• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] How do I edit an existing data table?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I need to add 2 bytes of padding to an existing table, the best solution I can think of is to add another
column to the end and fill it with free space.

But I don't know how I'd do that, or how to have it fill free space, but not overwrite what's normally there (assuming that would even be a problem in decomp) .

I thought I had found the source for the table and tried adding an extra argument/statement to the end, but the layout didn't change whatsoever, when I opened the rom in a hexviewer.
edit:
Ok I found this out, comes down to knowing the data structure, as tables are just data arranged in a specific repeating structure.
For decomp I just need to find the right struct, and then add or remove whatever I want in the struct/array, and make sure anything that references it is updated correctly.

Last edited:
Back