• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
The worst part is the whole entire reason they are doing this crap... is so they can give McIntyre a WrestleMania moment in front of a live crowd.

That's like... completely and totally unnecessary and unneeded. Especially when there's no chance in hell (lol WWE pun) that COVID is going to be any better for WrestleMania next month but yeah let's have live fans anyways and make the situation a whole lot f-ing worse and make the pandemic last even longer than what is already has!! Stupid, stupid, stupid, dumb, incompetent, no common sense, catering to Trump, catering to terrorist Republicans, conspiracy theory believing BS. 😡

Let's not forget that reports are going around that NXT will be moving to Tuesdays. At this point AEW has won and it only makes me further believe that WWE is starting to head towards WCW's fate.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Wow. Just wow.

AEW is the best thing ever. I swear it really is and they are totally going to put WWE out of business. We should all celebrate now!!

lolyeahright

First they have an extremely botched 'explosion' ending to their PPV and on the Dynamite ep that just aired there was practically 30 minutes where you couldn't hear anything because of some sort of audio interference or mix up or crossed wiring or whatever with what sounded like some sort of basketball game

Yep. This is totally the perfect company that does everything perfectly and will finally put 'the big bad' WWE out of business for good like all you marks clearly want.

Except... you know... they won't. ROTFLMFAO

Christian and Big Show may have possibly just made the worst decision of their careers.

Years
I really want AEW to succeed ya know? WWE needs some legitimate competition to keep them honest, and stop them from just doing whatever they want.

Looks like AEW isn't that just yet...

Years
Tonight's WWE Hall of Fame will see both the class of 2020 and 2021 inducted, since last year's event was cancelled due to covid restrictions.

The full lineup is below. How do you all feel about this bunch?

Spoiler:

Sorry for the double post but I didn't want to create a new thread :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I don't understand the Bella Twins or The Great Khali. They haven't done really all that much to be in it.

Years
It was a really bizarre show.

The HOF really doesn't work prerecorded because the editors make poor choices, and it just becomes so boring.

They spent more time on poor wrestlemania video packages, and on promo style interviews with current wrestlers, than on the actual inductees.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I didn't watch WrestleMania myself... I just read results online. But I'll give my thoughts on it anyway. I'm not going to write an essay though lol. Just short and quick thoughts.

Night 1 appeared to be pretty great.

Night 2 was horrid crap

There is literally no reason whatsoever to give Rhea Ripley a title when she literally just showed up a couple of a weeks ago. 😠

But this is WWE after all. They do whatever the f they want. Clearly.

#SaveUsBecky

😞

Years
Without giving too many spoilers... both nights were absolutely shocking, but yeah night two was particularly bad.

The Rhea match was a lot worse than expected tbh, and yeah the booking was horrible.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Yeah this was my first time watching a wrestling show since the royal rumble, I tuned into night two. It was all pretty lame aside from edge/roman/bryan.

Also I remember titus being better on the mic. He didn't sound very comfortable.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
I wish I had found out about this thread ages ago :) the only person I can have a good chat with about wrestling these days is my real life friend Cyril, so a big thank you to whoever set this up.

I only managed to watch Mania Night 2 and I thought in terms of match pacing, crowd participation and atmosphere it wasn't bad, but as far as match results go I have some issues (except for the Edge/DB/Reigns match). The crowd wasn't exhausted by the time Edge/DB/Reigns started and that helped me enjoyed the match, so I hope going forward WWE will keep Mania as a weekend event instead of one 7-hour+ behemoth of a show. I say that while expecting WWE to fail to make both Mania Nights stacked with must-watch matches though xD because as far as creative goes, I will not expect any miracles from them, but I'll be happy to find at least a handful of matches that I'll tune in for.

Any thoughts on the weekly shows which followed Mania so far? NXT is what I've seen, I'm skipping RAW until the PPV and I missed Smackdown so no idea what's been happening there. Also, which other promotions do you catch as well besides WWE and AEW?

Years
https://www.wwe.com/article/braun-s...na-ruby-riott-murphy-santana-garrett-released

None of these releases make any god damn sense.

If this isn't a sign that WWE is about to go the way of WCW... then cleary I don't know wtf is

It's ok, they brought back Eva Marie...

There are some theories spiralling that WWE is getting ready to sell as a company.

I don't know enough about business to make a comment on this.

Tbh people have been saying they were going to sell for a long time, and yet nothing has ever happened.

Does kinda feel like they're cutting some expenditure to make profits look good though... 🤔

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I would literally rather not watch wrestling at all then be forced to watch AEW only

It's not as good or 'the greatest thing to ever exist' as the simps and marks are trying to tell you. It really isn't.

But believe whatever the f you want to

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Rumors are circulating that Daniel Bryan is '100% locked in' to signing with AEW and supposedly there are negotiations ongoing with CM Punk as well.

So in other words these will be the final nails in WWE's coffin. Out of business when?

But I'm the spiteful type so I'll probably hold a personal boycott of AEW and not watch it ever again if it becomes literally the only company to watch. 😐

Years
Rumors are circulating that Daniel Bryan is '100% locked in' to signing with AEW and supposedly there are negotiations ongoing with CM Punk as well.

So in other words these will be the final nails in WWE's coffin. Out of business when?

But I'm the spiteful type so I'll probably hold a personal boycott of AEW and not watch it ever again if it becomes literally the only company to watch. 😐

I'm not really up-to-date with wrestling right now as I've been very busy, but yeah... they would be game changers for sure!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
If what I said in my previous post actually happens... I'm done. For good. Because I absolutely refuse to watch AEW only if they are the only company to watch.

I would rather quit watching wrestling for good then be forced to watch AEW only.

End of story

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I watched SummerSlam last night. Because there were too many matches I wanted to see and it's unknown how many WWE PPVs are left

The Edge/Seth Rollins match was probably the best match of the night. Although honestly Cena/Reigns was better than I was expecting it to be.

Becky Lynch and Brock Lesnar both returned last night as well. The former is the new SmackDown Women's Champ after squashing Bianca Belair and the latter showed up at the end of the show to set up another match with Reigns.

Whether this is good or saves them from DELETION (lolno) is up to interpretation obviously.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson), Ruby Riott (Ruby Soho) and Adam Cole (no name change) all showed up during AEW's PPV last night.

Hmm? What? You want more from me? I don't have anything else to say

*sips from cup that says I TOLD YOU SO on it*

Back