• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PoryMap | Map Editor for the Disassembly and Decompilation Projects

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
ok so the main reason i ask is because i mainly hack fire red so i would always have to know what hex number the item is and put it in xse for it to work but with this im not sure what the item hex numbers are for all the megastones as well for the legends so im not sure how to go about writing a script for those kind of events
The decomps use labels, they don't use hex numbers and stuff like that.
You can the labels of every item in the include/constants/items.h file, but it's basically ITEM_NAME_OF_THE_ITEM, like for example ITEM_POTION or ITEM_QUICK_CLAW.

As for the other matter, the scripting syntax for the decomps is no different than XSE's. At worst, a few macros are different, so instead of givepokemon you have givemon.
If you're still unsure, there's a scripting tutorial for the decomps that Avara wrote sometime ago right here.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
i still seem to be confused because im trying to add the megastones around the region and i used the giveitem_std command so when i put it in for the venusaurite and i tried to make the rom i got an error bad intrusion for it not sure where im supposed to put it and do i need to find free space myself for the rom to put it in or does it automatically do it for me???

i want to know more about this as well because i do want to add legendaries as well in these routes so it would be helpful if i can understanding it better

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
i still seem to be confused because im trying to add the megastones around the region and i used the giveitem_std command so when i put it in for the venusaurite and i tried to make the rom i got an error bad intrusion for it not sure where im supposed to put it and do i need to find free space myself for the rom to put it in or does it automatically do it for me???

i want to know more about this as well because i do want to add legendaries as well in these routes so it would be helpful if i can understanding it better
This thread is not about writing scripts. If you need help with your scripting needs, you can leave a post in Avara's Scripting Tutorial, or make a new thread in the Decomp & Diassembly Section.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Hey, If I want to mod Pokeemerald to have an expanded border size, what are the steps for that?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I'm having some compile issues for the latest version of Porymap.
I'm using a Linux (Mint) OS and tried to compile the source code.

I did sudo apt-get install qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev and g++ latest version is installed (7.4.0)

The compilation went flawless on the previous versions 1.2.2 and 2.0.0, but now make gives me a long error log starting with

Code:
username@MachineName:~/porymap$ sudo make
g++ -c -pipe -std=c++11 -Wall -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_QML_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -Iinclude -Iinclude/core -Iinclude/ui -Iinclude/lib -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtQml -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o event.o src/core/event.cpp

src/core/event.cpp: In member function 'poryjson::Json::object Event::buildObjectEventJSON()':
src/core/event.cpp:292:25: error: use of deleted function 'tsl::ordered_map<QString, poryjson::Json>::~ordered_map()'
     OrderedJson::object eventObj;
                         ^~~~~~~~
                         ^~~~~~~~

And then a few dozen deleted function errors. I'm kinda lost what I have to do now or if I did something wrong. Does anyone has had similar problems or has some ideas?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Since my last post, versions 4.3.0 and 4.3.1 of PoryMap have been released.

Quick Summary:
-Triple-layer tile support has been implemented.
-There's a new keyboard shortcut to duplicate events (Ctrl+D).
-There's a new keyboard shortcut to redo a modification in the Tileset Editor (Ctrl+Shift+Z).

There's been minor changes to features or functions that were already in the tool and there's also been various bugfixes since the v4.2.0 too.

As always, the full changelogs and the downloads can be found in the Releases section of PoryMap's GitHub Repository, which is linked in the main post.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2021
I'm having some compile issues for the latest version of Porymap.
I'm using a Linux (Mint) OS and tried to compile the source code.

I did sudo apt-get install qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev and g++ latest version is installed (7.4.0)

The compilation went flawless on the previous versions 1.2.2 and 2.0.0, but now make gives me a long error log starting with

Code:
username@MachineName:~/porymap$ sudo make
g++ -c -pipe -std=c++11 -Wall -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_QML_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -Iinclude -Iinclude/core -Iinclude/ui -Iinclude/lib -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtQml -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o event.o src/core/event.cpp

src/core/event.cpp: In member function 'poryjson::Json::object Event::buildObjectEventJSON()':
src/core/event.cpp:292:25: error: use of deleted function 'tsl::ordered_map<QString, poryjson::Json>::~ordered_map()'
     OrderedJson::object eventObj;
                         ^~~~~~~~
                         ^~~~~~~~

And then a few dozen deleted function errors. I'm kinda lost what I have to do now or if I did something wrong. Does anyone has had similar problems or has some ideas?

Hey, I just went through hell myself getting this to work. Here's what you want to do: askubuntu<dot>com/a/1062238 Follow this answer through the point that they install Qt 5.15. Don't bother with setting up a configuration file, as qtchooser is for whatever reason not included in the Qt installation process (and if you do install qtchooser, it will include a Qt 5.12 build, which is incompatible with Porymap). Once you get Qt 5.15 installed, enter your porymap folder then run the qmake executable which is located in <your_qt_install_path>/5.15.0/gcc_64/bin. After it is run, assuming no errors (which I had none on my side), then you will likely run into an error regarding a missing GL.h when running normal make. To fix this, I installed all mentioned dependencies from this answer: askubuntu<dot>com/a/866868. Finally, running make resulted in no errors, and I could run the newly built porymap executable. I hope this helps you if you haven't yet figured it out, or anyone else running into this issue.
Note: Sorry I couldn't post raw links, since my account is still under the 5 post limit.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2021
I'm having an issue getting Fallarbor Ashy Grass tiles to animate into normal grass when walked upon. Does anyone have any ideas? Additionally, when modifying a map, apparently I broke the warps. Are there any FAQs that address how to go about fixing them? I've tried setting collision to various values and elevation to match but nothing seems to be working... Any ideas?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 11, 2021
Am I missing something obvious, or does the region map editor not change the region map and tilemaps within graphics/interface? It appears to only change the graphics/pokenav folder. This results in the pokedex area screen keeping the Hoenn map. I hope I'm missing something simple. Thanks!

Jessler

PidgeyFox
Years
I used PoryMap's function to import tilesets from my hack I originally started on binary from AdvanceMap. I took the metatiles and everything, and it looks fine in the editor. But when I actually compile it, the tiles are totally messed up. Here's an example.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
May I request an AppImage binary for Linux users? Qt5 is a pain to get working on non-Ubuntu distros (I'm on Fedora34), and AppImage seems to usually work universally. I would just run the windows binary in Wine, but I can't shortcut to scripts in my native text editor from Wine.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place. The thread hasn't had a reply in a year so it feels off replying like this lmao)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
May I request an AppImage binary for Linux users? Qt5 is a pain to get working on non-Ubuntu distros (I'm on Fedora34), and AppImage seems to usually work universally. I would just run the windows binary in Wine, but I can't shortcut to scripts in my native text editor from Wine.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place. The thread hasn't had a reply in a year so it feels off replying like this lmao)
I can't build appimages as I'm not a Linux user and I don't even know how they are made, I'm afraid.
This thread was simply made to advertise Porymap for the people who use the decomps.

You should take this request to the Porymap channel in Pret's Discord.
That's where the people who develop the program can be found.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
when I make the rom i get"Makefile:285: recipe for target 'data/maps/RSZONE/scripts.inc' failed
make: * [data/maps/RSZONE/scripts.inc] Error 127" at the end

and also none of the map connections did not load ( tried to make RSZONE connect to littleroot for convience)

and also in the map file it only displays the PORY file and not the INC file as well.

"/bin/bash: tools/poryscript/poryscript: No such file or directory" also shows up

could i have some help understanding what i'm doing wrong?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
when I make the rom i get"Makefile:285: recipe for target 'data/maps/RSZONE/scripts.inc' failed
make: * [data/maps/RSZONE/scripts.inc] Error 127" at the end

and also none of the map connections did not load ( tried to make RSZONE connect to littleroot for convience)

and also in the map file it only displays the PORY file and not the INC file as well.

"/bin/bash: tools/poryscript/poryscript: No such file or directory" also shows up

could i have some help understanding what i'm doing wrong?
Without knowing what changes did you do, I can't do much to help you.

What I can tell from that "No such file or directory" that is related to Poryscript, is that you wanted to install Poryscript into your project, but didn't do it properly.
I don't use Poryscript myself, but maybe you forgot to add Poryscript's binary?
There's an executable that should be present in the tools/poryscript folder of your project. This is explained in the documentation of Poryscript.
You can find it here in Poryscript's repository's Releases page. If you're using WSL, make sure to use the Linux build.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I had the windows version of the poryscript executable in tools/poryscript, I didn't realize I had to use the linux version when using wsl.

thanks for the help!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Porymap v4.5.0 is out for Windows users.
As usual, the link to the GitHub Repository's Releases page can be found in the main post.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2022
Used your guide in the summer and was able to set up the decompiler, but unfortunately ended up too busy to fully create anything. Coming back to it now, I (hopefully) have everything working and can edit with porymap and compile (can also edit the source code for trainers, mons, etc). My only question isn't exactly related to set up, but specifically running the map edits. After compiling and choosing the gba file, it is still the original emerald. Not sure if this is the best place to ask and I assume there's a simple fix for this. I have the gba emerald version in the pokeemerald file, not sure if that's the right place.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Used your guide in the summer and was able to set up the decompiler, but unfortunately ended up too busy to fully create anything. Coming back to it now, I (hopefully) have everything working and can edit with porymap and compile (can also edit the source code for trainers, mons, etc). My only question isn't exactly related to set up, but specifically running the map edits. After compiling and choosing the gba file, it is still the original emerald. Not sure if this is the best place to ask and I assume there's a simple fix for this. I have the gba emerald version in the pokeemerald file, not sure if that's the right place.
After you make changes with Porymap, and you save them by going to File -> Save, you need to build a new ROM by going into your terminal and typing make just like you did when you first built a ROM.

If even after that your changes do not show up, it may be happening because your project contains errors that made it impossible to build new .o files with your new content.
In that situation, you can do make clean or make mostlyclean and then make.
Keep in mind that preferably, you'll want to keep Porymap and also your project both up-to-date, that is, on par with Pret's Pokeemerald (or RHH's Pokeemerald-expansion, whatever you're using.)

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2022
Thanks for the response, I seem to have found the problem, not sure why yesterday I wasn't getting this while using make. But this explains why nothing is changing.
attachment.php

Attachments

• stddef.png
    stddef.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 184
Back