• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music lyrics that made you do a double take

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
what are some wildly stupid lyrics you heard that you had to pause and think did i rly just hear that bc for me it's this poetry:

hey lady lady tell me when you're ready we can go get at it like we trynna make a baby

Years
Look up the lyrics to, Vendetta Red Cried R*pe On Thier Date With Destiny. It is a brutal song and album.

Edit: Thought I should change to an asterisk.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i just remembered that one day i was listening to a 90's playlist at work and livin la vida loca comes on and ig i never Really Listened to it bc y'all we rly just let this song play on the radio when he talkin bout "she took my heart and she took my money must have slipped me a sleeping pill" y'all i had to pause it bc that threw me off so bad lmfao i was like hello???????

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
i just remembered that one day i was listening to a 90's playlist at work and livin la vida loca comes on and ig i never Really Listened to it bc y'all we rly just let this song play on the radio when he talkin bout "she took my heart and she took my money must have slipped me a sleeping pill" y'all i had to pause it bc that threw me off so bad lmfao i was like hello???????
legit any song from the 90s i've never reflected on the lyrics for, because i didn't bother listening properly as a kid and i've seldom listened to those songs in recent times. so i've had more experiences like yours yeah haha

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Lose Control by Missy Elliott. I mean, one of the lyrics is literally "Make you do a double take".

Soap Disco by Kara's Flowers (Adam Levine's old band) has some...odd lyrics.

"The children had the time
To overthrow the slime
The superchildren said they could see

Bright lights and clean colors
Check it out, see what it's all about
'Cause this is soap disco, so charming
See the floor from a cleaner point of view"

I guess "to overthrow the slime" means to clean a mess up (with reference to "See the floor from a cleaner point of view", but taken completely out of context it's a silly lyric. Still don't know what "superchildren" in this song could mean, either.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
legit any song from the 90s i've never reflected on the lyrics for, because i didn't bother listening properly as a kid and i've seldom listened to those songs in recent times. so i've had more experiences like yours yeah haha

this also reminds me how i liked the song sex and candy by marcy's playground as a kid but i didn't know that was the title or even what they were saying until i was in my 20's lmfaooooo

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
hey i'm back with the entirety of bedrock:

"i'm attracted to her for her attractive ass"
"i race for your love, shake and bake, ricky bobby"
"and i just be comin off the top asbestos"
"and i got her...grocery bag"

Years
One that sticks out in my mind is a Commodores song.

***** ***** are my weakness. Not swear words, but the lyrics and whole damn song are so disturbing, I can't bring myself to type it.

I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing when I first heard it.

Years
Coheed and Cambria have always been exceptional at spinning literal "wtf?" lyrics, however what really got me was this one line in their last song on Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV:

"If I had my way I'd crush your face in the door"

The song it's in doesn't really up until that point suggest anything of the sort, however the way it just skyrockets into this violence is just wild, what's even worse is just after this the song goes into flat-out country music and is super jovial... messes with my head a bit

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
They coming on a swarm and they raining on your college ass disco
Get your collar turnt up in your freshest attire
Get your bitch womb ready 'cause this baby gon' be fire
This not a dream it's a memory
Mammary glands heavy
And the sky blacked out already
Stop screaming
The flames ain't shit to a demon
Say the name

Like... wtfffff

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
"i feel good sometimes i don't"

thanks drake i think that's just called being human but i'm glad you felt it was so profound that it needed to be in a song

Years
When you gonna buy me a canned ham
I've been waiting so long
When you gonna buy it
When you gonna satisfy me

I like a canned ham baby (baby)
Canned ham that's for me
When I think about it
Sends me into ecstasy

Put it in a skillet
Fry it nice and brown
Put it in my pocket
Gonna carry it around & around & around & around

Been waiting, I've been waiting so long

When you gonna buy me that canned ham Greenbaum?
Someday

Norman Greenbaum - Canned Ham

Yup!

Years
Spoiler: nsfw
"Got ya grandma on my dick (haha)"

....points if you know what song that's from (or i guess not, since that lyric almost single-handedly ruins the whole song for me).

Back