• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Like you guys, I also think rematches would be awesome. :3 You could always have Unova-only Pokemon at first, then in the rematch, add in the others that aren't from Unova. If not, maybe have max four Pokemon for each trainer the first time around, then six the next time, since iirc B/W didn't have any six Pokemon leaders.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2012
Yes, I totally agree with rematches, but maybe a little more simple than HG/SS. I only got to have one rematch as I kept missing the time. I also agree with you Forever, maybe as you have more and more rematches the Gym Leaders also keep getting stronger, thus, providing entertainment and EXP.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
More exp would be good, but how high would they go? Like you could give them a cap of level uhh 70, and with the highest being around 40 or so, it increases by 10 levels each time you rematch, so then effectively it could be another way to earn exp other than just Audino grinding. :3 Maybe limit to one rematch a week thoughhh.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
More exp would be good, but how high would they go? Like you could give them a cap of level uhh 70, and with the highest being around 40 or so, it increases by 10 levels each time you rematch, so then effectively it could be another way to earn exp other than just Audino grinding. :3 Maybe limit to one rematch a week thoughhh.
I'd like that, and the highest the Elite went to was 77 (that being Alder) so the Gym Leaders still remain lower leveled which is a good thing! Though I really want rematches to not have any sort of time limit. You rematch as you please, but you still have to go in the order from the first gym to the eighth before you go back to the first gym to have another rematch.

I really want to see gym rematches take place though, like please. :( I really wanna battle Homika more than once haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah idk, I know being in order makes sense but B/W gave us freedom with e4 at least, so I'd like to think B2W2 would give us that sort of freedom with gym leader rematches in B2W2. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
One thing I love about Gym battles is the possibility of seeing their teams get even stronger after you defeat them the first time. I really hope they do include a rematch feature, and maybe make some more use of the Xtransiever.
But I agree with Forever, I'd like to be able to choose who I go up against when I want to, like HG/SS did.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
I'd really like to see more than just eight gyms, and rematches. In the anime there's been more than eight gyms, so why not in the games? Also, leveled gyms would be an interesting change.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
The rematches is a very excellent addition. Why wasn't there in Black and White 1, was the question I first thought. I prefer battling the gym leaders over the Elite Four anyway to be honest. If they do not add that feature of the rematch for Black/White 2, it will be a huge disappointment. I can't believe I totally forgot about this earlier I would had loved to battle Elesa/Skyla over and over again like I did with Whitney, Erika, Claire, Misty and Sabrina in HG/SS. Come on, don't disappoint us!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
For rematches I'll like it if during the first rematch you have to go to their gym for the match like in Emerald. Also I'll like it if they had a feature in which we could pick what type of battle style we want our rematch at the time to be, like we could have triple battles one day, and the next time we return we could pick the same or another, thus adding more variety to the rematches.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Yeah idk, I know being in order makes sense but B/W gave us freedom with e4 at least, so I'd like to think B2W2 would give us that sort of freedom with gym leader rematches in B2W2. :x

But I agree with Forever, I'd like to be able to choose who I go up against when I want to, like HG/SS did.
Well if this were the case, I'd still prefer if there was no time limit nor specific dates specifying when we could rematch them. Like plenty of people, I would probably miss it and/or not really care to. :[ Kind of like the Casteliacones, I always miss the days we get 'em, so I don't really bother with them much.

Aside from the whole rematch situation, I wish that none of the Gym Leaders have duplicate Pokémon again. At all. Elesa had two Emolga, and that slot could have well been saved for a great Electric type like Joltik. Now that older Pokémon are here, the Gym Leaders have no excuse to have two of the same Pokémon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I can see Elesa having a Raichu or a Pikachu depending if she appears and what number she is, and maybe have Emoga too...hopefully her whole team won't just be Pika clones though, that would be too easy...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Based on the map we will be going Starter City -> Second City -> Port City -> Castella -> Nimbasa -> Driftvell -> etc. Its the same city order cause the other half is still covered in ice on the map. Even if its an advertising ploy, they still show the primary route, so it may only be two Gyms that changed cause only two gyms are covered.
I could see this being the order if the map is really frozen and you can't access the areas.

How do we know any gyms have changed? Perhaps we may get to battle the original leaders later on after the Elite 4 or something. This change that happened in Unova might not be permanent( we dont know what it is or what caused it yet, so we cant say its absolutely not reversable yet.)
We don't, at this point everything is just speculation. I assume by change you mean the frozen areas?

Interesting. But it doesn't make sense since he only has 3 Pokémon on his team. Perhaps after you've beaten the Elite Four he is found over there for a short while? I'm leaning towards his gym being found in an earlier city/town still.
I agree, I don't really see Shizui gym being all the way over there when he has three pokes and that area isn't anywhere near the protagonist home town.

This is what I hope will happen in terms of gym leaders:
If 8, in no particular order:
Water: Shizui (blue)
Posien: Homika (purple)
Fighting: Marshel (he was demoted)(red)
Rock: new female leader (orange)
Bug: Burgh (green)
Flying(white)/steel(black): Skyla(a new face among the historic setting)/Jasmine(an old face among the futruistic setting) (grey)
Dragon: Iris (indigo)
Ground: Clay (yellow)
(if ten:
Normal: Aloe
Ghost: Shauntel: (same as Marshal))
Elite Four:
Grass: Cilan, who left his two brothers to run the resturant
Pyschic: Catilin
Electric/Fire: Elesa and a new male, who is insane in the brain(also why the region is still frozen over)
Dark: Grimsly
New Champion: New Villain, who leads a new group with a diffrent person as a figure-head trying to freeze the world over, starting with Unova, leading them from behind the scenes. He lost Kyruem during the main story, who you obtain, but he has replaced him. Mixed, but 4 of the 6 are part Ice types. He replaces Kyruem with the opposite games mascot from the first version.
After you beat the champion, you force him to unfreeze the region, allowing you to visit the past towns. He is then replaced as champion with the main character from the first set who is of your gender.
If anything I see Marshall promoted since he was Alder student, I don't see why he would be demoted unless he asked for it. Also I the set up off the Elite Four seems unrealistic that they have two gym leaders get promoted while two apparently get demoted. Even if the two left the Elite Four I don't see them as gym leaders. I'd like too think of Shauntel as a book keeper if she wasn't apart of the Elite Four. That would be interesting to see the Champ of the previous game face you. But the evil head seems unrealistic as well, albeit Giovanni was a gym leader.

So in Black & White, unexpectedly there were no Gym Rematches which may have been done purposely, This brings me to the question do you think there will be Gym rematches in B2W2 considering there were none in Black & White? Also if there are how will they affect the storyline, will there be a purpose for this?
As already said it wasn't done in Diamond and Pearl. As well as Ruby and Sapphire so with the Third installment like Emerald and Plat I see them be rematchable.

One thing I love about Gym battles is the possibility of seeing their teams get even stronger after you defeat them the first time. I really hope they do include a rematch feature, and maybe make some more use of the Xtransiever.
On top of that its nice too see the pokemon that comprise their new team. And the rematch system where you meet them somewhere is interesting as well too keep from HGSS.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Aside from the whole rematch situation, I wish that none of the Gym Leaders have duplicate Pokémon again. At all. Elesa had two Emolga, and that slot could have well been saved for a great Electric type like Joltik. Now that older Pokémon are here, the Gym Leaders have no excuse to have two of the same Pokémon.

Yeah I agree, considering that we'll probably have a good choice earlier on, the gym leaders can have a much larger choice themselves of what to use. Though I guess I wouldn't mind duplicates, especially if it's an easy to beat duplicate. :x Don't see the early leaders having them though. XD;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Yeah I agree, considering that we'll probably have a good choice earlier on, the gym leaders can have a much larger choice themselves of what to use. Though I guess I wouldn't mind duplicates, especially if it's an easy to beat duplicate. :x Don't see the early leaders having them though. XD;
You know they will anyway XD Gamefreak is full of trolls. Watch Homika have 2 Koffing. Just to spite us.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh God please no, considering she only has two... no Venipede?! She's gotta have Venipede, they can't do this to me. Do it on the water leader pleaseeeeee ;__;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh God please no, considering she only has two... no Venipede?! She's gotta have Venipede, they can't do this to me. Do it on the water leader pleaseeeeee ;__;

Is it bad that I see him pulling a Misty/Koga?

Lotad....Lombre....Ludicolo.

Gamefreak: Trololololol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Omg, I would kinda like that. I mean it might be annoying to beat early on, but assuming you have bug types and poison types around there (well going from the logic that B/W showed us of making it easier), you should be fine tbh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No issue w/ that, considering that they seem like they'd be found early on, and both would "beat" what we think the next gym leader is, so it fits.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You kinda have to ask how soon they are avialable though. If Homika is the first Gym we could only get to the upper 20s in the Pokedex if the Encounter order is the same as B/W

We only got to #21 with the possibility of the Panpour Gift, catch wise only up to #15 with Purrloin. Lenora allowed us to go to #45 Sawk.

If they follow that order there really wouldn't be much available before Homika, this is only valid if they don't allow us to go past her City like how most First Gym restrictions are.

So far Mareep and Psyduck are the only possibilities I see before Homika with the info presented and I'm stretching the What if factor with Psyduck based on B/W encounter releases. Not to mention Tile restrictions. (Cave, Grass, or Water)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back