• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Project not dead, I'll just leave this here...
P7OAfoZ.png

Oohhh! I love the design! I prefer the non shiny version over the shiny one, but that's probably because I feel it's a traditional ghost type color scheme. I vaguely recollect someone saying that emerald genesis is going to be made on the disassembly, is that true? If so, have you planned some features that only the decomp can provide?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hello, Hillsy13 !

So, I am playing your hack, and I'll just report to you a specific bug, so you can know that it exists:

My Slowking has the wonderful ability "regenerator", and unfortunately I think that because of this ability I found a bug, and the bug happened this way: My Slowking with the ability "regenerator" was hit by the move "toxic", and then I went and change my Slowking in the battle for another pokémon, therefore using the ability "regenerator", and then when I saw my Slowking, his HP was completely broke, his full HP is 205, but then became 768! AND, on top of that, I found out that this bug made him INVENCIBLE! His HP goes from 768 to 205 when he is hit, and if he is hit again, his HP returns to 768, and it's a loop! LOL! A bug that make your pokémon invencible. That has to be because of the "regenerator" ability being used combined with being hit by the move "toxic". At least, that was what I've conclude...

Anyway! Just to let you know!
I love your hack, it's being my favorite Pokémon game! A big hug to you!

Attachments

• Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1612102094889.png
    Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1612102094889.png
    10 KB · Views: 26
  • Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1612102414798.png
    Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1612102414798.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 22
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 16, 2023
Hello there! Great hack! Is there any document about Pokémon with type changes?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hello, Hillsy13 !

So, I am playing your hack, and I'll just report to you a specific bug, so you can know that it exists:

My Slowking has the wonderful ability "regenerator", and unfortunately I think that because of this ability I found a bug, and the bug happened this way: My Slowking with the ability "regenerator" was hit by the move "toxic", and then I went and change my Slowking in the battle for another pokémon, therefore using the ability "regenerator", and then when I saw my Slowking, his HP was completely broke, his full HP is 205, but then became 768! AND, on top of that, I found out that this bug made him INVENCIBLE! His HP goes from 768 to 205 when he is hit, and if he is hit again, his HP returns to 768, and it's a loop! LOL! A bug that make your pokémon invencible. That has to be because of the "regenerator" ability being used combined with being hit by the move "toxic". At least, that was what I've conclude...

Anyway! Just to let you know!
I love your hack, it's being my favorite Pokémon game! A big hug to you!

I just want to leave an update about this bug report that I did:

I came across having my Slowking with toxic again with his HP down a little, so if I changed my Slowking for another pokémon, the regenerator ability would be used, so I decided to try again and see if the bug works. AND IT DIDN'T. So... the trigger that makes this bug work is not that simple... Well, the first time that this bug appeared to me, it was a double battle... so maybe that's the exact trigger? Be also in a double battle? I don't know exactly now. All I know is that this bug is possible, and I still think that it has to be somewhat relate to the regenerator ability... Well, bottom line now is that the trigger of the bug is not that easy, as I was thinking, AND THAT IS GOOD NEWS!

Anyway, just an update on this.

I play very slow the game. I still only have 6 gym badges. I try to really appreciate the details. I plan to make a video in the future reviewing this entire ROM hack. I'm a Brazilian, so maybe I'll do a video in brazilian-portuguese and another one in english, I still don't know about this...

A big hug to Hillsy13 and everyone reading this!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hoennian Pidgey, Pidgeotto and Pidgeot coming soon in Beta 3!
W4mR9iV.png

The entire line is Fairy/Flying type, and can be found on Route 110. The locals say they inhabit this area to protect the cyclists that fall from the cycling road above!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I just want to leave an update about this bug report that I did:

I came across having my Slowking with toxic again with his HP down a little, so if I changed my Slowking for another pokémon, the regenerator ability would be used, so I decided to try again and see if the bug works. AND IT DIDN'T. So... the trigger that makes this bug work is not that simple... Well, the first time that this bug appeared to me, it was a double battle... so maybe that's the exact trigger? Be also in a double battle? I don't know exactly now. All I know is that this bug is possible, and I still think that it has to be somewhat relate to the regenerator ability... Well, bottom line now is that the trigger of the bug is not that easy, as I was thinking, AND THAT IS GOOD NEWS!

Anyway, just an update on this.

I play very slow the game. I still only have 6 gym badges. I try to really appreciate the details. I plan to make a video in the future reviewing this entire ROM hack. I'm a Brazilian, so maybe I'll do a video in brazilian-portuguese and another one in english, I still don't know about this...

A big hug to Hillsy13 and everyone reading this!

I'M BACK for another update about this bug involving the regenerator ability, AND THIS UPDATE BRINGS CLARITY!!

So, here is the situation:
Unfortunately I bring BAD NEWS... The trigger of this bug is far more simple than I ever imagined... IT WORKS IN THE FOLLOWING WAY: If you just have a pokémon that has the ability regenerator and use this ability IN A DOUBLE BATTLE, then the bug simply occurs. ... Yeah... Bad news about this bug... Nothing to do with being hit by toxic and nothing... Just using the ability regenerator in a double battle will trigger the bug and then the HP of your pokémon will broke and he will become invencible in a battle... and this is forever, I don't think that there is a way to bring the pokémon back... so you must have not saved the game, or your pokémon will be bugged forever... In the case of being invencible against moves like perish song, destiny bond, one turn kill moves, I don't know... But whatever, this is bad.

Unfortunately and sadly I think that I will have to go and change the ability of my Slowking for the other that he has, just to avoid losing my precious Slowking that I trained hard and was difficult to find one with good IVs...

So, Hillsy13, here it is. Maybe you can fix this bug for the other update of your game. If you cannot, ok, I completely understand. At least we all know now that it definately exists and how it triggers...

BUT, HEY: maybe it's just my Slowking? Maybe?

Well, that's the situation about this right now, that I can tell.

A hug to you, Hillsy13!
o/

Attachments

• Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1615930035025.png
    Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1615930035025.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1615930059004.png
    Pokémon Emerald Genesis 2.1_1615930059004.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 11
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hello!
Now, I'm gonna leave just a small request: originally Umbreon learns the move Screech, but for some reason it is removed here. I think that the move Screech is great for Umbreon and makes total sense that he learns it... So, please, make possible to Umbreon learn Screech again. But of course, just do this if you want.

Thanks anyway for this great hack!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
I don't know whether this is a bug or glitch...but my Kirlia ((male)) hasn't evolved to Gardevior, Its now at Level 40. I didn't give it the everstone...I was holding the the Lucky Egg.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I don't know whether this is a bug or glitch...but my Kirlia ((male)) hasn't evolved to Gardevior, Its now at Level 40. I didn't give it the everstone...I was holding the the Lucky Egg.

No, it's not a bug or glitch, the problem is exactly the fact that you are trying to have a male Gardevoir. In this game Gardevoir is only female (which I totally agree with this decision, shows that Hillsy13 has good sense, and not only that decision, but many others that I saw and recognize shows good senses by Hillsy13...).

You now have two options: or you just have a Kirlia, or just go ahead and evolve it to Gallade using a stone.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 22, 2022
I am looking for a good Enhanced Emerald hack and its really hard to choose so the big important thing I will ask is how faithful is this to the original game and story?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I am looking for a good Enhanced Emerald hack and its really hard to choose so the big important thing I will ask is how faithful is this to the original game and story?

It's mostly faithful to the original emerald, the extra events are honestly not intrusive and do not feel out of place, in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Question: Is there a Battle Frontier Opponent Pokemon List??? If so, which Pokemon is it? What IVs, EVs, held item and moves???

Days
  • Seen today
Dear everyone, l have tried this game.. But quick question, can anyone pls give me a cheat code for this game.. Since l got 3 so far.. And lts just so hard to find cheat code for this game, so l hope if anyone sees this.. Pls reply my chat if you have the cheatcode, so l can save it for nostalgia and memories..

Back