a challenge as far as possible before quitting. xD
That way I don't end up with a Tyrogue in Eterna Forest pwning Bunearys all day. >.>"

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
This is still the challenge idea thread, right?

Ok, here's something (I think) is rarely taken into consideration:
Pokemon growth rate (ie experience needed to reach lv 100).

The Growth Group Challenge:
- you may only use pokemon with the same growth rate (erratic, fast, medium, parabolic, slow, or fluctuating)

Medium is easiest (has the most pokes), but not hugely powerful; parabolic is more limited and slower to raise (marginally) but has stronger members, fluctuating takes the longest and has very few, etc.

I'd do that, especially to try and complete the challenge for each growth group.

I can post lists if they're ever needed. :>

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
Something to think about.
Does anyone get sick of those challenges where the only thing decided is the pokemon you use?
Like, you get the letter K, use pokemon that starts with K.
They're not really challenges, just an interesting way to choose the pokemon you use.
I want more creative challenges.
Who here remembers the scramble challenge? now THAT was epic.

mal'akh

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Something to think about.
Does anyone get sick of those challenges where the only thing decided is the pokemon you use?
Like, you get the letter K, use pokemon that starts with K.
They're not really challenges, just an interesting way to choose the pokemon you use.
I want more creative challenges.
Who here remembers the scramble challenge? now THAT was epic.
What was the scramble challenge?

@ Shiny: It sounds...interesting. How would someone decide the Pokemon?

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
That challenge.
Say you wanted 4 pokemon.
Others get to tell you what pokemon you will use.
They can use any kind of restriction.

Example:
Im going to play on Ruby.
I want just one pokemon.
NFE please.

Poster Below says:
I'm going to give you a Grovyle.
It cannot know Leaf Blade, it must know Mega Drain, and the TM Secret Power.

or something like that. I may start a thread, but im not very active, so I would very much like someone to do it.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
The different growth rates are programmed into the game, they're listed for each pokemon in some pokedexes, so I've compiled them into lists, e.g.:

Fluctuating pokes need 1 640 000 exp to reach lv 100 (the slowest).
They include:
Breloom
Hariyama
Illumise
Swalot
Wailord
Crawdaunt
Seviper
Drifblim
And their prevos too, of course.

So, the pokemon are already decided by the game mechanisms : )

mal'akh

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
That challenge.
Say you wanted 4 pokemon.
Others get to tell you what pokemon you will use.
They can use any kind of restriction.

Example:
Im going to play on Ruby.
I want just one pokemon.
NFE please.

Poster Below says:
I'm going to give you a Grovyle.
It cannot know Leaf Blade, it must know Mega Drain, and the TM Secret Power.

or something like that. I may start a thread, but im not very active, so I would very much like someone to do it.
This one should be revived. Sounds uber fun, actually.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
How about something like the Ultimate Mashed Challenges Challenge?

Like... Take three or more challenges, and try to beat them all three together in the same gameplay.

I can definitely see something like "Random Pokémon Monotype Nuzlocke" run. Either that, or I'm not making any sense, but I blame that one on being 6:03 am :B

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
Make your own trainer class challenge?
I thought this would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work out ...

you'd fill something like this out, and yeah.

Name of class:
Description:
What pokemon they would use and why:

Some examples

Name of Class: Crazy Cat Lady
Description: A old women who has gone a bit loopy. She'd be dressed in rags and have multiple Cat Pokemon around her.
What pokemon and why: She would mainly have cat pokemon (skitty, meowth, etc) but she might have one "feminine" looking pokemon (kirlia, jynx etc)

Name of Class: Diver
Description: Could be male or female. They would be in a swimming pose, and they would be in a wet suit.
What pokemon and why: Camperl, corsola, octillery and drifloon. the first three are pokemon likely to be found underwater, and drifloon could be used to supply the diver with air.

Get the Idea?

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
The different growth rates are programmed into the game, they're listed for each pokemon in some pokedexes, so I've compiled them into lists, e.g.:

Fluctuating pokes need 1 640 000 exp to reach lv 100 (the slowest).
They include:
Breloom
Hariyama
Illumise
Swalot
Wailord
Crawdaunt
Seviper
Drifblim
And their prevos too, of course.

So, the pokemon are already decided by the game mechanisms : )
This sounds acceptable :D

How about something like the Ultimate Mashed Challenges Challenge?

Like... Take three or more challenges, and try to beat them all three together in the same gameplay.

I can definitely see something like "Random Pokémon Monotype Nuzlocke" run. Either that, or I'm not making any sense, but I blame that one on being 6:03 am :B
We already discussed this a couple pages back you could add "Optional" rules to the Monotype thread or something.
Make your own trainer class challenge?
I thought this would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work out ...

you'd fill something like this out, and yeah.

Name of class:
Description:
What pokemon they would use and why:

Some examples

Name of Class: Crazy Cat Lady
Description: A old women who has gone a bit loopy. She'd be dressed in rags and have multiple Cat Pokemon around her.
What pokemon and why: She would mainly have cat pokemon (skitty, meowth, etc) but she might have one "feminine" looking pokemon (kirlia, jynx etc)

Name of Class: Diver
Description: Could be male or female. They would be in a swimming pose, and they would be in a wet suit.
What pokemon and why: Camperl, corsola, octillery and drifloon. the first three are pokemon likely to be found underwater, and drifloon could be used to supply the diver with air.

Get the Idea?
Another good one one.
What about the Theme Challenge? You use Pokemon that relate to a theme eg for Heat you could use Steelix,Drifblim,Rapidash,Infernape and Lopunny. You have to provide the reasons of why you think the Pokemon fit the theme.
This is basicly the Word challenge but you don't get your word randomized.

OMG MY BIRTHDAY!

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Happy Birthday Chaos

CHALLENGE

I do think those are good ones though. Liking the create trainer class one. and the REstricted one.

Man I need to get back on doing my challegnes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back